Subject: [quicwg/base-drafts] STOP_SENDING is permitted for Ready streams (#2354)

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2019 19:24:01 -0800

...in the case where those streams are implicitly created.  There's
probably another state here if we were being entirely honest with
ourselves to distinguish between a stream that has been created and one
that has had frames sent for it, but this is already more complex than
it needs to be.

Closes #2345.
You can view, comment on, or merge this pull request online at:

  https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2354

-- Commit Summary --

  * STOP_SENDING is permitted for Ready streams

-- File Changes --

    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md (7)

-- Patch Links --

https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2354.patch
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2354.diff

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2354

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2019 20:13:32 -0800

@martinthomson pushed 1 commit.

387bdf44ac7dcf676b4a6e4ed497195f1d71710d  Make the same changes for MAX_STREAM_DATA

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
View it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2354/files/c34142289df3bc7dd9fdbb209fc977c92e7987d4..387bdf44ac7dcf676b4a6e4ed497195f1d71710d

---

From: Dmitri Tikhonov <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2019 05:49:12 -0800

dtikhonov commented on this pull request.

> @@ -4479,16 +4479,15 @@ Final Size:
 ## STOP_SENDING Frame {#frame-stop-sending}
 
 An endpoint uses a STOP_SENDING frame (type=0x05) to communicate that incoming
-data is being discarded on receipt at application request.  This signals a peer
-to abruptly terminate transmission on a stream.
+data is being discarded on receipt at application request.  STOP_SENDING
+requests that a peer to cease transmission on a stream.

"requests that" usually calls for the subjunctive mood:

> ...requests that a peer cease transmission...

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2354#pullrequestreview-194607518

---

From: ianswett <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2019 11:40:45 -0800

ianswett approved this pull request.

LG minus Dimitri's suggestion

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2354#pullrequestreview-194740597

---

From: Dmitri Tikhonov <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2019 11:42:45 -0800

@ianswett, does this sound normal to you?

> STOP_SENDING requests that a peer to cease transmission on a stream.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2354#issuecomment-456180958

---

From: ianswett <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2019 11:44:32 -0800

To clarify, I +1'd your suggestion.

More clearly: "Looks good, but I would like you to accept Dimitri's suggestion before submitting this PR."

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2354#issuecomment-456181312

---

From: Dmitri Tikhonov <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2019 11:47:01 -0800

Ah, alright.  I thought it was the other way around.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2354#issuecomment-456181894

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2019 13:21:43 -0800

1002e762306bbbce1901fcbc468c7d2d971d1072  My grammar isn't that good

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
View it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2354/files/387bdf44ac7dcf676b4a6e4ed497195f1d71710d..1002e762306bbbce1901fcbc468c7d2d971d1072

---

From: martinduke <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2019 10:46:24 -0800

This LGTM. I was just about to file a similar issue when I saw this.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2354#issuecomment-456515975

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2019 11:48:41 -0800

Merged #2354 into master.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2354#event-2089793905