Subject: Re: [quicwg/base-drafts] The minimum-information guarantee in invariants (#3810)

From: Nick Banks <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 01 Jul 2020 06:45:09 -0700

@nibanks approved this pull request.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3810#pullrequestreview-440882732

---

From: Jana Iyengar <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 01 Jul 2020 19:46:22 -0700

@janaiyengar approved this pull request.

> @@ -88,9 +88,11 @@ IP-version-independent.
 
 The primary goal of this document is to ensure that it is possible to deploy new
 versions of QUIC.  By documenting the properties that can't change, this
-document aims to preserve the ability to change any other aspect of the
-protocol.  Thus, unless specifically described in this document, any aspect of
-the protocol can change between different versions.
+document aims to preserve the ability for QUIC endpoints to negotiate changes to
+any other aspect of the protocol.  As a consequence, this also guarantees a
+minimal amount of information that is made available to entities other than
+endpoints.  Unless specifically described in this document, any aspect of the

```suggestion
endpoints.  Unless specifically prohibited in this document, any aspect of the
```

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3810#pullrequestreview-441313886

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 01 Jul 2020 20:44:01 -0700

@martinthomson pushed 1 commit.

fb90c6e9bac22fe9286112530ef2871328fe383f  prohibited

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
View it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3810/files/54c61ece422b1db4408f3c3dd85be9cf95f0f86a..fb90c6e9bac22fe9286112530ef2871328fe383f

---

From: ianswett <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2020 14:48:33 -0700

@ianswett approved this pull request.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3810#pullrequestreview-447634272

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2020 15:50:35 -0700

Merged #3810 into master.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3810#event-3546206426