Subject: Re: [quicwg/base-drafts] Renumber frames (#1945)

From: janaiyengar <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 03 Nov 2018 02:29:40 -0700

janaiyengar commented on this pull request.

-The RST_STREAM frame is as follows:
+A connection will time out if no packets are sent or received for a period
+longer than the time specified in the idle_timeout transport parameter (see
+{{termination}}).  However, state in middleboxes might time out earlier than
+that.  Though REQ-5 in {{?RFC4787}} recommends a 2 minute timeout interval,
+experience shows that sending packets every 15 to 30 seconds is necessary to
+prevent the majority of middleboxes from losing state for UDP flows.
+
+
+## ACK Frame {#frame-ack}

```suggestion
## ACK Frames {#frame-ack}
```

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1945#pullrequestreview-171321969

---

From: janaiyengar <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 03 Nov 2018 02:32:04 -0700

+A sender SHOULD send a STREAMS_BLOCKED frame (type=0x16 or 0x17) when it wishes
+to open a stream, but is unable to due to the maximum stream limit set by its
+peer (see {{frame-max-streams}}).  A STREAMS_BLOCKED frame of type 0x16 is used
+to indicate reaching the bidirectional stream limit; a STREAMS_BLOCKED frame of

```suggestion
to indicate reaching the bidirectional stream limit, and a STREAMS_BLOCKED frame of
```

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1945#pullrequestreview-171322019

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 03 Nov 2018 02:32:31 -0700

@martinthomson pushed 1 commit.

0a28ba6  Missed a few

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
View it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1945/files/15c59e195cd74d2dad3131a9c9660e132572fb8e..0a28ba675b6faa262197e4eee1aaaa2580554b45

---

From: janaiyengar <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 03 Nov 2018 02:33:13 -0700

-Version Negotiation and Retry packets cannot be acknowledged because they do not
-contain a packet number.  Rather than relying on ACK frames, these packets are
-implicitly acknowledged by the next Initial packet sent by the client.
+The MAX_STREAMS frames (type=0x12 and 0x13) inform the peer of the number of
+streams it is permitted to open.  A MAX_STREAMS frame with a type of 0x12
+applies to bidirectional streams; a MAX_STREAMS frame with a type of 0x13

```suggestion
applies to bidirectional streams, and a MAX_STREAMS frame with a type of 0x13
```

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1945#pullrequestreview-171322047

---

From: janaiyengar <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 03 Nov 2018 02:33:52 -0700

-: A variable-length integer indicating the stream limit at the time the frame
-  was sent.
+* The OFF bit (0x04) in the frame type is set to indicate that there is an
+  Offset field present.  When set to 1, the Offset field is present; when set to

```suggestion
  Offset field present.  When set to 1, the Offset field is present.  When set to
```

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1945#pullrequestreview-171322066

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 03 Nov 2018 02:37:11 -0700

438da79  period

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
View it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1945/files/0a28ba675b6faa262197e4eee1aaaa2580554b45..438da79a12f84e0a6c6dc3597d9be2d5332dc629

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 03 Nov 2018 02:37:27 -0700

329ac0d  comma

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
View it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1945/files/438da79a12f84e0a6c6dc3597d9be2d5332dc629..329ac0d1d86546165f9e9708269ce2f7201e48b2

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 03 Nov 2018 09:37:39 +0000 (UTC)

392bfc9  comma

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
View it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1945/files/329ac0d1d86546165f9e9708269ce2f7201e48b2..392bfc9a9aee8553dfa0110ad5d691323c92e897

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 03 Nov 2018 02:39:48 -0700

martinthomson commented on this pull request.

> @@ -2698,24 +2698,24 @@ frames are explained in more detail in {{frame-formats}}.
 | Type Value  | Frame Type Name      | Definition                     |
 |:------------|:---------------------|:-------------------------------|
 | 0x00        | PADDING              | {{frame-padding}}              |

0 was used for padding intentionally.  calloc() and write-in-place implementations are easier this way.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1945#discussion_r230550140

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 03 Nov 2018 02:42:02 -0700

6b1c60e  Reflow

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
View it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1945/files/392bfc9a9aee8553dfa0110ad5d691323c92e897..6b1c60eb82dd699b9382eda4f10dad65a67e21a6

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 03 Nov 2018 03:52:02 -0700

Merged #1945 into master.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1945#event-1944333249