Subject: [quicwg/base-drafts] Retiring connection IDs (#2085)

From: ekr <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2018 18:14:44 -0800

```An endpoint maintains a set of connection IDs received from its peer, any of
which it can use when sending packets.  When the endpoint wishes to remove a
connection ID from use, it sends a RETIRE_CONNECTION_ID frame to its peer,
indicating that the peer might bring a new connection ID into circulation using
the NEW_CONNECTION_ID frame.
```

This text is very weak. Don't we expect peers to bring new connection IDs into circulation when they receive RETIRE_CID? Shouldn't we say so.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2085

---

From: erickinnear <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2018 18:17:48 -0800

Yeah, I thought at one point that it was a SHOULD?

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2085#issuecomment-443391309