Subject: [quicwg/base-drafts] Specify error for a DATA frame before any HEADERS frames (#2715)

From: Mike Bishop <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 May 2019 18:55:37 +0000 (UTC)

#2712 reincarnated, because I messed up.  Sorry, @DaanDeMeyer.
You can view, comment on, or merge this pull request online at:

  https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2715

-- Commit Summary --

  * Specify error on receipt a DATA frame before a HEADERS frame on a
  * Move to Message Exchange section

-- File Changes --

    M draft-ietf-quic-http.md (4)

-- Patch Links --

https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2715.patch
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2715.diff

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2715

---

From: Jana Iyengar <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 May 2019 16:01:16 -0700

janaiyengar approved this pull request.

> @@ -423,6 +423,10 @@ must be received and processed before the message can be consumed.  See
 The "chunked" transfer encoding defined in Section 4.1 of {{!RFC7230}} MUST NOT
 be used.
 
+If a DATA frame is received before a HEADERS frame on a request stream, the
+recipient must respond with a connection error ({{errors}}) of type

```suggestion
recipient MUST respond with a connection error of type HTTP_UNEXPECTED_FRAME
```

> @@ -423,6 +423,10 @@ must be received and processed before the message can be consumed.  See
 The "chunked" transfer encoding defined in Section 4.1 of {{!RFC7230}} MUST NOT
 be used.
 
+If a DATA frame is received before a HEADERS frame on a request stream, the
+recipient must respond with a connection error ({{errors}}) of type
+HTTP_UNEXPECTED_FRAME.

```suggestion
 ({{errors}}).
```

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2715#pullrequestreview-238676361

---

From: Lucas Pardue <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 18 May 2019 03:35:18 -0700

LPardue approved this pull request.

LGTM but don't forget push

```suggestion
If a DATA frame is received before a HEADERS frame on a either a request or push stream, the
```

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2715#pullrequestreview-239193554

---

From: Mike Bishop <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 May 2019 10:49:27 -0700

@MikeBishop pushed 1 commit.

1727343bb342514289cb5ea019feb54f562cbcdf  Update draft-ietf-quic-http.md

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
View it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2715/files/cdd2c2557a93b8620ddeb4e3a010b10e41200354..1727343bb342514289cb5ea019feb54f562cbcdf