Subject: [quicwg/base-drafts] First set of Gorry's nits (#3742)

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 08 Jun 2020 23:08:07 -0700

These are mostly mechanical, but there are a few that likely need some review.

Closes #3720.
You can view, comment on, or merge this pull request online at:

  https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3742

-- Commit Summary --

  * First set of Gorry&#39;s nits

-- File Changes --

    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md (68)

-- Patch Links --

https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3742.patch
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3742.diff

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3742

---

From: Jana Iyengar <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 09 Jun 2020 00:56:09 -0700

@janaiyengar commented on this pull request.

A few suggestions.

> @@ -665,15 +665,16 @@ STREAM_DATA_BLOCKED ({{frame-stream-data-blocked}}), and RESET_STREAM
 ({{frame-reset-stream}}).
 
 A sender MUST NOT send any of these frames from a terminal state ("Data Recvd"
-or "Reset Recvd").  A sender MUST NOT send STREAM or STREAM_DATA_BLOCKED after
-sending a RESET_STREAM; that is, in the terminal states and in the "Reset Sent"
-state.  A receiver could receive any of these three frames in any state, due to
-the possibility of delayed delivery of packets carrying them.
+or "Reset Recvd").  A sender MUST NOT send a STREAM or STREAM_DATA_BLOCKED frame
+for a stream in the "Reset Sent" state or any terminal state; that is, after

```suggestion
for a stream in the "Reset Sent" state or any terminal state, that is, after
```

> @@ -1186,8 +1189,8 @@ that packet.
 If a server receives a packet that has an unsupported version, but the packet is

```suggestion
If a server receives a packet that indicates an unsupported version but is large
```

> @@ -1186,8 +1189,8 @@ that packet.
 If a server receives a packet that has an unsupported version, but the packet is
 sufficiently large to initiate a new connection for any version supported by the

```suggestion
enough to initiate a new connection for any one supported version,
```

> @@ -1186,8 +1189,8 @@ that packet.
 If a server receives a packet that has an unsupported version, but the packet is
 sufficiently large to initiate a new connection for any version supported by the
 server, it SHOULD send a Version Negotiation packet as described in

```suggestion
the server SHOULD send a Version Negotiation packet as described in
```

> +consist of as few as 4 UDP datagrams, or any number more up to the limits
+inherent to the protocol, such as congestion control or anti-amplification.  For

```suggestion
consist of as few as 4 UDP datagrams, or any number more (subject to limits
inherent to the protocol, such as congestion control or anti-amplification).  For
```

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3742#pullrequestreview-426871085

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 09 Jun 2020 02:21:24 -0700

@martinthomson pushed 1 commit.

782d99d1c129fe85ff475ca9bfcf36eb5e0c4583  Further editorial refinement

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
View it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3742/files/7164e9b92a46e346e318cb39d1214edd645ac456..782d99d1c129fe85ff475ca9bfcf36eb5e0c4583

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 09 Jun 2020 15:14:24 -0700

7606207cec8f3c1f7764b10446bf274c6f695af1  Wrap

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
View it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3742/files/782d99d1c129fe85ff475ca9bfcf36eb5e0c4583..7606207cec8f3c1f7764b10446bf274c6f695af1

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 09 Jun 2020 15:14:39 -0700

Merged #3742 into master.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3742#event-3427040957