Subject: [quicwg/base-drafts] DCID in short headers (#2991)

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2019 03:57:50 -0700

Invariants text was unclear on where the Destination Connection ID field
was and how big it could be.

Closes #2335.
You can view, comment on, or merge this pull request online at:

  https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2991

-- Commit Summary --

  * DCID in short headers

-- File Changes --

    M draft-ietf-quic-invariants.md (7)

-- Patch Links --

https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2991.patch
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2991.diff

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2991

---

From: Marten Seemann <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2019 04:05:51 -0700

marten-seemann approved this pull request.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2991#pullrequestreview-279529253

---

From: ianswett <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2019 22:20:51 -0700

ianswett approved this pull request.

One editorial suggestion, but LG

> @@ -194,9 +194,10 @@ version-specific semantics are marked with an X.
 
 A QUIC packet with a short header has the high bit of the first byte set to 0.
 
-A QUIC packet with a short header includes a Destination Connection ID.  The
-short header does not include the Connection ID Lengths, Source Connection ID,
-or Version fields.
+A QUIC packet with a short header includes a Destination Connection ID
+immediately following the first byte.  The short header does not include the
+Connection ID Lengths, Source Connection ID, or Version fields.  The length of
+the Destination Connection ID is not constrained in packets with a short header.

```suggestion
the Destination Connection ID is not specified or constrained in packets with a short header.
```

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2991#pullrequestreview-279959609

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2019 22:25:28 -0700

@martinthomson pushed 1 commit.

7119afb175aecc071b73857f349d6c258e266795  Ian's suggestion

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
View it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2991/files/fede0969fc2c5f113039d0367e2cc27f902682ef..7119afb175aecc071b73857f349d6c258e266795

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2019 15:14:38 -0700

Merged #2991 into master.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2991#event-2588651163