Subject: Re: [quicwg/base-drafts] Small clarification and one nit (recovery) (#3392)

From: ianswett <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2020 22:40:00 -0700

ianswett commented on this pull request.

> @@ -467,14 +467,14 @@ Handshake packet number spaces, the max_ack_delay is 0, as specified in
 The PTO value MUST be set to at least kGranularity, to avoid the timer expiring
 immediately.
 
-A sender computes its PTO timer every time an ack-eliciting packet is sent.
+A sender resets its PTO timer every time an ack-eliciting packet is sent.

PTO timer is singular, so....?

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3392#discussion_r390755158

---

From: ianswett <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2020 22:43:19 -0700

>  When ack-eliciting packets are in-flight in multiple packet number spaces,
 the timer MUST be set for the packet number space with the earliest timeout,
 except for ApplicationData, which MUST be ignored until the handshake
 completes; see Section 4.1.1 of {{QUIC-TLS}}.  Not arming the PTO for
 ApplicationData prioritizes completing the handshake and prevents the server
-from sending a 1-RTT packet on a PTO before before it has the keys to process
-a 1-RTT packet.
+from sending a 1-RTT packet on a PTO before it has the keys to process a 1-RTT

Thanks, fixed in #3486 that landed today.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3392#pullrequestreview-372487456

---

From: ianswett <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2020 22:44:01 -0700

ianswett requested changes on this pull request.

Thanks for noting the extra word, that's fixed.  I don't find the other small change in this PR that compelling, but maybe others do.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3392#pullrequestreview-372487682

---

From: ianswett <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 29 Mar 2020 18:10:12 -0700

@ianswett commented on this pull request.

I pulled this into #3552 with some tweaks, PTAL.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3392#discussion_r399883179

---

From: ianswett <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 29 Mar 2020 18:10:18 -0700

Closed #3392.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3392#event-3176543082