Subject: [quicwg/base-drafts] Keep the packet number after Retry (#2182)

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2018 18:08:13 -0800

Closes #2179.
You can view, comment on, or merge this pull request online at:

  https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2182

-- Commit Summary --

  * Keep the packet number after Retry

-- File Changes --

    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md (6)

-- Patch Links --

https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2182.patch
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2182.diff

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2182

---

From: Marten Seemann <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2018 18:13:02 -0800

This seems unnecessarily complex. Why don’t we just require the server to generate a new connection ID for a Retry, and then just start at packet number 0 again?

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2182#issuecomment-447189133

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2018 02:15:35 +0000 (UTC)

Oh, stupid me....

> The server includes a connection ID of its choice in the Source Connection ID field. This value MUST not be equal to the Destination Connection ID field of the packet sent by the client. 

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2182#issuecomment-447189516

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2018 18:15:36 -0800

Closed #2182.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2182#event-2025822163