Subject: [quicwg/base-drafts] Limit delayed ack timer to 1 RTT (#1663)

From: ianswett <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2018 05:48:53 -0700

Fixes #1662
You can view, comment on, or merge this pull request online at:

  https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1663

-- Commit Summary --

  * Limit delayed ack timer to 1 RTT

-- File Changes --

    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md (8)

-- Patch Links --

https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1663.patch
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1663.diff

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1663

---

From: ianswett <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2018 13:58:34 +0000 (UTC)

@ianswett pushed 1 commit.

69278e4  Update draft-ietf-quic-transport.md

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
View it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1663/files/5521fabff56f17a0188dfe416bc4dc77f9045df8..69278e492721b71812b7d0b8cabdf2a7e6ecbf30

---

From: Nick Banks <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2018 08:05:42 -0700

nibanks approved this pull request.

LGTM

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1663#pullrequestreview-146484407

---

From: mirjak <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2018 16:34:05 +0000 (UTC)

mirjak approved this pull request.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1663#pullrequestreview-146519669

---

From: mirjak <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2018 09:36:09 -0700

I guess it could still makes sense to also add a reference to the recovery draft there.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1663#issuecomment-413255676

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2018 15:43:08 -0700

martinthomson approved this pull request.

Careful, you are roaming into 6919-bis territory here :)

> @@ -3407,9 +3407,11 @@ Implementations MUST NOT generate packets that only contain ACK frames in
 response to packets which only contain ACK frames. However, they MUST
 acknowledge packets containing only ACK frames when sending ACK frames in
 response to other packets.  Implementations MUST NOT send more than one packet
-containing only ACK frames per received packet that contains frames other than
-ACK frames.  Packets containing non-ACK frames MUST be acknowledged immediately
-or when a delayed ack timer expires.
+containing only an ACK frame per received packet that contains frames other than
+an ACK frame.  Packets containing non-ACK frames MUST be acknowledged
+immediately or when a delayed ack timer expires. The delayed ack timer should
+never delay an ACK for longer than an RTT, which ensures an ACK frame is sent

"should never" or "MUST NOT"?

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1663#pullrequestreview-146646858

---

From: ianswett <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2018 07:46:47 -0700

6f3238f  should never

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
View it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1663/files/69278e492721b71812b7d0b8cabdf2a7e6ecbf30..6f3238f988c7afedacb85596263bd1f11b50c79a

---

From: Mike Bishop <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2018 20:26:48 +0000 (UTC)

MikeBishop commented on this pull request.

Or "does not," if you're making an assertion about the outcome of this strategy.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1663#discussion_r210730873

---

From: ianswett <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2018 22:16:58 +0000 (UTC)

Merged #1663 into master.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1663#event-1814281756