Subject: [quicwg/base-drafts] Describe the fields of packets (not packet headers) (#1567)

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2018 17:49:49 -0700

Closes #1566.
You can view, comment on, or merge this pull request online at:

  https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1567

-- Commit Summary --

  * Describe the fields of packets (not packet headers)

-- File Changes --

    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md (8)

-- Patch Links --

https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1567.patch
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1567.diff

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1567

---

From: ianswett <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2018 21:07:49 -0700

ianswett approved this pull request.

I'm not sure of the reason for the change, but this looks fine to me.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1567#pullrequestreview-137254260

---

From: Kazuho Oku <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2018 23:50:46 -0700

Thank you for working on the changes. They look good to me.

FWIW, I realized that this is an issue we should fix by looking at the fact that we could have two interpretations of where the token-len and token fields could be located in -13. One interpretation is that it is before the payload assuming that payload is not part of the header, and the other is that it should be after the payload because payload is defined as part of the header.

It is source of confusion as you can see in #1535. While it is true that we will be moving the location of the token fields in #1498, I think this PR is worth the effort to avoid similar confusion in the future.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1567#issuecomment-405071401

---

From: Marten Seemann <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2018 11:44:01 -0700

marten-seemann approved this pull request.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1567#pullrequestreview-137274641

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2018 05:26:13 -0700

Merged #1567.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1567#event-1735175784