Subject: [quicwg/base-drafts] Mask 0x1 (and similar) (#4269)

From: Lars Eggert <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2020 06:51:50 -0700

> Stream IDs
  are encoded as variable-length integers; see Section 16.  A QUIC
  endpoint MUST NOT reuse a stream ID within a connection.
>
>  The least significant bit (0x1) of the stream ID identifies the

This was a common problem throughout the text. I found the use of (0x1) and
similar confusing in the text. Where you use this notation you mean the bit
manipulated by the mask 0x1 (and similar). It would be helpful to the reader to
be a little more pedantic in the use of the term in each case. We will get to
it later, in the comments but a lot of readers would be helped by the use of
the classic ASCII art style representation of bit fields.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/4269

---

From: Jana Iyengar <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2020 18:04:11 -0700

Closed #4269 via #4306.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/4269#event-3939035281