Subject: [quicwg/base-drafts] Rephrase some Connection ID usage text (#3497)

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 03 Mar 2020 15:49:07 -0800

This is some of the editorial changes from #3354.

Maybe we can take these and then continue that with fewer changes.
You can view, comment on, or merge this pull request online at:

  https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3497

-- Commit Summary --

  * Allow but not recommend seeding of RTT on resumption
  * Fixfixfix
  * Why CID/token in SPA

-- File Changes --

    M draft-ietf-quic-recovery.md (2)
    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md (17)

-- Patch Links --

https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3497.patch
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3497.diff

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3497

---

From: Marten Seemann <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 03 Mar 2020 22:03:58 -0800

marten-seemann approved this pull request.

> @@ -496,7 +496,7 @@ data.
 
 The initial probe timeout for a new connection or new path SHOULD be
 set to twice the initial RTT.  Resumed connections over the same network
-SHOULD use the previous connection's final smoothed RTT value as the resumed
+MAY use the previous connection's final smoothed RTT value as the resumed

This doesn't have to do anything with connection IDs, does it?

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3497#pullrequestreview-368522419

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 03 Mar 2020 22:51:56 -0800

martinthomson commented on this pull request.

Oops, some stray commits ended up in there.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3497#discussion_r387476889

---

From: martinduke <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 06 Mar 2020 10:54:59 -0800

martinduke approved this pull request.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3497#pullrequestreview-370551037

---

From: ianswett <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 06 Mar 2020 19:01:38 -0800

ianswett approved this pull request.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3497#pullrequestreview-370717414

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2020 15:38:59 -0700

Merged #3497 into master.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3497#event-3116707859