Subject: [quicwg/base-drafts] Stateless reset too (#2968)

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2019 19:29:51 -0700

This forbids the use of duplicate stateless reset tokens.

It also cleans up some of the related language about matching of tokens.

Closes #2669, #2785.
You can view, comment on, or merge this pull request online at:

  https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2968

-- Commit Summary --

  * Better narrow stateless reset token validity
  * Only active connection IDs are relevant
  * Forbid use of duplicate stateless reset tokens

-- File Changes --

    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md (32)

-- Patch Links --

https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2968.patch
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2968.diff

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2968

---

From: Marten Seemann <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2019 20:46:02 -0700

marten-seemann approved this pull request.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2968#pullrequestreview-275250223

---

From: David Schinazi <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2019 09:10:41 -0700

DavidSchinazi approved this pull request.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2968#pullrequestreview-275525129

---

From: ianswett <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2019 09:38:09 -0700

ianswett approved this pull request.

> @@ -2353,12 +2353,14 @@ endpoint that wishes to communicate a fatal connection error MUST use a
 CONNECTION_CLOSE frame if it has sufficient state to do so.
 
 To support this process, a token is sent by endpoints.  The token is carried in
-the NEW_CONNECTION_ID frame sent by either peer, and servers can specify the
-stateless_reset_token transport parameter during the handshake (clients cannot
-because their transport parameters don't have confidentiality protection).  This
-value is protected by encryption, so only client and server know this value.
-Tokens are invalidated when their associated connection ID is retired via a
-RETIRE_CONNECTION_ID frame ({{frame-retire-connection-id}}).
+the Stateless Reset Token field of a NEW_CONNECTION_ID frame.  Servers can also
+specify a stateless_reset_token transport parameter during the handshake that
+applies to the connection ID that it select during the handshake; clients cannot

```suggestion
applies to the connection ID that it selected during the handshake; clients cannot
```

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2968#pullrequestreview-275538103

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2019 14:18:07 -0700

@martinthomson pushed 1 commit.

5c3d4030cd5570016442f4f71b2b5cf0d1f4d694  Grammar

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
View it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2968/files/57bb6b81d6ce543695da8b58c41e627690410d1f..5c3d4030cd5570016442f4f71b2b5cf0d1f4d694

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2019 16:27:55 -0700

2357b2c7b415a68bc0654cec7a7e59aa19b0c303  wrap

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
View it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2968/files/5c3d4030cd5570016442f4f71b2b5cf0d1f4d694..2357b2c7b415a68bc0654cec7a7e59aa19b0c303

---

From: Mike Bishop <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2019 07:18:41 -0700

MikeBishop approved this pull request.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2968#pullrequestreview-276590667