Subject: [quicwg/base-drafts] Point out that the payload size could decrease (#3424)

From: ianswett <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 05 Feb 2020 05:41:35 -0800

And this could make retransmitting frames complex.
You can view, comment on, or merge this pull request online at:

  https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3424

-- Commit Summary --

  * Point out that the payload size could decrease

-- File Changes --

    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md (8)

-- Patch Links --

https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3424.patch
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3424.diff

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3424

---

From: ianswett <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 05 Feb 2020 05:46:31 -0800

@ianswett pushed 1 commit.

14837e6e26ee52b4e222d8614878601bec97b1fd  Update draft-ietf-quic-transport.md

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
View it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3424/files/93bb69a13bdd015dcd30402921b3670b0622efd0..14837e6e26ee52b4e222d8614878601bec97b1fd

---

From: Kazuho Oku <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 05 Feb 2020 06:10:44 -0800

kazuho approved this pull request.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3424#pullrequestreview-353742314

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 05 Feb 2020 06:41:37 -0800

martinthomson approved this pull request.

> @@ -3374,9 +3374,11 @@ priorities specified by the application indicate otherwise (see
 
 Even though a sender is encouraged to assemble frames containing up-to-date
 information every time it sends a packet, it is not forbidden to retransmit
-copies of frames from lost packets.  A receiver MUST accept packets containing
-an outdated frame, such as a MAX_DATA frame carrying a smaller maximum data than
-one found in an older packet.
+copies of frames from lost packets.  A sender which retransmits copies of frames
+must deal with decreases in available payload size due to change in packet
+number length, connection ID length, and Path MTU.  A receiver MUST accept

```suggestion
number length, connection ID length, and path MTU.  A receiver MUST accept
```

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3424#pullrequestreview-353767277

---

From: ianswett <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 05 Feb 2020 07:13:16 -0800

7d0e132f8bc9faee4563cad25fbb198c2cc85508  Update draft-ietf-quic-transport.md

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
View it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3424/files/14837e6e26ee52b4e222d8614878601bec97b1fd..7d0e132f8bc9faee4563cad25fbb198c2cc85508

---

From: Eric Kinnear <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 09 Feb 2020 23:35:06 -0800

erickinnear approved this pull request.

Looking great! One minor wording suggestion.

Lowercase `must` makes me read this oddly, how about: 
```suggestion
needs to handle decreases in available payload size due to change in packet
```

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3424#pullrequestreview-355731577

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2020 00:18:06 -0800

Wôt Eric sèd tü.

```suggestion
copies of frames from lost packets.  A sender that retransmits copies of frames
```

CMOS

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3424#pullrequestreview-355748202

---

From: ianswett <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2020 07:04:25 -0800

60d963764b61248ce1fe4150086ccb09f04056ac  Update draft-ietf-quic-transport.md

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
View it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3424/files/7d0e132f8bc9faee4563cad25fbb198c2cc85508..60d963764b61248ce1fe4150086ccb09f04056ac

---

From: ianswett <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2020 07:04:45 -0800

9230db89612af823a292500816cd2427646debd8  Update draft-ietf-quic-transport.md

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
View it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3424/files/60d963764b61248ce1fe4150086ccb09f04056ac..9230db89612af823a292500816cd2427646debd8

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2020 12:19:05 -0800

Merged #3424 into master.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3424#event-3032306535