Subject: [quicwg/base-drafts] Ekr editorial 17 http (#2204)

From: ekr <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2018 04:02:53 -0800

You can view, comment on, or merge this pull request online at:

  https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2204

-- Commit Summary --

  * Editorial
  * Remove extra text about handling invalid CANCEL_PUSH frames.
  * Apparently we don't like em-dash
  * Move settings frame description upward for greater clarity
  * Clarify the general rule about deciding errors and then remove the
  * Clean up some errors and redundancy
  * Remove more redundancy
  * More editorial
  * Self review

-- File Changes --

    M draft-ietf-quic-http.md (181)
    M draft-ietf-quic-qpack.md (6)

-- Patch Links --

https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2204.patch
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2204.diff

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2204

---

From: Mike Bishop <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2018 15:23:51 -0800

MikeBishop requested changes on this pull request.

Mostly good, but some minor nits.  Is it possible not to rewrap things to a smaller size?  Otherwise, I'll go through and rewrap before merging.

> @@ -324,7 +325,7 @@ transport parameter `initial_max_uni_streams`.
 
 If the stream header indicates a stream type which is not supported by the
 recipient, the remainder of the stream cannot be consumed as the semantics are
-unknown. Recipients of unknown stream types MAY trigger a QUIC STOP_SENDING
+unknown. Recipients of unknown stream types MAY send a QUIC STOP_SENDING

The use of "trigger" is deliberate, since an HTTP implementation cannot directly send transport frames.  It can ask the transport implementation to do so.

> @@ -546,14 +548,16 @@ the interpretation of the associated Element ID fields.
 | 10        | Placeholder      | Placeholder ID                 |
 | 11        | Root of the tree | Absent                         |
 
-Note that the root of the tree cannot be referenced using a Stream ID of 0, as
-in {{!RFC7540}}; QUIC stream 0 carries a valid HTTP request.  The root of the
-tree cannot be reprioritized. A PRIORITY frame sent on a request stream with the
-Prioritized Element Type set to any value other than `11` or which expresses a
-dependency on a request with a greater Stream ID than the current stream MUST be
-treated as a stream error of type HTTP_MALFORMED_FRAME.  Likewise, a PRIORITY
-frame sent on a control stream with the Prioritized Element Type set to `11`
-MUST be treated as a connection error of type HTTP_MALFORMED_FRAME.
+Note that unlike in {{!RFC7540}}; the root of the tree cannot be

I don't think this should be a semicolon.

> @@ -312,7 +312,7 @@ permit the encoder to track the decoder's state.  These events are:
 
 - Complete processing of a header block
 - Abandonment of a stream which might have remaining header blocks
-- Receipt of new dynamic table entries
+- Receipt of new dynamic table entries (Table State Synchronize)

Why specify the instruction for this event, but not for the others?  This ought to be consistent.

> @@ -375,7 +375,7 @@ initial maximum table size is the value of the setting in the peer's SETTINGS
 frame.
 
 Before a new entry is added to the dynamic table, entries are evicted from the
-end of the dynamic table until the size of the dynamic table is less than or
+end the dynamic table until the size of the dynamic table is less than or

"end of" is correct

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2204#pullrequestreview-186326804

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2018 20:37:44 -0800

M-x set-variable fill-column 80

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2204#issuecomment-448466964