Subject: [quicwg/base-drafts] Remove AEAD_AES_256_GCM (#2756)

From: David Schinazi <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 May 2019 07:49:29 -0700

draft-ietf-quic-tls currently mentions AEAD_AES_256_GCM, however there is no way to use that AEAD in TLS 1.3 - TLS_AES_256_CCM_SHA256 does not appear in the [list of TLS cipher suites](https://www.iana.org/assignments/tls-parameters/tls-parameters.xhtml#tls-parameters-4). If I understand this correctly, the presence of AEAD_AES_256_GCM in the document was an editorial oversight.
You can view, comment on, or merge this pull request online at:

  https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2756

-- Commit Summary --

  * Remove AEAD_AES_256_GCM

-- File Changes --

    M draft-ietf-quic-tls.md (8)

-- Patch Links --

https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2756.patch
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2756.diff

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2756

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 May 2019 07:53:01 -0700

Merged #2756 into master.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2756#event-2362755400

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 May 2019 07:53:25 -0700

Thanks.  This was extremely confusing: you meant CCM, but wrote GCM in tons of places.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2756#issuecomment-495253198