Subject: [quicwg/base-drafts] Clients use the same crypto handshake after Retry (#2746)

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 May 2019 06:21:10 -0700

As agreed in London and Tokyo.

Closes #2180.
You can view, comment on, or merge this pull request online at:

  https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2746

-- Commit Summary --

  * Clients use the same crypto handshake after Retry

-- File Changes --

    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md (15)

-- Patch Links --

https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2746.patch
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2746.diff

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2746

---

From: Marten Seemann <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 May 2019 06:38:12 -0700

marten-seemann commented on this pull request.

Maybe it's more readable to combine the two paragraphs into one, or at least the part about generating the response to the Retry.

> @@ -3885,14 +3885,17 @@ the connection ID as part of its token validation logic (see
 The next Initial packet from the client uses the connection ID and token values
 from the Retry packet (see {{negotiating-connection-ids}}).  Aside from this,
 the Initial packet sent by the client is subject to the same restrictions as the
-first Initial packet.  A client can either reuse the cryptographic handshake
-message or construct a new one at its discretion.
+first Initial packet.  A client MUST use the same cryptographic handshake
+message it includes in this packet.  A server MAY treat a packet that

And it MUST NOT reset the packet number to 0.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2746#pullrequestreview-240634953

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 May 2019 06:41:28 -0700

We already have an editorial issue in this section; it needs breaking into subsections rather than combining long paragraphs into even longer ones.  Thanks for catching the packet number thing.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2746#issuecomment-494807527

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 May 2019 06:42:00 -0700

@martinthomson pushed 1 commit.

786cbf4ccfd1eaf5f593137bb91c49ceebd06902  Keep the same packet numbers after Retry

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
View it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2746/files/624b8376ec9eb755c293133f6721334ade27a989..786cbf4ccfd1eaf5f593137bb91c49ceebd06902

---

From: Marten Seemann <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 May 2019 06:43:04 -0700

marten-seemann approved this pull request.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2746#pullrequestreview-240638732

---

From: MikkelFJ <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 May 2019 06:43:44 -0700

mikkelfj commented on this pull request.

+contains a different cryptographic handshake message as a connection or discard

```suggestion
contains a different cryptographic handshake message as a separate connection or discard
```

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2746#pullrequestreview-240639149

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 May 2019 06:50:04 -0700

39786f45a86abe156559b4bc586f3816e71c9f88  Missed a critical word

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
View it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2746/files/786cbf4ccfd1eaf5f593137bb91c49ceebd06902..39786f45a86abe156559b4bc586f3816e71c9f88