Subject: Re: [quicwg/base-drafts] Early retransmit code (#934)

From: Subodh Iyengar <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2018 11:37:23 -0700

I think this is not an issue any more

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/934#issuecomment-406032329

---

From: Subodh Iyengar <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2018 11:37:23 -0700

Closed #934.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/934#event-1740852702

---

From: Subodh Iyengar <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2018 11:38:17 -0700

Reopened #934.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/934#event-1740854433

---

From: Subodh Iyengar <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2018 11:38:40 -0700

sorry this is so old that i forgot why i raised this, will discuss with @ianswett  offline and then close properly.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/934#issuecomment-406032707

---

From: Subodh Iyengar <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2018 11:49:10 -0700

More concrete example:

1. Send packet 1, 2, 3, 4

2. Ack 1,2,4. 
3 is lost 
largest_sent = 4
largest_acked = 4 

3. loss_time is set now to send_time(3) + 5/4 rtt

4. Send 5
largest_sent = 5
largest_acked = 4 

5. timer for 3 fires
DetectLostPackets(4) is invoked

since largest_acked != largest_sent

delay_until_lost = infinite

so packet 3 is not lost in this round and needs to go through another round

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/934#issuecomment-406035928