Subject: [quicwg/base-drafts] Reorder and introduce Security Considerations (#4320)

From: Mike Bishop <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2020 08:32:21 -0700

It may be useful to review the commits separately; the first commit reorders sections without modifying text, while the second commit contains a new paragraph added to the beginning of the section.

Fixes #4304.
You can view, comment on, or merge this pull request online at:

  https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4320

-- Commit Summary --

  * Move overview to be first subsection
  * Intro to Security Considerations

-- File Changes --

    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md (1144)

-- Patch Links --

https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4320.patch
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4320.diff

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4320

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2020 15:04:21 -0700

@martinthomson approved this pull request.

I'm going to trust that you just reordered, because the diff tool is completely unable to process this changeset.

> +The goal of QUIC is to provide a secure transport connection.  However,
+third-parties and malicious peers are able to disrupt the connection in
+various ways.  {{security-properties}} presents an in-depth overview
+of the security properties QUIC attempts to provide; subsequent sections
+discuss the mitigations QUIC employs against various types of attacks.

```suggestion
The goal of QUIC is to provide a secure transport connection.  This section
provides an overview of those properties in {{security-properties}}; subsequent
sections discuss constraints and caveats regarding these properties, including
descriptions of known attacks and countermeasures.
```

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4320#pullrequestreview-521060358

---

From: Mike Bishop <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2020 16:23:16 -0700

@MikeBishop pushed 1 commit.

f913c66aa6a0ac1e74b141e02aed6cbf037dba1d  Martin's suggested intro, tweaked

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
View it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4320/files/40644dbc771a37bdb16033579bbca17b467b8f30..f913c66aa6a0ac1e74b141e02aed6cbf037dba1d