Subject: [quicwg/base-drafts] ee8857: Example of ChaCha20-Poly1305

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 04 Jun 2020 16:22:00 -0700

Branch: refs/heads/master
  Home:   https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts
  Commit: ee88574c89796791d66269a9aa6a16eb85b534b1
      https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/commit/ee88574c89796791d66269a9aa6a16eb85b534b1
  Author: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
  Date:   2020-06-02 (Tue, 02 Jun 2020)

  Changed paths:
    M draft-ietf-quic-tls.md

  Log Message:
  -----------
  Example of ChaCha20-Poly1305

This uses a packet with a short header because a) we don't have an
example of that already; b) that gives me an opportunity to show what
the different key derivations look like, including key updates; and c)
this example won't need to be updated when the draft number changes, or
even when the final spec is complete.

Closes #3488.

  Commit: b31eb923fb039d69f3d1e0893be1ac1c87585161
      https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/commit/b31eb923fb039d69f3d1e0893be1ac1c87585161
  Author: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
  Date:   2020-06-02 (Tue, 02 Jun 2020)

  Changed paths:
    M draft-ietf-quic-tls.md

  Log Message:
  -----------
  It's more believable to use HANDSHAKE_DONE

Not much more, but if the server sends, then the zero-length connection
ID is more plausible.  Also, it makes reproducing this if necessary a
little bit easier.

  Commit: 1d81fce14c2bff5e4c576c78a1795192460d5539
      https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/commit/1d81fce14c2bff5e4c576c78a1795192460d5539
  Author: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
  Date:   2020-06-02 (Tue, 02 Jun 2020)

  Changed paths:
    M draft-ietf-quic-tls.md

  Log Message:
  -----------
  Wrong secret

  Commit: b485b7922ff6f5ed61613e93a96c76afdf060528
      https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/commit/b485b7922ff6f5ed61613e93a96c76afdf060528
  Author: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
  Date:   2020-06-02 (Tue, 02 Jun 2020)

  Changed paths:
    M draft-ietf-quic-tls.md
    M protection-samples.js

  Log Message:
  -----------
  Generate values with the script instead

And use a large packet number, to show packet number truncation in the
examples.  This has leading zeroes, which might trip people up if they
make bad assumptions about the length of the encoding based on value
they get back.

  Commit: f7a7f5b75bfeb84fbb82627bd342791e48b7ab7c
      https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/commit/f7a7f5b75bfeb84fbb82627bd342791e48b7ab7c
  Author: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
  Date:   2020-06-05 (Fri, 05 Jun 2020)

  Changed paths:
    M draft-ietf-quic-tls.md
    M protection-samples.js

  Log Message:
  -----------
  Merge pull request #3712 from quicwg/chacha20-sample

Example of ChaCha20-Poly1305

Compare: https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/compare/a2a572a92e8e...f7a7f5b75bfe