Subject: [quicwg/base-drafts] Correcting polarity of SPA language (#2349)

From: Mike Bishop <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2019 10:33:56 -0800

Editorial because it now says what we originally thought it said, but design because it is changing normative language.  Fixes #2146. Does not interact with #2296.
You can view, comment on, or merge this pull request online at:

  https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2349

-- Commit Summary --

  * Switching polarity

-- File Changes --

    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md (9)

-- Patch Links --

https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2349.patch
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2349.diff

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2349

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2019 11:23:20 -0800

martinthomson approved this pull request.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2349#pullrequestreview-194246858

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2019 15:40:51 -0800

martinthomson commented on this pull request.

> @@ -2149,12 +2149,11 @@ MUST continue sending all future packets to the server's original IP address.
 A server might receive a packet addressed to its preferred IP address at any
 time after it accepts a connection.  If this packet contains a PATH_CHALLENGE
 frame, the server sends a PATH_RESPONSE frame as per {{migrate-validate}}.  The
-server MAY send other non-probing frames from its preferred address, but MUST
-continue sending all probing packets from its original IP address.
+server SHOULD send other non-probing frames from its original address until it

```suggestion
server MUST send other non-probing frames from its original address until it
```

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2349#pullrequestreview-195286192

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2019 15:47:46 -0800

+receives a non-probing packet from the client at its preferred address.

```suggestion
receives a non-probing packet from the client at its preferred address and the server
has validated the new path.
```

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2349#pullrequestreview-195287960

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2019 16:27:22 -0800

@martinthomson pushed 1 commit.

46a87bfe169309a502221ffa63f1d5ceb45335e0  Fixups

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
View it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2349/files/4e449add7f4de237c3708a2c73d3d63a8fce4c99..46a87bfe169309a502221ffa63f1d5ceb45335e0

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2019 16:32:04 -0800

4e5f28c3232f8570a043f06b745ee14d27994a1b  Be extra specific

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
View it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2349/files/46a87bfe169309a502221ffa63f1d5ceb45335e0..4e5f28c3232f8570a043f06b745ee14d27994a1b

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2019 16:34:04 -0800

Merged #2349 into master.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2349#event-2090345502