Subject: [quicwg/base-drafts] Don't request control streams be closed (#2666)

From: Mike Bishop <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 03 May 2019 14:23:11 -0700

Fixes #2509.

Technically design, but barely.
You can view, comment on, or merge this pull request online at:

  https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2666

-- Commit Summary --

  * Don't request control streams be closed, either

-- File Changes --

    M draft-ietf-quic-http.md (7)

-- Patch Links --

https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2666.patch
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2666.diff

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2666

---

From: ianswett <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 03 May 2019 18:04:41 -0700

ianswett approved this pull request.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2666#pullrequestreview-233715048

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 05 May 2019 15:47:24 -0700

martinthomson approved this pull request.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2666#pullrequestreview-233801156

---

From: Jana Iyengar <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 06 May 2019 16:45:35 -0700

janaiyengar approved this pull request.

nits, but LGTM

> @@ -359,9 +359,10 @@ the first frame of the control stream is any other frame type, this MUST be
 treated as a connection error of type HTTP_MISSING_SETTINGS. Only one control
 stream per peer is permitted; receipt of a second stream which claims to be a
 control stream MUST be treated as a connection error of type
-HTTP_WRONG_STREAM_COUNT.  The sender MUST NOT close the control stream.  If the
-control stream is closed at any point, this MUST be treated as a connection
-error of type HTTP_CLOSED_CRITICAL_STREAM.
+HTTP_WRONG_STREAM_COUNT.  The sender MUST NOT close the control stream, and the
+receiver MUST NOT request that the sender close the stream.  If the control

```suggestion
receiver MUST NOT request that the sender close the control stream.  If the control
```

> @@ -359,9 +359,10 @@ the first frame of the control stream is any other frame type, this MUST be
 treated as a connection error of type HTTP_MISSING_SETTINGS. Only one control
 stream per peer is permitted; receipt of a second stream which claims to be a
 control stream MUST be treated as a connection error of type
-HTTP_WRONG_STREAM_COUNT.  The sender MUST NOT close the control stream.  If the
-control stream is closed at any point, this MUST be treated as a connection
-error of type HTTP_CLOSED_CRITICAL_STREAM.
+HTTP_WRONG_STREAM_COUNT.  The sender MUST NOT close the control stream, and the
+receiver MUST NOT request that the sender close the stream.  If the control
+stream is closed at any point, this MUST be treated as a connection error of

```suggestion
stream is closed at any point by either end, this MUST be treated as a connection error of
```

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2666#pullrequestreview-234251167

---

From: Mike Bishop <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 07 May 2019 18:04:08 +0000 (UTC)

@MikeBishop pushed 1 commit.

19cc3676a530786ca500938a0676223fdd73c4a8  Jana's suggestions, tweaked

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
View it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2666/files/9bfec2dceccf2147168c84027f799b35449b4b18..19cc3676a530786ca500938a0676223fdd73c4a8