Subject: [quicwg/base-drafts] One of 'host' or ':authority' is required (#3475)

From: Mike Bishop <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2020 10:47:15 -0800

Fixes #3408.
You can view, comment on, or merge this pull request online at:

  https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3475

-- Commit Summary --

  * One of &#39;host&#39; or &#39;:authority&#39; is required

-- File Changes --

    M draft-ietf-quic-http.md (7)

-- Patch Links --

https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3475.patch
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3475.diff

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3475

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 22 Feb 2020 15:02:57 -0800

martinthomson approved this pull request.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3475#pullrequestreview-363055528

---

From: David Schinazi <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 22 Feb 2020 16:33:28 -0800

DavidSchinazi commented on this pull request.

> @@ -554,8 +554,11 @@ The following pseudo-header fields are defined for requests:
 
 All HTTP/3 requests MUST include exactly one value for the ":method", ":scheme",
 and ":path" pseudo-header fields, unless it is a CONNECT request ({{connect}}).
-An HTTP request that omits mandatory pseudo-header fields or contains invalid
-values for those fields is malformed ({{malformed}}).
+If the ":scheme" pseudo-header field identifies a scheme which has a mandatory
+authority component (including "http" and "https"), the request MUST contain
+either an ":authority" pseudo-header field or a "Host" header field; these
+fields MUST NOT be empty. An HTTP request that omits mandatory pseudo-header

I find the wording `; these fields MUST NOT be empty.` to be slightly ambiguous because it just follows a sentence that says that they may be omitted. Perhaps something like `; additionally, if these headers are sent, their values MUST NOT be empty.`?

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3475#pullrequestreview-363058451

---

From: Kazuho Oku <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2020 22:13:42 -0800

kazuho approved this pull request.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3475#pullrequestreview-363891272

---

From: Mike Bishop <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2020 06:31:40 -0800

@MikeBishop pushed 1 commit.

2de14d7cb9ea83c85f134eae9348c51dc7601a50  Specify behavior with screwy combinations

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
View it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3475/files/13584137f4359679033587b2028ea35e0ce83f62..2de14d7cb9ea83c85f134eae9348c51dc7601a50

---

From: Mike Bishop <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2020 06:31:56 -0800

MikeBishop commented on this pull request.

Works for me.  While I was at it, we don't specify that they need to match, so I've added that, too.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3475#discussion_r384528162

---

From: David Schinazi <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2020 08:58:38 -0800

DavidSchinazi approved this pull request.

Thanks!

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3475#pullrequestreview-365074681