Subject: [quicwg/base-drafts] Idempotent frames? (#2154)

From: ekr <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2018 20:55:40 +0000 (UTC)

```
All QUIC frames are idempotent.  That is, a valid frame does not cause
undesirable side effects or errors when received more than once.
```

Is this just a statement about this spec or a normative requirement
on future specs?

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2154

---

From: MikkelFJ <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2018 12:56:49 -0800

It is not an invariant.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2154#issuecomment-447117898

---

From: ekr <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2018 13:05:29 -0800

There's more to requirements on future specs than invariants.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2154#issuecomment-447120308

---

From: Mike Bishop <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2018 22:24:36 +0000 (UTC)

It's a statement about the current version, but it would presumptively apply to extensions to the current version that don't redefine the base spec.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2154#issuecomment-447142528