Subject: [quicwg/base-drafts] Handle crypto timer before time threshold timer (#2619)

From: Yang Chi <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 14 Apr 2019 19:55:38 -0700

This is for issue 2565. This is the behavior until draft-17 i think. Crypto always had higher priority than other packets thus other type of loss detection (reordering threshold, time threshold and early retransmit timeout). Then in draft-17 the reordering threshold and time threshold were merged together. Somehow, loss_time also got a higher priority than crypto timer. With such change it's possible that loss_time fires, there are crypto packets in flight, but not all of them are eligible to retransmit, depending on their sending time and the loss_time value, so we may only retransmit some of them.

This diff brings the old behavior back. Crypto timer will have higher priority than timer threshold loss detection, and when crypto timer fires, if there are outstanding handshake packets, all of them are retransmitted.

This also simplifies the loss_time. There will be no need to have one loss_timer per packet number space, only ApplicationData space will need a loss_time.
You can view, comment on, or merge this pull request online at:

  https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2619

-- Commit Summary --

  * Handle crypto timer before time threshold timer

-- File Changes --

    M draft-ietf-quic-recovery.md (61)

-- Patch Links --

https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2619.patch
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2619.diff

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2619

---

From: Yang Chi <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2019 09:05:00 -0700

close. #2620 clarifies this.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2619#issuecomment-483315297

---

From: Yang Chi <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2019 16:05:01 +0000 (UTC)

Closed #2619.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2619#event-2277121895