Subject: [quicwg/base-drafts] Remove duplicated CONNECTION_CLOSE rules (#3295)

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2019 15:46:02 -0800

You can view, comment on, or merge this pull request online at:

  https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3295

-- Commit Summary --

  * Remove duplicated CONNECTION_CLOSE rules

-- File Changes --

    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md (9)

-- Patch Links --

https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3295.patch
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3295.diff

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3295

---

From: ianswett <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2019 16:25:51 -0800

ianswett approved this pull request.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3295#pullrequestreview-330233395

---

From: Jana Iyengar <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2019 19:29:19 -0800

janaiyengar commented on this pull request.

> @@ -2489,7 +2483,8 @@ least one of them is processable by the client.  Similarly, a peer might be
 unable to read 1-RTT packets, so an endpoint SHOULD send CONNECTION_CLOSE in
 Handshake and 1-RTT packets prior to confirming the handshake; see Section 4.1.2
 of {{QUIC-TLS}}.  These packets can be coalesced into a single UDP datagram; see
-{{packet-coalesce}}.
+{{packet-coalesce}}.  After the handshake is confirmed, an endpoint MUST send

```suggestion
{{packet-coalesce}}.

After the handshake is confirmed, an endpoint MUST send
```

> @@ -2489,7 +2483,8 @@ least one of them is processable by the client.  Similarly, a peer might be
 unable to read 1-RTT packets, so an endpoint SHOULD send CONNECTION_CLOSE in
 Handshake and 1-RTT packets prior to confirming the handshake; see Section 4.1.2
 of {{QUIC-TLS}}.  These packets can be coalesced into a single UDP datagram; see
-{{packet-coalesce}}.
+{{packet-coalesce}}.  After the handshake is confirmed, an endpoint MUST send

I would also suggest moving this up to the earlier para after the sentence "Generally, this means sending the frame in a packet with the highest level of packet protection to avoid the packet being discarded.". Then, change the beginning of the next sentence to "However, prior to handshake confirmation ...".

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3295#pullrequestreview-330279718

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2019 19:57:47 -0800

@martinthomson pushed 1 commit.

48958a7cc07f1732fb374648b44e99663c6b1159  Move the retained sentence higher instead

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
View it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3295/files/a35f3c43cbf793ba9da502361d9568615124f492..48958a7cc07f1732fb374648b44e99663c6b1159

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2019 19:58:25 -0800

martinthomson commented on this pull request.

Yep, that makes more sense.  Thanks.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3295#discussion_r356393439

---

From: Jana Iyengar <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2019 20:01:59 -0800

janaiyengar approved this pull request.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3295#pullrequestreview-330287361

---

From: Jana Iyengar <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2019 20:02:11 -0800

Merged #3295 into master.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3295#event-2872863776