Subject: [quicwg/base-drafts] Reno does not require window reduction on loss (#3944)

From: Jana Iyengar <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2020 20:41:11 -0700

As it stands, the recovery draft does not require the congestion window to be reduced on loss. The only part that talks about this is in Section 7.4, which says:
```
When a loss or ECN-CE marking is detected, NewReno halves the congestion window, sets the
slow start threshold to the new congestion window, and then enters the recovery period.
```
We need to require this reduction for the controller to be a NewReno controller.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3944

---

From: ianswett <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 25 Jul 2020 12:50:11 -0700

To clarify, this isn't a change in what we're describing, you just want to add normative language?

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3944#issuecomment-663894167