Subject: [quicwg/base-drafts] 5808eb: Certainty is about not received

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 07 Aug 2018 19:16:23 -0700

Branch: refs/heads/drop-duplicates
  Home:   https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts
  Commit: 5808eb81a6e0a6a0cde7e2f4b00421d545b26687
      https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/commit/5808eb81a6e0a6a0cde7e2f4b00421d545b26687
  Author: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
  Date:   2018-08-08 (Wed, 08 Aug 2018)

  Changed paths:
    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md

  Log Message:
  -----------
  Certainty is about not received

Change the text to emphasize that the requirement is that packet numbers
have never been accepted before, not that duplicates be detected.

Detecting duplicates requires an insane amount of state.  Providing
assurance that a packet has never been accepted before is easier, and
that's all we need.

Also qualify with packet number space, because the same packet number
can be sent in each of the three packet number spaces.

      **NOTE:** This service has been marked for deprecation: https://developer.github.com/changes/2018-04-25-github-services-deprecation/

      Functionality will be removed from GitHub.com on January 31st, 2019.