Subject: [quicwg/base-drafts] Stronger recommendations on RETIRE_CONNECTION_ID (#2116)

From: janaiyengar <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2018 15:23:14 -0800

Closes #2085.
You can view, comment on, or merge this pull request online at:

  https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2116

-- Commit Summary --

  * stronger recommendations

-- File Changes --

    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md (14)

-- Patch Links --

https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2116.patch
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2116.diff

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2116

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2018 15:26:17 -0800

martinthomson requested changes on this pull request.

> @@ -963,7 +963,7 @@ response to a migrating peer, see {{migration-linkability}} for more.
 An endpoint maintains a set of connection IDs received from its peer, any of
 which it can use when sending packets.  When the endpoint wishes to remove a
 connection ID from use, it sends a RETIRE_CONNECTION_ID frame to its peer,
-indicating that the peer might bring a new connection ID into circulation using
+indicating that the peer SHOULD bring a new connection ID into circulation using

This text is wrong.  Adding "SHOULD" highlighted that because the subject is indirect.  RETIRE_CONNECTION_ID indicates that the connection ID won't be used again, and requests the sending of a NEW_CONNECTION_ID frame.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2116#pullrequestreview-183952795

---

From: janaiyengar <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2018 16:14:54 -0800

@janaiyengar pushed 1 commit.

2cec8c7db480a046c80feb2adb6b2a305d992fd4  fix

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
View it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2116/files/2f37f13c2cc6fe12cf1f64fdb6ac6192bc9bfbe7..2cec8c7db480a046c80feb2adb6b2a305d992fd4

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2018 16:16:01 -0800

Merged #2116 into master.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2116#event-2020216452