Subject: [quicwg/base-drafts] Make transport parameters varint (#3169)

From: David Schinazi <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2019 15:50:24 -0700

Now that transport parameters are represented using QUIC encoding (as opposed to TLS presentation language), the remaining 16-bit fields stick out like sore thumbs. This PR makes transport parameters consistent with the rest of the document.
You can view, comment on, or merge this pull request online at:

  https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3169

-- Commit Summary --

  * make transport parameters varint

-- File Changes --

    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md (98)

-- Patch Links --

https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3169.patch
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3169.diff

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3169

---

From: Rui Paulo <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2019 15:55:09 -0700

rpaulo approved this pull request.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3169#pullrequestreview-308882322

---

From: Nick Banks <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2019 16:35:27 -0700

nibanks approved this pull request.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3169#pullrequestreview-308895105

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2019 16:38:04 -0700

martinthomson commented on this pull request.

I thought that we had consensus to leave these alone.

I do have one comment in the spirit of the PR though.

> @@ -4571,10 +4565,14 @@ preferred_address (0x000d):
 +                                                               +
 |                                                               |
 +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
+| CID Length (8)|

I think that this change is unnecessary, but you missed a varint.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3169#pullrequestreview-308895718

---

From: David Schinazi <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2019 16:39:51 -0700

DavidSchinazi commented on this pull request.

 +                                                               +
 |                                                               |

Connection ID lengths use a 1-byte encoding throughout the document (long headers, NEW_CONNECTION_ID). I'd rather keep this consistent.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3169#discussion_r340375849

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2019 16:46:38 -0700

+                                                               +
 |                                                               |

Ahh, right.  In consistency FTW.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3169#discussion_r340377509