Subject: [quicwg/base-drafts] When can you coalesce connections (#2223)

From: ekr <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2018 15:03:04 -0800

S 2.4.

```
An authoritative HTTP/3 endpoint is typically discovered because the client has
received an Alt-Svc record from the request's origin which nominates the
endpoint as a valid HTTP Alternative Service for that origin.  As required by
{{RFC7838}}, clients MUST check that the nominated server can present a valid
certificate for the origin before considering it authoritative. Clients MUST NOT
assume that an HTTP/3 endpoint is authoritative for other origins without an
explicit signal.
```

This text seems quite a bit more restrictive than S 9.1.1. of RFC 7540,
which just allows reuse as long as the SAN is present in the cert. Is
that intentional?

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2223

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2018 17:56:36 -0800

I think that the intent was to present equivalent text.  Though the thinking about coalescing has evolved some in the meantime.  We should discuss where we think the state of this discussion is at and see if we can capture something sensible.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2223#issuecomment-449212679