Subject: [quicwg/base-drafts] Ban offering TLS < 1.3 (#3878)

From: ekr <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 08 Jul 2020 16:41:46 -0700

The TLS spec says:

> A badly configured TLS implementation could negotiate TLS 1.2 or another older
version of TLS.  An endpoint MUST terminate the connection if a version of TLS
older than 1.3 is negotiated.

I would propose that we forbid clients from offering 1.2 or older [and maybe require servers to enforce this]. 

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3878

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 09 Jul 2020 17:59:48 -0700

Closed #3878 via #3882.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3878#event-3531961816