Subject: [quicwg/base-drafts] Clear vestiges of path validation symmetry (#3809)

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2020 21:49:23 -0700

In early versions of path validation, there was a requirement that
PATH_CHALLENGE be sent on the same path.  This is, for various reasons,
either unnecessary or harmful, so we no longer have that requirement.
But there was some residual text that assumed that property.

This removes a paragraph citing symmetry directly, and rewords text that
assumes return reachability - a property that QUIC no longer provides
mechanisms for.

Closes #3797.
You can view, comment on, or merge this pull request online at:

  https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3809

-- Commit Summary --

  * Clear vestiges of path validation symmetry

-- File Changes --

    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md (13)

-- Patch Links --

https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3809.patch
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3809.diff

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3809