Subject: [quicwg/base-drafts] 89ac29: Strike confusing paragraph

From: Mike Bishop <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2020 16:10:12 -0700

Branch: refs/heads/http/h2_settings_reserved
  Home:   https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts
  Commit: 89ac29735a54173093bcafa968f423aeeb45a6fc
      https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/commit/89ac29735a54173093bcafa968f423aeeb45a6fc
  Author: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
  Date:   2020-08-05 (Wed, 05 Aug 2020)

  Changed paths:
    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md

  Log Message:
  -----------
  Strike confusing paragraph

This text could be read to imply that an off-path attacker is more
capable than an on-path attacker, which is rarely true.  What it was
meant to point out was that it is easier to move traffic onto a path
that you are on.  What it fails to acknowledge is that it is also easier
to move traffic *off* a path that you are on.

In other words, the treatment of this in 21.12 is more thorough and we
don't need to talk about limitations.

Mike suggested that there is some duplication between this attack and
the more comprehensive analysis in 21.12.  That is true, but these serve
different purposes.  This is to describe attacks and the normative
requirements on endpoints necessary to avoid them.  The other section is
a thorough and hollistic analysis.  I couldn't see any truly
straightforward changes.  That doesn't mean that we won't find a way to
clean this up, or that it would be undesirable to have fewer words, but
I've not the time for that right now.

Closes #3841.

  Commit: 1373d195146a5a0d5ea911816ecb6d813b129545
      https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/commit/1373d195146a5a0d5ea911816ecb6d813b129545
  Author: Bence Béky <[email-masked]>
  Date:   2020-08-10 (Mon, 10 Aug 2020)

  Changed paths:
    M draft-ietf-quic-http.md

  Log Message:
  -----------
  Application can reset stream or close connection even if no error occurs. (#3953)

* Application can reset stream or close connection even if no error occurs.

The application may reset a stream, for example, when a browser tab is
closed or when the pushed resource is found in cache.  It might close
the connection when the application is closed.  These are not errors per
se, even though the term "stream error" and "connection error" is used
for these events, and they have an associated "error code".

* Update draft-ietf-quic-http.md

Co-authored-by: Mike Bishop <[email-masked]>

* Jana's suggestion to pluralize errors.

* Jana's suggestion to pluralize even more

Co-authored-by: Jana Iyengar <[email-masked]>

* Mike's wording of "indicate a problem"

Co-authored-by: Mike Bishop <[email-masked]>

Co-authored-by: Bence Béky <[email-masked]>
Co-authored-by: Mike Bishop <[email-masked]>
Co-authored-by: Jana Iyengar <[email-masked]>

  Commit: b5cd992d874e880d803127f68704f63999efb53b
      https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/commit/b5cd992d874e880d803127f68704f63999efb53b
  Author: Jana Iyengar <[email-masked]>
  Date:   2020-08-11 (Tue, 11 Aug 2020)

  Changed paths:
    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md

  Log Message:
  -----------
  Merge pull request #3985 from quicwg/on-path-is-stronger

Strike confusing paragraph

  Commit: b9d2f19ff02163362a5c1cf1e4bd66544bf22f87
      https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/commit/b9d2f19ff02163362a5c1cf1e4bd66544bf22f87
  Author: Mike Bishop <[email-masked]>
  Date:   2020-08-11 (Tue, 11 Aug 2020)

  Changed paths:
    M draft-ietf-quic-http.md

  Log Message:
  -----------
  Rearrange discussion of cancellation and rejection (#3926)

* Rearrange discussion of cancellation and rejection

* Bence's feedback

* Break mega

  Commit: f8b8804dfa1930b8022b7451d3e616f60ec377d3
      https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/commit/f8b8804dfa1930b8022b7451d3e616f60ec377d3
  Author: Mike Bishop <[email-masked]>
  Date:   2020-08-11 (Tue, 11 Aug 2020)

  Changed paths:
    M draft-ietf-quic-http.md

  Log Message:
  -----------
  Rework flow of Push ID (#3925)

* Rework flow of Push ID

* Feedback from Bence/Lucas

* Apply suggestions from code review

Co-authored-by: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>

* Update draft-ietf-quic-http.md

Co-authored-by: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>

* Not additional

* Update draft-ietf-quic-http.md

Co-authored-by: ianswett <[email-masked]>

* Rewrap

Co-authored-by: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Co-authored-by: ianswett <[email-masked]>

  Commit: b1b5769211610986c16f97bb2201e06f694ef183
      https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/commit/b1b5769211610986c16f97bb2201e06f694ef183
  Author: Mike Bishop <[email-masked]>
  Date:   2020-08-11 (Tue, 11 Aug 2020)

  Changed paths:
    M draft-ietf-quic-http.md

  Log Message:
  -----------
  Editorial nits for HTTP (#3942)

* HTTP WGLC review

* Plural

* Apply suggestions from code review

Co-authored-by: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>

* Martin's suggestion

Co-authored-by: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>

  Commit: a3e82f272c2eb28b04d08b9106a138d5ae02d0fc
      https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/commit/a3e82f272c2eb28b04d08b9106a138d5ae02d0fc
  Author: Mike Bishop <[email-masked]>
  Date:   2020-08-11 (Tue, 11 Aug 2020)

  Changed paths:
    M draft-ietf-quic-http.md
    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md

  Log Message:
  -----------
  Merge remote-tracking branch 'origin/master' into http/h2_settings_reserved

Compare: https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/compare/d18fcbcede4e...a3e82f272c2e