Subject: [quicwg/base-drafts] Reserved frame types and the other reserved frame types (#2997)

From: Mike Bishop <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2019 12:37:57 -0700

Fixes #2692, fixes #2693.

So it turns out that there are two different things called &quot;reserved frame types&quot; in HTTP/3.  There are the types reserved for greasing, and there are the types reserved to minimize confusion at code point overlap with HTTP/2.  This PR makes three changes, separable if there&#39;s controversy:
- Adds &quot;Reserved&quot; to the frame type table, pointing to the Reserved Types section, and indicates they can be sent on all stream types.
- Clarifies in the Reserved section that GREASE frames can be sent on any open stream
- Calls out the reserved-for-H2 types as MUST NOT send, MAY error.
- Clarifies in the Extensibility section that, while you ignore frame types you don&#39;t know, you don&#39;t ignore that it wasn&#39;t the frame you were expecting if a particular type was required to be in that position.
You can view, comment on, or merge this pull request online at:

  https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2997

-- Commit Summary --

  * Additional clarity on reserved frame types and the other reserved frame types

-- File Changes --

    M draft-ietf-quic-http.md (20)

-- Patch Links --

https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2997.patch
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2997.diff

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2997

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2019 14:26:04 -0700

martinthomson approved this pull request.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2997#pullrequestreview-281112578

---

From: Dmitri Tikhonov <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2019 09:05:00 -0700

dtikhonov approved this pull request.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2997#pullrequestreview-282121160