Subject: [quicwg/base-drafts] What was intended by “control violations” (#4019)

From: Lars Eggert <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2020 07:30:01 -0700

(Broken out of #3241.)

>A receiver maintains a cumulative sum of
>   bytes received on all streams, which is used to check for flow
>   control violations./
- It would have helped me, had this explained what was intended by “control violations” - I think it means to detect when the sender sends more than permitted by the flow control limit. I think the control part comes in a later sentence? (Is this measured against the largest advertised offset, or the current offset? … given what is written about reducing the advertised value?)

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/4019

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2020 15:47:30 -0700

Closed #4019 via #4032.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/4019#event-3672864372