Subject: Re: [quicwg/base-drafts] Single Packet Number Space (#1591)

From: Nick Banks <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 01 Aug 2018 16:19:09 +0000 (UTC)

@MikeBishop for that issue, I believe that if we don't send ACK frames in Initial packets and disallow PING / PADDING only packets, essentially requiring Initial packets to just contain CRYPTO frames (and PADDING), in both directions, if you get an ACK for a packet you didn't sent, then it would be OK to blow up. If someone is able to inject a packet with a CRYPTO frame that was accepted and acknowledged by your peer, then you are hosed anyways.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1591#issuecomment-409632444

---

From: Nick Banks <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 01 Aug 2018 12:21:26 -0700

@nibanks pushed 1 commit.

9e4221b  Merge branch 'master' into pr/single-packet-number-space

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
View it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1591/files/13f9e4518c45251d655f14b38582291f4f7746de..9e4221bd55f4d887ed42d40fbd0b229200795abd

---

From: Mike Bishop <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 07 Aug 2018 09:52:49 -0700

MikeBishop commented on this pull request.

> @@ -118,10 +118,8 @@ Retransmittable Packets:
 
 All transmissions in QUIC are sent with a packet-level header, which indicates
 the encryption level and includes a packet sequence number (referred to below as
-a packet number).  The encryption level indicates the packet number space, as
-described in {{QUIC-TRANSPORT}}.  Packet numbers never repeat within a packet
-number space for the lifetime of a connection.  Packet numbers monotonically
-increase within a space, preventing ambiguity.
+a packet number).  Packet numbers never repeat for the lifetime of a connection.
+Packet numbers monotonically increase within a space, preventing ambiguity.

But you have no packet number spaces here....  I'm guessing this is a merge artifact.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1591#pullrequestreview-144088858

---

From: Nick Banks <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 07 Aug 2018 10:01:30 -0700

d63b20d  Remove additional reference to packet space.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
View it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1591/files/9e4221bd55f4d887ed42d40fbd0b229200795abd..d63b20d27ac0c5b7fd9770c5361a17f8d2702a86

---

From: Mike Bishop <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 07 Aug 2018 10:02:10 -0700

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1591#pullrequestreview-144092556