Subject: [quicwg/base-drafts] 3b7569: Permit 0-RTT after Retry and VN

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 02 Jul 2018 22:57:06 -0700

Branch: refs/heads/allow-retry-0rtt
  Home:   https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts
  Commit: 3b756980be074f9bf8115737a4ad1e95802d747c
      https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/commit/3b756980be074f9bf8115737a4ad1e95802d747c
  Author: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
  Date:   2018-07-03 (Tue, 03 Jul 2018)

  Changed paths:
    M draft-ietf-quic-recovery.md
    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md

  Log Message:
  -----------
  Permit 0-RTT after Retry and VN

After the discussion on #1507, I've been convinced that there is no real
value in preventing a client from attempting 0-RTT after a Retry.  And,
it would seem like Version Negotiation has essentially the same
properties, so excluding it would be inconsistent.

This allows this, explores the consequences for packet numbers (don't
reset them!), and updates the recovery text to include Version
Negotiation.

Closes #1507.

      **NOTE:** This service been marked for deprecation: https://developer.github.com/changes/2018-04-25-github-services-deprecation/

      Functionality will be removed from GitHub.com on January 31st, 2019.