Subject: [quicwg/base-drafts] Confusing duplication in TLS Encryption Level Changes (#3816)

From: Mike Bishop <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 02 Jul 2020 11:39:51 -0700

The first two sentences of QUIC-TLS, Section 4.1.4 clearly intend to say different things, but I can't figure out the distinction.  Is there a way we could reword them to make them clearer?

> As keys for new encryption levels become available, TLS provides QUIC with those
> keys.  Separately, as keys at a given encryption level become available to TLS,
> TLS indicates to QUIC that reading or writing keys at that encryption level are
> available.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3816

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 02 Jul 2020 22:01:16 -0700

I think that this is not separately at all.  Let's reduce that to a single statement.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3816#issuecomment-653348426

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2020 18:51:01 -0700

Closed #3816 via #3819.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3816#event-3542081400