Subject: [quicwg/base-drafts] 201811161345 decoders dont receive resets (#2014)

From: Dmitri Tikhonov <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2018 10:47:46 -0800

You can view, comment on, or merge this pull request online at:

  https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2014

-- Commit Summary --

  * Fix wording: decoders don't receive resets
  * Reflow paragraph to fit into 80 columns

-- File Changes --

    M draft-ietf-quic-qpack.md (15)

-- Patch Links --

https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2014.patch
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2014.diff

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2014

---

From: Kazuho Oku <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2018 14:24:05 -0800

kazuho commented on this pull request.

> @@ -668,13 +668,14 @@ Largest Known Received.
 ### Stream Cancellation
 
 A stream that is reset might have multiple outstanding header blocks with
-dynamic table references.  A decoder that receives a stream reset before the end
-of a stream generates a Stream Cancellation instruction on the decoder stream.
-Similarly, a decoder that abandons reading of a stream needs to signal this
-using the Stream Cancellation instruction.  This signals to the encoder that all
-references to the dynamic table on that stream are no longer outstanding.  A
-decoder with a maximum dynamic table size equal to zero MAY omit sending Stream
-Cancellations, because the encoder cannot have any dynamic table references.
+dynamic table references.  An endpoint that receives a stream reset before
+the end of a stream generates a Stream Cancellation instruction on the
+decoder stream.  Similarly, a decoder that abandons reading of a stream needs

Maybe you need to change here as well? i.e. "a decoder that abandons" -> "an endpoint that abandons"

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2014#pullrequestreview-176003963

---

From: Dmitri Tikhonov <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2018 18:28:28 -0800

dtikhonov commented on this pull request.

 ### Stream Cancellation

Good point -- I'll modify this part as well.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2014#discussion_r234392841

---

From: Mike Bishop <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2018 19:05:51 +0000 (UTC)

MikeBishop approved this pull request.

Subject to @kazuho's amendment, LGTM.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2014#pullrequestreview-176450960

---

From: Dmitri Tikhonov <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2018 11:10:21 -0800

@dtikhonov pushed 1 commit.

2317cd0  Replace one more 'a decoder' with 'an endpoint'

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
View it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2014/files/2a23e0c910b33966e1091377b8f8d6e3eb1fa446..2317cd09a779e2561153eb8920d32d2239fa7b61

---

From: afrind <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2018 13:26:17 -0800

Can you resolve the conflicts?  Probably the whole section moved.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2014#issuecomment-442223049

---

From: Dmitri Tikhonov <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2018 15:54:06 +0000 (UTC)

@dtikhonov pushed 2 commits.

c2e375d  Merge branch 'master' into 201811161345-decoders-dont-receive-resets
34a36ee  Fix: endpoints receive resets and deal with streams

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
View it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2014/files/2317cd09a779e2561153eb8920d32d2239fa7b61..34a36ee4c86d42a796f91478e4a5e84e55cadea2