Subject: [quicwg/base-drafts] Fix GOAWAY errors properly (#2713)

From: Mike Bishop <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 May 2019 11:22:36 -0700

In #2705, @DaanDeMeyer correctly observed that I messed up #2343, but he closed his PR and I'm not able to reopen it without more git wizardry than I'm interested in practicing today.  Easier just to fix it in my own branch.

So:
- GOAWAY properly sent by the server on the control stream, but *containing* the wrong stream ID can't be WRONG_STREAM, it should be MALFORMED_FRAME.
- GOAWAY sent by the server on something other than the control frame isn't UNEXPECTED_FRAME, it's WRONG_STREAM (see [aside with @kazuho](https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2551#issuecomment-492911408) about whether the distinction actually matters, but in the interest of keeping the document internally consistent....)
- GOAWAY sent by a client is UNEXPECTED_FRAME, and that's the only one I got right before.
You can view, comment on, or merge this pull request online at:

  https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2713

-- Commit Summary --

  * Fix GOAWAY errors properly this time

-- File Changes --

    M draft-ietf-quic-http.md (4)

-- Patch Links --

https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2713.patch
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2713.diff

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2713

---

From: Mike Bishop <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 May 2019 11:34:48 -0700

Whoops -- missed that #2707 was the updated version of #2705.  Closing in favor of @DaanDeMeyer's, which contains identical text.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2713#issuecomment-493183211

---

From: Mike Bishop <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 May 2019 18:34:47 +0000 (UTC)

Closed #2713.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2713#event-2347343983