Subject: [quicwg/base-drafts] Forbid duplicate setting identifiers. (#2979)

From: Bence Béky <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2019 07:32:42 -0700

I assume the intention was to forbid the same setting identifier
occurring multiple times in a SETTINGS frame, regardless of the values.
However, since a parameter is defined as an identifier-value pair, the
current text does not forbid duplicate identifiers if the values are
different.
You can view, comment on, or merge this pull request online at:

  https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2979

-- Commit Summary --

  * Forbid duplicate setting identifiers.

-- File Changes --

    M draft-ietf-quic-http.md (6)

-- Patch Links --

https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2979.patch
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2979.diff

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2979

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2019 19:25:13 -0700

martinthomson approved this pull request.

An alternative below.  But this is good either way.

> @@ -1340,9 +1340,9 @@ Different values for the same parameter can be advertised by each peer. For
 example, a client might be willing to consume a very large response header,
 while servers are more cautious about request size.
 
-Parameters MUST NOT occur more than once in the SETTINGS frame.  A receiver MAY
-treat the presence of the same parameter more than once as a connection error of
-type HTTP_SETTINGS_ERROR.
+Setting identifiers MUST NOT occur more than once in the SETTINGS frame.  A

```suggestion
The same setting identifier MUST NOT occur more than once in the SETTINGS frame.  A
```

> @@ -1340,9 +1340,9 @@ Different values for the same parameter can be advertised by each peer. For
 example, a client might be willing to consume a very large response header,
 while servers are more cautious about request size.
 
-Parameters MUST NOT occur more than once in the SETTINGS frame.  A receiver MAY
-treat the presence of the same parameter more than once as a connection error of
-type HTTP_SETTINGS_ERROR.
+Setting identifiers MUST NOT occur more than once in the SETTINGS frame.  A
+receiver MAY treat the presence of the same setting identifier more than once as

```suggestion
receiver MAY treat the presence of duplicate setting identifiers as
```

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2979#pullrequestreview-277529258

---

From: Bence Béky <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2019 04:37:09 -0700

@bencebeky pushed 1 commit.

25de0d413517281b313622990d84294a5ebf6d35  Apply suggestions from code review

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
View it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2979/files/6136094f8c54a5752125d9e93739abfefac9fe54..25de0d413517281b313622990d84294a5ebf6d35

---

From: Mike Bishop <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2019 07:46:34 -0700

MikeBishop approved this pull request.

Looks fine to me, module the line length.

-Parameters MUST NOT occur more than once in the SETTINGS frame.  A receiver MAY
-treat the presence of the same parameter more than once as a connection error of
-type HTTP_SETTINGS_ERROR.
+The same setting identifier MUST NOT occur more than once in the SETTINGS frame.  A

Need to rewrap to fix the build break, I think.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2979#pullrequestreview-277847350

---

From: Bence Béky <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2019 08:36:04 -0700

9465c96c84dca99eb06671c749c41451121f5c3c  Reflow text.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
View it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2979/files/25de0d413517281b313622990d84294a5ebf6d35..9465c96c84dca99eb06671c749c41451121f5c3c

---

From: Kazuho Oku <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2019 23:01:42 -0700

kazuho approved this pull request.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2979#pullrequestreview-278808489

---

From: ianswett <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 24 Aug 2019 18:16:37 -0700

ianswett approved this pull request.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2979#pullrequestreview-279315779

---

From: Mike Bishop <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2019 12:14:04 -0700

Merged #2979 into master.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2979#event-2584697430