Subject: [quicwg/base-drafts] Editorial proposed changes for cc section (#3491)

From: mirjak <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 03 Mar 2020 03:18:24 -0800

You can view, comment on, or merge this pull request online at:

  https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3491

-- Commit Summary --

  * Editorial proposed changes for cc section

-- File Changes --

    M draft-ietf-quic-recovery.md (37)

-- Patch Links --

https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3491.patch
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3491.diff

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3491

---

From: mirjak <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 03 Mar 2020 03:22:38 -0800

@mirjak pushed 1 commit.

c72f86fbe73ef8046c38ff9e8c3fe5ad3578d80c  Update draft-ietf-quic-recovery.md

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
View it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3491/files/b15857bcfc3e8a8882b5a8b1245521f571a39764..c72f86fbe73ef8046c38ff9e8c3fe5ad3578d80c

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 03 Mar 2020 14:56:24 -0800

martinthomson approved this pull request.

A few typos and one tiny regression, but these are good changes.

 ## Recovery Period
 
 A recovery period is entered when loss or ECN-CE marking of a packet is
-detected.  A recovery period ends when a packet sent during the recovery period
-is acknowledged.  This is slightly different from TCP's definition of recovery,
-which ends when the lost packet that started recovery is acknowledged.
+detected in congestion aviodance but after the congestion wiondow and slow

```suggestion
detected in congestion avoidance but after the congestion window and slow
```

 ## Recovery Period
 
 A recovery period is entered when loss or ECN-CE marking of a packet is
-detected.  A recovery period ends when a packet sent during the recovery period
-is acknowledged.  This is slightly different from TCP's definition of recovery,
-which ends when the lost packet that started recovery is acknowledged.
+detected in congestion aviodance but after the congestion wiondow and slow
+start threhold has been adapted.  A recovery period ends when a packet sent

```suggestion
start threshold has been adapted.  A recovery period ends when a packet sent
```

 ## Recovery Period
 
 A recovery period is entered when loss or ECN-CE marking of a packet is
-detected.  A recovery period ends when a packet sent during the recovery period
-is acknowledged.  This is slightly different from TCP's definition of recovery,
-which ends when the lost packet that started recovery is acknowledged.
+detected in congestion aviodance but after the congestion wiondow and slow
+start threhold has been adapted.  A recovery period ends when a packet sent

adapted how?

> @@ -766,17 +768,18 @@ similar to a sender's response on a Retransmission Timeout (RTO) in TCP
 
 ## Pacing {#pacing}
 
-This document does not specify a pacer, but it is RECOMMENDED that a sender pace
+This document does not specify a pacer, but it is RECOMMENDED that a sender paces

```suggestion
This document does not specify a pacer, but it is RECOMMENDED that a sender pace
```

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3491#pullrequestreview-368386188

---

From: ianswett <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2020 01:06:40 -0700

@ianswett pushed 1 commit.

3343560974ab9a7ef959bb4066c72f73a4a0d326  Update draft-ietf-quic-recovery.md

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
View it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3491/files/c72f86fbe73ef8046c38ff9e8c3fe5ad3578d80c..3343560974ab9a7ef959bb4066c72f73a4a0d326

---

From: ianswett <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2020 01:06:46 -0700

059276a7ad8caddc3c0b2fde7508395d6da2342a  Update draft-ietf-quic-recovery.md

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
View it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3491/files/3343560974ab9a7ef959bb4066c72f73a4a0d326..059276a7ad8caddc3c0b2fde7508395d6da2342a

---

From: ianswett <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2020 01:07:09 -0700

8e4fd6eaffa6e713f1e2cf8173f7e3153a3b8ac8  Update draft-ietf-quic-recovery.md

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
View it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3491/files/059276a7ad8caddc3c0b2fde7508395d6da2342a..8e4fd6eaffa6e713f1e2cf8173f7e3153a3b8ac8

---

From: ianswett <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2020 01:10:38 -0700

baff94a5fde867f0f29e8b6cd81f50f8c42be467  Merge branch 'master' into patch-21

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
View it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3491/files/8e4fd6eaffa6e713f1e2cf8173f7e3153a3b8ac8..baff94a5fde867f0f29e8b6cd81f50f8c42be467

---

From: ianswett <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2020 01:17:14 -0700

Merged #3491 into master.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3491#event-3113655538

---

From: ianswett <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2020 01:20:52 -0700

ianswett commented on this pull request.

 ## Recovery Period

Addressed in #3505, PTAL.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3491#discussion_r390151262