Subject: [quicwg/base-drafts] Packetization Nits (#2476)

From: martinduke <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2019 17:55:05 +0000 (UTC)

The deleted parenthetical is not accurate, and is unnecessary: 0-RTT and 1-RTT with various key phases share a PN space without sharing keys.

I prefer the MUST NOT in coalescing, but if there are objections I can revert it.
You can view, comment on, or merge this pull request online at:

  https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2476

-- Commit Summary --

  * Packetization Nits

-- File Changes --

    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md (24)

-- Patch Links --

https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2476.patch
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2476.diff

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2476

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2019 10:40:29 -0800

martinthomson approved this pull request.

All good apart from the MUST NOT. 

> @@ -2594,7 +2594,7 @@ MUST attempt to process the remaining packets.
 
 Retry packets ({{packet-retry}}), Version Negotiation packets
 ({{packet-version}}), and packets with a short header ({{short-header}}) do not
-contain a Length field and so cannot be followed by other packets in the same
+contain a Length field and so MUST NOT be followed by other packets in the same

I prefer cannot. It isn't an interoperability requirement that these not be followed by anything else, it is an outright impossibility.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2476#pullrequestreview-204381526

---

From: Mike Bishop <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2019 19:00:49 +0000 (UTC)

MikeBishop approved this pull request.

I'm with Martin -- everything else looks fine.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2476#pullrequestreview-204390536

---

From: martinduke <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2019 14:33:16 -0800

@martinduke pushed 1 commit.

406827459ab28fe105236b4280b86d3547c8ef15  Reverting MUST NOT

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
View it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2476/files/df865be876424549e7c9731b622255d38c39a077..406827459ab28fe105236b4280b86d3547c8ef15

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2019 11:35:49 -0800

Merged #2476 into master.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2476#event-2144856889

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2019 11:35:51 -0800

Thanks Martin.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2476#issuecomment-464499029