Subject: [quicwg/base-drafts] Recommend a 1ms timer granularity (#3521)

From: ianswett <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2020 16:38:44 -0700

Adds more text about what the constant represents where it&#39;s first used and changes a SHOULD to a RECOMMENDED.

Inspired by #3388
You can view, comment on, or merge this pull request online at:

  https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3521

-- Commit Summary --

  * Recommend a 1ms timer granularity

-- File Changes --

    M draft-ietf-quic-recovery.md (7)

-- Patch Links --

https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3521.patch
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3521.diff

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3521

---

From: ianswett <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2020 16:39:57 -0700

@ianswett pushed 1 commit.

58891f5debf4101c7d21e0f49f9caed961f7efe3  Update draft-ietf-quic-recovery.md

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
View it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3521/files/24617370fea23fed874197b1c020e1ee753e9487..58891f5debf4101c7d21e0f49f9caed961f7efe3

---

From: Marten Seemann <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2020 20:12:54 -0700

marten-seemann approved this pull request.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3521#pullrequestreview-374693278

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 15 Mar 2020 14:14:29 -0700

martinthomson commented on this pull request.

> @@ -428,7 +428,8 @@ as TCP-NCR {{?RFC4653}}, to improve QUIC's reordering resilience.
 Once a later packet within the same packet number space has been acknowledged,
 an endpoint SHOULD declare an earlier packet lost if it was sent a threshold
 amount of time in the past. To avoid declaring packets as lost too early, this
-time threshold MUST be set to at least kGranularity.  The time threshold is:
+time threshold MUST be set to at least the local alarm granularity, as

```suggestion
time threshold MUST be set to at least the local timer granularity, as
```

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3521#pullrequestreview-374834365

---

From: ianswett <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 15 Mar 2020 15:32:43 -0700

c07b8c6036738985f1ba89816d62f03fbb7c4fa6  Update draft-ietf-quic-recovery.md

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
View it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3521/files/58891f5debf4101c7d21e0f49f9caed961f7efe3..c07b8c6036738985f1ba89816d62f03fbb7c4fa6

---

From: Jana Iyengar <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2020 14:26:48 -0700

janaiyengar approved this pull request.

This seems reasonable.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3521#pullrequestreview-377247153

---

From: ianswett <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 21 Mar 2020 14:29:02 -0700

Merged #3521 into master.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3521#event-3152115285