Subject: Re: [quicwg/base-drafts] Better describe the use of Preferred Address (#3354)

From: MikkelFJ <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2020 15:16:34 -0700

mikkelfj commented on this pull request.

> @@ -2194,11 +2194,13 @@ linked by any other entity.
 At any time, endpoints MAY change the Destination Connection ID they send to a
 value that has not been used on another path.
 
-An endpoint MUST use a new connection ID if it initiates connection migration as
-described in {{initiating-migration}} or probes a new network path as described
-in {{probing}}.  An endpoint MUST use a new connection ID in response to a
-change in the address of a peer if the packet with the new peer address uses an
-active connection ID that has not been previously used by the peer.
+An endpoint MUST use a new connection ID when it initiates connection migration
+as described in {{initiating-migration}} or {{preferred-address}}, or when it
+probes a new network path as described in {{probing}}, and MUST NOT reuse

@erickinnear I think "MUST NOT" should be "MUST NOT deliberately" because NAT rebinding.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3354#discussion_r391935208