Subject: [quicwg/base-drafts] Add Retry CID change requirement to transport changelog (#3203)

From: Dmitri Tikhonov <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 07 Nov 2019 10:47:20 -0800

You can view, comment on, or merge this pull request online at:

  https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3203

-- Commit Summary --

  * Add Retry CID change requirement to transport changelog

-- File Changes --

    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md (1)

-- Patch Links --

https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3203.patch
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3203.diff

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3203

---

From: ianswett <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2019 08:55:35 -0800

ianswett commented on this pull request.

This issue documents an existing requirement, so it's not actually a design change, and the issue is labeled editorial.  So I don't think we need to add this to the changelog, but we could and instead say "Document why servers have to change Connection IDs in Retry."

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3203#pullrequestreview-315026640

---

From: Dmitri Tikhonov <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2019 08:57:16 -0800

> I don't think we need to add this to the changelog,

OK.

> but we could and instead say "Document why servers have to change Connection IDs in Retry."

Where would we do that if we closed this PR?

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3203#issuecomment-552525666

---

From: ianswett <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2019 08:58:43 -0800

I was saying we could do that in this PR.  But it's really @martinthomson and @janaiyengar call, since they're the transport editors.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3203#issuecomment-552526214

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2019 13:22:26 -0800

This was previously unclear.  So we don't *have* to list it as a change, but the entry is harmless.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3203#issuecomment-552621922

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2019 13:22:32 -0800

Merged #3203 into master.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3203#event-2789357216