Subject: [quicwg/base-drafts] Strike confusing paragraph (#3985)

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 04 Aug 2020 22:10:03 -0700

This text could be read to imply that an off-path attacker is more
capable than an on-path attacker, which is rarely true.  What it was
meant to point out was that it is easier to move traffic onto a path
that you are on.  What it fails to acknowledge is that it is also easier
to move traffic *off* a path that you are on.

In other words, the treatment of this in 21.12 is more thorough and we
don&#39;t need to talk about limitations.

Mike suggested that there is some duplication between this attack and
the more comprehensive analysis in 21.12.  That is true, but these serve
different purposes.  This is to describe attacks and the normative
requirements on endpoints necessary to avoid them.  The other section is
a thorough and hollistic analysis.  I couldn&#39;t see any truly
straightforward changes.  That doesn&#39;t mean that we won&#39;t find a way to
clean this up, or that it would be undesirable to have fewer words, but
I&#39;ve not the time for that right now.

Closes #3841.
You can view, comment on, or merge this pull request online at:

  https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3985

-- Commit Summary --

  * Strike confusing paragraph

-- File Changes --

    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md (3)

-- Patch Links --

https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3985.patch
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3985.diff

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3985

---

From: Jana Iyengar <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 06 Aug 2020 15:08:36 -0700

@janaiyengar approved this pull request.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3985#pullrequestreview-462909202

---

From: Mike Bishop <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2020 13:49:10 -0700

@MikeBishop approved this pull request.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3985#pullrequestreview-465417731

---

From: Jana Iyengar <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2020 14:46:35 -0700

Merged #3985 into master.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3985#event-3645150429