Subject: [quicwg/base-drafts] Prevent the network from being overwhelmed (#4278)

From: Lars Eggert <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2020 06:59:59 -0700

>  It is necessary to limit the amount of data that a receiver could
  buffer, to prevent a fast sender from overwhelming a slow receiver,
  or to prevent a malicious sender from consuming a large amount of
  memory at a receiver.

Surely it is also necessary to do this to prevent the network from being
overwhelmed?

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/4278

---

From: Marten Seemann <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2020 07:54:57 -0700

The quote is from the Flow Control section. I see flow control and congestion control as orthogonal to each other.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/4278#issuecomment-717988205

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2020 22:59:04 -0700

Yes, there are multiple defenses that QUIC employs.  This is about preserving endpoint memory resources.  There is a whole document on what we do to preserve the network.

Not seeing an action here.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/4278#issuecomment-718379021