Subject: [quicwg/base-drafts] Remove requirement for reciprocal connection ID change (#2386)

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2019 19:29:41 -0800

As discussed in Tokyo.

Closes #1795, #2145.
You can view, comment on, or merge this pull request online at:

  https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2386

-- Commit Summary --

  * Remove requirement for reciprocal connection ID change

-- File Changes --

    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md (17)

-- Patch Links --

https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2386.patch
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2386.diff

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2386

---

From: ianswett <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2019 19:39:19 -0800

ianswett approved this pull request.

> @@ -2110,19 +2110,10 @@ infrequently.
 
 Endpoints that use connection IDs with length greater than zero could have their
 activity correlated if their peers keep using the same destination connection ID
-after migration. Endpoints that receive packets with a previously unused
-Destination Connection ID SHOULD change to sending packets with a connection ID
-that has not been used on any other network path.  The goal here is to ensure
-that packets sent on different paths cannot be correlated. To fulfill this
-privacy requirement, endpoints that initiate migration and use connection IDs
-with length greater than zero SHOULD provide their peers with new connection IDs
-before migration.
-
-Caution:
-
-: If both endpoints change connection ID in response to seeing a change in
-  connection ID from their peer, then this can trigger an infinite sequence of
-  changes.
+after migration.  The goal here is to ensure that packets sent on different

```suggestion
after migration.  The goal is to ensure that packets sent on different
```

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2386#pullrequestreview-197892514

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2019 19:42:22 -0800

@martinthomson pushed 1 commit.

23014c8b8a59be658a5156ae46fcbacc7e681311  remove redundant word

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
View it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2386/files/63e18037753f70bb641b5a77a6c37bceba05baa5..23014c8b8a59be658a5156ae46fcbacc7e681311

---

From: ianswett <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2019 22:52:59 -0800

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2386#pullrequestreview-198444911