Subject: [quicwg/base-drafts] Cumulative RCID frame (with gaps) (#3553)

From: Kazuho Oku <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 29 Mar 2020 19:52:37 -0700

This PR fixes #3509, by doing the following:
* Require the receiver of NCID frames to check that the sender is not intentionally introducing gaps in the sequence numbers they send. By doing so, maximum number of gaps (i.e. the number of active CIDs below the largest CID being retired) is capped below the value advertised as active_connection_id_limit.
* Change the format of RCID frame, so that the all the CIDs that have been retired can be sent at once. This change caps the amount of state required for tracking RCID frames inflight (at the moment, the amount of state required for tracking those frames is also unbounded).
You can view, comment on, or merge this pull request online at:

  https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3553

-- Commit Summary --

  * cumulative RCID frame (with gaps)

-- File Changes --

    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md (45)

-- Patch Links --

https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3553.patch
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3553.diff

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3553

---

From: Kazuho Oku <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 29 Mar 2020 19:55:42 -0700

This is a bigger change than #3547, but does not have the leak, and provides clear guideline on how CIDs would be retained using limited amount of state.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3553#issuecomment-605755728

---

From: Marten Seemann <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2020 19:00:20 -0700

@marten-seemann approved this pull request.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3553#pullrequestreview-384352935

---

From: ianswett <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2020 14:37:55 -0700

@ianswett pushed 1 commit.

64a3a70949676157796d8f1aeb820fe462470c93  Update draft-ietf-quic-transport.md

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
View it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3553/files/b6385580fb262163868611dc2c2f8c46563b5efd..64a3a70949676157796d8f1aeb820fe462470c93