Subject: [quicwg/base-drafts] Fundamentals into Section 1 (#4265)

From: Lars Eggert <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2020 06:47:42 -0700

Section 1 provides an ultrafast introduction to the problem, and very little on
the fundamentals of how the protocol works. It would be useful if there a
process by which the reader is gradually immersed in the detail.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/4265

---

From: Mike Bishop <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2020 07:49:00 -0700

That is, in fact, the intended structure of the document.  Section 1 provides an extremely high-level view of the protocol; section 1.1 lays out how these high-level concepts are discussed in greater depth in Sections 2-14, with wire-level details reserved for Sections 15-20.

Is the suggestion that there should be a new Section 2 which goes into more detail than Section 1, but less detail than Sections 2-14?  Or is the suggestion more detail in Section 1.1 about the concepts before the forward references?

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/4265#issuecomment-717984057

---

From: Jana Iyengar <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2020 08:51:34 -0700

What @MikeBishop said above. The draft is already super long, so while we can make additions for clarity, I'd want to keep it as short as possible.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/4265#issuecomment-718844788