Subject: [quicwg/base-drafts] Cite limitations on key usage (#1926)

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2018 20:05:46 -0700

Closes #1457.
You can view, comment on, or merge this pull request online at:

  https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1926

-- Commit Summary --

  * Cite limitations on key usage

-- File Changes --

    M draft-ietf-quic-tls.md (3)

-- Patch Links --

https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1926.patch
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1926.diff

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1926

---

From: MikkelFJ <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2018 22:15:40 -0700

mikkelfj commented on this pull request.

Would a new error code make sense and text about should/must closr an overused key?

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1926#pullrequestreview-169152637

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2018 22:18:29 -0700

This generally isn't a hard edge, so - as in TLS - you can simply cause your peer to update if you think they are running too close to the line.  I don't think that we need an error code in that case.  Nor do I want tons of text about how to manage this.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1926#issuecomment-433790985

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2018 02:01:56 -0700

Merged #1926 into master.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1926#event-1931621245