Subject: [quicwg/base-drafts] Omit size on ODCIL (#2236)

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2018 15:47:09 -0800

Which is probably less bad than the current.

Closes #2211.
You can view, comment on, or merge this pull request online at:

  https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2236

-- Commit Summary --

  * Omit size on ODCIL

-- File Changes --

    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md (2)

-- Patch Links --

https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2236.patch
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2236.diff

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2236

---

From: Dmitri Tikhonov <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2018 16:13:46 -0800

What if we simply `s/ODCIL/ODCL/` to recover a byte for the closing parenthesis?

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2236#issuecomment-449184186

---

From: janaiyengar <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2018 16:26:00 -0800

janaiyengar approved this pull request.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2236#pullrequestreview-187236154

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2018 20:01:05 -0800

@dtikhonov, I considered that.  We haven't put sizes on the other fields in this byte, so this seems tolerable.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2236#issuecomment-449237134

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2018 20:01:06 -0800

Merged #2236 into master.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2236#event-2039947344