Subject: [quicwg/base-drafts] A in AEAD, per RFC 5116 (#3812)

From: Mike Bishop <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 01 Jul 2020 12:48:29 -0700

I&#39;d always heard this as &quot;Authenticated Encryption with Additional Data,&quot; so it was -tls that sounded funny.  But looking at 5116, it&#39;s actually &quot;Associated&quot; data and -tls is correct.  Fixing in -transport.
You can view, comment on, or merge this pull request online at:

  https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3812

-- Commit Summary --

  * Per RFC 5116

-- File Changes --

    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md (10)

-- Patch Links --

https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3812.patch
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3812.diff

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3812

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 01 Jul 2020 18:02:03 -0700

Merged #3812 into master.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3812#event-3504828851

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 01 Jul 2020 18:02:29 -0700

I read this as referring to Authenticated at first.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3812#issuecomment-652719277