Subject: [quicwg/base-drafts] Perform stateless reset token comparisons in constant time (#2993)

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2019 20:29:47 -0700

Otherwise information about the token might leak.

As @mikkelfj says, there is no strict need to compare across the entire
set of values.  That could leaks two things: that the inbound packet was
dropped and the total number of stateless reset tokens.  Both are things
that we might care about, but will probably find prohibitive to protect.

Closes #2152.
You can view, comment on, or merge this pull request online at:

  https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2993

-- Commit Summary --

  * Perform stateless reset token comparisons in constant time

-- File Changes --

    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md (16)

-- Patch Links --

https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2993.patch
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2993.diff

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2993

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2019 20:30:13 -0700

On consideration, I'm going to make this a design issue so that it gets under noses.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2993#issuecomment-525121622

---

From: Mike Bishop <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2019 08:43:50 -0700

MikeBishop approved this pull request.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2993#pullrequestreview-280293079