Subject: [quicwg/base-drafts] HTTP/3: Add RFC8446 reference for TLS 1.3. (#3483)

From: Loganaden Velvindron <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2020 11:10:56 -0800

You can view, comment on, or merge this pull request online at:

  https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3483

-- Commit Summary --

  * Add RFC8446 reference

-- File Changes --

    M draft-ietf-quic-http.md (2)

-- Patch Links --

https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3483.patch
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3483.diff

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3483

---

From: Loganaden Velvindron <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2020 11:19:08 -0800

@loganaden pushed 1 commit.

1feb6b5216f4c261095e9e78447a94508af67fc5  Fix formatting reported by CircleCI

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
View it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3483/files/858bb895a785ff4f424e6fde8c975ed23367af5f..1feb6b5216f4c261095e9e78447a94508af67fc5

---

From: Loganaden Velvindron <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2020 11:23:24 -0800

386aa992eda08abec37fab725b6d85f9f4ab0e4c  Fix trailing whitespaces

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
View it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3483/files/1feb6b5216f4c261095e9e78447a94508af67fc5..386aa992eda08abec37fab725b6d85f9f4ab0e4c

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2020 13:26:04 -0800

martinthomson approved this pull request.

I've suggested some symbolic references.

> @@ -112,9 +112,9 @@ The QUIC transport protocol incorporates stream multiplexing and per-stream flow
 control, similar to that provided by the HTTP/2 framing layer. By providing
 reliability at the stream level and congestion control across the entire
 connection, it has the capability to improve the performance of HTTP compared to
-a TCP mapping.  QUIC also incorporates TLS 1.3 at the transport layer, offering
-comparable security to running TLS over TCP, with the improved connection setup
-latency of TCP Fast Open {{?RFC7413}}.
+a TCP mapping.  QUIC also incorporates TLS 1.3 {{?RFC8446}} at the transport

```suggestion
a TCP mapping.  QUIC also incorporates TLS 1.3 {{?TLS13=RFC8446}} at the transport
```
(note line wrapping is again likely needed here)

> @@ -112,9 +112,9 @@ The QUIC transport protocol incorporates stream multiplexing and per-stream flow
 control, similar to that provided by the HTTP/2 framing layer. By providing
 reliability at the stream level and congestion control across the entire
 connection, it has the capability to improve the performance of HTTP compared to
-a TCP mapping.  QUIC also incorporates TLS 1.3 at the transport layer, offering
-comparable security to running TLS over TCP, with the improved connection setup
-latency of TCP Fast Open {{?RFC7413}}.
+a TCP mapping.  QUIC also incorporates TLS 1.3 {{?RFC8446}} at the transport
+layer, offering comparable security to running TLS over TCP, with the improved
+connection setup latency of TCP Fast Open {{?RFC7413}}.

```suggestion
connection setup latency of TCP Fast Open {{?TFO=RFC7413}}.
```

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3483#pullrequestreview-363711599

---

From: Loganaden Velvindron <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2020 19:44:24 -0800

f9feb9e36fbe657c33e4dfde8bf9f3f91d73bc52  Use  symbolic references

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
View it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3483/files/386aa992eda08abec37fab725b6d85f9f4ab0e4c..f9feb9e36fbe657c33e4dfde8bf9f3f91d73bc52

---

From: Loganaden Velvindron <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2020 19:44:59 -0800

72a7800ada823d4944d5c6a9536f98169d778f6b  Use symbolic reference for TFO

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
View it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3483/files/f9feb9e36fbe657c33e4dfde8bf9f3f91d73bc52..72a7800ada823d4944d5c6a9536f98169d778f6b

---

From: Loganaden Velvindron <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2020 20:26:04 -0800

d1a865d8c0e15b540fe2ac2e29cdb2ab0b05c9df  Fix line wrapping

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
View it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3483/files/72a7800ada823d4944d5c6a9536f98169d778f6b..d1a865d8c0e15b540fe2ac2e29cdb2ab0b05c9df

---

From: Mike Bishop <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2020 06:28:06 -0800

Merged #3483 into master.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3483#event-3073950759