Subject: [quicwg/base-drafts] More detail regarding dropping of ACK Ranges (#3581)

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2020 18:35:48 -0700

This explains what needs to be kept and why.  Specifically, you need to
keep ranges unless you have other means of ensuring that you don&#39;t
accept packets from those ranges again.  You also need to keep the
largest acknowledged so that you can get a packet number from subsequent
packets.

This also recommends that ACK frames include the largest acknowledged
always.  That is primarily to ensure that ECN works properly, and even
there, you only disable ECN if you get some weird reordering, so it&#39;s
probably not a big deal if you don&#39;t follow this recommendation.

The issue is marked design, but the resolution here is basically a restatement of other text.  I think we can run this through the design process, but it isn&#39;t really worth flagging this in a change log in my opinion.

Closes #3541.
Closes #3537.
You can view, comment on, or merge this pull request online at:

  https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3581

-- Commit Summary --

  * More detail regarding dropping of ACK Ranges

-- File Changes --

    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md (17)

-- Patch Links --

https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3581.patch
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3581.diff

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3581

---

From: Marten Seemann <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2020 18:42:18 -0700

@marten-seemann approved this pull request.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3581#pullrequestreview-393403401

---

From: ianswett <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 18 Apr 2020 09:25:19 -0700

@ianswett approved this pull request.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3581#pullrequestreview-395928377

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 19 Apr 2020 22:29:02 -0700

@janaiyengar you should probably look at this.  I have marked the associated issue `proposal ready` anyway, but I'd appreciate another review.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3581#issuecomment-616319482

---

From: Jana Iyengar <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2020 15:43:11 -0700

@janaiyengar approved this pull request.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3581#pullrequestreview-402263351

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2020 15:44:29 -0700

@martinthomson pushed 1 commit.

88bbc30af2f9d630fb059d39774b295153fa580c  Cite relevant section

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
View it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3581/files/65d2acbe3055ab996a07fd9a9c56626e66052844..88bbc30af2f9d630fb059d39774b295153fa580c

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2020 18:44:56 -0700

Merged #3581 into master.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3581#event-3282725508