Subject: [quicwg/base-drafts] Update Initial salt, Retry keys, and samples (#3711) to changelog (#3752)

From: Alexis La Goutte <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2020 02:23:24 -0700

You can view, comment on, or merge this pull request online at:

  https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3752

-- Commit Summary --

  * Update Initial salt, Retry keys, and samples (#3711) to changelog

-- File Changes --

    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md (1)

-- Patch Links --

https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3752.patch
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3752.diff

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3752

---

From: Lars Eggert <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2020 02:25:08 -0700

Shouldn't this be against the -tls changelog?

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3752#issuecomment-641873742

---

From: Peter Wu <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2020 04:56:00 -0700

@Lekensteyn approved this pull request.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3752#pullrequestreview-427977634

---

From: David Schinazi <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2020 15:45:03 -0700

Does this need to be in the changelog? The changelog doesn't state that the version number changed, and I view the initial salts as deeply tied to the version number.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3752#issuecomment-642306030

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2020 17:00:02 -0700

Both Lars and David are right.  

This is a change limited to the -tls draft.

We haven't listed changed keying material in previous changelogs.  Of course, because we haven't been consistent about updating them, I can see why you might want what appears to be an exception called out.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3752#issuecomment-642327143

---

From: Alexis La Goutte <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2020 01:09:20 -0700

it is now on tls doc and if you look there is already on changelog info about initial salt update (draft-22...)

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3752#issuecomment-643973465

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2020 15:28:46 -0700

Merged #3752 into master.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3752#event-3451095667