Subject: [quicwg/base-drafts] Repair rules for NEW_TOKEN (#2961)

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 08 Aug 2019 20:58:53 -0700

Closes #2871.
You can view, comment on, or merge this pull request online at:

  https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2961

-- Commit Summary --

  * Repair rules for NEW_TOKEN

-- File Changes --

    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md (4)

-- Patch Links --

https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2961.patch
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2961.diff

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2961

---

From: Marten Seemann <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 08 Aug 2019 21:06:16 -0700

marten-seemann approved this pull request.

LGTM, but do we need some text saying that when receiving a NEW_TOKEN frame, you MUST make sure that it's not a duplicate? Otherwise, a client might just save the token twice, and effectively reuse the token.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2961#pullrequestreview-272936118

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 08 Aug 2019 21:22:57 -0700

Is that not implied by the text here?

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2961#issuecomment-519771755

---

From: Marten Seemann <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 08 Aug 2019 21:57:59 -0700

Kind of, but this text talks about the sender's perspective.
Furthermore, checking for duplicates is inherently racy if you're using tokens for new connections while the old connection is still alive.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2961#issuecomment-519778125

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2019 19:56:03 -0700

@martinthomson pushed 1 commit.

0594924c736396274c1426de42271cf4e07f1a8f  Dedupe

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
View it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2961/files/85bcedf9dd8467b6450a6bb169f5b7a2ef0f91bd..0594924c736396274c1426de42271cf4e07f1a8f

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2019 19:57:44 -0700

You know, I think that I put some proposed fixes for this in c016639e39c with rather than this branch.  Moved it over here.  @marten-seemann, you approved #2962, so I hope that moving that commit over here works for you.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2961#issuecomment-521866536

---

From: ianswett <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2019 06:47:23 -0700

ianswett approved this pull request.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2961#pullrequestreview-275959110

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 18 Aug 2019 18:03:24 -0700

Merged #2961 into master.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2961#event-2564791039