Subject: [quicwg/base-drafts] No common versions means fail (#2350)

From: Mike Bishop <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2019 10:39:36 -0800

Closes #1917.

Cherry-picking a fix to this issue that got lost in one of the defunct VN-rework PRs.
You can view, comment on, or merge this pull request online at:

  https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2350

-- Commit Summary --

  * No common versions means fail

-- File Changes --

    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md (3)

-- Patch Links --

https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2350.patch
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2350.diff

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2350

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2019 19:21:12 +0000 (UTC)

Merged #2350 into master.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2350#event-2083734321

---

From: MikkelFJ <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2019 11:37:34 -0800

I suggest adding

"A client MAY choose to wait a while to see if a supported Version Negotiation packet arrives before failing the connection. This protects against injection attacks."

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2350#issuecomment-455663404