Subject: [quicwg/base-drafts] Various circomlocutions for high entropy (#3846)

From: ekr <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 07 Jul 2020 18:49:32 -0700

I see a couple of places where we require that values have high entropy. For instance

> A stateless reset uses an entire UDP datagram, starting with the first two bits
of the packet header.  The remainder of the first byte and an arbitrary number
of bytes following it that are set to unpredictable values.  The last 16 bytes
of the datagram contain a Stateless Reset Token.

and

> A PATH_CHALLENGE frame containing 8 bytes that are hard to guess is sufficient
to ensure that it is easier to receive the packet than it is to guess the value
correctly.

In general, this means that things contain sufficient entropy (so, for instance, you might have a value with some fixed values and some high entropy values). In any case, I think the first of these should be "indistinguishable from random" and the second should be "containing at least 64 bits worth of entropy"

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3846

---

From: Jana Iyengar <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 08 Jul 2020 16:56:42 -0700

Closed #3846 via #3863.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3846#event-3527438912