Subject: [quicwg/base-drafts] Recommend only one packet per encryption level (#2747)

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 May 2019 06:37:57 -0700

This is a SHOULD per agreement in London because a) we can't decide why
you might not, but b) we can't mandate any particular action on the part
of a receiver.

Closes #2308.
You can view, comment on, or merge this pull request online at:

  https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2747

-- Commit Summary --

  * Recommend only one packet per encryption level

-- File Changes --

    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md (3)

-- Patch Links --

https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2747.patch
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2747.diff

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2747

---

From: Kazuho Oku <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 May 2019 06:38:17 -0700

kazuho approved this pull request.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2747#pullrequestreview-240635739

---

From: Marten Seemann <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 May 2019 06:38:41 -0700

marten-seemann approved this pull request.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2747#pullrequestreview-240635981

---

From: MikkelFJ <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 May 2019 13:40:29 +0000 (UTC)

There is a proposal I don't exactly recall where, to use invalid handshake packets as part of probe. I dislike this, but others seem to think that it is a great idea. But it does go against one encryption level per packet.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2747#issuecomment-494807102