Subject: [quicwg/base-drafts] Don't specify RTT in HTTP (#3358)

From: Mike Bishop <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2020 12:28:09 -0800

Fixes #3346, using mostly the text proposed in that issue.
You can view, comment on, or merge this pull request online at:

  https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3358

-- Commit Summary --

  * Don&#39;t specify RTT

-- File Changes --

    M draft-ietf-quic-http.md (7)

-- Patch Links --

https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3358.patch
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3358.diff

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3358

---

From: Lucas Pardue <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2020 12:31:10 -0800

LPardue approved this pull request.

Thanks!

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3358#pullrequestreview-344825044

---

From: Kazuho Oku <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2020 14:51:35 -0800

kazuho commented on this pull request.

LGTM modulo the point below.

> @@ -732,9 +732,10 @@ initial GOAWAY frame with the last Stream ID set to the maximum possible value
 for a client-initiated, bidirectional stream (i.e. 2^62-4 in case of QUIC
 version 1).  This GOAWAY frame signals to the client that shutdown is imminent
 and that initiating further requests is prohibited.  After allowing time for any
-in-flight requests (at least one round-trip time), the server would send another
-GOAWAY frame with an updated last Stream ID.  This ensures that a connection can
-be cleanly shut down without causing requests to fail.
+in-flight requests to reach the server, the server MAY send another GOAWAY frame
+indicating which requests it will accept before the end of the connection. This

Now that we do not use RFC 2119 keywords in describing the procedure of gracefully shutting down the connection, it might be a good idea to change:
"the server MAY send another GOAWAY frame indicating which requests it will accept before the end of the connection."
to: "the server will send another GOAWAY frame indicating the requests it accepted."

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3358#pullrequestreview-344882871

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 19 Jan 2020 22:23:39 -0800

martinthomson commented on this pull request.

Seems alright.

Don't you mean "can send"?

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3358#pullrequestreview-345097851

---

From: Kazuho Oku <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 19 Jan 2020 22:55:07 -0800

My view has been "server sends" is better than "can send", because this sentence is part of what a server "can" do to gracefully shutdown a connection. But I'll leave that up to the editors.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3358#discussion_r368391328

---

From: ianswett <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2020 11:38:12 -0800

ianswett approved this pull request.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3358#pullrequestreview-345502793

---

From: Mike Bishop <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2020 11:46:39 -0800

MikeBishop commented on this pull request.

Perhaps, but "can" is used other places through this description.  Unless we rewrite the whole thing to be can-free, I'm choosing consistency.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3358#discussion_r368704088

---

From: Mike Bishop <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2020 11:46:41 -0800

@MikeBishop pushed 1 commit.

e123d9fd67e6d90c722d040678a9ce3c19ad8806  Do the can-can

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
View it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3358/files/b35941a745395544be591bd641b9d08d5e9292f0..e123d9fd67e6d90c722d040678a9ce3c19ad8806

---

From: Mike Bishop <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2020 12:01:07 -0800

Merged #3358 into master.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3358#event-2964054502