Subject: [quicwg/base-drafts] Work on key diversity (#2448)

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2019 16:17:02 -0800

This includes the suggestion from @martinduke to remove the 0-RTT text.   Plus some text explaining the choice of label.

Closes #2175.
You can view, comment on, or merge this pull request online at:

  https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2448

-- Commit Summary --

  * Work on key diversity

-- File Changes --

    M draft-ietf-quic-tls.md (17)

-- Patch Links --

https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2448.patch
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2448.diff

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2448

---

From: martinduke <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2019 20:42:32 -0800

martinduke approved this pull request.

> @@ -1368,21 +1368,20 @@ In using TLS, the central key schedule of TLS is used.  As a result of the TLS
 handshake messages being integrated into the calculation of secrets, the
 inclusion of the QUIC transport parameters extension ensures that handshake and
 1-RTT keys are not the same as those that might be produced by a server running

I believe the client_early_traffic_secret hashes the ClientHello, and therefore should be included.

"handshake, 0-RTT, and 1-RTT keys"

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2448#pullrequestreview-201950404

---

From: martinduke <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2019 20:44:36 -0800

martinduke commented on this pull request.

too late, I read your comment in #2175 and withdraw this comment. Ship it!

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2448#discussion_r255380618

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2019 15:37:45 -0800

Merged #2448 into master.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2448#event-2135267154