Subject: [quicwg/base-drafts] Remove "bundle" terminology (#3740)

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 08 Jun 2020 18:55:28 -0700

We didn&#39;t really need to use a new &quot;term&quot; for the concept of including
multiple frames in a packet.  The use of &quot;bundle&quot; implied more than what
was really happening.  Using plain words is probably better.

Closes #3736.
You can view, comment on, or merge this pull request online at:

  https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3740

-- Commit Summary --

  * Remove &quot;bundle&quot; terminology

-- File Changes --

    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md (10)

-- Patch Links --

https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3740.patch
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3740.diff

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3740

---

From: Marten Seemann <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 08 Jun 2020 21:16:23 -0700

@marten-seemann commented on this pull request.

tbh, I think the text reads a lot better with bundling.

> @@ -3354,8 +3354,8 @@ One of the benefits of QUIC is avoidance of head-of-line blocking across
 multiple streams.  When a packet loss occurs, only streams with data in that
 packet are blocked waiting for a retransmission to be received, while other
 streams can continue making progress.  Note that when data from multiple streams
-is bundled into a single QUIC packet, loss of that packet blocks all those
-streams from making progress.  Implementations are advised to bundle as few
+are included in a single QUIC packet, loss of that packet blocks all those

s/are/is?

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3740#pullrequestreview-426776654

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 08 Jun 2020 21:19:38 -0700

@martinthomson pushed 1 commit.

ad987657fce6c2375f10ad19d5ada3f031359dd3  sdgfoihui

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
View it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3740/files/c9a52af640557511b4565bdb1546b58721a1cb27..ad987657fce6c2375f10ad19d5ada3f031359dd3

---

From: Jana Iyengar <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 09 Jun 2020 00:42:45 -0700

@janaiyengar approved this pull request.

Thanks! Clearer is better.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3740#pullrequestreview-426868663

---

From: Jana Iyengar <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 09 Jun 2020 01:01:15 -0700

Merged #3740 into master.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3740#event-3423561749