Subject: [quicwg/base-drafts] Permit closing frames in all packets (#1769)

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2018 14:14:58 +0000 (UTC)

Closes #1766.
You can view, comment on, or merge this pull request online at:

  https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1769

-- Commit Summary --

  * Permit closing frames in all packets

-- File Changes --

    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md (10)

-- Patch Links --

https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1769.patch
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1769.diff

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1769

---

From: ianswett <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2018 07:23:46 -0700

ianswett approved this pull request.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1769#pullrequestreview-156847398

---

From: Nick Banks <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2018 07:27:15 -0700

nibanks approved this pull request.

I think this is fine, but a few of us had a conversation related to APPLICATION_CLOSE before you have actually negotiated the ALPN. How can you interpret the error code in the APPLICATION_CLOSE frame before that?

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1769#pullrequestreview-156849297

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2018 07:43:30 -0700

Oh, that's a good point.  I think that makes the use of APPLICATION_CLOSE in Initial hard (Handshake is OK).  I'll adjust.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1769#issuecomment-422830885

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2018 07:44:40 -0700

@martinthomson pushed 1 commit.

c3975c0  APPLICATION_CLOSE in Initial doesn't work

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
View it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1769/files/03f8a2f3124ce2c0493f62873e72d90c5909020d..c3975c0bd30cdc647d4322c12f5f8e57a638c41e

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2018 07:45:17 -0700

Merged #1769 into master.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1769#event-1855266510

---

From: martinduke <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2018 08:07:02 -0700

I don't think this completely addresses #1766. There should probably be some MUSTs or MUST NOTs. Furthermore, we should explain what to do with invalid frames in packets. I imagine we should drop silently in the case of Initial and throw PROTOCOL_VIOLATION in the other contexts.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1769#issuecomment-422839097