Subject: [quicwg/base-drafts] Remove UNSOLICITED_PATH_RESPONSE (#1539)

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Jul 2018 03:22:54 -0700

Giving this error a special code creates an emphasis on the error
condition that is entirely inappropriate.  This is a tricky error code
to generate correctly, but giving it a special number implies that it
needs special handling.  That's not really the case, so using
PROTOCOL_VIOLATION is plenty.

Closes #1265.
You can view, comment on, or merge this pull request online at:

  https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1539

-- Commit Summary --

  * Remove UNSOLICITED_PATH_RESPONSE

-- File Changes --

    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md (8)

-- Patch Links --

https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1539.patch
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1539.diff

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1539

---

From: ianswett <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Jul 2018 06:35:35 -0700

ianswett commented on this pull request.

> @@ -3293,7 +3293,7 @@ frame.  Its format is identical to the PATH_CHALLENGE frame
 
 If the content of a PATH_RESPONSE frame does not match the content of a
 PATH_CHALLENGE frame previously sent by the endpoint, the endpoint MAY generate
-a connection error of type UNSOLICITED_PATH_RESPONSE.
+a connection error of type PROTOCOL_VIOLATION.

Should this specify the frame type as PATH_RESPONSE now that frame type is present in CONNECTION_CLOSE?

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1539#pullrequestreview-135418690

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Jul 2018 14:55:56 -0700

martinthomson commented on this pull request.

Yes, but I didn't think that it would be necessary to state that explicitly.  If we decide to do that, I'd want to do that everywhere.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1539#discussion_r201159718

---

From: ianswett <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Jul 2018 22:07:10 +0000 (UTC)

Agreed, we might want to state it everywhere.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1539#discussion_r201162258

---

From: ianswett <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Jul 2018 15:07:15 -0700

ianswett approved this pull request.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1539#pullrequestreview-135610595

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2018 21:18:17 -0700

Merged #1539.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1539#event-1759259765