Subject: [quicwg/base-drafts] Add headings to Security Considerations (#2975)

From: Mike Bishop <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2019 11:07:53 -0700

Fixes #2444.

The initial request was simply to add sub-headings.  I still feel like Security Considerations is a bit of a hodge-podge, and would welcome concrete suggestions or PRs for tightening it up.
You can view, comment on, or merge this pull request online at:

  https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2975

-- Commit Summary --

  * Add headings to Security Considerations

-- File Changes --

    M draft-ietf-quic-http.md (20)

-- Patch Links --

https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2975.patch
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2975.diff

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2975

---

From: Lucas Pardue <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2019 11:23:41 -0700

LPardue approved this pull request.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2975#pullrequestreview-276101245

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 18 Aug 2019 18:20:18 -0700

martinthomson approved this pull request.

 When HTTP Alternative Services is used for discovery for HTTP/3 endpoints, the
 security considerations of {{!ALTSVC}} also apply.
 
+## Traffic Analysis
+
+Where HTTP/2 employs PADDING frames and Padding fields in other frames to make a
+connection more resistant to traffic analysis, HTTP/3 can either rely on
+transport-layer padding or employ the reserved frame and stream types discussed
+in {{frame-grease}} and {{stream-grease}}.  This provides slightly different
+granularities of padding and may involve different control surfaces.

These methods of padding produce different results in terms of the granularity of padding, the effect of packet loss and recovery, and how an implementation might control padding.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2975#pullrequestreview-276309004

---

From: Mike Bishop <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2019 08:43:10 -0700

@MikeBishop pushed 1 commit.

7335c65b8c583adbc8f0faba8dd9a1f97b0c485b  Martin's suggested wording

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
View it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2975/files/198223026dbbc0665159b12faf8127065f7287b4..7335c65b8c583adbc8f0faba8dd9a1f97b0c485b

---

From: ianswett <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2019 14:51:58 -0700

ianswett approved this pull request.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2975#pullrequestreview-277461229

---

From: Mike Bishop <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2019 15:02:18 -0700

Merged #2975 into master.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2975#event-2588626619