Subject: Re: [quicwg/base-drafts] Transport editorial suggestions (#2731)

From: ianswett <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2019 17:44:39 -0700

ianswett commented on this pull request.

Thanks, I'm going to remove that paragraph.

> @@ -1336,11 +1335,7 @@ and sets the SCIL field to indicate the length.
 The first flight of 0-RTT packets use the same Destination and Source Connection
 ID values as the client's first Initial.
 
-The Destination Connection ID field in the server's Initial packet contains a
-connection ID that is chosen by the recipient of the packet (i.e., the client);
-the Source Connection ID includes the connection ID that the sender of the
-packet wishes to use (see {{connection-id}}). The server MUST use consistent
-Source Connection IDs during the handshake.
+The server MUST use consistent Source Connection IDs during the handshake.

Weirdly, this text was already there, see lines 1342/1343.

But I agree, this is clearly incorrect or depends upon the definition of consistent, which I don't believe is worth defining.  I'm going to remove this paragraph.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2731#pullrequestreview-251427194

---

From: ianswett <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2019 17:55:02 -0700

@ianswett pushed 1 commit.

f9c685139e55d8d824747ee306c4d3f079be257e  Update draft-ietf-quic-transport.md

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
View it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2731/files/d42fd36b8a4c94f7f227e6911256256eabc6426a..f9c685139e55d8d824747ee306c4d3f079be257e

---

From: ianswett <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2019 17:58:35 -0700

9e3b8003e45b881c63118427c8a64e37db2297fa  Update draft-ietf-quic-transport.md

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
View it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2731/files/f9c685139e55d8d824747ee306c4d3f079be257e..9e3b8003e45b881c63118427c8a64e37db2297fa

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2019 18:24:21 -0700

martinthomson approved this pull request.

> @@ -1323,26 +1322,20 @@ Destination Connection ID field of packets being sent to them.  Upon receiving a
 packet, each endpoint sets the Destination Connection ID it sends to match the
 value of the Source Connection ID that they receive.
 
-When an Initial packet is sent by a client which has not previously received a
-Retry packet from the server, it populates the Destination Connection ID field
-with an unpredictable value.  This MUST be at least 8 bytes in length. Until a
-packet is received from the server, the client MUST use the same value unless it
-abandons the connection attempt and starts a new one. The initial Destination
-Connection ID is used to determine packet protection keys for Initial packets.
+When an Initial packet is sent by a client which has not previously received an

```suggestion
When an Initial packet is sent by a client that has not previously received an
```

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2731#pullrequestreview-252043148

---

From: ianswett <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2019 10:48:00 -0700

fc2f166590b73da2e81ddf5926138fdf9cd60d90  Update draft-ietf-quic-transport.md

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
View it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2731/files/9e3b8003e45b881c63118427c8a64e37db2297fa..fc2f166590b73da2e81ddf5926138fdf9cd60d90

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2019 15:22:17 -0700

Merged #2731 into master.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2731#event-2439106219