Subject: [quicwg/base-drafts] Clarification and minor addition to ICMP PTB text (#2108)

From: Igor Lubashev <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 09 Dec 2018 19:58:58 -0800

You can view, comment on, or merge this pull request online at:

  https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2108

-- Commit Summary --

  * Clarification and minor addition to ICMP PTB text

-- File Changes --

    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md (13)

-- Patch Links --

https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2108.patch
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2108.diff

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2108

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2018 17:08:10 -0800

martinthomson approved this pull request.

LGTM

> @@ -3116,8 +3116,8 @@ PMTU discovery {{!RFC1191}} {{!RFC8201}} relies on reception of ICMP messages
 (e.g., IPv6 Packet Too Big messages) that indicate when a packet is dropped
 because it is larger than the local router MTU. DPLPMTUD can also optionally use
 these messages.  This use of ICMP messages is potentially vulnerable to off-path
-attacks that successfully guess the IP address 3-tuple and reduce the PMTU to a
-bandwidth-inefficient value.
+attacks that successfully guess the connection's 4-tuple and reduce the PMTU to

```suggestion
attacks that successfully guess the addresses used on the path and reduce the PMTU to
```

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2108#pullrequestreview-183472614

---

From: Igor Lubashev <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2018 18:00:08 -0800

igorlord commented on this pull request.

Do you think that "addresses" implies UDP port numbers as well as IP addresses?

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2108#discussion_r240450026

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2018 02:04:43 +0000 (UTC)

martinthomson commented on this pull request.

We've used it elsewhere in that way, so yes.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2108#discussion_r240450675

---

From: Igor Lubashev <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2018 19:14:41 -0800

@igorlord pushed 1 commit.

10dffa5842a2939654d8379c0487d06d5f800f6d  Use "addresses" instead of "4-tuple"

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
View it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2108/files/f433c69b3c1334f73fb32424c45d0c9b99eb3f30..10dffa5842a2939654d8379c0487d06d5f800f6d

---

From: Igor Lubashev <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2018 19:16:28 -0800

30dba735dbf0ecbf9b53a05e6fed78cbc43962ce  reflow text

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
View it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2108/files/10dffa5842a2939654d8379c0487d06d5f800f6d..30dba735dbf0ecbf9b53a05e6fed78cbc43962ce

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2018 21:10:51 -0800

@igorlord, can you open an issue for this?  It's a design-level change in that it causes implementations to change behaviour, so we'll want to track that.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2108#issuecomment-446074697

---

From: janaiyengar <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2018 15:37:33 -0800

janaiyengar approved this pull request.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2108#pullrequestreview-186332441

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2018 15:38:22 -0800

Merged #2108 into master.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2108#event-2034388249