Subject: [quicwg/base-drafts] Update Stream Commitment Attack example (#2965)

From: tandf <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2019 00:12:47 -0700

The Stream Commitment Attack part was added in draft-ietf-quic-transport-03, when unidirectional streams were not used.

In draft-ietf-quic-transport-08, streams were split into unidirectional and bidirectional, but this example of stream commitment attack was missed.
You can view, comment on, or merge this pull request online at:

  https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2965

-- Commit Summary --

  * Update Stream Commitment Attack example

-- File Changes --

    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md (2)

-- Patch Links --

https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2965.patch
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2965.diff

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2965

---

From: Marten Seemann <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2019 01:02:00 -0700

marten-seemann approved this pull request.

> @@ -5509,7 +5509,7 @@ However, when several streams are initiated at short intervals, transmission
 error may cause STREAM DATA frames opening streams to be received out of

s/STREAM DATA frames/STREAM frames/

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2965#pullrequestreview-273549632

---

From: tandf <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2019 01:17:55 -0700

@tandf pushed 1 commit.

ddf1c1f7631dc1cbd28439045ea5dfb30d9e2165  s/STREAM DATA frames/STREAM frames/

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
View it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2965/files/9d4aa1894cdfa44e68a5bc7ebe9fcf27dfdb337a..ddf1c1f7631dc1cbd28439045ea5dfb30d9e2165

---

From: Marten Seemann <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2019 01:29:09 -0700

marten-seemann commented on this pull request.

>  sequence.  A receiver is obligated to open intervening streams if a
 higher-numbered stream ID is received.  Thus, on a new connection, opening
-stream 2000001 opens 1 million streams, as required by the specification.
+stream 4000000 opens 1 million streams, as required by the specification.

1 million and 1, to be precise ;)

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2965#pullrequestreview-273560493

---

From: tandf <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2019 01:40:53 -0700

@tandf pushed 1 commit.

f0692e9286b60c85631b415089341d54cfaf186c  1,000,001 streams to be precise

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
View it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2965/files/ddf1c1f7631dc1cbd28439045ea5dfb30d9e2165..f0692e9286b60c85631b415089341d54cfaf186c

---

From: Jana Iyengar <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2019 15:41:14 -0700

@janaiyengar pushed 1 commit.

68126deabcb9cb2d36bbf8239e1892660a449d38  Editorial clean-up

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
View it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2965/files/f0692e9286b60c85631b415089341d54cfaf186c..68126deabcb9cb2d36bbf8239e1892660a449d38

---

From: Jana Iyengar <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2019 15:42:36 -0700

Thanks, @tandf! I've done some editorializing, and merging.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2965#issuecomment-520621762

---

From: Jana Iyengar <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2019 15:42:47 -0700

Merged #2965 into master.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2965#event-2551708654