Subject: [quicwg/base-drafts] run DetectLostPackets before resetting crypto_count and pto_count (#2209)

From: Marten Seemann <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2018 22:34:01 -0800

I'm not sure if this is correct, but I think this would fix #2208.
You can view, comment on, or merge this pull request online at:

  https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2209

-- Commit Summary --

  * run DetectLostPackets before resetting crypto_count and pto_count

-- File Changes --

    M draft-ietf-quic-recovery.md (3)

-- Patch Links --

https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2209.patch
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2209.diff

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2209

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2018 08:57:04 +0000 (UTC)

martinthomson commented on this pull request.

Just looking at the code here, I think that there is another bug.  Just above the fold is this:

```python
     newly_acked_packets = DetermineNewlyAckedPackets(ack)
     if (newly_acked_packets.empty()):
       return
```

So if the ACK doesn't have new acknowledgments, which can happen, then this code is never run.  But we rely on ACKs to drive the state machine.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2209#pullrequestreview-186440614

---

From: ianswett <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2018 06:32:38 -0800

ianswett approved this pull request.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2209#pullrequestreview-186571464

---

From: ianswett <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2018 13:08:35 -0800

Merged #2209 into master.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2209#event-2036764458

---

From: janaiyengar <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2018 13:12:13 -0800

Nice catch -- thanks @marten-seemann !

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2209#issuecomment-448745434