Subject: Re: [quicwg/base-drafts] Refine Discussion of 0-RTT Transport Parameters (#2467)

From: Jana Iyengar <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 05 Mar 2019 14:56:37 -0800

@martinduke : Are you planning to incorporate feedback into the PR?

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2467#issuecomment-469892730

---

From: martinduke <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 05 Mar 2019 14:57:57 -0800

Yes, sorry for the delay.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2467#issuecomment-469893188

---

From: martinduke <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2019 19:55:04 +0000 (UTC)

martinduke commented on this pull request.

> -when accepting 0-RTT data.  A server uses the transport parameters in
-determining whether to accept 0-RTT data.
-
-A server MAY accept 0-RTT and subsequently provide different values for
-transport parameters for use in the new connection.  If 0-RTT data is accepted
-by the server, the server MUST NOT reduce any limits or alter any values that
-might be violated by the client with its 0-RTT data.  In particular, a server
-that accepts 0-RTT data MUST NOT set values for the following parameters
-({{transport-parameter-definitions}}) that are smaller
-than the remembered value of those parameters.
+The value of the server's previous original_connection_id, preferred_address,
+stateless_reset_token, and ack_delay_exponent MUST NOT be used when
+establishing a new connection; rather, the client should wait to observe the
+server's new values in the handshake.
+
+The client MAY store the server's original max_ack_delay and max_packet_size

OK, I'll make it a MUST

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2467#discussion_r267519394

---

From: martinduke <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2019 19:58:07 +0000 (UTC)

>  ### Values of Transport Parameters for 0-RTT {#zerortt-parameters}
 
-A client that attempts to send 0-RTT data MUST remember the transport parameters
-used by the server.  The transport parameters that the server advertises during
-connection establishment apply to all connections that are resumed using the
-keying material established during that handshake.  Remembered transport
+The transport parameters that the server advertises during connection
+establishment generally apply to all connections that are resumed using

I took the first paragraph wholesale. I think "applies to the connection as a whole" is a confusing construction (all params apply affect the whole connection). Let me know what you think of the rewording.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2467#discussion_r267520480

---

From: martinduke <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2019 13:07:24 -0700

@martinduke pushed 1 commit.

3ad10a56b5aeb294d7d0d44bcb3720a0999fe175  Addressed all reviews

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
View it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2467/files/b07ac2036b9b2d67b52aa78f28b8357edc9a475a..3ad10a56b5aeb294d7d0d44bcb3720a0999fe175

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2019 14:07:59 -0700

Thanks for doing this Martin.  I will raise this on the list so that people are clear about this.  Technically, there isn't a change here, but it certainly looks like it if you don't understand what is going on.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2467#issuecomment-475028806

---

From: Marten Seemann <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2019 02:57:26 -0700

marten-seemann approved this pull request.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2467#pullrequestreview-217669013