Subject: [quicwg/base-drafts] Call Largest Reference on the wire something else. (#2250)

From: Bence Béky <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 23 Dec 2018 13:17:01 -0800

It moderately bothers me that the term "Largest Reference" is used for the actual concept as well as the transformed on-the-wire value.  Using separate terms might make implementing less error-prone.
You can view, comment on, or merge this pull request online at:

  https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2250

-- Commit Summary --

  * Call Largest Reference on the wire something else.

-- File Changes --

    M draft-ietf-quic-qpack.md (30)

-- Patch Links --

https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2250.patch
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2250.diff

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2250

---

From: Bence Béky <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Dec 2018 06:48:47 -0800

The spec currently implies that 0 is sent on the wire as 0, and that a 0 wire value is decoded as 0, but it's very implicit.  Another advantage of this PR is to cover this case explicitly.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2250#issuecomment-449742448