Subject: [quicwg/base-drafts] e686f9: Forbid Handshake key discarding

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2019 16:28:44 -0700

Branch: refs/heads/keep-hs-keys
  Home:   https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts
  Commit: e686f9ee4b806a918db1231a7bf5b7c96a621826
      https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/commit/e686f9ee4b806a918db1231a7bf5b7c96a621826
  Author: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
  Date:   2019-10-17 (Thu, 17 Oct 2019)

  Changed paths:
    M draft-ietf-quic-tls.md

  Log Message:
  -----------
  Forbid Handshake key discarding

After many iterations of solutions to this problem, we have decided to
first forbid discard.  We would like to have a concrete discard point,
but we couldn't agree on one that was provably safe.

If we can come up with a mechanism for discarding earlier, or a signal
that comes earlier than the end of the connection, we will first
carefully look at it, but we might accept further changes.

Closes #2863.