Subject: [quicwg/base-drafts] define HTTP_UNEXPECTED_GOAWAY (#1925)

From: Luca Niccolini <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 27 Oct 2018 12:31:32 -0700

using the first available ID 0x0013

fixes #1918
You can view, comment on, or merge this pull request online at:

  https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1925

-- Commit Summary --

  * define HTTP_UNEXPECTED_GOAWAY

-- File Changes --

    M draft-ietf-quic-http.md (4)

-- Patch Links --

https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1925.patch
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1925.diff

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1925

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2018 17:00:20 -0700

My preference is not to create specific error codes for this, but instead to rely on a more generic error code, but I will let @MikeBishop make that call.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1925#issuecomment-433754768

---

From: Mike Bishop <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2018 11:17:57 -0700

Yeah, I'd like to be slightly more generic in situations that have multiple different variants, though probably not as generic as Martin would have me be.

We have HTTP_WRONG_STREAM_DIRECTION for cases where unidirectional streams open in a direction their definition doesn't permit (e.g. clients initiating push streams); maybe we need a HTTP_WRONG_FRAME_DIRECTION for GOAWAY and MAX_PUSH_ID direction issues?

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1925#issuecomment-434020495

---

From: Luca Niccolini <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2018 17:02:27 -0700

another interesting case is when a second SETTINGS frame gets received, right now we return MALFORMED_FRAME, which is a bit misleading since the frame could be perfectly formed, it's just showing at the wrong time in the wrong place :) 

> If an endpoint receives a second SETTINGS frame, the endpoint MUST respond with a connection error of type HTTP_MALFORMED_FRAME.

how about HTTP_UNEXPECTED_FRAME to catch all the above cases ?

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1925#issuecomment-434124477

---

From: Mike Bishop <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2018 12:02:09 -0700

That works.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1925#issuecomment-434426328