Subject: Re: [quicwg/base-drafts] HTTP Upgrade in H3 is silliness (#2898)

From: Mike Bishop <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 02 Aug 2019 12:08:50 -0700

Is it worth adding a reference to RFC 8441?  That's an alternative that covers what people looking for this functionality were probably trying to do.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2898#issuecomment-517812801

---

From: Lucas Pardue <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 06 Aug 2019 16:40:55 -0700

That's a good point, let me craft something up and I'll update the PR soon.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2898#issuecomment-518882944

---

From: Mike Bishop <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2019 15:08:42 -0700

Ping @LPardue, unless you'd like me to take it over.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2898#issuecomment-525502432

---

From: Lucas Pardue <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2019 15:20:52 -0700

I'll get an update out tomorrow

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2898#issuecomment-525505677

---

From: Lucas Pardue <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2019 02:58:28 -0700

I'm actually not convinced that referencing 8441 will help clarify things here because the extension is H2 specific. No H3-equivalent exists (or at least, no H3 setting to enable the equivalent CONNECT behaviour exists). 

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2898#issuecomment-525673259

---

From: Daniel Stenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2019 03:02:52 -0700

I agree. I think referencing 8441 might just add to the confusion - even if something *like* 8441 certainly can be introduced.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2898#issuecomment-525674767

---

From: Lucas Pardue <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2019 03:05:14 -0700

Some others have shown interest for defining/framing this capability in HTTP/3. I think that activity should consider ore broadly what text makes sense in the core document.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2898#issuecomment-525675609

---

From: Mike Bishop <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2019 07:55:42 -0700

Fair enough.  Let's merge the rebased version, then, and leave the right way to do this for an H3 extension.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2898#issuecomment-525783079

---

From: Mike Bishop <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2019 07:56:15 -0700

Merged #2898 into master.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2898#event-2590855985