Subject: [quicwg/base-drafts] No longer calculate max_ack_delay in recovery (#1782)

From: ianswett <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2018 16:07:25 -0700

Instead use the peer's value from transport parameters.

Fixes #1438
You can view, comment on, or merge this pull request online at:

  https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1782

-- Commit Summary --

  * No longer use max_ack_delay in recovery

-- File Changes --

    M draft-ietf-quic-recovery.md (13)

-- Patch Links --

https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1782.patch
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1782.diff

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1782

---

From: ianswett <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2018 16:08:38 -0700

@ianswett pushed 1 commit.

b011e5d  Update draft-ietf-quic-recovery.md

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
View it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1782/files/7eac22823fa28930f85c43c909bddcf5325d14fb..b011e5d82bcfce601faff335b5c71cfc56363c54

---

From: Nick Banks <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2018 16:13:04 -0700

nibanks approved this pull request.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1782#pullrequestreview-157499586

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2018 16:36:18 -0700

martinthomson approved this pull request.

I assume that I just haven't seen the transport piece of this yet.

> @@ -598,9 +598,10 @@ min_rtt:
 : The minimum RTT seen in the connection, ignoring ack delay.
 
 max_ack_delay:
-: The maximum ack delay in an incoming ACK frame for this connection.
-  Excludes ack delays for non-retransmittable packets and those
-  that create an RTT sample less than min_rtt.
+: The value from the `max_ack_delay` transport parameter, which
+  indicates the maximum amount of time in milliseconds the receiver

the maximum amount of time by which the receiver intends to delay acknowledgments, in milliseconds

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1782#pullrequestreview-157886782

---

From: ianswett <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2018 16:53:07 -0700

9e6b8e8  Martin's suggestion

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
View it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1782/files/b011e5d82bcfce601faff335b5c71cfc56363c54..9e6b8e8bdcb628af5fdf1a5865eae133940ea193

---

From: ianswett <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2018 16:53:24 -0700

Thanks Martin, any other issues?

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1782#issuecomment-423781462

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2018 09:32:56 -0700

Nope, merge away (the CI issue is not your fault).

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1782#issuecomment-423829106

---

From: ianswett <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2018 11:41:00 -0700

Merged #1782 into master.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1782#event-1862086139

---

From: MikkelFJ <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2018 15:36:03 -0700

wow that is some commit name 5ea1606

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1782#issuecomment-423853164