Subject: [quicwg/base-drafts] handshake timer spec is inconsistent (#1816)

From: martinduke <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 01 Oct 2018 17:44:17 +0000 (UTC)

Section 4.3.1 of quic-recovery says:

The initial handshake timeout SHOULD be set to twice the initial RTT.

but the pseudocode says:

timeout = max(timeout + max_ack_delay, kMinTLPTimeout)

Do we include max_ack_delay or not?

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1816

---

From: ianswett <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 01 Oct 2018 17:56:56 +0000 (UTC)

My intent was to not include max_ack_delay in the handshake timeout, because "4.4.1.  Crypto Handshake Data" advises using a very short or no ACK delay for handshake packets. 

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1816#issuecomment-426002533

---

From: ianswett <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 01 Oct 2018 18:39:08 +0000 (UTC)

Closed #1816 via #1817.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1816#event-1877499620