Subject: [quicwg/base-drafts] Padding in Initial in -13 (#1645)

From: Lars Eggert <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 09 Aug 2018 17:10:57 +0000 (UTC)

This got unfixed in version -13.

The end of Section 4.4.1 says:
```
   The payload of an Initial packet includes a CRYPTO frame (or frames)
   containing a cryptographic handshake message, ACK frames, or both.
```
whereas Section 4.4.1.4 says:
```
   The payload of a UDP datagram carrying the Initial packet MUST be
   expanded to at least 1200 octets (see Section 8), by adding PADDING
   frames to the Initial packet and/or by combining the Initial packet
   with a 0-RTT packet (see Section 4.6).
```
So PADDING frames need to be allowed in Section 4.4.1 as part of the Initial packet.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1645

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 09 Aug 2018 18:25:43 -0700

Closed #1645 via 34bfae19d763f0d46b94ab3cf9dae95c6b044a5d.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1645#event-1781515745