Subject: [quicwg/base-drafts] Use sending and receiving parts for stream states (#2242)

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2018 21:30:17 -0800

I had partially settled on "send stream" and "received stream", but on
reflection these are inaccurate labels and using "parts" is better, even
if it is a little more clumsy at times.

Closes #2081.
You can view, comment on, or merge this pull request online at:

  https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2242

-- Commit Summary --

  * Use sending and receiving parts for stream states

-- File Changes --

    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md (145)

-- Patch Links --

https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2242.patch
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2242.diff

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2242

---

From: ianswett <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2018 13:16:48 -0800

ianswett approved this pull request.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2242#pullrequestreview-187541047

---

From: Ryan Hamilton <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2018 13:34:00 -0800

It you find "parts" to be clumsy would "side" be any cleaner?

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2242#issuecomment-449503891

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 23 Dec 2018 20:08:15 -0800

:) "sending side" or "sending part" is just clumsy.  Nothing to be done without minting a new term, which I will not do because it's just not that many instances to worry about.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2242#issuecomment-449683641

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 23 Dec 2018 20:08:22 -0800

Merged #2242 into master.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2242#event-2042722630