Subject: Re: [quicwg/base-drafts] Prevent Idle Timeout while Blocked (#3266)

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2019 15:18:24 -0800

@martinthomson pushed 1 commit.

651c4e4fa66697ae35bee3b2585e65457a2e7df5  Apply editorial suggestions

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
View it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3266/files/f3e1f901ebe2d1f20bce40b350ea4a7af2c18726..651c4e4fa66697ae35bee3b2585e65457a2e7df5

---

From: Jana Iyengar <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2019 15:20:39 -0800

janaiyengar approved this pull request.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3266#pullrequestreview-330211797

---

From: Marten Seemann <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2019 20:54:35 -0800

marten-seemann approved this pull request.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3266#pullrequestreview-330297609

---

From: ianswett <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2019 06:31:30 -0800

ianswett approved this pull request.

Still LGTM

> @@ -785,13 +785,11 @@ flow control limits.
 If a sender runs out of flow control credit, it will be unable to send new data
 and is considered blocked.  A sender SHOULD send a STREAM_DATA_BLOCKED or
 DATA_BLOCKED frame to indicate it has data to write but is blocked by flow
-control limits.  These frames are expected to be sent infrequently in common
-cases, but they are considered useful for debugging and monitoring purposes.
-
-A sender SHOULD NOT send multiple STREAM_DATA_BLOCKED or DATA_BLOCKED frames
-for the same data limit, unless the original frame is determined to be lost.
-Another STREAM_DATA_BLOCKED or DATA_BLOCKED frame can be sent after the data
-limit is increased.
+control limits.  If a sender is blocked for a period longer than the idle
+timeout ({{idle-timeout}}), the connection might get closed even when data is

```suggestion
timeout ({{idle-timeout}}), the connection might be closed even when data is
```

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3266#pullrequestreview-330580367

---

From: Nick Banks <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2019 06:42:08 -0800

@nibanks pushed 1 commit.

e3ea21a0ae64d7050c052d1b42d34b5ff704d031  Ian's suggestion

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
View it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3266/files/651c4e4fa66697ae35bee3b2585e65457a2e7df5..e3ea21a0ae64d7050c052d1b42d34b5ff704d031