Subject: [quicwg/base-drafts] Elaborate on the ALPN requirement (#2314)

From: Victor Vasiliev <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 Jan 2019 16:19:29 -0800

- Explain why it's there.
- Write down the specific requirements for TLS ALPN.
You can view, comment on, or merge this pull request online at:

  https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2314

-- Commit Summary --

  * Elaborate on the ALPN requirement

-- File Changes --

    M draft-ietf-quic-tls.md (4)
    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md (5)

-- Patch Links --

https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2314.patch
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2314.diff

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2314

---

From: Marten Seemann <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 Jan 2019 16:58:33 -0800

marten-seemann commented on this pull request.

> @@ -1215,7 +1215,9 @@ QUIC requires that the cryptographic handshake provide authenticated protocol
 negotiation.  TLS uses Application Layer Protocol Negotiation (ALPN)
 {{!RFC7301}} to select an application protocol.  Unless another mechanism is
 used for agreeing on an application protocol, endpoints MUST use ALPN for this
-purpose.
+purpose.  Specifically, the client MUST send the ALPN extension, the server MUST

..., MUST send at least one supported application protocol, ...

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2314#pullrequestreview-190057060

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 08 Jan 2019 16:16:01 -0800

Thanks Victor.  I've made a few tweaks when I merged this manually.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2314#issuecomment-452510863

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 08 Jan 2019 16:16:03 -0800

Closed #2314.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2314#event-2061721939