Subject: [quicwg/base-drafts] Congestion consequences of CRYPTO buffering (#4282)

From: Lars Eggert <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2020 07:04:30 -0700

>  Implementations need to maintain a buffer of CRYPTO data received out
  of order.  Because there is no flow control of CRYPTO frames, an
  endpoint could potentially force its peer to buffer an unbounded
  amount of data.

What are the congestion consequences of this?

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/4282

---

From: Marten Seemann <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2020 07:39:54 -0700

None? The packet contents don't matter for the congestion controller.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/4282#issuecomment-717977943

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2020 22:36:43 -0700

As @marten-seemann says, this buffer only matters to the extent that it consumes storage.  In order to send this data, the congestion controller will have to allow sending, but this is entirely orthogonal.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/4282#issuecomment-718371466