Subject: Re: [quicwg/base-drafts] Backoff on CONNECTION_CLOSE (#3157)

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 05 Nov 2019 15:47:15 -0800

martinthomson commented on this pull request.

> @@ -2379,15 +2379,23 @@ terminate the connection immediately.  A CONNECTION_CLOSE frame causes all
 streams to immediately become closed; open streams can be assumed to be
 implicitly reset.
 
-After sending a CONNECTION_CLOSE frame, endpoints immediately enter the closing
-state.  During the closing period, an endpoint that sends a CONNECTION_CLOSE
-frame SHOULD respond to any packet that it receives with another packet
-containing a CONNECTION_CLOSE frame.  To minimize the state that an endpoint
-maintains for a closing connection, endpoints MAY send the exact same packet.
-However, endpoints SHOULD limit the number of packets they generate containing a
-CONNECTION_CLOSE frame.  For instance, an endpoint could progressively increase
-the number of packets that it receives before sending additional packets or
-increase the time between packets.
+After sending a CONNECTION_CLOSE frame, an endpoint immediately enters the
+closing state.
+
+During the closing period, an endpoint that sends a CONNECTION_CLOSE frame
+SHOULD respond to any incoming packet that can be decrypted with another packet

This is just because you have a cleaner split between decrypting and not here.  It's OK.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3157#discussion_r342855409

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Nov 2019 17:01:44 -0800

Merged #3157 into master.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3157#event-2840090037