Subject: Re: [quicwg/base-drafts] Allow not creating QPACK codec streams (#2529)

From: afrind <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 May 2019 01:52:57 -0700

afrind commented on this pull request.

>  HTTP_WRONG_STREAM_COUNT. These streams MUST NOT be closed. Closure of either
 unidirectional stream type MUST be treated as a connection error of type
 HTTP_CLOSED_CRITICAL_STREAM.
 
+An endpoint MAY avoid creating its own encoder stream if the maximum size of
+the dynamic table permitted by the peer is zero.
+
+An endpoint MAY avoid creating its own decoder stream if the maximum size of
+its own dynamic table is zero.
+
+An endpoint MUST allow its peer to create both encoder and decoder streams

> However, the server still needs to keep giving credit as streams close until those three are opened at least.

There's a difference between "must give >= 3 initial uni credits" and "must always have enough credit to open the control+qpack streams".  Do we have consensus on what the requirement should be?  I'm inclined to say it's the former.  Don't burn your credits on grease/push/extensions if you're going to need the other streams.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2529#discussion_r286840125

---

From: Alessandro Ghedini <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 May 2019 11:18:24 -0700

Created #2762 in addition to this PR to also update the -http requirements as per the discussion in London.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2529#issuecomment-497811114

---

From: Alessandro Ghedini <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 May 2019 20:23:41 +0000 (UTC)

@ghedo pushed 1 commit.

a3c622bec38228f198e7380b7d91bba33e85ea66  Use 'at most' language for both encoder and decoder

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
View it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2529/files/21272fdc8f5ea7bd155c7d5d7ee83da024ddd382..a3c622bec38228f198e7380b7d91bba33e85ea66

---

From: Alessandro Ghedini <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 May 2019 13:24:14 -0700

ghedo commented on this pull request.

>  HTTP/3 endpoints contain a QPACK encoder and decoder. Each endpoint MUST
-initiate a single encoder stream and decoder stream. Receipt of a second
-instance of either stream type be MUST treated as a connection error of type
+initiate at most one encoder stream and one decoder stream. Receipt of a second

Ok, updated to use 'at most' for both decoder and encoder.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2529#discussion_r289538910