Subject: [quicwg/base-drafts] My packet numbers go to -1 (#2623)

From: ianswett <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2019 16:35:32 +0000 (UTC)

Alternate fix for #2621
You can view, comment on, or merge this pull request online at:

  https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2623

-- Commit Summary --

  * My packet numbers go to -1

-- File Changes --

    M draft-ietf-quic-recovery.md (4)

-- Patch Links --

https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2623.patch
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2623.diff

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2623

---

From: Jana Iyengar <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2019 20:49:35 +0000 (UTC)

I don't think we should introduce negative numbers here. I understand that it makes the pseudo code slightly simpler, but it makes implementing the pseudo code much harder for those using uints.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2623#issuecomment-483412900

---

From: Marten Seemann <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2019 21:58:19 -0700

@janaiyengar Why do you want to use uints? The varint encoding imposes a limit smaller than MAX_INT64 anyway.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2623#issuecomment-483511298

---

From: Marten Seemann <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2019 21:58:29 -0700

marten-seemann approved this pull request.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2623#pullrequestreview-226984359

---

From: ianswett <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2019 19:47:24 +0000 (UTC)

Closed #2623.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2623#event-2288895098