Subject: [quicwg/base-drafts] 8fdcf6: Mixing connection IDs is OK

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 07 Jul 2020 23:31:59 -0700

Branch: refs/heads/ignore-different-connection
  Home:   https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts
  Commit: 8fdcf6082902105df143f4434cb43e946b4a38be
      https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/commit/8fdcf6082902105df143f4434cb43e946b4a38be
  Author: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
  Date:   2020-07-08 (Wed, 08 Jul 2020)

  Changed paths:
    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md

  Log Message:
  -----------
  Mixing connection IDs is OK

This is a loosening of the recommendation based on two observations:

1. we can only coalesce during the handshake, so linkability concerns
   are moot (addresses are assumed to be stable)

2. some stacks might do this as a consequence of their structure and we
   see no value in making that invalid

Closes #3800.