Subject: [quicwg/base-drafts] PTO calculation (#2472)

From: Dragana Damjanovic <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2019 09:24:48 -0800

Should the following line be rto calculation from RFC 6298?

`PTO = max(smoothed_rtt + 4*rttvar + max_ack_delay, kGranularity)`

in that case it should be:

`PTO = smoothed_rtt + max(4*rttvar, kGranularity) + max_ack_delay`

do I miss something?

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2472

---

From: ianswett <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2019 18:59:09 +0000 (UTC)

I think this was a small error in the PR that moved from TLP + RTO -> PTO, but @janaiyengar may have had a reason to make this change I'm not aware of.

If not, I'd suggest we change the draft to align with RFC 6298.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2472#issuecomment-464161034

---

From: Jana Iyengar <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2019 19:58:20 -0800

Thanks for catching this @ddragana -- yes, this was unintentional. I've sent #2480.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2472#issuecomment-464972238

---

From: ianswett <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2019 08:48:35 -0800

Closed #2472 via #2480.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2472#event-2149473483