Subject: [quicwg/base-drafts] ff6538: Cite a source for the 30s timeout

From: Mike Bishop <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 09 Jul 2020 08:03:26 -0700

Branch: refs/heads/transport/mbishop_wglc
  Home:   https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts
  Commit: ff6538a6b79fe786abaae55c0510202403af3df5
      https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/commit/ff6538a6b79fe786abaae55c0510202403af3df5
  Author: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
  Date:   2020-07-01 (Wed, 01 Jul 2020)

  Changed paths:
    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md

  Log Message:
  -----------
  Cite a source for the 30s timeout

Thanks to Lucas for finding the study.  Note that I found at least one
middlebox with a default timeout of 30s; that was not a home gateway
included in this study.

Closes #3799.

  Commit: c2b663f7a9de24b7a74390e5a528aa65d9e5e8ff
      https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/commit/c2b663f7a9de24b7a74390e5a528aa65d9e5e8ff
  Author: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
  Date:   2020-07-01 (Wed, 01 Jul 2020)

  Changed paths:
    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md

  Log Message:
  -----------
  Clear vestiges of path validation symmetry

In early versions of path validation, there was a requirement that
PATH_CHALLENGE be sent on the same path.  This is, for various reasons,
either unnecessary or harmful, so we no longer have that requirement.
But there was some residual text that assumed that property.

This removes a paragraph citing symmetry directly, and rewords text that
assumes return reachability - a property that QUIC no longer provides
mechanisms for.

Closes #3797.

  Commit: 8967ffac97b7974bbfc7cd47c3667c2770835f4a
      https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/commit/8967ffac97b7974bbfc7cd47c3667c2770835f4a
  Author: Jana Iyengar <[email-masked]>
  Date:   2020-07-01 (Wed, 01 Jul 2020)

  Changed paths:
    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md

  Log Message:
  -----------
  Merge pull request #3806 from quicwg/30s

Cite a source for the 30s timeout

  Commit: fb702babd8275b765ccd7d3422918a273836f485
      https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/commit/fb702babd8275b765ccd7d3422918a273836f485
  Author: Mike Bishop <[email-masked]>
  Date:   2020-07-01 (Wed, 01 Jul 2020)

  Changed paths:
    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md

  Log Message:
  -----------
  Per RFC 5116

  Commit: 5e3723af74412f87907ec50025bd9c7510e8ad27
      https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/commit/5e3723af74412f87907ec50025bd9c7510e8ad27
  Author: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
  Date:   2020-07-02 (Thu, 02 Jul 2020)

  Changed paths:
    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md

  Log Message:
  -----------
  Merge pull request #3812 from quicwg/transport/aead

A in AEAD, per RFC 5116

  Commit: ace667763a2dae8884aa13042aab2c55fd74e791
      https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/commit/ace667763a2dae8884aa13042aab2c55fd74e791
  Author: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
  Date:   2020-07-03 (Fri, 03 Jul 2020)

  Changed paths:
    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md

  Log Message:
  -----------
  comman mistake

Co-authored-by: Mike Bishop <[email-masked]>

  Commit: 49b2e4864a3862ef21dd3702159d2bbdd9765cb4
      https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/commit/49b2e4864a3862ef21dd3702159d2bbdd9765cb4
  Author: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
  Date:   2020-07-06 (Mon, 06 Jul 2020)

  Changed paths:
    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md

  Log Message:
  -----------
  Fix line length

  Commit: 2315e5efbc06c3b8ae2e9dc265651831aaef6291
      https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/commit/2315e5efbc06c3b8ae2e9dc265651831aaef6291
  Author: Jonathan Hoyland <[email-masked]>
  Date:   2020-07-06 (Mon, 06 Jul 2020)

  Changed paths:
    M draft-ietf-quic-tls.md

  Log Message:
  -----------
  Fix nit

  Commit: ae8cb066a1763c37ed6f5f05fa8bf71599330c55
      https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/commit/ae8cb066a1763c37ed6f5f05fa8bf71599330c55
  Author: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
  Date:   2020-07-07 (Tue, 07 Jul 2020)

  Changed paths:
    M draft-ietf-quic-tls.md

  Log Message:
  -----------
  Merge pull request #3830 from jhoyla/jhoyla-nits

Fix grammar nit

  Commit: 61dabb193a53311b28aaa2ada21ecdc6e2260cf0
      https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/commit/61dabb193a53311b28aaa2ada21ecdc6e2260cf0
  Author: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
  Date:   2020-07-08 (Wed, 08 Jul 2020)

  Changed paths:
    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md

  Log Message:
  -----------
  VN isn't acknowledged, implicitly or otherwise

This is a left-over from removing version negotiation from the draft.

Closes #3854.

  Commit: 148f8afbc1fce748a42d2753836a298a74b33ff1
      https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/commit/148f8afbc1fce748a42d2753836a298a74b33ff1
  Author: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
  Date:   2020-07-08 (Wed, 08 Jul 2020)

  Changed paths:
    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md

  Log Message:
  -----------
  A couple of random circumlocations

Closes #3846.

  Commit: 9e79a7769529bab3e459d74564b004d9cbdc2d3c
      https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/commit/9e79a7769529bab3e459d74564b004d9cbdc2d3c
  Author: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
  Date:   2020-07-08 (Wed, 08 Jul 2020)

  Changed paths:
    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md

  Log Message:
  -----------
  If a packet matches a connection, process it

Not saying explicitly that was a small oversight.

Closes #3837.

  Commit: 0a0126edef3d7d4d8f76e8264d7cc1c19e9f1b0e
      https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/commit/0a0126edef3d7d4d8f76e8264d7cc1c19e9f1b0e
  Author: Jana Iyengar <[email-masked]>
  Date:   2020-07-08 (Wed, 08 Jul 2020)

  Changed paths:
    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md

  Log Message:
  -----------
  Merge pull request #3857 from quicwg/vn-implicit-ack

VN isn't acknowledged, implicitly or otherwise

  Commit: fda048dcc0ac7135456e19d36ce9dbbe204c4c2e
      https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/commit/fda048dcc0ac7135456e19d36ce9dbbe204c4c2e
  Author: Jana Iyengar <[email-masked]>
  Date:   2020-07-08 (Wed, 08 Jul 2020)

  Changed paths:
    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md

  Log Message:
  -----------
  Merge pull request #3863 from quicwg/randomlocution

A couple of random circumlocations

  Commit: eb8b076ed58cb17dac824d7ac19e1824de7b6092
      https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/commit/eb8b076ed58cb17dac824d7ac19e1824de7b6092
  Author: Jana Iyengar <[email-masked]>
  Date:   2020-07-08 (Wed, 08 Jul 2020)

  Changed paths:
    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md

  Log Message:
  -----------
  Merge pull request #3867 from quicwg/packets-for-connection

If a packet matches a connection, process it

  Commit: 1266955162fbc9ed9b458755854a4df4407b02bc
      https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/commit/1266955162fbc9ed9b458755854a4df4407b02bc
  Author: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
  Date:   2020-07-09 (Thu, 09 Jul 2020)

  Changed paths:
    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md

  Log Message:
  -----------
  Merge pull request #3809 from quicwg/path-response-path

Clear vestiges of path validation symmetry

  Commit: c0d8a453b56a7f51ea56beae22d12073dd227b9b
      https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/commit/c0d8a453b56a7f51ea56beae22d12073dd227b9b
  Author: Mike Bishop <[email-masked]>
  Date:   2020-07-09 (Thu, 09 Jul 2020)

  Changed paths:
    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md

  Log Message:
  -----------
  Incorporating feedback

  Commit: af4f6bc3959128e04f28ae07695f58f62caaaabc
      https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/commit/af4f6bc3959128e04f28ae07695f58f62caaaabc
  Author: Mike Bishop <[email-masked]>
  Date:   2020-07-09 (Thu, 09 Jul 2020)

  Changed paths:
    M draft-ietf-quic-tls.md
    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md

  Log Message:
  -----------
  Merge remote-tracking branch 'origin/master' into transport/mbishop_wglc

Compare: https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/compare/4a967aa11e09...af4f6bc39591