Subject: [quicwg/base-drafts] 9a7ef2: Make the TLS messages plausible

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2020 23:56:17 -0700

Branch: refs/heads/version-not
  Home:   https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts
  Commit: 9a7ef222035536493a3a00a1efdbcbdf4a645da6
      https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/commit/9a7ef222035536493a3a00a1efdbcbdf4a645da6
  Author: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
  Date:   2020-06-10 (Wed, 10 Jun 2020)

  Changed paths:
    M protection-samples.js

  Log Message:
  -----------
  Make the TLS messages plausible

Here is the breakdown of the ClientHello:

```
060040f1 = CRYPTO offset 0, length 241
010000ed = TLS Handshake length 237
0303 = version: TLS 1.2
ebf8fa56f12939b9584a3896472ec40bb863cfd3e86804fe3a47f06a2b69484c = random
00 = legacy_session_id
0004 13011302 = cipher_suites: TLS_AES_128_GCM_SHA256, TLS_AES_256_GCM_SHA384
0100 = legacy_compression_methods: none
00e0 = extensions length 194
0000 0010 000e 00 000b 6578616d706c652e636f6d = server name: example.com
ff01 0001 00 = renegotiation info
000a 0008 0006 001d00170018 = supported groups: 25519, P-256, P-384
0010 0007 000504616c706e = alpn: h3-28
0005 0005 0100000000 = certificate status
0033 0026 0024001d00209370b2c9caa47fbabaf4559fedba753de171fa71f50f1ce15d43e994ec74d748 = key share: 25519
002b 0003 020304 = supported versions: TLS 1.3
000d 0010 000e 0403050306030203080408050806 = signature algorithms: some irrelevant stuff here
002d 0002 0101 = psk modes: psk+dh
001c 0002 4001 = record size limit: max
ffa5 0032 = QUIC transport parameters extension
04 08 ffffffffffffffff = initial_max_data 2^62-1
05 04 8000ffff = initial_max_stream_data_bidi_local 2^16-1
07 04 8000ffff = initial_max_stream_data_uni 2^16-1
08 01 10 = initial_max_streams_bidi 16
01 04 80007530 = max_idle_timeout 30s
09 01 10 = initial_max_streams_uni 16
0f 08 8394c8f03e515708 = initial_source_connection_id
06 04 8000ffff = initial_max_stream_data_bidi_remote 2^16-1
```

The ServerHello was OK, but the framing wasn't.

  Commit: 0b4681671ced10eece12919d3fd4d6eb5950043c
      https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/commit/0b4681671ced10eece12919d3fd4d6eb5950043c
  Author: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
  Date:   2020-06-10 (Wed, 10 Jun 2020)

  Changed paths:
    M draft-ietf-quic-tls.md

  Log Message:
  -----------
  Update samples in the draft based on changed content

  Commit: ab3d19bde401dd8116b5c90ea5351a893a808ab3
      https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/commit/ab3d19bde401dd8116b5c90ea5351a893a808ab3
  Author: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
  Date:   2020-06-11 (Thu, 11 Jun 2020)

  Changed paths:
    M draft-ietf-quic-tls.md
    M protection-samples.js

  Log Message:
  -----------
  Fix bad extension length

  Commit: 750f3d2e50bd76127819eac7007fed351b52340c
      https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/commit/750f3d2e50bd76127819eac7007fed351b52340c
  Author: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
  Date:   2020-06-24 (Wed, 24 Jun 2020)

  Changed paths:
    M draft-ietf-quic-tls.md

  Log Message:
  -----------
  Encryption level of CRYPTO determines packet type

The text implied the opposite.

  Commit: 6b3f6fbcf1cf9255ebdc6190e5fa8153e058ce72
      https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/commit/6b3f6fbcf1cf9255ebdc6190e5fa8153e058ce72
  Author: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
  Date:   2020-06-24 (Wed, 24 Jun 2020)

  Changed paths:
    M draft-ietf-quic-invariants.md

  Log Message:
  -----------
  Packets might be integrity protected

Or MAY, but let's leave this probabilistic, because in practice there is
no uncertainty: packets are protected.

I've changed the header of the section because it isn't just about the
header: the subsections are about the specific headers, but this one is
about packets as a whole.

  Commit: 2961b77dc1742f337343134bf455405688eb47c3
      https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/commit/2961b77dc1742f337343134bf455405688eb47c3
  Author: Benjamin Saunders <[email-masked]>
  Date:   2020-06-29 (Mon, 29 Jun 2020)

  Changed paths:
    M draft-ietf-quic-recovery.md

  Log Message:
  -----------
  Update references to removed function

  Commit: 2e878b919cc6a78967950a710288e82a26c66968
      https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/commit/2e878b919cc6a78967950a710288e82a26c66968
  Author: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
  Date:   2020-06-30 (Tue, 30 Jun 2020)

  Changed paths:
    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md

  Log Message:
  -----------
  Stop using CID acronym

We've been pretty disciplined about using "connection ID", except for
the text on flow labels and one mention in the diagram for
preferred_address.  Of course, the mentions in the flow label text were
specifically for the "Destination Connection ID field", so that is what
I used there.

Closes #3794.

  Commit: 173f04ff83ab8d086d1c5b1dce2c3d82c7b7a498
      https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/commit/173f04ff83ab8d086d1c5b1dce2c3d82c7b7a498
  Author: Jana Iyengar <[email-masked]>
  Date:   2020-06-30 (Tue, 30 Jun 2020)

  Changed paths:
    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md

  Log Message:
  -----------
  Merge pull request #3796 from quicwg/no-cid

Stop using CID acronym

  Commit: 39b125843495385528f3096b0f454cf781d31662
      https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/commit/39b125843495385528f3096b0f454cf781d31662
  Author: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
  Date:   2020-07-01 (Wed, 01 Jul 2020)

  Changed paths:
    M draft-ietf-quic-invariants.md

  Log Message:
  -----------
  Merge pull request #3786 from quicwg/integrity-invariant

Packets might be integrity protected

  Commit: 667ad9ddd3db9511698ccb38477484a72d2fe3f8
      https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/commit/667ad9ddd3db9511698ccb38477484a72d2fe3f8
  Author: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
  Date:   2020-07-01 (Wed, 01 Jul 2020)

  Changed paths:
    M draft-ietf-quic-tls.md

  Log Message:
  -----------
  Merge pull request #3783 from quicwg/encryption-level-bytes

Encryption level of CRYPTO determines packet type

  Commit: a4cb76d1b82ad7797c728574a7886e60c0b9e995
      https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/commit/a4cb76d1b82ad7797c728574a7886e60c0b9e995
  Author: Jana Iyengar <[email-masked]>
  Date:   2020-06-30 (Tue, 30 Jun 2020)

  Changed paths:
    M draft-ietf-quic-recovery.md

  Log Message:
  -----------
  Merge pull request #3795 from Ralith/recovery-pseudocode-cleanup

Update pseudocode references to removed function DetectLostPackets

  Commit: 610d213f7e325f8da7e398240c8470c765e22513
      https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/commit/610d213f7e325f8da7e398240c8470c765e22513
  Author: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
  Date:   2020-07-01 (Wed, 01 Jul 2020)

  Changed paths:
    M draft-ietf-quic-tls.md
    M protection-samples.js

  Log Message:
  -----------
  Merge pull request #3753 from quicwg/fix-chello

Use plausible TLS messages

  Commit: c90601e40d22867ee40b3c7fdea2762ce13379c4
      https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/commit/c90601e40d22867ee40b3c7fdea2762ce13379c4
  Author: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
  Date:   2020-06-30 (Tue, 30 Jun 2020)

  Changed paths:
    M draft-ietf-quic-http.md

  Log Message:
  -----------
  Roy's suggestion for multiplexing justification

Closes #3790.

  Commit: ff6538a6b79fe786abaae55c0510202403af3df5
      https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/commit/ff6538a6b79fe786abaae55c0510202403af3df5
  Author: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
  Date:   2020-07-01 (Wed, 01 Jul 2020)

  Changed paths:
    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md

  Log Message:
  -----------
  Cite a source for the 30s timeout

Thanks to Lucas for finding the study.  Note that I found at least one
middlebox with a default timeout of 30s; that was not a home gateway
included in this study.

Closes #3799.

  Commit: 49ab8cedf1d5b55e2c7c2fbad0b6558afd4c8e8f
      https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/commit/49ab8cedf1d5b55e2c7c2fbad0b6558afd4c8e8f
  Author: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
  Date:   2020-07-01 (Wed, 01 Jul 2020)

  Changed paths:
    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md

  Log Message:
  -----------
  Define preferred_address

Closes #3803.

  Commit: c0c58db5415d3e152e7515435a961c3b4e69e38b
      https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/commit/c0c58db5415d3e152e7515435a961c3b4e69e38b
  Author: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
  Date:   2020-07-01 (Wed, 01 Jul 2020)

  Changed paths:
    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md

  Log Message:
  -----------
  What typo?

Co-authored-by: Mike Bishop <[email-masked]>

  Commit: c2b663f7a9de24b7a74390e5a528aa65d9e5e8ff
      https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/commit/c2b663f7a9de24b7a74390e5a528aa65d9e5e8ff
  Author: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
  Date:   2020-07-01 (Wed, 01 Jul 2020)

  Changed paths:
    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md

  Log Message:
  -----------
  Clear vestiges of path validation symmetry

In early versions of path validation, there was a requirement that
PATH_CHALLENGE be sent on the same path.  This is, for various reasons,
either unnecessary or harmful, so we no longer have that requirement.
But there was some residual text that assumed that property.

This removes a paragraph citing symmetry directly, and rewords text that
assumes return reachability - a property that QUIC no longer provides
mechanisms for.

Closes #3797.

  Commit: 8967ffac97b7974bbfc7cd47c3667c2770835f4a
      https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/commit/8967ffac97b7974bbfc7cd47c3667c2770835f4a
  Author: Jana Iyengar <[email-masked]>
  Date:   2020-07-01 (Wed, 01 Jul 2020)

  Changed paths:
    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md

  Log Message:
  -----------
  Merge pull request #3806 from quicwg/30s

Cite a source for the 30s timeout

  Commit: fb702babd8275b765ccd7d3422918a273836f485
      https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/commit/fb702babd8275b765ccd7d3422918a273836f485
  Author: Mike Bishop <[email-masked]>
  Date:   2020-07-01 (Wed, 01 Jul 2020)

  Changed paths:
    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md

  Log Message:
  -----------
  Per RFC 5116

  Commit: 5e3723af74412f87907ec50025bd9c7510e8ad27
      https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/commit/5e3723af74412f87907ec50025bd9c7510e8ad27
  Author: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
  Date:   2020-07-02 (Thu, 02 Jul 2020)

  Changed paths:
    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md

  Log Message:
  -----------
  Merge pull request #3812 from quicwg/transport/aead

A in AEAD, per RFC 5116

  Commit: ace667763a2dae8884aa13042aab2c55fd74e791
      https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/commit/ace667763a2dae8884aa13042aab2c55fd74e791
  Author: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
  Date:   2020-07-03 (Fri, 03 Jul 2020)

  Changed paths:
    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md

  Log Message:
  -----------
  comman mistake

Co-authored-by: Mike Bishop <[email-masked]>

  Commit: 7962f3e399aef6a95288e6f20b22e980f89cf5be
      https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/commit/7962f3e399aef6a95288e6f20b22e980f89cf5be
  Author: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
  Date:   2020-07-03 (Fri, 03 Jul 2020)

  Changed paths:
    M draft-ietf-quic-tls.md

  Log Message:
  -----------
  Reduce and un-separate

These two statements are - to the extent that I can best determine -
redundant.  One is better.

Closes #3816.

  Commit: 2278a54320679745c5ace0d6bd6cd05be3128fcf
      https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/commit/2278a54320679745c5ace0d6bd6cd05be3128fcf
  Author: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
  Date:   2020-07-03 (Fri, 03 Jul 2020)

  Changed paths:
    M draft-ietf-quic-tls.md

  Log Message:
  -----------
  Tickets and tokens are not for communication

The text here was perhaps a little unclear on this point.  The point is
that these don't carry information from server to client or client to
server, they carry information from server (previous) to server (next).

Closes #3817.

  Commit: bd9605974dd60f06af1bebdb3ee3c27440d8e83f
      https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/commit/bd9605974dd60f06af1bebdb3ee3c27440d8e83f
  Author: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
  Date:   2020-07-06 (Mon, 06 Jul 2020)

  Changed paths:
    M draft-ietf-quic-tls.md

  Log Message:
  -----------
  tokens and tickets are opaque

  Commit: b5f313b4d11319c5541da517813dc8ce17772136
      https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/commit/b5f313b4d11319c5541da517813dc8ce17772136
  Author: Kazuho Oku <[email-masked]>
  Date:   2020-07-06 (Mon, 06 Jul 2020)

  Changed paths:
    M draft-ietf-quic-recovery.md

  Log Message:
  -----------
  update kInitialRtt to 333ms, use that constant

  Commit: fa9f2afff3dca923287bc8429e6066bd93980890
      https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/commit/fa9f2afff3dca923287bc8429e6066bd93980890
  Author: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
  Date:   2020-07-06 (Mon, 06 Jul 2020)

  Changed paths:
    M draft-ietf-quic-tls.md

  Log Message:
  -----------
  Reorder TLS interface summary

I came back to this today and found that the ordering was inconsistent
and not sufficiently clear.

Changing this so that all the actions for a single endpoint were grouped
seemed to be the best arrangement.  All events and actions are as close
as possible in the ordering to the preceding event that caused or
enabled it.

The application data packets are displayed with a different marking,
which helps distinguish those that carry CRYPTO frames.

The final implied exchange for Get Handshake was removed.  This was, I
think, intended to imply something about session tickets.  Without
explanation, it is confusing.

This doesn't show HANDSHAKE_DONE, nor do I think that it should, because
that is something that the transport does once it gets the Handshake
Complete signal.

  Commit: 9e94c00ed2133f30225fd31b4b7ea3ade8a9d702
      https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/commit/9e94c00ed2133f30225fd31b4b7ea3ade8a9d702
  Author: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
  Date:   2020-07-06 (Mon, 06 Jul 2020)

  Changed paths:
    M draft-ietf-quic-tls.md

  Log Message:
  -----------
  A small certificate is good

There are a few ways that this can be managed, but it's worth pointing
out why, and some things that might help.

Closes #3784.

  Commit: c7c75414c9f761b5a8875d308938522dd139e565
      https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/commit/c7c75414c9f761b5a8875d308938522dd139e565
  Author: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
  Date:   2020-07-06 (Mon, 06 Jul 2020)

  Changed paths:
    M draft-ietf-quic-tls.md

  Log Message:
  -----------
  Fixup grammarz

  Commit: 49b2e4864a3862ef21dd3702159d2bbdd9765cb4
      https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/commit/49b2e4864a3862ef21dd3702159d2bbdd9765cb4
  Author: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
  Date:   2020-07-06 (Mon, 06 Jul 2020)

  Changed paths:
    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md

  Log Message:
  -----------
  Fix line length

  Commit: 2315e5efbc06c3b8ae2e9dc265651831aaef6291
      https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/commit/2315e5efbc06c3b8ae2e9dc265651831aaef6291
  Author: Jonathan Hoyland <[email-masked]>
  Date:   2020-07-06 (Mon, 06 Jul 2020)

  Changed paths:
    M draft-ietf-quic-tls.md

  Log Message:
  -----------
  Fix nit

  Commit: ae8cb066a1763c37ed6f5f05fa8bf71599330c55
      https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/commit/ae8cb066a1763c37ed6f5f05fa8bf71599330c55
  Author: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
  Date:   2020-07-07 (Tue, 07 Jul 2020)

  Changed paths:
    M draft-ietf-quic-tls.md

  Log Message:
  -----------
  Merge pull request #3830 from jhoyla/jhoyla-nits

Fix grammar nit

  Commit: 8302a5f914c0ffe1c7a44520140f2aa4d7197c0b
      https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/commit/8302a5f914c0ffe1c7a44520140f2aa4d7197c0b
  Author: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
  Date:   2020-07-08 (Wed, 08 Jul 2020)

  Changed paths:
    M draft-ietf-quic-tls.md

  Log Message:
  -----------
  Reword first part

  Commit: 61dabb193a53311b28aaa2ada21ecdc6e2260cf0
      https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/commit/61dabb193a53311b28aaa2ada21ecdc6e2260cf0
  Author: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
  Date:   2020-07-08 (Wed, 08 Jul 2020)

  Changed paths:
    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md

  Log Message:
  -----------
  VN isn't acknowledged, implicitly or otherwise

This is a left-over from removing version negotiation from the draft.

Closes #3854.

  Commit: 148f8afbc1fce748a42d2753836a298a74b33ff1
      https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/commit/148f8afbc1fce748a42d2753836a298a74b33ff1
  Author: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
  Date:   2020-07-08 (Wed, 08 Jul 2020)

  Changed paths:
    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md

  Log Message:
  -----------
  A couple of random circumlocations

Closes #3846.

  Commit: d79bdc5b5b74a9a73d38f1eef32fd891036c36af
      https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/commit/d79bdc5b5b74a9a73d38f1eef32fd891036c36af
  Author: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
  Date:   2020-07-08 (Wed, 08 Jul 2020)

  Changed paths:
    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md

  Log Message:
  -----------
  Remove claim about 1-RTT keys

This claim isn't necessary, as the statement about suitability is what
matters here.

Closes #3839.

  Commit: 9e79a7769529bab3e459d74564b004d9cbdc2d3c
      https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/commit/9e79a7769529bab3e459d74564b004d9cbdc2d3c
  Author: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
  Date:   2020-07-08 (Wed, 08 Jul 2020)

  Changed paths:
    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md

  Log Message:
  -----------
  If a packet matches a connection, process it

Not saying explicitly that was a small oversight.

Closes #3837.

  Commit: 73c4da7ff17069db4374888aafab5c239d250634
      https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/commit/73c4da7ff17069db4374888aafab5c239d250634
  Author: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
  Date:   2020-07-08 (Wed, 08 Jul 2020)

  Changed paths:
    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md

  Log Message:
  -----------
  Clearer explanation of caveat on discarding packets

Those packets that are not authenticated can be discarded, but only if
processing them has no permanent effect on existing state.  This
attempts to explain that.

Closes #3836.

  Commit: f1b52d999e4d94eab44f39a737d8e2124042ba59
      https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/commit/f1b52d999e4d94eab44f39a737d8e2124042ba59
  Author: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
  Date:   2020-07-08 (Wed, 08 Jul 2020)

  Changed paths:
    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md

  Log Message:
  -----------
  Add frames, not packets

This uses positive framing for the recommendation to use frames rather
than packets.  And it makes that recommendation directly, rather than
implying it.

Closes #3850.

  Commit: 0a0126edef3d7d4d8f76e8264d7cc1c19e9f1b0e
      https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/commit/0a0126edef3d7d4d8f76e8264d7cc1c19e9f1b0e
  Author: Jana Iyengar <[email-masked]>
  Date:   2020-07-08 (Wed, 08 Jul 2020)

  Changed paths:
    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md

  Log Message:
  -----------
  Merge pull request #3857 from quicwg/vn-implicit-ack

VN isn't acknowledged, implicitly or otherwise

  Commit: fda048dcc0ac7135456e19d36ce9dbbe204c4c2e
      https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/commit/fda048dcc0ac7135456e19d36ce9dbbe204c4c2e
  Author: Jana Iyengar <[email-masked]>
  Date:   2020-07-08 (Wed, 08 Jul 2020)

  Changed paths:
    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md

  Log Message:
  -----------
  Merge pull request #3863 from quicwg/randomlocution

A couple of random circumlocations

  Commit: eb8b076ed58cb17dac824d7ac19e1824de7b6092
      https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/commit/eb8b076ed58cb17dac824d7ac19e1824de7b6092
  Author: Jana Iyengar <[email-masked]>
  Date:   2020-07-08 (Wed, 08 Jul 2020)

  Changed paths:
    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md

  Log Message:
  -----------
  Merge pull request #3867 from quicwg/packets-for-connection

If a packet matches a connection, process it

  Commit: 035ab1fac0437990ccd98925abb096719b20fbd8
      https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/commit/035ab1fac0437990ccd98925abb096719b20fbd8
  Author: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
  Date:   2020-07-09 (Thu, 09 Jul 2020)

  Changed paths:
    M draft-ietf-quic-tls.md

  Log Message:
  -----------
  Group 0-RTT sections

This adds a short introductory section to the three sections that deal
with 0-RTT.  That might help contextualize and help contain the
spaghetti structure that this section seems to have.

  Commit: 1266955162fbc9ed9b458755854a4df4407b02bc
      https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/commit/1266955162fbc9ed9b458755854a4df4407b02bc
  Author: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
  Date:   2020-07-09 (Thu, 09 Jul 2020)

  Changed paths:
    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md

  Log Message:
  -----------
  Merge pull request #3809 from quicwg/path-response-path

Clear vestiges of path validation symmetry

  Commit: 1f7ceabb0fd8d2e6491717901409a99b36726001
      https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/commit/1f7ceabb0fd8d2e6491717901409a99b36726001
  Author: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
  Date:   2020-07-09 (Thu, 09 Jul 2020)

  Changed paths:
    M draft-ietf-quic-tls.md

  Log Message:
  -----------
  Prohibit the offering of TLS <1.3

Just in case this wasn't blindingly obvious.

Closes #3878.

  Commit: 83945b5b70556c0fc9f48b5e1d6d25e7d5c303bb
      https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/commit/83945b5b70556c0fc9f48b5e1d6d25e7d5c303bb
  Author: Mike Bishop <[email-masked]>
  Date:   2020-07-09 (Thu, 09 Jul 2020)

  Changed paths:
    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md

  Log Message:
  -----------
  Repunctuate

  Commit: 9d632b0dae8f4eff6def26e96b052128cdb2e542
      https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/commit/9d632b0dae8f4eff6def26e96b052128cdb2e542
  Author: Roy T. Fielding <[email-masked]>
  Date:   2020-07-09 (Thu, 09 Jul 2020)

  Changed paths:
    M draft-ietf-quic-http.md

  Log Message:
  -----------
  do not refer to HTTP/1 as a TCP mapping (#3884)

* do not refer to HTTP/1 as a TCP mapping

* Rewrap

Co-authored-by: Mike Bishop <[email-masked]>

  Commit: a96ea27ea8e9487b353e8b683bb295b20cf15d7a
      https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/commit/a96ea27ea8e9487b353e8b683bb295b20cf15d7a
  Author: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
  Date:   2020-07-10 (Fri, 10 Jul 2020)

  Changed paths:
    M draft-ietf-quic-tls.md

  Log Message:
  -----------
  --comma

Co-authored-by: Mike Bishop <[email-masked]>

  Commit: 66419264f22443673416df28d983d8018a2df879
      https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/commit/66419264f22443673416df28d983d8018a2df879
  Author: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
  Date:   2020-07-10 (Fri, 10 Jul 2020)

  Changed paths:
    M draft-ietf-quic-tls.md

  Log Message:
  -----------
  Context, context, context

  Commit: 72ccf149b20a67b39cba500e0e84a592f2f0423d
      https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/commit/72ccf149b20a67b39cba500e0e84a592f2f0423d
  Author: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
  Date:   2020-07-10 (Fri, 10 Jul 2020)

  Changed paths:
    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md

  Log Message:
  -----------
  Merge pull request #3888 from quicwg/transport/csplice

Repunctuate #3867

  Commit: c84501ae6cf7031c29b7d592e05d4d1dd23bf48c
      https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/commit/c84501ae6cf7031c29b7d592e05d4d1dd23bf48c
  Author: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
  Date:   2020-07-10 (Fri, 10 Jul 2020)

  Changed paths:
    M draft-ietf-quic-tls.md

  Log Message:
  -----------
  Merge pull request #3882 from quicwg/no-tls12

Prohibit the offering of TLS <1.3

  Commit: 88e5ca8f65e61cae07c4bc029854190fe9124e9c
      https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/commit/88e5ca8f65e61cae07c4bc029854190fe9124e9c
  Author: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
  Date:   2020-07-10 (Fri, 10 Jul 2020)

  Changed paths:
    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md

  Log Message:
  -----------
  resulted, I guess

  Commit: fe42f509cd1c03873bc74ca01ab9d0b60d13c9eb
      https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/commit/fe42f509cd1c03873bc74ca01ab9d0b60d13c9eb
  Author: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
  Date:   2020-07-10 (Fri, 10 Jul 2020)

  Changed paths:
    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md

  Log Message:
  -----------
  Merge pull request #3869 from quicwg/partial-processing

Clearer explanation of caveat on discarding packets

  Commit: e8eed6e6ab2de5c07c9bbb094478c71a525b162c
      https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/commit/e8eed6e6ab2de5c07c9bbb094478c71a525b162c
  Author: Mike Bishop <[email-masked]>
  Date:   2020-07-10 (Fri, 10 Jul 2020)

  Changed paths:
    M draft-ietf-quic-http.md

  Log Message:
  -----------
  Fixes #3815 (#3886)

  Commit: eeb38347eec33512acf05a754e3491954f0be5a6
      https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/commit/eeb38347eec33512acf05a754e3491954f0be5a6
  Author: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
  Date:   2020-07-13 (Mon, 13 Jul 2020)

  Changed paths:
    M draft-ietf-quic-tls.md

  Log Message:
  -----------
  Merge pull request #3825 from quicwg/small-cert-good

A small certificate is good

  Commit: aad5c6b5ad0d9dbf5d23ae87c25672a7dbe58009
      https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/commit/aad5c6b5ad0d9dbf5d23ae87c25672a7dbe58009
  Author: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
  Date:   2020-07-13 (Mon, 13 Jul 2020)

  Changed paths:
    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md

  Log Message:
  -----------
  Merge pull request #3866 from quicwg/1rtt-keys-not-fs

Remove claim about 1-RTT keys

  Commit: 0f10acee08533cdf353b828a4c018a12354e5a75
      https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/commit/0f10acee08533cdf353b828a4c018a12354e5a75
  Author: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
  Date:   2020-07-13 (Mon, 13 Jul 2020)

  Changed paths:
    M draft-ietf-quic-tls.md

  Log Message:
  -----------
  handshake data

  Commit: ceec57409394d00366eb32bd77d192073a46540b
      https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/commit/ceec57409394d00366eb32bd77d192073a46540b
  Author: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
  Date:   2020-07-13 (Mon, 13 Jul 2020)

  Changed paths:
    M draft-ietf-quic-tls.md

  Log Message:
  -----------
  Merge pull request #3824 from quicwg/interface-summary-order

Reorder TLS interface summary

  Commit: a55dc7bf5350d327eaa0e67d0ee524d0ea0b4357
      https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/commit/a55dc7bf5350d327eaa0e67d0ee524d0ea0b4357
  Author: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
  Date:   2020-07-13 (Mon, 13 Jul 2020)

  Changed paths:
    M draft-ietf-quic-tls.md

  Log Message:
  -----------
  Fewer words

  Commit: e9dd5b8eb51639e39ff3a88466dbcc9e81f9e237
      https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/commit/e9dd5b8eb51639e39ff3a88466dbcc9e81f9e237
  Author: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
  Date:   2020-07-13 (Mon, 13 Jul 2020)

  Changed paths:
    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md

  Log Message:
  -----------
  Don't reset an active connection

It's not that great that this text never said this so directly before.

Closes #3832.

  Commit: c8e47f6c376807b7e4b2c8c180ef4fff04b8b3a2
      https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/commit/c8e47f6c376807b7e4b2c8c180ef4fff04b8b3a2
  Author: Julian Reschke <[email-masked]>
  Date:   2020-07-13 (Mon, 13 Jul 2020)

  Changed paths:
    M draft-ietf-quic-qpack.md

  Log Message:
  -----------
  qpack: fix HTTP Semantics section ref

for semantics-09

  Commit: 1d635c175972b023875293294762068cc55944c5
      https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/commit/1d635c175972b023875293294762068cc55944c5
  Author: Julian Reschke <[email-masked]>
  Date:   2020-07-13 (Mon, 13 Jul 2020)

  Changed paths:
    M draft-ietf-quic-http.md

  Log Message:
  -----------
  http: fix sectiom references into HTTP Semantics (-09) (#3891)

* http: fix sectiom references into HTTP Semantics (-09)

* Rewrap

Co-authored-by: Mike Bishop <[email-masked]>

  Commit: a76230e1c550518527a33acfdd16f59cf7001beb
      https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/commit/a76230e1c550518527a33acfdd16f59cf7001beb
  Author: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
  Date:   2020-07-14 (Tue, 14 Jul 2020)

  Changed paths:
    M draft-ietf-quic-tls.md

  Log Message:
  -----------
  all info

Co-authored-by: Mike Bishop <[email-masked]>

  Commit: e2b89226d91b276178a2cd20aba11088246b6e66
      https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/commit/e2b89226d91b276178a2cd20aba11088246b6e66
  Author: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
  Date:   2020-07-14 (Tue, 14 Jul 2020)

  Changed paths:
    M draft-ietf-quic-tls.md

  Log Message:
  -----------
  Rewrap

  Commit: 850e0c9c3bf6a5c6485202f222d7b1ecc78eb716
      https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/commit/850e0c9c3bf6a5c6485202f222d7b1ecc78eb716
  Author: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
  Date:   2020-07-14 (Tue, 14 Jul 2020)

  Changed paths:
    M draft-ietf-quic-tls.md

  Log Message:
  -----------
  Merge pull request #3879 from quicwg/0rtt-section

Group 0-RTT sections

  Commit: 09abe556c0b939cc7933c596899ea5c366c11d91
      https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/commit/09abe556c0b939cc7933c596899ea5c366c11d91
  Author: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
  Date:   2020-07-14 (Tue, 14 Jul 2020)

  Changed paths:
    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md

  Log Message:
  -----------
  Reword as suggested by Jana

  Commit: fe5a166e32faaec2a73a8f95647e1e84c26e9bd9
      https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/commit/fe5a166e32faaec2a73a8f95647e1e84c26e9bd9
  Author: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
  Date:   2020-07-14 (Tue, 14 Jul 2020)

  Changed paths:
    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md

  Log Message:
  -----------
  Merge pull request #3872 from quicwg/just-add-frames

Add frames, not packets

  Commit: c197894db65f3611f97f25fadaabf986e504634b
      https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/commit/c197894db65f3611f97f25fadaabf986e504634b
  Author: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
  Date:   2020-07-14 (Tue, 14 Jul 2020)

  Changed paths:
    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md

  Log Message:
  -----------
  Scope this more.

Co-authored-by: Mike Bishop <[email-masked]>

  Commit: f91ecf0bffcc5fd34a1070c90fbd56c8b266c4d1
      https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/commit/f91ecf0bffcc5fd34a1070c90fbd56c8b266c4d1
  Author: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
  Date:   2020-07-14 (Tue, 14 Jul 2020)

  Changed paths:
    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md

  Log Message:
  -----------
  wrap

  Commit: 40f0d61b9b2aadb490292e538e4de52dda671c71
      https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/commit/40f0d61b9b2aadb490292e538e4de52dda671c71
  Author: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
  Date:   2020-07-14 (Tue, 14 Jul 2020)

  Changed paths:
    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md

  Log Message:
  -----------
  Merge pull request #3894 from quicwg/stateless-reset-summary

Don't reset an active connection

  Commit: 9349c88f21bdf88ecd429d69f101d4aa8180c03b
      https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/commit/9349c88f21bdf88ecd429d69f101d4aa8180c03b
  Author: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
  Date:   2020-07-14 (Tue, 14 Jul 2020)

  Changed paths:
    M draft-ietf-quic-tls.md

  Log Message:
  -----------
  Merge pull request #3819 from quicwg/separately-keys

Reduce and un-separate

  Commit: e82e1015b1e623aede318847cfc12f9abdbd0285
      https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/commit/e82e1015b1e623aede318847cfc12f9abdbd0285
  Author: Jana Iyengar <[email-masked]>
  Date:   2020-07-13 (Mon, 13 Jul 2020)

  Changed paths:
    M draft-ietf-quic-recovery.md

  Log Message:
  -----------
  Merge pull request #3823 from kazuho/kazuho/kinitialrtt

update kInitialRtt to 333ms, use that constant

  Commit: 6e886707ae9ebfe164c8183f6ccccbb623c59e90
      https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/commit/6e886707ae9ebfe164c8183f6ccccbb623c59e90
  Author: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
  Date:   2020-07-14 (Tue, 14 Jul 2020)

  Changed paths:
    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md

  Log Message:
  -----------
  Merge pull request #3807 from quicwg/define-preferred-address

Define preferred_address

  Commit: 5464c6fde4443dfbb6274d9caf34442113003d22
      https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/commit/5464c6fde4443dfbb6274d9caf34442113003d22
  Author: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
  Date:   2020-07-14 (Tue, 14 Jul 2020)

  Changed paths:
    M draft-ietf-quic-tls.md

  Log Message:
  -----------
  Merge pull request #3820 from quicwg/ticket-semantics

Tickets and tokens are not for communication

  Commit: 4479b16ed2d268284f7777d5ceb0935fcbdfd950
      https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/commit/4479b16ed2d268284f7777d5ceb0935fcbdfd950
  Author: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
  Date:   2020-07-15 (Wed, 15 Jul 2020)

  Changed paths:
    M draft-ietf-quic-http.md
    M draft-ietf-quic-invariants.md
    M draft-ietf-quic-qpack.md
    M draft-ietf-quic-recovery.md
    M draft-ietf-quic-tls.md
    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md
    M protection-samples.js

  Log Message:
  -----------
  Merge branch 'master' into version-not

Identify VN using 0x00000000.

Compare: https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/compare/b10404aba157...4479b16ed2d2