Subject: [quicwg/base-drafts] 89ac29: Strike confusing paragraph

From: Jana Iyengar <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2020 14:46:25 -0700

Branch: refs/heads/master
  Home:   https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts
  Commit: 89ac29735a54173093bcafa968f423aeeb45a6fc
      https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/commit/89ac29735a54173093bcafa968f423aeeb45a6fc
  Author: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
  Date:   2020-08-05 (Wed, 05 Aug 2020)

  Changed paths:
    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md

  Log Message:
  -----------
  Strike confusing paragraph

This text could be read to imply that an off-path attacker is more
capable than an on-path attacker, which is rarely true.  What it was
meant to point out was that it is easier to move traffic onto a path
that you are on.  What it fails to acknowledge is that it is also easier
to move traffic *off* a path that you are on.

In other words, the treatment of this in 21.12 is more thorough and we
don't need to talk about limitations.

Mike suggested that there is some duplication between this attack and
the more comprehensive analysis in 21.12.  That is true, but these serve
different purposes.  This is to describe attacks and the normative
requirements on endpoints necessary to avoid them.  The other section is
a thorough and hollistic analysis.  I couldn't see any truly
straightforward changes.  That doesn't mean that we won't find a way to
clean this up, or that it would be undesirable to have fewer words, but
I've not the time for that right now.

Closes #3841.

  Commit: b5cd992d874e880d803127f68704f63999efb53b
      https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/commit/b5cd992d874e880d803127f68704f63999efb53b
  Author: Jana Iyengar <[email-masked]>
  Date:   2020-08-11 (Tue, 11 Aug 2020)

  Changed paths:
    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md

  Log Message:
  -----------
  Merge pull request #3985 from quicwg/on-path-is-stronger

Strike confusing paragraph

Compare: https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/compare/1373d195146a...b5cd992d874e