Subject: [quicwg/base-drafts] Push association (#3359)

From: Mike Bishop <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2020 12:38:14 -0800

Fixes #3334.

I decided to keep this pretty simple and leave the use or lack thereof unspecified, since we already know there&#39;s variation there.  I was hoping to avoid creating conflicts with #3309, but it made more sense to pull the association references into the same paragraph, which that PR also touches.  Sorry, @RyanAtGoogle!

Editorial-ish -- explicitly states a MAY that was previously implicit.
You can view, comment on, or merge this pull request online at:

  https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3359

-- Commit Summary --

  * Push association

-- File Changes --

    M draft-ietf-quic-http.md (11)

-- Patch Links --

https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3359.patch
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3359.diff

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3359

---

From: Ryan Hamilton <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2020 14:32:23 -0800

RyanAtGoogle approved this pull request.

Other than conflicting with #3309 (/me shakes his fist!) this looks good to me. I appreciate the neutrality around the interpretation of association.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3359#pullrequestreview-344876544

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 19 Jan 2020 22:22:44 -0800

martinthomson approved this pull request.

Yeah, this works for me.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3359#pullrequestreview-345097665

---

From: Lucas Pardue <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2020 07:31:38 -0800

IIUC, since this is editorial it be merged before Ryan's PR #3309 that removes DUPLICATE_PUSH in order to solve the design issue #3275 . Once merged, Ryan will need to remove the sentence `The same server push can be associated with additional client requests using a DUPLICATE_PUSH frame (see {{frame-duplicate-push}}).` and the paragraph will still stand correct?

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3359#issuecomment-576324251

---

From: Mike Bishop <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2020 13:18:12 -0800

Instead of just removing the sentence, probably replace it with a sentence about sending multiple PUSH_PROMISES to associate with multiple streams, but basically.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3359#issuecomment-576432912

---

From: Mike Bishop <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2020 12:33:58 -0800

Merged #3359 into master.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3359#event-2967681093