Subject: [quicwg/base-drafts] Errors for bad stream-related frames (#1938)

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2018 16:09:55 -0700

This fixes the even/odd problem from #1933, moves the paragraph as
suggested there, and adds a note about unidirectional streams.

Closes #1933.
You can view, comment on, or merge this pull request online at:

  https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1938

-- Commit Summary --

  * Errors for bad stream-related frames

-- File Changes --

    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md (11)

-- Patch Links --

https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1938.patch
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1938.diff

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1938

---

From: MikkelFJ <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2018 16:41:11 -0700

mikkelfj commented on this pull request.

> @@ -310,6 +306,13 @@ The two type bits from a Stream ID therefore identify streams as summarized in
 
 The first bidirectional stream opened by the client is stream 0.
 
+If an endpoint receives a frame for a stream that it expects to initiate (i.e.,
+an even-numbered for the client or an odd-numbered for the server), but which it
+has not yet opened, it MUST close the connection with error code
+STREAM_STATE_ERROR.  Similarly, receiving a STREAM or RST_STREAM frame for a
+unidirectional streams that an endpoint expects to initiate MUST be treated as a

```suggestion
unidirectional stream that an endpoint expects to initiate MUST be treated as a
```

(plural stream)

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1938#pullrequestreview-170045505

---

From: janaiyengar <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2018 16:41:36 -0700

janaiyengar approved this pull request.

 

```suggestion

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1938#pullrequestreview-170045293

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2018 17:17:12 -0700

@martinthomson pushed 1 commit.

7a78537  plural fix

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
View it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1938/files/03da7a386ac4965f71795e8a00a907155d8a03a2..7a785371054aad7fdfd2aa5e9b5d8cba430400c2

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2018 17:17:33 -0700

Merged #1938 into master.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1938#event-1936623862

---

From: Marten Seemann <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2018 21:38:31 -0700

marten-seemann commented on this pull request.

There's also the case for unidirectional streams in the opposite direction, e.g. when a peer receives a MAX_DATA frame for a unidirectional stream that the other side initiated.

 

This also applies to STREAM_DATA_BLOCKED.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1938#pullrequestreview-170090147

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2018 16:43:06 -0700

martinthomson commented on this pull request.

 

Yeah, I thought of that.  Now I'm regretting having this paragraph.  Maybe it's best to just remove it and rely on other text.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1938#discussion_r229902926

---

From: MikkelFJ <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2018 17:44:20 -0700

Just add a note: Other misguided stream frames such as MAX... also closes the cinnection.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1938#discussion_r229911044