Subject: [quicwg/base-drafts] Pulling of 2^60 out of a hat (#4279)

From: Lars Eggert <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2020 07:00:57 -0700

>  If a max_streams transport parameter or a MAX_STREAMS frame is
  received with a value greater than 2^60,

This pulling of 2^60 out of a hat is too cryptic. As I understand it this
is because you need 2 bits to express the size of the object that holds to
identifier and two bits to hold the control parameters that go in the LSBs. It
would be helpful to the new reader to call all this out earlier rather than
making them figure it all out.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/4279

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2020 18:35:45 -0700

I don't think that the length of the necessary explanation is worth the effort, but would be happy to see a suggestion for text.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/4279#issuecomment-718303647