Subject: [quicwg/base-drafts] Update name of TPs (#2539)

From: martinduke <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2019 00:06:19 +0000 (UTC)

concurrent-streams TP is long dead
You can view, comment on, or merge this pull request online at:

  https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2539

-- Commit Summary --

  * Update name of TPs

-- File Changes --

    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md (11)

-- Patch Links --

https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2539.patch
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2539.diff

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2539

---

From: martinduke <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2019 17:10:22 -0700

@martinduke pushed 1 commit.

a3e585c37692656492be618ae5b7b223ab986f44  whitespace

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
View it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2539/files/b9abf32d21a162618154a93ed1df0fe543a18f4d..a3e585c37692656492be618ae5b7b223ab986f44

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2019 17:34:47 -0700

martinthomson approved this pull request.

OK with changes.

> @@ -5257,11 +5257,12 @@ sequence.  A receiver is obligated to open intervening streams if a
 higher-numbered stream ID is received.  Thus, on a new connection, opening
 stream 2000001 opens 1 million streams, as required by the specification.
 
-The number of active streams is limited by the concurrent stream limit transport
-parameter, as explained in {{controlling-concurrency}}.  If chosen judiciously,
-this limit mitigates the effect of the stream commitment attack.  However,
-setting the limit too low could affect performance when applications expect to
-open large number of streams.
+The number of active streams is limited by the initial-max-streams-bidi and

```suggestion
The number of active streams is limited by the initial_max_streams_bidi and
```

> @@ -5257,11 +5257,12 @@ sequence.  A receiver is obligated to open intervening streams if a
 higher-numbered stream ID is received.  Thus, on a new connection, opening
 stream 2000001 opens 1 million streams, as required by the specification.
 
-The number of active streams is limited by the concurrent stream limit transport
-parameter, as explained in {{controlling-concurrency}}.  If chosen judiciously,
-this limit mitigates the effect of the stream commitment attack.  However,
-setting the limit too low could affect performance when applications expect to
-open large number of streams.
+The number of active streams is limited by the initial-max-streams-bidi and
+initial-max-streams-uni transport parameters, as explained in

```suggestion
initial_max_streams_uni transport parameters, as explained in
```

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2539#pullrequestreview-217044364

---

From: martinduke <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2019 17:45:06 -0700

42e784a69e32c6ef5e70669f4983b50c64d9381c  Update draft-ietf-quic-transport.md

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
View it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2539/files/a3e585c37692656492be618ae5b7b223ab986f44..42e784a69e32c6ef5e70669f4983b50c64d9381c

---

From: martinduke <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2019 17:45:14 -0700

6e8ff86e73f96ea24ccdd178d65df0ae516bd125  Update draft-ietf-quic-transport.md

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
View it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2539/files/42e784a69e32c6ef5e70669f4983b50c64d9381c..6e8ff86e73f96ea24ccdd178d65df0ae516bd125

---

From: ianswett <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2019 18:09:20 -0700

ianswett commented on this pull request.

-The number of active streams is limited by the concurrent stream limit transport
-parameter, as explained in {{controlling-concurrency}}.  If chosen judiciously,
-this limit mitigates the effect of the stream commitment attack.  However,
-setting the limit too low could affect performance when applications expect to
-open large number of streams.
+The number of active streams is limited by the initial_max_streams_bidi and
+initial_max_streams_uni transport parameters, as explained in
+{{controlling-concurrency}}.  If chosen judiciously, this limit mitigates the

```suggestion
{{controlling-concurrency}}.  If chosen judiciously, these limits mitigates the
```

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2539#pullrequestreview-217049880

---

From: martinduke <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2019 18:11:16 -0700

9295788bee36670fb32465dd4ae57ac026b121b2  Update draft-ietf-quic-transport.md

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
View it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2539/files/6e8ff86e73f96ea24ccdd178d65df0ae516bd125..9295788bee36670fb32465dd4ae57ac026b121b2

---

From: Nick Banks <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2019 18:11:58 -0700

nibanks approved this pull request.

LGTM

`these limits mitigate`

+{{controlling-concurrency}}.  If chosen judiciously, these limits mitigates the

```suggestion
{{controlling-concurrency}}.  If chosen judiciously, these limits mitigate the
```

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2539#pullrequestreview-217050148