Subject: [quicwg/base-drafts] 552e08: I decided to reword this after reading it. It mis...

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2018 22:08:15 -0700

Branch: refs/heads/how-to-protect-close
  Home:   https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts
  Commit: 552e087f3ed19433f255296ff9b007cfdb5a3884
      https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/commit/552e087f3ed19433f255296ff9b007cfdb5a3884
  Author: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
  Date:   2018-10-19 (Fri, 19 Oct 2018)

  Changed paths:
    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md

  Log Message:
  -----------
  I decided to reword this after reading it.  It missed a few key things.

I think that the second piece to #1786, which was to make allowances for
fatal errors arising from Initial packets won't be necessary.  I'm happy
to see a PR, of course, but the sentiment I've heard expressed is that
it is very hard to manage this, and the spec wouldn't expressly prevent
someone from trying to build a system that was resilient to
maliciously-crafted Initial packets, but we wouldn't take steps in this
document to deal with that.  As previously agreed, if you are attacked
and the attacker was able to modify Initial packets, then they can deny
you the ability to connect.

Closes #1818, #1786.

      **NOTE:** This service has been marked for deprecation: https://developer.github.com/changes/2018-04-25-github-services-deprecation/

      Functionality will be removed from GitHub.com on January 31st, 2019.