Subject: [quicwg/base-drafts] An exemple of QUIC section 4.5.1.1 (#3549)

From: Kazu Yamamoto <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 28 Mar 2020 14:52:46 -0700

> For example, if the dynamic table is 100 bytes, then the Required
   Insert Count will be encoded modulo 6.  If a decoder has received 10
   inserts, then an encoded value of 3 indicates that the Required
   Insert Count is 9 for the header block.

should be

> For example, if the dynamic table is 100 bytes, then the Required
   Insert Count will be encoded modulo 6.  If a decoder has received 10
   inserts, then an encoded value of *4* indicates that the Required
   Insert Count is 9 for the header block.

Background:

I implemented ReqInsertCount for decoder.
When I test it with:
MaxTableCapacity = 100
EncodedInsertCount = 3
TotalNumberOfInserts = 10
My function returns 8, not 9.I guess that EncodedInsertCount = 4 is right since ReqInsertCount for encoder calculates 4 with ReqInsertCount = 9.

@tatsuhiro-t pointed out that it looks like the algorithm was replaced, and the example text we are looking at is left as is.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3549