Subject: [quicwg/base-drafts] 36609c: Simplify ChaCha20 interface

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2019 03:47:00 -0700

Branch: refs/heads/chacha-simple
  Home:   https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts
  Commit: 36609c20e66663a11a678b30f5d0330b11bba62c
      https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/commit/36609c20e66663a11a678b30f5d0330b11bba62c
  Author: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
  Date:   2019-08-26 (Mon, 26 Aug 2019)

  Changed paths:
    M draft-ietf-quic-tls.md

  Log Message:
  -----------
  Simplify ChaCha20 interface

The nonce can just be opaque bytes.

The block counter is tricky, as noted in the issue.  The "obvious"
choice is little-endian, as that is consistent with the philosophy of
the designer (as I understand it), but that is not anything more than a
guess.

Absent strong evidence that big-endian is a better choice, I'm going to
err on the side of not making a substantive change here.  But I think
that we need a consensus call to support that viewpoint.

Closes #2171.