Subject: Re: [quicwg/base-drafts] On-path calculation of RTT (#631)

From: Brian Trammell <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 07 Nov 2018 06:47:57 -0800

Unparking, per rough consensus to go forward with the spin bit in BKK.

I think the right way forward here is to:

- refer to the spin-exp document from the new short header definition, once the first-octet discussion is complete (I checked the notes, but it's not clear that the discussion converged)
- work out the details of a spin-bit based approach to signaling RTT in -spin-exp
- work out the details of measuring the spin bit in -manageability (note: much of this is already in section 3.6, and needs only minor tweaks)
- merge -spin-exp into -transport once we settle on the details.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/631#issuecomment-436647244

---

From: janaiyengar <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2018 12:52:38 -0800

I'm closing this, since the spin bit is now in the draft. If we find that this doesn't yet have consensus, happy to reopen it. We can figure out editorial considerations amongst the editors. 

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/631#issuecomment-440037706

---

From: janaiyengar <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2018 20:52:39 +0000 (UTC)

Closed #631.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/631#event-1975723302