Subject: [quicwg/base-drafts] update refs for -12 of http core drafts (#4182)

From: Julian Reschke <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 04 Oct 2020 08:25:44 -0700

You can view, comment on, or merge this pull request online at:

  https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4182

-- Commit Summary --

  * update refs for -12 of http core drafts

-- File Changes --

    M draft-ietf-quic-http.md (40)

-- Patch Links --

https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4182.patch
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4182.diff

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4182

---

From: Mike Bishop <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 07 Oct 2020 12:52:34 -0700

@MikeBishop requested changes on this pull request.

Thanks for doing this scrub, Julian.  A few things here where I think there might be a more appropriate reference.

> @@ -306,7 +306,7 @@ HTTP relies on the notion of an authoritative response: a response that has been
 determined to be the most appropriate response for that request given the state
 of the target resource at the time of response message origination by (or at the
 direction of) the origin server identified within the target URI.  Locating an
-authoritative server for an HTTP URL is discussed in Section 6.4 of
+authoritative server for an HTTP URL is discussed in Section 6.1.3 of

```suggestion
authoritative server for an HTTP URL is discussed in Section 4.3 of
```

> @@ -407,7 +407,7 @@ subjectAltName field of the certificate; see {{!RFC6125}}.  For a host that is
 an IP address, the client MUST verify that the address appears as an iPAddress
 in the subjectAltName field of the certificate.  If the hostname or address is
 not present in the certificate, the client MUST NOT consider the server
-authoritative for origins containing that hostname or address.  See Section 6.4
+authoritative for origins containing that hostname or address.  See Section 6.1.3

```suggestion
authoritative for origins containing that hostname or address.  See Section 4.3
```

> @@ -459,8 +459,8 @@ An HTTP message (request or response) consists of:
 3. optionally, the trailer field section, if present, sent as a single HEADERS
    frame.
 
-Header and trailer field sections are described in Section 5 of {{!SEMANTICS}};
-the payload body is described in Section 7.3.3 of {{!SEMANTICS}}.
+Header and trailer field sections are described in Section 5.4 of {{!SEMANTICS}};

Section 5.4 is about headers only, not trailers.  This may need to explicitly reference 5.4 and 5.6 to get the equivalent context.

> @@ -729,7 +729,7 @@ A request or response that includes a payload body can include a
 Content-Length header field.  A request or response is also malformed if the
 value of a content-length header field does not equal the sum of the DATA frame
 payload lengths that form the body.  A response that is defined to have no
-payload, as described in Section 7.3.3 of {{!SEMANTICS}} can have a non-zero
+payload, as described in Section 5.5.4 of {{!SEMANTICS}} can have a non-zero

```suggestion
payload, as described in Section 5.5.4 of {{!SEMANTICS}}, can have a non-zero
```
Not an error in your PR, just an existing error you happened to touch.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4182#pullrequestreview-504211739

---

From: Mike Bishop <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 07 Oct 2020 12:55:27 -0700

@MikeBishop commented on this pull request.

> @@ -1773,7 +1773,7 @@ attack on a plaintext protocol.
 ## Intermediary Encapsulation Attacks
 
 The HTTP/3 field encoding allows the expression of names that are not valid
-field names in the syntax used by HTTP (Section 5.3 of {{!SEMANTICS}}). Requests
+field names in the syntax used by HTTP (Section 5.4.3 of {{!SEMANTICS}}). Requests

This paragraph needs to be rewrapped.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4182#pullrequestreview-504218239

---

From: Lucas Pardue <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2020 03:19:39 -0700

@reschke could you please help us out by responding to Mike's comments. This PR you kindly made will help us address issues raised during AD review, which is a blocker to LC.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4182#issuecomment-709093712

---

From: Lars Eggert <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2020 23:22:10 -0700

If @reschke isn't responding, @MikeBishop should use his best judgement and then merge this.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4182#issuecomment-709835068

---

From: Julian Reschke <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2020 23:29:57 -0700

I only did a mechanical check (restoring the references that were there before). @MikeBishop - if you feel that these can be improved just go ahead.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4182#issuecomment-709839616

---

From: Mike Bishop <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2020 08:23:53 -0700

> +Header and trailer field sections are described in Section 5.4 of {{!SEMANTICS}};
+the payload body is described in Section 5.5.4 of {{!SEMANTICS}}.

```suggestion
Header and trailer field sections are described in Sections 5.4 and 5.6 of
{{!SEMANTICS}}; the payload body is described in Section 5.5.4 of
{{!SEMANTICS}}.
```

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4182#pullrequestreview-510573473

---

From: Mike Bishop <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2020 08:24:24 -0700

@MikeBishop pushed 1 commit.

ec986818b9b290b5d98e164c99b38d548cf55d9a  Apply suggestions from code review

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
View it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4182/files/8809c39ab0b8e61eafe3b3857be4767c70a3d465..ec986818b9b290b5d98e164c99b38d548cf55d9a

---

From: Mike Bishop <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2020 08:27:27 -0700

44492f7ac2a43bfab826cdd7fc711911a5cf5feb  Rewrap

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
View it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4182/files/ec986818b9b290b5d98e164c99b38d548cf55d9a..44492f7ac2a43bfab826cdd7fc711911a5cf5feb

---

From: Mike Bishop <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2020 08:30:02 -0700

Merged #4182 into master.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4182#event-3886974164