Subject: [quicwg/base-drafts] Drop unnecessary indefinite article (#3376)

From: Dmitri Tikhonov <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2020 06:23:32 -0800

You can view, comment on, or merge this pull request online at:

  https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3376

-- Commit Summary --

  * Drop unnecessary indefinite article

-- File Changes --

    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md (2)

-- Patch Links --

https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3376.patch
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3376.diff

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3376

---

From: Mike Bishop <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2020 09:13:18 -0800

Is "AEAD" a thing, or a descriptor?  I read the original as "an AEAD [algorithm]", but this change seems to consider AEAD as a technique which can be applied.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3376#issuecomment-577289946

---

From: Dmitri Tikhonov <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2020 10:38:15 -0800

I modeled this on the previous sentence that says (italics added):

> All QUIC packets [...] use _authenticated encryption with additional data_ [...]

Note the absence of "an" in front of the italicized text.  The "AEAD" in the second sentence is simply another way to write "authenticated encryption with additional data."

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3376#issuecomment-577325440

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2020 15:19:19 -0800

Merged #3376 into master.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3376#event-2971952972