Subject: [quicwg/base-drafts] We lost the text recommending replacement of used CIDs (#2725)

From: Eric Kinnear <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 May 2019 07:37:44 -0700

We previously had text: 
```
The endpoint SHOULD do this by supplying a new connection ID when a connection
ID is retired by its peer or when the endpoint receives a packet with a
previously unused connection ID.
```

In adding text for the TP (active_connection_id_limit), we kept the same idea, but lost a little bit of the text: 
```
An endpoint SHOULD NOT provide more connection IDs than the peer's limit.  If an
endpoint has provided its peer with the maximum number of connection IDs, it
SHOULD only provide a new connection ID when the peer retires one.
```

We still need the SHOULD replace used CIDs in the event that we *haven't* provided the peer with the maximum number of CIDs.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2725

---

From: Eric Kinnear <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 May 2019 07:54:49 -0700

Putting together a PR for this

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2725#issuecomment-494022048