Subject: [quicwg/base-drafts] Other mechanisms besides SNI? (#2222)

From: ekr <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2018 15:02:44 -0800

S 2.3.

```
HTTP/3 relies on QUIC as the underlying transport.  The QUIC version being used
MUST use TLS version 1.3 or greater as its handshake protocol.  HTTP/3 clients
MUST indicate the target domain name during the TLS handshake. This may be done
using the Server Name Indication (SNI) {{!RFC6066}} extension to TLS or using
some other mechanism.
```
        
What is "some other mechanism"? This seems like an opportunity for an
interop failure. Are you just trying to make room for ESNI?

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2222

---

From: Kazuho Oku <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2018 17:00:48 -0800

IIUC yes. see #1459

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2222#issuecomment-449195199