Subject: [quicwg/base-drafts] 45e033: Closing and draining tidy

From: Jana Iyengar <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2020 23:15:48 -0700

Branch: refs/heads/master
  Home:   https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts
  Commit: 45e033da8f481d3d0b85e335a4cf3beda602f1e3
      https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/commit/45e033da8f481d3d0b85e335a4cf3beda602f1e3
  Author: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
  Date:   2020-08-06 (Thu, 06 Aug 2020)

  Changed paths:
    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md

  Log Message:
  -----------
  Closing and draining tidy

I took a careful look at the text here and found a few things:

1. There wasn't much redundancy, but there was a little.

2. The closing and draining states only apply to immediate close.

So I moved things up.  Shortened the top-level immediate close text, and
moved text specific to closing or draining to the corresponding
sections.

There were a few bits that could be cut, and a few that needed to be
better aligned with existing text, but nothing major.  Most of this is
unmodified text.

There are a few bits that I had to rewrite.  I will add comments for
those.

Closes #3907.

  Commit: 0c9512f6e81837cd4adba3ed670d3376dd072f73
      https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/commit/0c9512f6e81837cd4adba3ed670d3376dd072f73
  Author: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
  Date:   2020-08-06 (Thu, 06 Aug 2020)

  Changed paths:
    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md

  Log Message:
  -----------
  Remove self-reference

  Commit: d44244caca3fd09297fd467bf89bb3908eb90188
      https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/commit/d44244caca3fd09297fd467bf89bb3908eb90188
  Author: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
  Date:   2020-08-06 (Thu, 06 Aug 2020)

  Changed paths:
    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md

  Log Message:
  -----------
  Move general stuff into introductory piece

And a few grammar fixes

  Commit: 43176fb5cd31d1c0f26c9be3a774dcb2f32eb6ff
      https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/commit/43176fb5cd31d1c0f26c9be3a774dcb2f32eb6ff
  Author: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
  Date:   2020-08-06 (Thu, 06 Aug 2020)

  Changed paths:
    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md

  Log Message:
  -----------
  Better factoring of closing state introduction

Also stop using 'closing period', which is confusing.

  Commit: cb1bca7cf8468a98a5153e1931a5c7536c8a824c
      https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/commit/cb1bca7cf8468a98a5153e1931a5c7536c8a824c
  Author: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
  Date:   2020-08-06 (Thu, 06 Aug 2020)

  Changed paths:
    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md

  Log Message:
  -----------
  Remove mention of stateless reset

  Commit: a31d8dcdc8e35ff2d62899054aca458c71a31645
      https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/commit/a31d8dcdc8e35ff2d62899054aca458c71a31645
  Author: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
  Date:   2020-08-11 (Tue, 11 Aug 2020)

  Changed paths:
    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md

  Log Message:
  -----------
  s/the//

Co-authored-by: ianswett <[email-masked]>

  Commit: 6aef5e42b482cb9a3efeab78fd6f3a92c79cf6b1
      https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/commit/6aef5e42b482cb9a3efeab78fd6f3a92c79cf6b1
  Author: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
  Date:   2020-08-11 (Tue, 11 Aug 2020)

  Changed paths:
    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md

  Log Message:
  -----------
  Ian's cleanup

Co-authored-by: ianswett <[email-masked]>

  Commit: e980fc772bdfff04801b7f8febb1d68385655060
      https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/commit/e980fc772bdfff04801b7f8febb1d68385655060
  Author: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
  Date:   2020-08-11 (Tue, 11 Aug 2020)

  Changed paths:
    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md

  Log Message:
  -----------
  Maybe we don't need to specify reordering/delay at all

  Commit: e127ccad5d2285df6f7556b914871f70c4d577f7
      https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/commit/e127ccad5d2285df6f7556b914871f70c4d577f7
  Author: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
  Date:   2020-08-12 (Wed, 12 Aug 2020)

  Changed paths:
    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md

  Log Message:
  -----------
  Small tweaks

Co-authored-by: Mike Bishop <[email-masked]>

  Commit: 37a2d522f133bf26cd8064d0264d05ce7243bb54
      https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/commit/37a2d522f133bf26cd8064d0264d05ce7243bb54
  Author: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
  Date:   2020-08-12 (Wed, 12 Aug 2020)

  Changed paths:
    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md

  Log Message:
  -----------
  Rewrap

  Commit: 6cc520dad75038f046b05e785cecd9869bcf3306
      https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/commit/6cc520dad75038f046b05e785cecd9869bcf3306
  Author: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
  Date:   2020-08-27 (Thu, 27 Aug 2020)

  Changed paths:
    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md

  Log Message:
  -----------
  Many little nits

Co-authored-by: Jana Iyengar <[email-masked]>

  Commit: f6c037d97b3e700569347af0d6c8a596eacd265b
      https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/commit/f6c037d97b3e700569347af0d6c8a596eacd265b
  Author: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
  Date:   2020-08-27 (Thu, 27 Aug 2020)

  Changed paths:
    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md

  Log Message:
  -----------
  Wrap

  Commit: 7e359d21d1621612a2a6fb8e6fc71807f027ec20
      https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/commit/7e359d21d1621612a2a6fb8e6fc71807f027ec20
  Author: Jana Iyengar <[email-masked]>
  Date:   2020-08-26 (Wed, 26 Aug 2020)

  Changed paths:
    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md

  Log Message:
  -----------
  Merge pull request #3988 from quicwg/closing-draining-refactor

Closing and draining tidy

Compare: https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/compare/1d94d9924da1...7e359d21d162