Subject: [quicwg/base-drafts] H3 guidance on CONNECTION_CLOSE does make clear if the type is 0x1c or 0x1d (#3428)

From: Lucas Pardue <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 05 Feb 2020 15:41:08 -0800

Draft 25 section 5.3 says:

> An HTTP/3 implementation can immediately close the QUIC connection at
   any time.  This results in sending a QUIC CONNECTION_CLOSE frame to
   the peer; the error code in this frame indicates to the peer why the
   connection is being closed.

This doesn't specifically tie down H3-initiated closure to only use the application variant of CONNECTION_CLOSE (0x1d). This gets a bit strange when combined with later guidance to use H3 error codes or treat unknown error codes as `H3_NO_ERROR`

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3428

---

From: Mike Bishop <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2020 11:53:08 -0800

Closed #3428 via #3437.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3428#event-3061721133