Subject: [quicwg/base-drafts] Explain initial settings a little more (#2776)

From: Mike Bishop <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 07 Jun 2019 13:49:02 -0700

Fixes #2772.
You can view, comment on, or merge this pull request online at:

  https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2776

-- Commit Summary --

  * Explain initial settings a little more

-- File Changes --

    M draft-ietf-quic-http.md (7)

-- Patch Links --

https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2776.patch
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2776.diff

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2776

---

From: Kazuho Oku <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 09 Jun 2019 14:24:52 -0700

kazuho approved this pull request.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2776#pullrequestreview-247415521

---

From: ianswett <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2019 19:32:44 -0700

ianswett approved this pull request.

> @@ -1340,7 +1340,9 @@ setting is the default value. When a 0-RTT QUIC connection is being used, the
 initial value of each server setting is the value used in the previous session.
 Clients MUST store the settings the server provided in the session being resumed
 and MUST comply with stored settings until the current server settings are
-received.
+received.  A client uses these initial values in a situation where it wants to

```suggestion
received.  A client uses these initial values in situations where it wants to
```

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2776#pullrequestreview-247927367

---

From: Dmitri Tikhonov <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2019 05:22:43 -0700

dtikhonov commented on this pull request.

How about

> A client uses these initial values when it wants to send requests...

Or perhaps remove the "want" altogether and simplify it further to

> A client uses these initial values to send requests...

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2776#discussion_r292425143

---

From: Mike Bishop <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2019 13:47:53 -0700

@MikeBishop pushed 1 commit.

1b35ffe443d7145baa145d6bcd8e2fd79fb0e1fc  Brevity

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
View it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2776/files/ec45d4d0ae1ba095dd56304b4a003551e57f50cb..1b35ffe443d7145baa145d6bcd8e2fd79fb0e1fc

---

From: Mike Bishop <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2019 13:48:20 -0700

Merged #2776 into master.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2776#event-2408678480