Subject: [quicwg/base-drafts] What's the difference of closing and resetting a stream? (#2971)

From: Yunpeng Luo <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2019 23:53:43 -0700

In draft-ietf-quic-http-22

> A sender can close or reset a unidirectional stream unless otherwise
   specified.  A receiver MUST tolerate unidirectional streams being
   closed or reset prior to the reception of the unidirectional stream
   header.

Is there a difference between closing a stream and resetting a stream?
According to my understanding, the only way here for the peer to end a stream is by sending a RESET_STREAM frame. Sure it can lalso end the stream by closing the connection, but obviously it's not what the text means.
Maybe the difference between these two terms needs to be clarified, if there is any.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2971

---

From: Lucas Pardue <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2019 03:43:56 -0700

In this case, the peer could close the stream with a FIN.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2971#issuecomment-521968060

---

From: Yunpeng Luo <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2019 04:25:56 -0700

Thank you for your reply. I forgot FIN. So the peer can send a QUIC STERAM frame, whose Stream Data field has a length of 0 to close the stream. Thanks again.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2971#issuecomment-521977449

---

From: Yunpeng Luo <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2019 04:25:56 -0700

Closed #2971.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2971#event-2562043335