Subject: [quicwg/base-drafts] Fix: detect stateless reset if connection not found (#2270)

From: Dmitri Tikhonov <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2018 11:25:58 -0800

If connection for incoming packet cannot be found, check whether this is a stateless reset packet.  Fixes #2269.
You can view, comment on, or merge this pull request online at:

  https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2270

-- Commit Summary --

  * Fix: detect stateless reset if connection not found

-- File Changes --

    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md (16)

-- Patch Links --

https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2270.patch
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2270.diff

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2270

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2018 18:44:07 -0800

martinthomson approved this pull request.

OK with the requested changes.

> @@ -2420,13 +2420,15 @@ the packet other than the last 16 bytes for carrying data.
 
 ### Detecting a Stateless Reset
 
-An endpoint detects a potential stateless reset when a packet with a short
-header either cannot be decrypted or is marked as a duplicate packet.  The
-endpoint then compares the last 16 bytes of the packet with the Stateless Reset
-Token provided by its peer, either in a NEW_CONNECTION_ID frame or the server's
-transport parameters.  If these values are identical, the endpoint MUST enter
-the draining period and not send any further packets on this connection.  If the
-comparison fails, the packet can be discarded.
+An endpoint detects a potential stateless reset when a incoming packet
+with a short header either cannot be associated with a connection;
+cannot be decrypted; or is marked as a duplicate packet.  The endpoint

s/;/,/g
```suggestion
cannot be decrypted, or is marked as a duplicate packet.  The endpoint
```

> @@ -2420,13 +2420,15 @@ the packet other than the last 16 bytes for carrying data.
 
 ### Detecting a Stateless Reset
 
-An endpoint detects a potential stateless reset when a packet with a short
-header either cannot be decrypted or is marked as a duplicate packet.  The
-endpoint then compares the last 16 bytes of the packet with the Stateless Reset
-Token provided by its peer, either in a NEW_CONNECTION_ID frame or the server's
-transport parameters.  If these values are identical, the endpoint MUST enter
-the draining period and not send any further packets on this connection.  If the
-comparison fails, the packet can be discarded.
+An endpoint detects a potential stateless reset when a incoming packet
+with a short header either cannot be associated with a connection;

```suggestion
with a short header either cannot be associated with a connection,
```

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2270#pullrequestreview-188457490

---

From: Dmitri Tikhonov <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2018 19:18:56 -0800

@dtikhonov pushed 1 commit.

483c6a2bafe0ccf14c43b4c44a7b47b2679e91c4  Update draft-ietf-quic-transport.md

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
View it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2270/files/5004c91da2d25a0884210515c299c2ff42179a91..483c6a2bafe0ccf14c43b4c44a7b47b2679e91c4

---

From: Dmitri Tikhonov <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2018 19:19:05 -0800

a0642db6799be7b6173fcb36c4f032236c9a2234  Update draft-ietf-quic-transport.md

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
View it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2270/files/483c6a2bafe0ccf14c43b4c44a7b47b2679e91c4..a0642db6799be7b6173fcb36c4f032236c9a2234

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2018 19:19:35 -0800

Merged #2270 into master.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2270#event-2048645737