Subject: [quicwg/base-drafts] Move some long header fields to more appropriate definitions (#2295)

From: David Schinazi <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 04 Jan 2019 14:15:22 -0800

The current definition of the long header defines fields that are not used by half of the long packet types (Initial packets have a token length and token, and retry packets do not have a length). This change moves those fields to the appropriate long packet types for correctness.
You can view, comment on, or merge this pull request online at:

  https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2295

-- Commit Summary --

  * Move some long header fields to more appropriate definitions

-- File Changes --

    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md (218)

-- Patch Links --

https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2295.patch
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2295.diff

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2295

---

From: ianswett <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 04 Jan 2019 18:23:32 -0800

I think this is somewhat parallel to #2203 ?

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2295#issuecomment-451620234

---

From: David Schinazi <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 Jan 2019 23:29:55 +0000 (UTC)

@ianswett good point I wasn't aware of #2203, thanks. I added some comments over there.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2295#issuecomment-452119750

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 08 Jan 2019 15:54:50 -0800

My plan here is to close this with #2203.  If there are other changes you want to add, please open another PR once #2203 lands.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2295#issuecomment-452506450

---

From: David Schinazi <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 08 Jan 2019 15:55:42 -0800

Works for me.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2295#issuecomment-452506659

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 09 Jan 2019 00:08:28 +0000 (UTC)

Closed #2295.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2295#event-2061700034