Subject: [quicwg/base-drafts] Fix grammar in 3.2. Receiving Stream States (#2830)

From: monkey-mas <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 23 Jun 2019 00:16:16 -0700

The phrase, `Before creating a stream, all streams of the same type with lower-numbered stream IDs MUST be created.`, is semantically equal to `Before all streams (of the same type with lower-numbered stream IDs) create a stream, all streams of the same type with lower-numbered stream IDs MUST be created.`

This is not correct since all streams don't create a (new) stream. Moreover, by definition, a stream is created by sending data[1] or STREAM frames implicitly create a stream[2]. This indicates a stream itself doesn't create another stream.

[1] https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-quic-transport-20#section-2
[2] https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-quic-transport-20#section-19.8
You can view, comment on, or merge this pull request online at:

  https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2830

-- Commit Summary --

  * Fix grammar in 3.2. Receiving Stream States

-- File Changes --

    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md (2)

-- Patch Links --

https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2830.patch
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2830.diff

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2830

---

From: monkey-mas <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 23 Jun 2019 00:18:11 -0700

monkey-mas commented on this pull request.

> @@ -526,7 +526,7 @@ an unopened stream indicates that the remote peer no longer wishes to receive
 data on this stream.  Either frame might arrive before a STREAM or
 STREAM_DATA_BLOCKED frame if packets are lost or reordered.
 
-Before creating a stream, all streams of the same type with lower-numbered
+Before a new stream is created, all streams of the same type with lower-numbered

Maybe we don't have to clearly say "new".

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2830#pullrequestreview-253119245

---

From: Nick Banks <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 23 Jun 2019 08:23:11 -0700

nibanks approved this pull request.

Looks good. Just a minor comment.

Yeah, I don't think we need "new" in the sentence.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2830#pullrequestreview-253137602

---

From: monkey-mas <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 23 Jun 2019 14:08:04 -0700

Thanks! Fixed it.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2830#discussion_r296498145

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 23 Jun 2019 19:18:40 -0700

Merged #2830 into master.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2830#event-2432818933