Subject: [quicwg/base-drafts] 4dc5e0: Compatible version upgrade

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2018 00:18:59 -0700

Branch: refs/heads/vn-mkII
  Home:   https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts
  Commit: 4dc5e0d3985972cd45238e62b505f7e8ae15e1b9
      https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/commit/4dc5e0d3985972cd45238e62b505f7e8ae15e1b9
  Author: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
  Date:   2018-10-24 (Wed, 24 Oct 2018)

  Changed paths:
    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md

  Log Message:
  -----------
  Compatible version upgrade

This introduces the design that proposed by ekr prior to the NY interim.
In this design, the client advertises the list of versions it supports
in its transport parameters.  The server is permitted to select a
"compatible" version and proceed as though the client selected that
version.

The main advantage of this approach is seamless upgrade between
compatible versions without the extra round-trip imposed by Version
Negotiation.  This will be especially useful when we move from
pre-release versions (0xff0000xx) to the final version.

Closes #1773, #1755.

      **NOTE:** This service has been marked for deprecation: https://developer.github.com/changes/2018-04-25-github-services-deprecation/

      Functionality will be removed from GitHub.com on January 31st, 2019.