Subject: [quicwg/base-drafts] Merge ACK and ACK_ECN in recovery (#1783)

From: ianswett <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2018 16:17:04 -0700

Merges ACK and ACK_ECN in recovery, in preparation for the same in transport.
You can view, comment on, or merge this pull request online at:

  https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1783

-- Commit Summary --

  * Merge ACK and ACK_ECN in recovery

-- File Changes --

    M draft-ietf-quic-recovery.md (17)

-- Patch Links --

https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1783.patch
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1783.diff

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1783

---

From: Nick Banks <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2018 16:25:50 -0700

nibanks commented on this pull request.

> @@ -105,7 +100,7 @@ In-flight:
 
 Retransmittable Frames:
 
-: All frames besides ACK, ACK_ECN, or PADDING are considered
+: All frames besides ACK, or PADDING are considered

Is the `,` needed any more? Also, this can all fit on a single line now, right?

> @@ -133,13 +128,13 @@ acknowledged or declared lost and sent in new packets as necessary. The types
 of frames contained in a packet affect recovery and congestion control logic:
 
 * All packets are acknowledged, though packets that contain only ACK,
-  ACK_ECN, and PADDING frames are not acknowledged immediately.

Looks like the `,` after ACK isn't needed here either.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1783#pullrequestreview-157501911

---

From: ianswett <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2018 16:43:15 -0700

@ianswett pushed 1 commit.

ebb0223  Update draft-ietf-quic-recovery.md

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
View it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1783/files/0cfdc6b3120cbca9f18bcea37f627c8114108509..ebb022360fb11a7f945e577f563553e1356c77be

---

From: ianswett <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2018 16:43:37 -0700

Thanks Nick, commas removed.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1783#issuecomment-423368926

---

From: MikkelFJ <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2018 16:59:56 -0700

mikkelfj commented on this pull request.

>  ACK-only:
 
-: Any packet containing only an ACK or ACK_ECN frame.
+: Any packet containing only an ACK frame.

padding?

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1783#pullrequestreview-157508007

---

From: martinduke <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2018 12:49:52 -0700

martinduke approved this pull request.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1783#pullrequestreview-157835587

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2018 09:47:11 -0700

Merged #1783 into master.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1783#event-1861671128

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2018 09:47:12 -0700

We're part the way there now/

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1783#issuecomment-423757178