Subject: Re: [quicwg/base-drafts] Moving text on spinbit into transport (#2364)

From: Marcus Ihlar <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2019 08:36:16 +0000 (UTC)

@ihlar pushed 1 commit.

566f243679608c9527bac01217684563b8d79fc2  Update draft-ietf-quic-transport.md

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
View it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2364/files/e797a0a5f7f45f331c92c86340c56e7f6aca764c..566f243679608c9527bac01217684563b8d79fc2

---

From: Marcus Ihlar <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2019 01:36:46 -0700

@ihlar pushed 1 commit.

2e646143d9d9e5abcb7a577b1771073ad6a76e2b  Update draft-ietf-quic-transport.md

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
View it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2364/files/566f243679608c9527bac01217684563b8d79fc2..2e646143d9d9e5abcb7a577b1771073ad6a76e2b

---

From: Marcus Ihlar <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2019 08:37:20 +0000 (UTC)

@ihlar pushed 1 commit.

9d406584812ed1534405490998d8f31814303deb  Update draft-ietf-quic-transport.md

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
View it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2364/files/2e646143d9d9e5abcb7a577b1771073ad6a76e2b..9d406584812ed1534405490998d8f31814303deb

---

From: Marcus Ihlar <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2019 01:37:59 -0700

@ihlar pushed 1 commit.

a1e6f8f4cfe10a5a7fc5f17a4fb189ae526973fe  Update draft-ietf-quic-transport.md

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
View it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2364/files/9d406584812ed1534405490998d8f31814303deb..a1e6f8f4cfe10a5a7fc5f17a4fb189ae526973fe

---

From: Lars Eggert <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2019 02:33:31 -0700

larseggert requested changes on this pull request.

> @@ -2818,6 +2825,44 @@ encoded as a single byte with the value 0x01.  An endpoint MAY treat the receipt
 of a frame type that uses a longer encoding than necessary as a connection error
 of type PROTOCOL_VIOLATION.
 
+## Latency Spin Bit {#spin-bit}
+
+The latency spin bit enables passive latency monitoring from observation points
+on the network path throughout the duration of a connection. The spin bit is
+only present in the short packet header, since it is possible to measure the
+initial RTT of a connection by observing the handshake. Therefore, the spin bit
+will appear after version negotiation and connection establishment are

will appear -> is available

> @@ -2818,6 +2825,44 @@ encoded as a single byte with the value 0x01.  An endpoint MAY treat the receipt
 of a frame type that uses a longer encoding than necessary as a connection error
 of type PROTOCOL_VIOLATION.
 
+## Latency Spin Bit {#spin-bit}
+
+The latency spin bit enables passive latency monitoring from observation points
+on the network path throughout the duration of a connection. The spin bit is
+only present in the short packet header, since it is possible to measure the
+initial RTT of a connection by observing the handshake. Therefore, the spin bit
+will appear after version negotiation and connection establishment are
+completed. On-path measurement and use of the Latency Spin Bit is further

Pick a consistent capitalization (Latency Spin Bit or latency spin bit) and use it consistently

> @@ -2818,6 +2825,44 @@ encoded as a single byte with the value 0x01.  An endpoint MAY treat the receipt
 of a frame type that uses a longer encoding than necessary as a connection error
 of type PROTOCOL_VIOLATION.
 
+## Latency Spin Bit {#spin-bit}
+
+The latency spin bit enables passive latency monitoring from observation points
+on the network path throughout the duration of a connection. The spin bit is
+only present in the short packet header, since it is possible to measure the
+initial RTT of a connection by observing the handshake. Therefore, the spin bit
+will appear after version negotiation and connection establishment are
+completed. On-path measurement and use of the Latency Spin Bit is further
+discussed in {{QUIC-MANAGEABILITY}}.
+
+The spin bit utilizes a single bit in the first byte of the short header. The
+location of the bit and procedures for how to set it by clients and servers are
+defined in {{short-header}}.
+
+Implementations MAY select to not implement the full spin bit functionality. In

Agree, too. Would use the 2119 OPTIONAL capitalization

> @@ -2818,6 +2825,44 @@ encoded as a single byte with the value 0x01.  An endpoint MAY treat the receipt
 of a frame type that uses a longer encoding than necessary as a connection error
 of type PROTOCOL_VIOLATION.
 
+## Latency Spin Bit {#spin-bit}
+
+The latency spin bit enables passive latency monitoring from observation points
+on the network path throughout the duration of a connection. The spin bit is
+only present in the short packet header, since it is possible to measure the
+initial RTT of a connection by observing the handshake. Therefore, the spin bit
+will appear after version negotiation and connection establishment are
+completed. On-path measurement and use of the Latency Spin Bit is further
+discussed in {{QUIC-MANAGEABILITY}}.
+
+The spin bit utilizes a single bit in the first byte of the short header. The
+location of the bit and procedures for how to set it by clients and servers are
+defined in {{short-header}}.
+
+Implementations MAY select to not implement the full spin bit functionality. In

So: "The spin bit is an OPTIONAL feature of QUIC. A QUIC stack that chooses to support the spin bit MUST implement it as specified in this document."

> +on the network path throughout the duration of a connection. The spin bit is
+only present in the short packet header, since it is possible to measure the
+initial RTT of a connection by observing the handshake. Therefore, the spin bit
+will appear after version negotiation and connection establishment are
+completed. On-path measurement and use of the Latency Spin Bit is further
+discussed in {{QUIC-MANAGEABILITY}}.
+
+The spin bit uses a single bit in the first byte of the short header. The
+location of the bit and procedures for how to set it by clients and servers are
+defined in {{short-header}}.
+
+Implementations MAY select to not implement the full spin bit functionality. In
+that case they are only REQUIRED to implement what is defined for the spin bit
+when it is disabled.
+
+Each endpoint unilaterally decides if the spin bit is enabled or disabled for a

There's several layers here that all influence on whether spin is used for a connection. This doesn't fully come out in the current text.

First, since the entire spin functionality is OPTIONAL, either a client or a server or both can simply choose to not even implement it. When such an endpoint is communicating, spin will never be used.

Second, even if both stacks implement the OPTIONAL spin functionality, the system/stack administrator and/or the application implementor MAY still globally disable the spin functionality for the stack and/or an app.

Third, even if spin functionality is globally enabled, an app implementor MAY still disable it for some of the connections. (Or enable it for some.)

Fourth, if at this point spin is enabled for a given connection, we had consensus that the QUIC stack MUST internally and probabilistically disable spin with some likelihood (I remember 1/8th?) to guarantee some "cover traffic".

> +
+The spin bit uses a single bit in the first byte of the short header. The
+location of the bit and procedures for how to set it by clients and servers are
+defined in {{short-header}}.
+
+Implementations MAY select to not implement the full spin bit functionality. In
+that case they are only REQUIRED to implement what is defined for the spin bit
+when it is disabled.
+
+Each endpoint unilaterally decides if the spin bit is enabled or disabled for a
+connection. Implementations SHOULD allow administrators of clients and servers
+to disable the spin bit either globally or on a per-connection basis. Even when
+the spin bit is not disabled by the administrator implementations SHOULD disable
+the spin bit on a randomly chosen fraction of connections. However, connections
+could be configured to explicitly enable spinning, for example in the case of
+explicit customer support and debugging.

I'm not sure we had consensus for that, because if an app (erroneously) enables spin for all connections using this API, there would be no cover traffic, and we required there to always be some non-spin traffic. 

> @@ -3948,8 +3993,33 @@ Fixed Bit:
 
 Spin Bit (S):
 
-: The sixth bit (0x20) of byte 0 is the Latency Spin Bit, set as described in
-  {{!SPIN=I-D.ietf-quic-spin-exp}}.
+: The third most significant bit (0x20) of byte 0 is the Latency Spin Bit.
+
+: When the spin bit is disabled, endpoints MAY set the spin bit to any value,

Agreed

> -: The sixth bit (0x20) of byte 0 is the Latency Spin Bit, set as described in
-  {{!SPIN=I-D.ietf-quic-spin-exp}}.
+: The third most significant bit (0x20) of byte 0 is the Latency Spin Bit.
+
+: When the spin bit is disabled, endpoints MAY set the spin bit to any value,
+and MUST accept any incoming value. It is RECOMMENDED that they
+set the spin bit to a random value either chosen independently for each packet,
+or chosen independently for each path and kept constant for that path.
+
+: If the spin bit is enabled for the connection, the endpoint maintains a spin
+value and sets the spin bit in the short header to the currently stored
+value when a packet with a short header is sent out. The spin value is
+initialized to 0 in the endpoint at connection start.  Each endpoint also
+remembers the highest packet number seen from its peer on the connection.
+
+: When a server receives a packet from a client, if that packet has a short

Simply say "when a server receives a short-header packet"?

> +and MUST accept any incoming value. It is RECOMMENDED that they
+set the spin bit to a random value either chosen independently for each packet,
+or chosen independently for each path and kept constant for that path.
+
+: If the spin bit is enabled for the connection, the endpoint maintains a spin
+value and sets the spin bit in the short header to the currently stored
+value when a packet with a short header is sent out. The spin value is
+initialized to 0 in the endpoint at connection start.  Each endpoint also
+remembers the highest packet number seen from its peer on the connection.
+
+: When a server receives a packet from a client, if that packet has a short
+header and if it increments the highest packet number seen by the server from
+the client, the server sets the spin value to the value observed in the spin bit
+in the received packet.
+
+: When a client receives a packet from a server, if the packet has a short

Ditto

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2364#pullrequestreview-219902387

---

From: Marcus Ihlar <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2019 09:44:17 +0000 (UTC)

@ihlar pushed 228 commits.

e15da31e052ab9d8a48fb49feb20c0df61a97d61  Proposal to make Version Negotiation more like Retry to punt VN to QUICv2
0551486736d4883882372488f30bf3e295542990  remove more text
738fec2ec2fad1d8f26a5307ab426bb4910643eb  Merge branch 'master' of github.com:quicwg/base-drafts into dschinazi_vn_with_cid
3a0b08c258651e6f9924108baa9b494dfe3774c1  Revert changes to the invariants
449d636415a868bd503ac6334257dcb1f9bb93af  Allow stream-related frames in 0-RTT
59580812145936f7089586212155f14f4495d49f  Expand the anti-replay story
f9d24ec32312d0d0328c4d9057838d5653ece8e6  Missing 'only'
0fe91c8cb89eed4b0a63b5994c7287933d37a54c  Fix CONNECTION_CLOSE
63e18037753f70bb641b5a77a6c37bceba05baa5  Remove requirement for reciprocal connection ID change
23014c8b8a59be658a5156ae46fcbacc7e681311  remove redundant word
fdfb19d5922e75b5d6b93eda217e3a9c242308f6  Move PADDING up
48002d0f68802958f856a2a15cb41b079e355e88  Editorial changes
13698cbe311922a3995236dda960b4cdff49e36f  New connection IDs are mandatory for intentional migration
d6fe1014583969a45f91f9e44022f61b87a8a200  Reword zero-length caveat
1d8af249df68710203ce2ca376823ee61d2dd9cc  update the pseudo code to include packet number spaces
491d871829800a78661202e642839ab1e97100d8  Explain more
894d6389ab962668807544bfb59911d4f57273f0  Update diagram: h2q is now h3
96b9fe88ce116bba073406d2f0ac65e02e37254f  Editorial changes, stronger MUST
1bb6c3e804945f7adda97c2e7ec1785bda04a18d  clarify what happens when consuming CIDs excessively
88fac6e73653b10c6963af152ab93327c8102f80  Revert "clarify what happens when consuming CIDs excessively"
a0ae02995b37cd83d163f334c7b71e0b1ddb13f6  move the statement to the issuer side
9400c2f9b2c5a235ce15377538bc8dc354467f39  Replay protection is the responsibility of application protocols
7c2660ecf7a11f42f7950615b9ad80ecdec8d280  Editorial fix
17161f54da4f76f94cd4271af303792afad40c71  introduce an enum for packet number spaces
8280320ca7208e485af75d581f4a38d8d184a8a7  fix line lengths
09fcf151d1378efbff43d0eaf983a47a6f2c0e23  Replace the RequireInsertCount decoding algorithm (#2379)
7a2d570807ffcbe61df584b6144949c188842296  QPACK: Clarify how maximum dynamic table capacity can be set (#2330)
e94bdc2cafb07ee711b91281591dc45637467bae  Discard inconsistent packets
105dd3213812cde18c65240efc7ae1f339fae65b  Removal is unsuccessful
f45707fa254156ed571645ff83a8001a362e7357  kPacketNumberSpace
23720eb15b5abf9ceb28dcc2c2ed2c573c9a0ed7  1-RTT => Application data
9cd3dfef754d23334e54c779171fd13a266628d0  Application data => ApplicationData
c9da9ee12a8e9a7d48ba8e3818ed0df5a7e16e28  Update draft-ietf-quic-recovery.md
99dd6965d201108cbe212614b974843f6b1f3536  Merge pull request #2417 from marten-seemann/loss-recovery-packet-number-spaces
6c33bd4e50acde88ccc6517cf4c8c4811bd1ed17  Varint the frame types
f52e62fc20caf3edd0bdd49dabc315b553542229  Concomitant change to HTTP_MALFORMED_FRAME_TYPE
cbe62b9866a22bcbbb70f285300510c205a494d2  Varint the stream types
cf01b3d5674bdbf6e4cfc86992527753b41cb9e4  Format values
2d18efff91edde9ebdd64be308cabcf31d4ca66d  Varint the Settings Identifiers
771c7d36a68f8df1a84e5e25421f36ac35f36ebf  Mention the difference in HTTP/2 considerations
33cbc34885bb59c464218d48ed204bce3a0f585b  Make frame type greasing consistent
6e5f470ee4e1b6f8bff1f3a24b20b29bcfed38f7  Explicit value in fig-push-stream-header
f06211da71550e9a7ed03cc42d96ec5dc84dd3f0  Non-zero values of N only
fb9f6904c61e83188813376f8b6be1c09b622b82  No connection ID = no migration
6b74f2e4881fe5748eb72e94e9c34d7dbc44955c  Merge pull request #2422 from dtikhonov/201902050934-h2q-is-now-h3
8d9bf8577027bc2639f3cc9d20b276de2863272d  Update draft-ietf-quic-http.md
5379931cb0dc3931c0dde09839420adb4f68dfb9  Revert "Explicit value in fig-push-stream-header"
3e2dbea894c2e3fe4fe4d63e9592ddf4c1e0f1bc  Varint explicit value
0c33013556840e9f16f3e701cbb372f68b0ab124  Review feedback
05b784f6985de0597a30faa611b6317d2bd56051  Plurals
c30019f681d092f3a04dee62bfed3bf868f610d2  More plurals
5b3abdedf454cccec4e2e0bbb1b5dcc3de261b46  Update draft-ietf-quic-transport.md
5369ff2cf70a461899817aec983ac22e23684f15  Sentence split
2631d02ffce77d14073ed4a80a7fd656ff8443d1  Servers can still CANCEL, too. (#2426)
633eca90a501c5a9179fc4703158a6aacf084c5f  Migration in Security Considerations (#2427)
55e4a7d55a9cb24cf650c3a4c97f0447dd06a5b7  Indicate initial-only frames (#2425)
4bf24681eee5235af5311fc939126195b16f6e40  quic-tls nits
325d2cbdab441cfb15c570aa084472dac88c09f1  One more
5bb4241cf1d9f48798abd48450087e2188ae372b  argh stray character
5329e0ef079ef30e81e99eec1f9a4d9d9ba60179  Minor TLS draft editorial corrections
99e52fd4ebec4af1927828416189d52d7a91cc60  Ted's comments
ac7f3818c75c1abac0c5f0068532cfd5dc636b3a  Remove text, thanks Ian
932fdc4f5f0eba1438950ce5bfac10d9a6acb6b1  Work on key diversity
58332ad44b1a595a87f9f8bb26c41adb074f4d19  Merge pull request #2431 from quicwg/transport/inconsistent
be67b4561b491c06a79c1688c8c35a9fffa7d2d9  discussing
9f6e285ad51c3439d5abd0ba24ad4ecd081c7a25  Describe the two processes.
755559b0e6d3653a6d4e8aaaa841efd795d8df23  Update to reflect reviews
4d2821c5e79c741355ae8a69df024718e07835c9  Update draft-ietf-quic-tls.md
3836d2ee046bc1eb8a3646e32d19791f1c0a48eb  Merge pull request #2445 from martinduke/patch-34
88424b7b9d98937f2a17cdbb9556f292bacb5efd  remove unused variable largest_sent_packet
1f2a08e8156b845d5820af48ace8270dd735e86a  Connection IDs for 0-RTT packets
726807acdb54897c0ec738e8a360cfe4523f4484  Merge pull request #2449 from marten-seemann/remove-largest-sent-packet
ec2418410ceb50526dad6b8fe94f751378ff83fd  Add a loss_time per packet number space
cee749c18d519bf4e26e281e212749b12fa9aee0  Update draft-ietf-quic-recovery.md
5339f9a8b38958be9091ce2dd82a0639236a5428  Update draft-ietf-quic-recovery.md
f6e85a0fa4ca87228970e2af0bd2e81ca1697453  Update draft-ietf-quic-recovery.md
da874788e729470f9587ad2194c334f5e71f528c  Update draft-ietf-quic-recovery.md
d183dbcf3fec1a338259abe3fc657645b2b6fbaa  Update draft-ietf-quic-recovery.md
f489b47eac3826113e13d20986d521f003a7ed27  Eliminate false sentence?
3c9a17a4f06b48436bfe9519b1db650214063dd2  Merge pull request #2452 from martinduke/patch-36
1f289026eb971051250e36d4bf28f056f99f0c17  A second pair of eyes and a bit of perspective
c95b96835c50b65abcf913744bd187ebbd92523e  Ian's suggestion, tweaked
77b4d08b99246b03c35e48b6dcef8bef34896f21  Change Idle Timeout to Milliseconds
630bc71c3e54f9149ae472e00618e67da3ead32f  Martin's suggested alternative to non-zero
0c97572ed5d3787752ca9e4ffaf1d1cbf2b5200e  Merge pull request #2437 from quicwg/http/varint-all-the-things
b8de486e078aa7a8d115fe056e2f2aadc0596246  the crypto timeout is based on the last crypto packet sent
5e56e69566133b7ca55f33d90c0c73eced272880  disambiguate the lists.
89c8c3b8bd1e79692a93ab312820cea63f560a4a  Update draft-ietf-quic-recovery.md
8cfa8346c072d629f0b9397f9b7795327b90fc49  Update draft-ietf-quic-recovery.md
f7fb4829175e975920b1026cc0d4431301a14dea  Update draft-ietf-quic-recovery.md
5bbe441637b02e211265464931913e393ef13fb8  Merge remote-tracking branch 'origin/master' into 0rtt-reset
f95c289d1b49ed188ba1aa940de4feb3133adc4d  Mike's comments
d53a096b911f487b68412a53bb731f5c1ff6a970  Merge branch 'master' into dschinazi_vn_with_cid
6c4033e7dd54137152deb84d797fe6acc5ced2bd  Version Negotiation: incorporate feedback from MT and Ian
624cbf9087f69e9433ee5ddc6d1e217fd336f64b  Modify QPACK steam and instruction terminology (#2440)
a9af1da88d8bfeeabe7850f32989940639669e6f  Merge pull request #2450 from quicwg/0rtt-dcid
0974bda7da7977b5504d8eae222a1a57d5aa2af5  Reword
0bb2046abc730c39e245f1041a4c074ce714454d  application semantics stuff
2e766ee94edb057a85834041c795a22a855823dc  Merge pull request #2448 from quicwg/key-diversity2
383268d00c14ab6e37c4c3fcfc6de8daf2122758  Reword Immediate ACK Recommendation (#2424)
c4e459ffda2a56980f5e61322342566ab263c179  attachment issue
429a912f2062f3ad05ab6ed422ec0db2fc69d491  Reword closing confirmation text
f529d05ba87f57d6aa3f7d3b987300296f69b282  Only applications know what can be retried
95d380159040255309fd6ff32a5ebc7808f89cd3  Apply MT suggestions from code review
6f035221d174ff93d096ad67bbdc1a915fd4907d  Tweak from MT comment
54be05b2e2272bc8be25ae74b22d2b6a116e70e2  "expected for" annoyed me
2a2935cce998d132a4156f55f89b80f35df32df2  Reflow
1a4d8c0895c92e1d88f53cbe1835b443438da031  Merge pull request #2313 from DavidSchinazi/dschinazi_vn_with_cid
186160860e6d047a6e4ab2bea5001f4b220b16fa  Ian’s suggestion
c13a9f565df1fee1cbfe12cf17e2923fc5affeea  Initiate migration
ef1db5c4d58ddb2f2830e2032ddeb977cc285201  oops grammar
be00d3c1013de2900569cf4ea374cf53069b6188  Update draft-ietf-quic-recovery.md
8c4d201ddaaf56c992628b63e63efe000ea89580  Fix packet and stream numbers in example
5d5ef61581fc19c2b35c80544f1d43d403eaf6c8  Fixed final ACK
ef33e0d2c978e514929af620a1b99a00ed4cc588  Merge pull request #2454 from nibanks/pr/millisecond-idle-timeout
d09d0a7edcac583ae2dbd6c0328a80a92518086f  Merge pull request #2459 from quicwg/issue2147
550e1da07199edbd8f74c1eecb7d4473ca93efff  Merge pull request #2463 from martinduke/patch-37
988f7b0bff4bb485875dce1093b3210793ac378c  typo
4b8ee3091ea4f6dca009801d8b57c8eff602ff17  yeah let's try that again.
10bf5e61b5b165d7bffadbd89a533d619fc8d361  describe what happens when the PTO timer expires (#2455)
5a15b96470fee82bf047a21e6956f1a2b7adb9ce  Address Validation Nits
e29d87232df0cb575a627f749a65e731a8aeb2ff  wrap
54840dae1ad3351e7df5c2e169d19acd6f3459f0  Merge pull request #2468 from martinduke/patch-39
83793ef5f0c83635d9bface209af0c2f8d18bfd8  Refer to "installing keys" instead of "rekeying"
59f74c2da53986065a2db47cfea9a64330e19939  Eliminate duplicate word
df865be876424549e7c9731b622255d38c39a077  Packetization Nits
406827459ab28fe105236b4280b86d3547c8ef15  Reverting MUST NOT
61d998987087752e17e8aec34651c64791e36aba  Unrelated change
452635edf0b89096a19a9df417f11a560431902e  Merge pull request #2474 from martinduke/patch-40
ba7b7c27cc0d2081606e6be88fc5a1ae7d4c4a56  Merge pull request #2476 from martinduke/patch-41
8420fe3891cc3f86f30bc90f5e6f787bc1fb9a2d  fix incorrect field name
e805db0ae6a7a7523db338dee5632696cd1b7e40  Wrap
6a8b7b5f1d55cf68c228d95da8dfed1831fb13e6  Merge pull request #2478 from kazuho/patch-5
f1707b40f2077f0d0ece7ee221222c8e15202878  Add #2302 to the list of items changed since ID-17
9b9f1b1414224f03dc5a49caed167e812a244a62  Merge pull request #2482 from dtikhonov/201902191127-add-2302-to-since-id-17-changelog
dfc141920a7008059e37bfa9d6082611ee681f4b  Fix PTO computation (#2480)
4d20e6cef061b54a673987f1031c358d730a544d  editorial reword
2b92182b65380ca28144a1db0509e9a160364578  Merge pull request #2456 from marten-seemann/set-crypto-timer
dd9f8c383a56b6e98ca1329e5a220a86e04ea7b5  Merge pull request #2451 from quicwg/ianswett-loss-time
1d963da48653f883864ff3238b35aed9f9674f4a  add the pn_space index for largest_acked_packet
0f9343bb1bace2205da6cba14ac20ea6e1c2f5b9  Update draft-ietf-quic-transport.md
d1759eba7ed116861a44d960461a606e73353c52  Update draft-ietf-quic-transport.md
b5c3945f5931aa1eba5db7b57033b6b6f43ab324  Update draft-ietf-quic-transport.md
6efa27b7fb38316400cb767a2dbd7ae03c4bfcb9  Update draft-ietf-quic-transport.md
24fddef652d8cae49c614e4fe634a7895c355021  wordwrap
3453f54d7409bbc10615aba219808e1d0ebcb649  Close connection if peer becomes unreachable
7a4ad29ff77eaf72ee0ce0e6d0a77f06083ec7c6  comments
526b7da519aa9e3f68b7529478b6f3889de59748  Merge pull request #2485 from marten-seemann/largest-acked-pn-space
f4f9f7eb53a78a6678c1fb68dd475c95b5d3d31b  Merge pull request #2479 from quicwg/mnot-two-processes
4778b036a962c9d8f9f019dd4e1631944397615a  Merge pull request #2406 from quicwg/deadpath
51cfe3c3ba82ba397a9d8bbb013a1677fbda1796  applications or protocols
bafc78b866469f1482c36b0730bdd3522f04cd53  Merge pull request #2460 from quicwg/issue2150
46db3de1501a93a7e0954e0030124cf9849e0e5a  Persistent Congestion Time Threshold (#2365)
5dd4eb2fdd0773ec59d84fd348e308ccbdebf903  Fix inconsistent leading zeros
8599157ea22332605b283f2b807dfa87bbd496a3  Rework GOAWAY text (again) (#2457)
cd3d1c18774fd6ad72a34372ff5de0ad71b2e935  Changelog catchup
307c2b49ee0b8ea8905a992a672fa8fca1606aa6  Merge pull request #2428 from kazuho/kazuho/excessive-consumption-of-CID-is-not-recommended
741c13ca04f9fa0c939d391f1d2e2cec1c695a2b  Fix PTO calculation in pseudo-code (#2489)
7cb406602d5c1b8f1d50cc2c0cc2d04ef42cfa24  Use kGranularity in InPersistentCongestion()
0bb9a5c49be458919f53c771515c7dbf0fb82637  Update draft-ietf-quic-recovery.md
27360d28ddec90726dc0a6872c394a1e239064a5  Limit Initial Window to 14720 bytes
3f55e96e350da8f7d53cac6f737d156fbad3104a  Merge pull request #2494 from quicwg/ianswett-14720
5b16d81be3b1b8921f19d38e10da164dfdd1644a  Merge pull request #2490 from quicwg/ianswett-kgranularity
8a324cf402b7b341f8b518a41a0bcaafc046bd46  Clarify what to do when ALPN negotiation fails
da213ba2a19b3f09c0920b054aafc5a809b826b6  Clarify that no_application_protocol must also be used by clients
7fc379f00624b1f436f3c5a4275c3793c3d0a6a7  Specify error code for no_application_protocol
4edeb3a5c323b54d37302749fdc2156d6a172332  Close the connection if MAX_STREAMS is too large
ec689a0e70809c53a887ffd4a8cd22de8fa68882  Change error code for DUPLICATE_PUSH
e03aa6b5caf2644e813c4412d2cfe162b72e7134  Taking Mikkel's review/suggestions into account, trimming, adding
b737e89ad4ed987984ece6b296c484eb0f8af06b  Martin/Kazuho's suggestion
fc64707b237c37fee03e21caabb256d30ace5074  Update draft-ietf-quic-transport.md
01d76802c343bea31b1d8428e8558b5722973d86  Update draft-ietf-quic-transport.md
74c725afef91dc3dfeb659751d3512d07f7558aa  Update draft-ietf-quic-transport.md
1ecbbea933dd4f4d382523f6d51e7e145576a5b9  Update draft-ietf-quic-transport.md
0a7ac9f173420f081d2bd773d9943d2929cf3ff7  Jana's suggestion
3b3a20ffee013668fd77b5dc83004782e41f2746  Change illegal PRIORITY frame to a conn error
8ecbcb2799a9ed27844b476c098328897a334ca3  Mike's suggestion
e5ca7387db8a6eac53d655304dc4be07673c8d1e  Editorial tweaks
0d863091bd45ff90606a21388cd61fa5ba36e98c  Remove CERT/CV from 0-RTT example, closes #2505
28ec88eb67ccdd96adaed1ea078693a999a8993e  Application errors can be used in STOP_SENDING
32dcf40597acf9be31400cb6abe395acc6f47a3e  Changes for -transport and -tls
bcdb4cf9bfcad92ebed553542385f27ea604aa58  Add a few missing HTTP -19 entries
dd656cab08abc51a3e00b12a9c1c8da78b49afa9  qpack -07 changes
c91af55f435dfee951ee027cfbd3dac696876f24  Recovery Changelog for -19
923c4d203d2c5892352c135735fb347ba3bbcbda  QPACK table lookup noob clarifications (#2438)
6b9732d1e62d21fda7854532f1e9d646df089ded  More specific IANA registration xref (#2470)
81cf97e1f58ff5880acde8a9b46fef45b075e377  Clarify when a dynamic table entry can be evicted. (#2261)
b0c8d4b6722374052274ce03d133622369d52a4d  Merge pull request #2515 from quicwg/ianswett-recovery-changelog
6aa59d8a6eacaab277d9ea4fc9be1de72be23fc1  Merge pull request #2514 from quicwg/changelog-19
b2566a13475480f52115e1cee0cb0c95d0b4ece7  Merge pull request #2355 from quicwg/0rtt-reset
2575888337c3cc6a834297f5dfffa8319ed8205e  Merge pull request #2414 from quicwg/new-path-new-cid
1281676099be89184bd8a85b59600b4142dc3e47  Update draft-ietf-quic-transport.md
79c731c4d580296d1a3e38e42733c7b52d88b779  Rephrase size requirement for Initial packets
679bfedb604324fde8488730050b1c16e9698317  Apply Jana's suggestions from review
406beb3a8e8cf75e0b27ba65fcf1fc50cc1b9b80  QPACK: Use the term "HTTP/3" in the title
da3ed6adfb34ed00dc4422de030657e148bdcc2f  Fix lint errors
9723f0f0441d604ddae99628b4f83ad7cf72d67b  Remove aspirational changes
a69e90d091a8543392d5f5452c4dd31919b06fe6  Update draft-ietf-quic-transport.md
50011f231f3bb9094f85cc5953c05c64883759d4  reflow
3c93c5673af083238dd95bdc0fac72e9373c572a  Merge pull request #2520 from quicwg/jri/padding
5f598aa2e789cbdcfbc4c9f6c3f571e6e3e2b3b1  Add section number to reference (#2525)
48e017115319bd06237040373329be4b60ac8c5a  Merge pull request #2483 from ghedo/alpn_alert
4456fa89a16ea64e8ab545c4f35dc7c27b7fa129  Merge pull request #2499 from quicwg/ianswett-close-max-streams
320e155ccf6f4e4c3b648b696c418ebfa305d878  Quote brackets.  Closes #2517.
c3ea995ab186f5b2e81f396155b0d2891299ad03  Many frames have flags in the type now
c13a6fd16b15c5335b4c9f2828274212d635850e  Merge pull request #2532 from martinduke/patch-46
3c383577676d512c4aba0f9ae7b9f26f9e56967d  In which I surrender
c8ed4bb6fe0db5c5eb348b4a7d697d27746c4a50  disallow port changes on disable_migration
43a46542cce2a6b5a2797e672a432243cfc10f68  Nit in ECN format section
6270c390c36db9f07475d76a38d1190e24b76fd8  Clarify meaning of RESET_STREAM
c90b494b8925b23d1dde45642987d4e2785a4929  Merge pull request #2537 from martinduke/patch-49
1cb835336c0224761469d7427f53d3eda3380b4a  Merge pull request #2536 from martinduke/patch-48
80a7b5e065f17c08629508dfd1fad38405495a54  Merge pull request #2446 from martinduke/patch-35
5540dd3718fa4b52ad58ea0de54b3ee62e1f99f0  Merge pull request #2535 from martinduke/patch-47
6503c9e2b728b99bbecc0d658858ff32238f44bf  Editorial changes to transport draft
a2801a5d724cc496665984bdb4f0a2f9b2e4a0d2  Merge pull request #2542 from nharper/transport-ed
b1a879ed8badcf11ce554d6a34d73812a2279e9b  Bump SETTINGS_NUM_PLACEHOLDERS codepoint to 0x9
553840d4d755698b00518268dd300a9d186219db  Simplify kPersistentThreshold
f506e4b7339efcfa727634c5722f51ae26be7c9f  nit
1ffdc072f500a98521db502ae421fa2c20b4569d  lint
285d30aa5dc9a1f105ad89b05968ea29343ba38c  Merge pull request #2557 from quicwg/jri/kpersistentthreshold
059724bbe0862fa0bf040774d5203338fbef0b72  Initial text proposal for adding spin bit to transport specification.
3b9e2f9ceec6cc2c16bb06e0aa7b9a809f49225b  Updated text on spinbit
a31a0e3b4ebc544fb11f6e45fcb2e2fb6212fe80  reviewed version
dcb0475762dea7a89a6edfdcdf9d85fef00fcc5b  Updated formatting
d27fb3c54f80c6adf8910ab1e6d40ac07bdcedde  Merge branch 'master' of https://github.com/ihlar/base-drafts
b084b563ba2fb0609b7f8251e4dbe1b0dfc05826  Merge branch 'master' of https://github.com/ihlar/base-drafts
5d48bb8d1565608a75463ebc2223e28dfa25a00a  Restructuring of spin bit text

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
View it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2364/files/a1e6f8f4cfe10a5a7fc5f17a4fb189ae526973fe..5d48bb8d1565608a75463ebc2223e28dfa25a00a

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2019 09:34:50 -0700

Note to anyone who commented here, please see the updated PR.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2364#issuecomment-477673634

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2019 09:34:52 -0700

Closed #2364.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2364#event-2236889406