Subject: [quicwg/base-drafts] Text/figure consistency (#3636)

From: Mike Bishop <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 07 May 2020 13:30:37 -0700

Happened to notice that the updated figure (didn&#39;t check the old one) was inconsistent with the text about the allowed length of the CID fields.  Should be editorial, since the text wins any conflicts.
You can view, comment on, or merge this pull request online at:

  https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3636

-- Commit Summary --

  * Text/figure consistency

-- File Changes --

    M draft-ietf-quic-invariants.md (12)

-- Patch Links --

https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3636.patch
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3636.diff

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3636

---

From: ianswett <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 07 May 2020 14:36:54 -0700

@ianswett approved this pull request.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3636#pullrequestreview-407854891

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 07 May 2020 16:45:32 -0700

@martinthomson requested changes on this pull request.

> @@ -138,9 +138,9 @@ Long Header Packet {
   Version-Specific Bits (7),
   Version (32),
   DCID Len (8),
-  Destination Connection ID (0..160),
+  Destination Connection ID (0..255),

Yikes, we both got this wrong.  (And then I got it wrong again by putting 2047 here first.)

```suggestion
  Destination Connection ID (0..2040),
```

>    SCID Len (8),
-  Source Connection ID (0..160),
+  Source Connection ID (0..255),

```suggestion
  Source Connection ID (0..2040),
```

> @@ -138,9 +138,9 @@ Long Header Packet {
   Version-Specific Bits (7),

^^ Up there, there is a redundant sentence.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3636#pullrequestreview-407908579

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 07 May 2020 16:46:27 -0700

@martinthomson pushed 1 commit.

5ddd5814b6e3e839a16d1ef960b22694e67eae4a  Math, and no more X.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
View it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3636/files/1b967adee968825c2f230d3c20c69118f70c4778..5ddd5814b6e3e839a16d1ef960b22694e67eae4a

---

From: Mike Bishop <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 07 May 2020 16:52:28 -0700

@MikeBishop commented on this pull request.

>    SCID Len (8),
-  Source Connection ID (0..255),
+  Source Connection ID (0..2040),

Text still says 255.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3636#pullrequestreview-407911434

---

From: Mike Bishop <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 07 May 2020 16:53:42 -0700

Bah, yes, 255 bytes = 2,040 bits.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3636#issuecomment-625554280

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 07 May 2020 16:56:29 -0700

:D  That's exactly the process that my mind followed.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3636#issuecomment-625555021

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 07 May 2020 16:56:45 -0700

Merged #3636 into master.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3636#event-3315062643