Subject: [quicwg/base-drafts] Transport editorial suggestions (#2731)

From: ianswett <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 May 2019 15:47:57 -0700

You can view, comment on, or merge this pull request online at:

  https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2731

-- Commit Summary --

  * Transport editorial suggestions

-- File Changes --

    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md (16)

-- Patch Links --

https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2731.patch
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2731.diff

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2731

---

From: ianswett <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 May 2019 02:02:07 -0700

@ianswett pushed 1 commit.

26505e3b33444fcd0f7e83570a981944f8c82438  Update draft-ietf-quic-transport.md

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
View it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2731/files/84054d5a3488e897ad7ecb129c78e18312f486d6..26505e3b33444fcd0f7e83570a981944f8c82438

---

From: ianswett <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 May 2019 02:04:16 -0700

d42fd36b8a4c94f7f227e6911256256eabc6426a  Update draft-ietf-quic-transport.md

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
View it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2731/files/26505e3b33444fcd0f7e83570a981944f8c82438..d42fd36b8a4c94f7f227e6911256256eabc6426a

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 May 2019 06:02:52 -0700

martinthomson requested changes on this pull request.

One error here.

> @@ -1336,11 +1335,7 @@ and sets the SCIL field to indicate the length.
 The first flight of 0-RTT packets use the same Destination and Source Connection
 ID values as the client's first Initial.
 
-The Destination Connection ID field in the server's Initial packet contains a
-connection ID that is chosen by the recipient of the packet (i.e., the client);
-the Source Connection ID includes the connection ID that the sender of the
-packet wishes to use (see {{connection-id}}). The server MUST use consistent
-Source Connection IDs during the handshake.
+The server MUST use consistent Source Connection IDs during the handshake.

This implies that the server cannot change its Source Connection ID between sending a Retry and sending an Initial.  I hope that we agree that this is an implausible requirement.  The consistency applies only after sending an Initial.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2731#pullrequestreview-240614043