Subject: [quicwg/base-drafts] Simplify ChaCha20 interface (#2990)

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2019 03:50:32 -0700

The nonce can just be opaque bytes.

The block counter is tricky, as noted in the issue.  The "obvious"
choice is little-endian, as that is consistent with the philosophy of
the designer (as I understand it), but that is not anything more than a
guess.

Absent strong evidence that big-endian is a better choice, I'm going to
err on the side of not making a substantive change here.  But I think
that we need a consensus call to support that viewpoint.

Closes #2171.
You can view, comment on, or merge this pull request online at:

  https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2990

-- Commit Summary --

  * Simplify ChaCha20 interface

-- File Changes --

    M draft-ietf-quic-tls.md (8)

-- Patch Links --

https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2990.patch
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2990.diff

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2990