Subject: [quicwg/base-drafts] c036ff: Persistent congestion pseudocode to match text

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2020 18:49:56 -0700

Branch: refs/heads/pc-starts-now
  Home:   https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts
  Commit: c036ffa4e021a86a7d8f611a527721fd6e01f593
      https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/commit/c036ffa4e021a86a7d8f611a527721fd6e01f593
  Author: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
  Date:   2020-08-18 (Tue, 18 Aug 2020)

  Changed paths:
    M draft-ietf-quic-recovery.md

  Log Message:
  -----------
  Persistent congestion pseudocode to match text

This adds a new variable `first_rtt_sample` that records when the first
RTT was recorded.  This variable is used to avoid declaring persistent
congestion based on packets that were sent prior to this time.

Note that I removed the lame check in `InPersistentCongestion`.  This
avoids the implication that you need to propagate a signal that says
"this is the first RTT sample" all the way from the ACK handling code.
That signal is now propagated using the new variable.

Closes #3972.