Subject: [quicwg/base-drafts] Update samples for -29 (#3711)

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 01 Jun 2020 17:09:22 -0700

You can view, comment on, or merge this pull request online at:

  https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3711

-- Commit Summary --

  * Update script
  * Update samples for draft -29

-- File Changes --

    M draft-ietf-quic-tls.md (22)
    M protection-samples.js (2)

-- Patch Links --

https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3711.patch
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3711.diff

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3711

---

From: David Schinazi <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 02 Jun 2020 18:35:06 -0700

Any chance we could also update the initial salt?

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3711#issuecomment-637901507

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 02 Jun 2020 20:06:46 -0700

I was saving that for the final version, by popular demand.  If you have a reason to change, then I can do that (I'll also want to update the keys for Retry in that case).

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3711#issuecomment-637925118

---

From: Rui Paulo <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 03 Jun 2020 10:55:26 -0700

I agree with @martinthomson.  Let's leave the salt update to the final version.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3711#issuecomment-638362236

---

From: David Schinazi <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 03 Jun 2020 17:22:55 -0700

With Google's QUIC deployment, we're already experiencing version ossification due to middleboxes inspecting initial packets - some of our traffic is stuck on older versions of GoogleQUIC because of this. Changing the salts every time we change the version number will help remind everyone that this is not an ossified aspect of the protocol. The cost to implementors is pretty much zero.

@rpaulo out of curiosity, why the pushback?

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3711#issuecomment-638527852

---

From: Marten Seemann <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 03 Jun 2020 18:57:33 -0700

What @DavidSchinazi says makes sense to me, so I would be in favor of shipping draft-29 with new salts.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3711#issuecomment-638554857

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 04 Jun 2020 18:33:43 -0700

@martinthomson pushed 1 commit.

6e9bfe065ec60cf63a8e267a0b86a2ac09f9a6cc  Update Initial salt and Retry secret

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
View it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3711/files/068e9f9ead1cf688781c158dc433ac94c83e9c06..6e9bfe065ec60cf63a8e267a0b86a2ac09f9a6cc

---

From: David Schinazi <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 04 Jun 2020 18:54:31 -0700

@DavidSchinazi approved this pull request.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3711#pullrequestreview-424946917

---

From: Marten Seemann <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 04 Jun 2020 19:56:32 -0700

@marten-seemann approved this pull request.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3711#pullrequestreview-424964315

---

From: Marten Seemann <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 04 Jun 2020 19:56:25 -0700

I updated the salts and the test vectors in quic-go, and I can confirm that the values match.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3711#issuecomment-639227937

---

From: Jana Iyengar <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 05 Jun 2020 02:06:20 -0700

@janaiyengar approved this pull request.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3711#pullrequestreview-425125541

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 09 Jun 2020 15:31:42 -0700

Merged #3711 into master.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3711#event-3427082196