Subject: [quicwg/base-drafts] Changelogs for -17 (#2139)

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2018 22:09:51 -0800

Not sure that I captured everything here.

I also discovered a few things in -recovery that I wasn't paying close attention to that looked bad.  Issues raised for those.
You can view, comment on, or merge this pull request online at:

  https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2139

-- Commit Summary --

  * Changelog for -transport-17
  * Changelog for -tls-17
  * Changelog for -recovery-17
  * Changelog for -qpack-05
  * Changelog for -http-17

-- File Changes --

    M draft-ietf-quic-http.md (8)
    M draft-ietf-quic-qpack.md (5)
    M draft-ietf-quic-recovery.md (14)
    M draft-ietf-quic-tls.md (12)
    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md (24)

-- Patch Links --

https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2139.patch
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2139.diff

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2139

---

From: janaiyengar <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2018 22:20:04 -0800

janaiyengar approved this pull request.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2139#pullrequestreview-184514656

---

From: janaiyengar <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2018 22:20:16 -0800

Looks good to me.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2139#issuecomment-446855593

---

From: Mike Bishop <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2018 19:06:49 +0000 (UTC)

@MikeBishop pushed 1 commit.

bc7af822b1e0ed5e5ddd5835b7ddae7954b95dbb  HTTP fixups

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
View it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2139/files/ca116769423bb79b25c224856af1bd4ba4be8398..bc7af822b1e0ed5e5ddd5835b7ddae7954b95dbb

---

From: Dmitri Tikhonov <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2018 11:14:35 -0800

dtikhonov commented on this pull request.

>  - Define DUPLICATE_PUSH frame to refer to another PUSH_PROMISE (#2072)
 - Set defaults for settings, allow request before receiving SETTINGS (#1809,
   #1846, #2038)
 - Clarify message processing rules for streams that aren't closed (#1972, #2003)
-- Removed reservation of error code 0 (#1922)
+- Removed reservation of error code 0 and moved HTTP_NO_ERROR to this value
+  (#1922)
+- Removed prohibition of zero-length DATA frames (#2098)

The change in PR #2098 was reverted.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2139#pullrequestreview-184823916

---

From: janaiyengar <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2018 11:19:31 -0800

janaiyengar commented on this pull request.

Good catch!

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2139#discussion_r241528859

---

From: janaiyengar <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2018 11:20:17 -0800

@janaiyengar pushed 1 commit.

63fd83cb4f41654cdcf28920368b8ac64cc0ff83  #2098 was reverted

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
View it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2139/files/bc7af822b1e0ed5e5ddd5835b7ddae7954b95dbb..63fd83cb4f41654cdcf28920368b8ac64cc0ff83

---

From: Mike Bishop <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2018 11:50:08 -0800

MikeBishop commented on this pull request.

I reverted the change in definition of zero, but I kept the un-prohibition of sending zero-length frames.  There seemed to be clear agreement that this was a preference, and there's no technical reason to prohibit it.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2139#discussion_r241539077

---

From: Dmitri Tikhonov <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2018 11:56:35 -0800

Oh.  Sorry for the noise.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2139#discussion_r241541054

---

From: Mike Bishop <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2018 12:24:35 -0800

db4861c4d9b268f0c150badc50b60229167fa97a  Revert "#2098 was reverted", because this part wasn't.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
View it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2139/files/63fd83cb4f41654cdcf28920368b8ac64cc0ff83..db4861c4d9b268f0c150badc50b60229167fa97a

---

From: Mike Bishop <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2018 12:26:25 -0800

No problem -- CONSTANT VIGILANCE!!!  😉

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2139#discussion_r241549990

---

From: janaiyengar <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2018 12:34:29 -0800

Ah, right. Thanks for reverting my change @MikeBishop :-)

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2139#discussion_r241552217

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2018 16:07:18 -0800

martinthomson commented on this pull request.

See, I knew that I'd checked that :)

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2139#discussion_r241606685

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2018 16:07:25 -0800

Merged #2139 into master.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2139#event-2025664187