Subject: [quicwg/base-drafts] Fix bug in Insert Count Increment description. (#3132)

From: Bence Béky <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2019 16:37:13 -0700

Fixes issue 3082.

This PR fixes the race condition and clarifies that both endpoints must
keep track of the Known Received Count.
You can view, comment on, or merge this pull request online at:

  https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3132

-- Commit Summary --

  * Fix bug in Insert Count Increment description.

-- File Changes --

    M draft-ietf-quic-qpack.md (47)

-- Patch Links --

https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3132.patch
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3132.diff

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3132

---

From: Mike Bishop <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2019 08:37:08 -0700

MikeBishop approved this pull request.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3132#pullrequestreview-307943003

---

From: afrind <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2019 14:10:10 -0700

afrind commented on this pull request.

-If a header block was potentially blocking, the encoder infers from receiving a
-Header Acknowledgement instruction ({{header-acknowledgement}}) that the decoder
-has received all dynamic table state necessary to process that header block.  If
-the Required Insert Count of the acknowledged header block is greater than the
-current Known Received Count, the encoder updates the Known Received Count to
-the value of the Required Insert Count of the acknowledged header block.
+The Known Received Count is the total number of acknowledged dynamic table
+insertions and duplications.  It is updated using Header Acknowledgement

I'm not sure it was wrong before to say it's the number acknowledged by the decoder.   The decoder updates as it acknowledges, the encoder updates as it receives acknowledgements.  Without it, you need to read further to clarify that this is not the insert+dup count as sent by the encoder.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3132#pullrequestreview-308833858

---

From: Bence Béky <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2019 08:55:50 -0700

bencebeky commented on this pull request.

That's a good point.  I'm reverting most of this paragraph.  Sorry for the churn.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3132#discussion_r340705108

---

From: Bence Béky <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2019 08:56:12 -0700

@bencebeky pushed 2 commits.

de3609e466c114100b25fe6850bb2ba12932c78b  Revert some changes.
0a9404941cfe098db17531c5ac030953c542f9ee  Merge remote-tracking branch 'upstream/master' into bencebeky-qpack-known-received-count

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
View it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3132/files/346d3e3cffb950b168162c656914b4d52121ccd8..0a9404941cfe098db17531c5ac030953c542f9ee

---

From: Bence Béky <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2019 08:56:47 -0700

@bencebeky pushed 1 commit.

3bf0738a3b356a35d7461ca350a3c9e71ff61152  Remove unnecessarily inserted blank line.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
View it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3132/files/0a9404941cfe098db17531c5ac030953c542f9ee..3bf0738a3b356a35d7461ca350a3c9e71ff61152