Subject: [quicwg/base-drafts] 316f7f: Fix for off-path migration attack

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2018 22:13:17 -0800

Branch: refs/heads/migration-fix
  Home:   https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts
  Commit: 316f7f1313bd89656f467f036916047fbc45a182
      https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/commit/316f7f1313bd89656f467f036916047fbc45a182
  Author: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
  Date:   2018-11-21 (Wed, 21 Nov 2018)

  Changed paths:
    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md

  Log Message:
  -----------
  Fix for off-path migration attack

This is not an easy attack to defend against, except for
probabilistically.  So what we do is recommend more probing on old paths
to give the endpoint that is apparently migrating more opportunities to
cause the connection to migrate away from the path chosen by an
attacker.

I've tweaked surrounding text a little.  The most interesting being the
3RTO timer on path validation.  It's not the right number, but I don't
think that the right number is attainable, and this is close enough.

This text isn't final. I'd like it to be more accurate AND shorter, but
lack the skills and perspective.

Closes #1278, #1749.

      **NOTE:** This service has been marked for deprecation: https://developer.github.com/changes/2018-04-25-github-services-deprecation/

      Functionality will be removed from GitHub.com on January 31st, 2019.