Subject: [quicwg/base-drafts] RTO in handshake in recovery draft (#3467)

From: mirjak <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2020 09:32:45 -0800

The draft says:
"To allow the client to
   improve its RTT estimate, the new packet that it sends MUST be ack-
   eliciting.  If Handshake keys are available to the client, it MUST
   send a Handshake packet, and otherwise it MUST send an Initial packet
   in a UDP datagram of at least 1200 bytes."
Is the second sentence actually needed (in this draft). What are the other options?

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3467

---

From: mirjak <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2020 09:53:03 -0800

I also just noticed that there is this sentence in the "sending probe packets" section:
"   Alternatively, instead of sending an ack-eliciting packet, the sender
   MAY mark any packets still in flight as lost."

and this sentence in the next "detection loss" section:
"   A PTO timer expiration event does not indicate packet loss and MUST
   NOT cause prior unacknowledged packets to be marked as lost."

So maybe that first sentence should have be removed as well? Not sure what is intended here...?

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3467#issuecomment-587102617