Subject: Re: [quicwg/base-drafts] Stream0 dt output ready (#1377)

From: ekr <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Jun 2018 09:15:18 -0700

ekr commented on this pull request.

> +In general, the rules for which data can appear in packets of which
+encryption level are the same in QUIC as in TLS over TCP:
+
+- CRYPTO_HS frames MAY appear in packets of any encryption level.
+- CONNECTION_CLOSE and CRYPTO_CLOSE MAY appear in packets of any
+  encryption level other than 0-RTT.
+- PADDING and PING frames MAY appear in packets of any encryption level.
+- ACK frames MAY appear in packets of any encryption level, but
+  MUST only acknowledge packets which appeared in that encryption
+  level.
+- STREAM frames MUST ONLY appear in the 0-RTT and 1-RTT levels.
+- All other frame types MUST only appear at the 1-RTT levels.
+
+Because packets may be reordered on the wire, QUIC uses the packet
+type to indicate which level a given packet was encrypted
+under [TODO: Table needed here?]. When multiple packets of

Done.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1377#discussion_r193470927

---

From: ekr <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Jun 2018 09:15:24 -0700

-If 0-RTT is not attempted, then the client does not send packets protected by
-the 0-RTT key (@0).  In that case, the only key transition on the client is from
-handshake packets (@H) to 1-RTT protection (@1), which happens after it sends
-its final set of TLS handshake messages.
+~~~
+{: #quic-tls-handshake title="QUIC Handshake"}

I will add a new diagram.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1377#discussion_r193470962

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2018 15:38:38 -0700

Closed #1377.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1377#event-1702628621