Subject: Re: [quicwg/base-drafts] No RTT for non-retransmittable packets (#2078)

From: janaiyengar <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 04 Dec 2018 19:05:55 -0800

janaiyengar commented on this pull request.

> @@ -284,12 +284,12 @@ frame.  For more information, see Section 13.2 of {{QUIC-TRANSPORT}}.
 ## Computing the RTT estimate
 
 RTT is calculated when an ACK frame arrives by computing the difference between
-the current time and the time the largest newly acked packet was sent.  If no
-packets are newly acknowledged, RTT cannot be calculated. When RTT is
-calculated, the ack delay field from the ACK frame SHOULD be subtracted from the
-RTT as long as the result is larger than the Min RTT.  If the result is smaller
-than the min_rtt, the RTT should be used, but the ack delay field should be
-ignored.
+the current time and the time the largest acked packet was sent.  If the largest
+acked is not newly acknowledged or not retransmittable, RTT cannot be
+calculated. When RTT is calculated, the ack delay field from the ACK frame

I would make this normative. "An RTT sample MUST NOT be taken for a packet that is not newly acknowledged or not retransmittable."

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2078#pullrequestreview-181575668

---

From: ianswett <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 05 Dec 2018 02:41:32 -0800

@ianswett pushed 1 commit.

c3c6c45cbc77d99a0551124d7e16b63e91d8bc2b  Update draft-ietf-quic-recovery.md

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
View it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2078/files/74a4a454a5bb18761b2e0ed67352f2c7dce22641..c3c6c45cbc77d99a0551124d7e16b63e91d8bc2b

---

From: ianswett <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 05 Dec 2018 02:42:23 -0800

ianswett commented on this pull request.

Thanks, updated

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2078#discussion_r239013732

---

From: janaiyengar <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 05 Dec 2018 17:11:35 -0800

janaiyengar approved this pull request.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2078#pullrequestreview-182047385

---

From: janaiyengar <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 06 Dec 2018 01:11:48 +0000 (UTC)

Merged #2078 into master.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2078#event-2008686747