Subject: [quicwg/base-drafts] Use 'encryption' less often (#1708)

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2018 16:49:08 -0700

The term is protection in most cases.
You can view, comment on, or merge this pull request online at:

  https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1708

-- Commit Summary --

  * Use 'encryption' less often

-- File Changes --

    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md (21)

-- Patch Links --

https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1708.patch
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1708.diff

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1708

---

From: ianswett <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2018 05:50:57 -0700

ianswett approved this pull request.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1708#pullrequestreview-150104873

---

From: Mike Bishop <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2018 10:05:12 -0700

MikeBishop commented on this pull request.

-Conceptually, a packet number space is the encryption context in which
-a packet can be processed and ACKed.  Initial packets can only be sent
-with Initial encryption keys and ACKed in packets which are also
-Initial packets.  Similarly, Handshake packets can only be sent and
-acknowledged in Handshake packets.
+Conceptually, a packet number space is the context in which a packet can be
+processed and ACKed.  Initial packets can only be sent with Initial encryption

Should this also be protection?

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1708#pullrequestreview-150224158

---

From: Mike Bishop <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2018 10:06:04 -0700

-Conceptually, a packet number space is the encryption context in which
-a packet can be processed and ACKed.  Initial packets can only be sent
-with Initial encryption keys and ACKed in packets which are also
-Initial packets.  Similarly, Handshake packets can only be sent and
-acknowledged in Handshake packets.
+Conceptually, a packet number space is the context in which a packet can be
+processed and ACKed.  Initial packets can only be sent with Initial encryption
+keys and ACKed in packets which are also Initial packets.  Similarly, Handshake
+packets can only be sent and acknowledged in Handshake packets.

"Handshake packets can only be sent in Handshake packets" is either tautological or incorrect, and I'm uncertain which.  Either way, I don't think this says what you mean to say.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1708#pullrequestreview-150224458

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2018 15:28:13 -0700

@martinthomson pushed 1 commit.

d016a96  Say things more clearly

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
View it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1708/files/e5e288842bda6d7275784762835880a96154f280..d016a9697c2e5d58439f5563bf470a54b652dbc9

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2018 15:39:43 -0700

Merged #1708 into master.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1708#event-1814313465