Subject: [quicwg/base-drafts] Reorder TLS interface summary (#3824)

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 05 Jul 2020 19:07:05 -0700

I came back to this today and found that the ordering was inconsistent
and not sufficiently clear.

Changing this so that all the actions for a single endpoint were grouped
seemed to be the best arrangement.  All events and actions are as close
as possible in the ordering to the preceding event that caused or
enabled it.

The application data packets are displayed with a different marking,
which helps distinguish those that carry CRYPTO frames.

The final implied exchange for Get Handshake was removed.  This was, I
think, intended to imply something about session tickets.  Without
explanation, it is confusing.

This doesn&#39;t show HANDSHAKE_DONE, nor do I think that it should, because
that is something that the transport does once it gets the Handshake
Complete signal.
You can view, comment on, or merge this pull request online at:

  https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3824

-- Commit Summary --

  * Reorder TLS interface summary

-- File Changes --

    M draft-ietf-quic-tls.md (39)

-- Patch Links --

https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3824.patch
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3824.diff

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3824

---

From: Nick Banks <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 06 Jul 2020 07:20:48 -0700

@nibanks approved this pull request.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3824#pullrequestreview-443120173

---

From: Mike Bishop <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 09 Jul 2020 07:18:46 -0700

@MikeBishop approved this pull request.

> @@ -548,47 +548,50 @@ use.
 ### TLS Interface Summary
 
 {{exchange-summary}} summarizes the exchange between QUIC and TLS for both
-client and server. Each arrow is tagged with the encryption level used for that
-transmission.
+client and server. Solid arrows indicate packets that carry CRYPTO frames;

Technically speaking, 1-RTT packets can carry CRYPTO frames, too.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3824#pullrequestreview-445661405

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 09 Jul 2020 17:22:29 -0700

@martinthomson commented on this pull request.

Yes, well technically this doesn't say that they don't, only that these do. :)

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3824#discussion_r452558734

---

From: Mike Bishop <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2020 12:59:12 -0700

@MikeBishop commented on this pull request.

Touché.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3824#discussion_r453050988

---

From: Jana Iyengar <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 12 Jul 2020 18:14:40 -0700

@janaiyengar approved this pull request.

LGTM, one suggestion

Why not say "handshake data", since you say "application data" later?

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3824#pullrequestreview-446931037

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 12 Jul 2020 18:21:20 -0700

@martinthomson pushed 1 commit.

0f10acee08533cdf353b828a4c018a12354e5a75  handshake data

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
View it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3824/files/fa9f2afff3dca923287bc8429e6066bd93980890..0f10acee08533cdf353b828a4c018a12354e5a75

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 12 Jul 2020 18:21:27 -0700

Merged #3824 into master.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3824#event-3537636880