Subject: [quicwg/base-drafts] More exposition for VN elicitation by padding (#4058)

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2020 17:24:49 -0700

It was not clear to me that the current text was insufficient, but
hopefully this is more sufficient.

Closes #4021.
You can view, comment on, or merge this pull request online at:

  https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4058

-- Commit Summary --

  * More exposition for VN elicitation by padding

-- File Changes --

    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md (4)

-- Patch Links --

https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4058.patch
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4058.diff

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4058

---

From: Marten Seemann <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2020 19:18:56 -0700

@marten-seemann approved this pull request.

Not sure if we really need this...

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4058#pullrequestreview-476339757

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2020 19:37:50 -0700

I think enough opinions suggesting that we don't need this might lead me to close the PR over Gorry's objections, but I am sensitive to the fact that most people here are perhaps a little *too* familiar with the protocol already.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4058#issuecomment-681308454

---

From: Gorry Fairhurst <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2020 02:09:46 -0700

@gorryfair commented on this pull request.

This text seems to answer my question - Since this in section 6, I'd have also preferred adding a forward reference to the later section 14.1  to get the details.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4058#pullrequestreview-476529246

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2020 03:27:12 -0700

@martinthomson pushed 1 commit.

27e717650303ae4b533de73d9d1b2ea5048f2cff  Cite the initial size section too

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
View it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4058/files/9fab9cd18960d8eb101c970d68549fbb0f9c0f30..27e717650303ae4b533de73d9d1b2ea5048f2cff

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2020 03:27:19 -0700

Cross references are cheap.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4058#issuecomment-681863947

---

From: Mike Bishop <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2020 07:35:22 -0700

@MikeBishop approved this pull request.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4058#pullrequestreview-476784079

---

From: Jana Iyengar <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2020 11:15:31 -0700

Merged #4058 into master.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4058#event-3700850045