Subject: [quicwg/base-drafts] ce9fde: Limits are per key

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 May 2020 21:22:46 -0700

Branch: refs/heads/forgery-limit
  Home:   https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts
  Commit: ce9fde0b69b18db153239177fe1fe5e4655b295d
      https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/commit/ce9fde0b69b18db153239177fe1fe5e4655b295d
  Author: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
  Date:   2020-05-15 (Fri, 15 May 2020)

  Changed paths:
    M draft-ietf-quic-tls.md

  Log Message:
  -----------
  Limits are per key

  Commit: 05b02df1e77c959c0dba467baed39e525f2a4ee8
      https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/commit/05b02df1e77c959c0dba467baed39e525f2a4ee8
  Author: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
  Date:   2020-05-22 (Fri, 22 May 2020)

  Changed paths:
    M draft-ietf-quic-tls.md

  Log Message:
  -----------
  Stop using the keys, not close

Only require closing the connection if you can't update.

If you hit this limit, you can send a key update.  You won't be able to
read any packets until your peer reads that key update though.  This
manifests as a bunch of packet loss, because you threw out keys.  So you
do end up sending a bunch of packets into the dark in the hopes that one
will get through.

Of course, you can't always update, so you have to close then.

Compare: https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/compare/7958c9f2ae14...05b02df1e77c