Subject: Re: [quicwg/base-drafts] Clarify RTT calculations in recovery (#2506)

From: ianswett <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 02 Apr 2019 14:10:26 -0700

@ianswett pushed 1 commit.

eef4b623a90a01e69e907336aaeb31170cdd5ba3  Jana's suggestion

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
View it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2506/files/64f7c8c09c68d04bfd15a7246698ee9ba45afdab..eef4b623a90a01e69e907336aaeb31170cdd5ba3

---

From: Jana Iyengar <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 02 Apr 2019 15:22:15 -0700

janaiyengar commented on this pull request.

 min_rtt is the minimum RTT measured over the connection, prior to adjusting by
 ack delay.  Ignoring ack delay for min RTT prevents intentional or unintentional
 underestimation of min RTT, which in turn prevents underestimating smoothed RTT.
 
+A sender calculates both smoothed RTT (SRTT) and RTT variance (RTTVAR) similar
+to those specified in {{?RFC6298}}.  Note that smoothed_rtt does for the first

```suggestion
to those specified in {{?RFC6298}}.  Note that computing smoothed_rtt for the first
```

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2506#pullrequestreview-221930818

---

From: Jana Iyengar <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 02 Apr 2019 15:22:35 -0700

janaiyengar approved this pull request.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2506#pullrequestreview-221930919

---

From: ianswett <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 02 Apr 2019 22:24:29 +0000 (UTC)

0cbf69c31779a0d14e39a702de25c451eed1b578  Update draft-ietf-quic-recovery.md

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
View it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2506/files/eef4b623a90a01e69e907336aaeb31170cdd5ba3..0cbf69c31779a0d14e39a702de25c451eed1b578

---

From: ianswett <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 02 Apr 2019 15:26:14 -0700

Merged #2506 into master.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2506#event-2248095843