Subject: [quicwg/base-drafts] Prohibit using old keys for sending (#4224)

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2020 16:42:45 -0700

In this context, &quot;newer&quot; was confusing as the code permits the creation
of the next set of packet protection keys when switching over.  As the
goal of the text was to ensure that old keys not be used, using that
formulation avoids any confusion that might be caused from not having a
reference against which to decide which is &quot;newer&quot;.

Closes #4199.
You can view, comment on, or merge this pull request online at:

  https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4224

-- Commit Summary --

  * Prohibit using old keys for sending

-- File Changes --

    M draft-ietf-quic-tls.md (5)

-- Patch Links --

https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4224.patch
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4224.diff

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4224

---

From: ianswett <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2020 16:44:38 -0700

@ianswett approved this pull request.

I think these say the same thing, but the new text is shorter, which I always like.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4224#pullrequestreview-509887661

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2020 16:45:04 -0700

@martinthomson pushed 1 commit.

f250e5ee626c717adcda05067e27cf2eb688d71f  Extra words

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
View it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4224/files/52c5f4f41bb1a1128af8f52398224cd2c9f83e45..f250e5ee626c717adcda05067e27cf2eb688d71f

---

From: Jana Iyengar <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2020 16:53:55 -0700

@janaiyengar approved this pull request.

@gloinul's request was quite clear, so you should merge this and close the issue.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4224#pullrequestreview-509894822

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2020 16:55:55 -0700

Merged #4224 into master.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4224#event-3884006070