Subject: [quicwg/base-drafts] Improve Idle Timeout text (#3414)

From: ianswett <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 04 Feb 2020 14:58:24 -0800

I believe this is an improvement, though I&#39;m unsure all the comments are included.  PTAL.

Fixes #3184 
You can view, comment on, or merge this pull request online at:

  https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3414

-- Commit Summary --

  * Improve Idle Timeout text

-- File Changes --

    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md (33)

-- Patch Links --

https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3414.patch
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3414.diff

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3414

---

From: Nick Banks <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 04 Feb 2020 15:10:35 -0800

nibanks commented on this pull request.

> +other ack-eliciting frames to test for liveness before sending any data that
+cannot be retried safely.  Note that it is likely that only applications or
+application protocols will know what information can be retried.

I don't understand this "retried safely" concept. What is an example of something unsafe to be retried?

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3414#pullrequestreview-353368526

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2020 15:41:12 -0800

martinthomson approved this pull request.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3414#pullrequestreview-357082657

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2020 15:42:01 -0800

martinthomson commented on this pull request.

You could cite RFC 8470...

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3414#discussion_r377965147