Subject: Re: [quicwg/base-drafts] Stronger migration handshake (#2370)

From: Mike Bishop <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Feb 2019 11:26:57 -0800

MikeBishop commented on this pull request.

>  endpoints retaining a stable address for the duration of the handshake.
+An endpoint MUST NOT initiate connection migration before the handshake is
+finished for it and its peer and the endpoint has 1-RTT keys. This means
+that the server MUST NOT initiate connection migration before it has
+received at least one 1-RTT data from the client, and the client 
+MUST NOT initiate connection migration before receiving 
+acknowledgement by the server of at least one of its
+1-RTT messages.

@ianswett, a 1-RTT ACK frame might acknowledge only 0-RTT packets.  You need confirmation that the server has received and parsed at least one 1-RTT packet, no?

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2370#discussion_r254416108

---

From: ianswett <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Feb 2019 11:32:38 -0800

ianswett commented on this pull request.

Yes, it would have to be that a 1RTT packet was acknowledged, as you point out.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2370#discussion_r254418287