Subject: Re: [quicwg/base-drafts] Ack delays are adjusted by ack_delay_exponent (#3362)

From: ianswett <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 07 Feb 2020 16:11:58 -0800

@ianswett pushed 1 commit.

92fda61c7efec9753fc8d003593aebec2c8776e6  Jana's suggestion

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
View it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3362/files/df34dc8c55d83997e9eeb942eb489ddf12a5e32e..92fda61c7efec9753fc8d003593aebec2c8776e6

---

From: ianswett <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 07 Feb 2020 16:12:46 -0800

ianswett commented on this pull request.

> @@ -315,14 +315,17 @@ samples, and rttvar is the variation in the RTT samples, estimated using a
 mean variation.
 
 The calculation of smoothed_rtt uses path latency after adjusting RTT samples
-for ACK delays.  For packets sent in the ApplicationData packet number space,
-a peer limits any delay in sending an acknowledgement for an ack-eliciting
-packet to no greater than the value it advertised in the max_ack_delay transport
-parameter.  Consequently, when a peer reports an Ack Delay that is greater than
-its max_ack_delay, the delay is attributed to reasons out of the peer's control,
-such as scheduler latency at the peer or loss of previous ACK frames.  Any
-delays beyond the peer's max_ack_delay are therefore considered effectively
-part of path delay and incorporated into the smoothed_rtt estimate.
+for ACK delays. ACK delays are communicated in the ack_delay field of the

Thanks, done.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3362#discussion_r376663900

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2020 12:19:52 -0800

martinthomson approved this pull request.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3362#pullrequestreview-357759187

---

From: ianswett <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2020 17:38:00 -0800

Merged #3362 into master.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3362#event-3033107343

---

From: martinduke <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2020 17:50:09 -0800

martinduke commented on this pull request.

Lgtm

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3362#pullrequestreview-357908705