Subject: [quicwg/base-drafts] Add FACK reference (#2119)

From: janaiyengar <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2018 16:51:13 -0800

Closes #2059.
You can view, comment on, or merge this pull request online at:

  https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2119

-- Commit Summary --

  * Add FACK reference

-- File Changes --

    M draft-ietf-quic-recovery.md (12)

-- Patch Links --

https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2119.patch
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2119.diff

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2119

---

From: ianswett <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2018 17:23:44 -0800

ianswett commented on this pull request.

> @@ -325,7 +334,8 @@ smaller initial reordering thresholds to minimize recovery latency.
 ### Packet Threshold
 
 The RECOMMENDED initial value for the packet reordering threshold
-(kPacketThreshold) is 3, based on TCP loss detection {{?RFC5681}} {{?RFC6675}}.
+(kPacketThreshold) is 3, based on best practices for TCP loss detection
+{{?RFC5681}} {{?RFC6675}} {{FACK}}.

We mention FACK in "## Ack-based Detection", so I thought it might make more sense there?

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2119#pullrequestreview-183979324

---

From: janaiyengar <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2018 15:07:43 -0800

@janaiyengar pushed 1 commit.

d04dbf66c9bd261fb4a942ff441c4295b77e7463  move FACK reference

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
View it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2119/files/07f4e5d98de646a3edff7d09572282e7b576a888..d04dbf66c9bd261fb4a942ff441c4295b77e7463

---

From: janaiyengar <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2018 15:07:50 -0800

janaiyengar commented on this pull request.

 ### Packet Threshold

yup, moved

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2119#discussion_r241218866

---

From: ianswett <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2018 18:33:35 -0800

ianswett approved this pull request.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2119#pullrequestreview-184481188

---

From: ianswett <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2018 18:33:45 -0800

Merged #2119 into master.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2119#event-2023130527