Subject: Re: [quicwg/base-drafts] Editorial: More concise intro text (recovery) (#3380)

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2020 15:45:32 -0800

martinthomson commented on this pull request.

> -of transport and security experience, and implements mechanisms that make it
-attractive as a modern general-purpose transport.  The QUIC protocol is
-described in {{QUIC-TRANSPORT}}.
-
-QUIC implements the spirit of existing TCP congestion control and loss recovery
-mechanisms, described in RFCs, various Internet-drafts, and also those prevalent
-in the Linux TCP implementation.  This document describes QUIC congestion
-control and loss recovery, and where applicable, attributes the TCP equivalent
-in RFCs, Internet-drafts, academic papers, and/or TCP implementations.
-
+QUIC is a new multiplexed and secure transport protocol atop UDP, specified in
+{{QUIC-TRANSPORT}}. This document describes congestion control and loss
+recovery for QUIC. Mechanisms described in this document follow the spirit
+of existing TCP congestion control and loss recovery mechanisms, described in
+RFCs, various Internet-drafts, or academic papers, and also those prevalent in
+the Linux TCP implementation.

Do we need to privilege Linux, or can we simply say "TCP implementations"?

```suggestion
TCP implementations.
```

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3380#pullrequestreview-357089688

---

From: Jana Iyengar <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2020 17:16:34 -0800

@janaiyengar pushed 1 commit.

206ae8519c0eca337314a958ab181b9255b98643  Update draft-ietf-quic-recovery.md

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
View it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3380/files/d8d72ab1e2c156657bc06f07f36585c66bdb06da..206ae8519c0eca337314a958ab181b9255b98643

---

From: Jana Iyengar <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2020 17:21:27 -0800

Merged #3380 into master.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3380#event-3080104241