Subject: Re: [quicwg/base-drafts] Request to Retire Locally Issued CIDs (#2769)

From: Igor Lubashev <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 01 Jul 2019 00:18:36 -0700

igorlord commented on this pull request.

> @@ -994,6 +994,19 @@ packets sent from only one local address.  An endpoint that migrates away from a
 local address SHOULD retire all connection IDs used on that address once it no
 longer plans to use that address.
 
+An endpoint can request that its peer retire connection IDs by sending a
+NEW_CONNECTION_ID frame with an increased Retire Prior To field.  Upon receipt,
+the peer SHOULD retire the corresponding connection IDs and send the
+corresponding RETIRE_CONNECTION_ID frames in a timely manner.  Failing to do so
+can cause packets to be delayed, lost, or cause the original endpoint to send a
+stateless reset in response to a connection ID it can no longer route correctly.
+
+An endpoint MAY discard a connection ID for which retirement has been requested
+once an interval of no less than 3 PTO has elapsed since an acknowledgement is
+received for the NEW_CONNECTION_ID frame requesting that retirement.  Subsequent
+incoming packets using that connection ID will elicit a response with the

Yes, that's right.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2769#discussion_r298909143

---

From: Nick Banks <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 01 Jul 2019 06:58:27 -0700

@nibanks pushed 1 commit.

81bef6ee83ba699dee2d4cbc036023f31b469054  More suggestions

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
View it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2769/files/8cbcebf6ccafee170693188161e402506f2d2ef7..81bef6ee83ba699dee2d4cbc036023f31b469054

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 07 Jul 2019 18:48:53 -0700

Merged #2769 into master.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2769#event-2464709955