Subject: [quicwg/base-drafts] Cherry-pick from Ekr's WGLC edits (#3901)

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2020 00:04:25 -0700

This picks those changes from #3856 that are good that don&#39;t conflict
with other changes that are in flight (to the best of my knowledge, that
is).

I&#39;ve done some additional editorial work around some of these as no
surrounding text is safe when these edits land.

Closes #3856.
You can view, comment on, or merge this pull request online at:

  https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3901

-- Commit Summary --

  * Cherry-pick from Ekr&#39;s WGLC edits

-- File Changes --

    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md (91)

-- Patch Links --

https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3901.patch
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3901.diff

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3901

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2020 15:47:56 -0700

@martinthomson pushed 1 commit.

fc972928fb64f7cd15057a3dc634940e5a40553f  Merge branch 'master' into cherry-pick-ekr-edit

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
View it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3901/files/68bf99ffa5937dbfe80e651e02921852db2b6a64..fc972928fb64f7cd15057a3dc634940e5a40553f

---

From: Jana Iyengar <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2020 15:51:48 -0700

@janaiyengar approved this pull request.

one nit, but LGTM

>  A receiver sets initial limits for all streams by sending transport parameters
 during the handshake ({{transport-parameters}}).  A receiver sends
 MAX_STREAM_DATA ({{frame-max-stream-data}}) or MAX_DATA ({{frame-max-data}})
 frames to the sender to advertise larger limits.
 
 A receiver can advertise a larger limit for a stream by sending a
-MAX_STREAM_DATA frame with the Stream ID field set appropriately. A
+MAX_STREAM_DATA frame with a corresponding Stream ID field. A

```suggestion
MAX_STREAM_DATA frame with the corresponding stream ID. A
```

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3901#pullrequestreview-448516300

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2020 15:52:23 -0700

911c0f9f57119f2843a1118551edc39eb9784025  stream ID not the field

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
View it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3901/files/fc972928fb64f7cd15057a3dc634940e5a40553f..911c0f9f57119f2843a1118551edc39eb9784025

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2020 15:52:57 -0700

Merged #3901 into master.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3901#event-3546211283