Subject: [quicwg/base-drafts] Bikeshed Required Insert Count encoding. (#2366)

From: Bence Béky <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2019 16:27:08 +0000 (UTC)

1. This makes the encoding and decoding pseudo-code more symmetric.
2. "Alternatively" might not be the best word here, because it might imply that the implementation has a choice.
3. In a section about encoding Required Insert Count, it is more pure to talk about Required Insert Count being zero than to talk about whether references are made to the dynamic table.
You can view, comment on, or merge this pull request online at:

  https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2366

-- Commit Summary --

  * Bikeshed Required Insert Count encoding.

-- File Changes --

    M draft-ietf-quic-qpack.md (9)

-- Patch Links --

https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2366.patch
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2366.diff

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2366

---

From: afrind <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2019 04:36:45 +0000 (UTC)

afrind commented on this pull request.

 ~~~
-   EncodedInsertCount = (ReqInsertCount mod (2 * MaxEntries)) + 1
+   if ReqInsertCount == 0:
+      EncodedInsertCount = 0

nit: is the spacing identical in the if and else branches?

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2366#pullrequestreview-196874320

---

From: afrind <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2019 21:11:23 -0800

Also, CI failed because the line is too long

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2366#issuecomment-458000859

---

From: afrind <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2019 22:15:53 -0800

@afrind pushed 1 commit.

f29289559d261c036d6a83d56624743471f1ca04  Spacing, fix build

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
View it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2366/files/7370c3b535c0d77772f34394c70bc64dfff43865..f29289559d261c036d6a83d56624743471f1ca04

---

From: afrind <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2019 22:35:18 -0800

Merged #2366 into master.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2366#event-2099899893