Subject: [quicwg/base-drafts] c904da: Pad when validating addresses

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2020 17:01:52 -0700

Branch: refs/heads/pad-path-challenge
  Home:   https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts
  Commit: c904daf2c14d46638e1ea0669fbb821cedac0132
      https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/commit/c904daf2c14d46638e1ea0669fbb821cedac0132
  Author: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
  Date:   2020-10-16 (Fri, 16 Oct 2020)

  Changed paths:
    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md

  Log Message:
  -----------
  Pad when validating addresses

This isn't obvious, but if you are validating an address, you are also
validating the path to that address.  If you don't pad these packets,
then you don't know that the path supports a reasonable PMTU.

Require padding of datagrams that carry packets that carry
PATH_CHALLENGE.  This neatly solves the problem.

Closes #4216.