Subject: [quicwg/base-drafts] Explain what the bitfield references mean (#4306)

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2020 18:23:56 -0700

Closes #4269.
You can view, comment on, or merge this pull request online at:

  https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4306

-- Commit Summary --

  * Explain what the bitfield references mean

-- File Changes --

    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md (4)

-- Patch Links --

https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4306.patch
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4306.diff

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4306

---

From: Mike Bishop <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2020 06:17:37 -0700

@MikeBishop approved this pull request.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4306#pullrequestreview-519651954

---

From: Jana Iyengar <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2020 16:13:47 -0700

@janaiyengar commented on this pull request.

slightly more text

> +When a single-bit field is referenced in prose, the value of the byte that
+carries that field with the value set can be used to clarify. For example, the
+value 0x80 could be used to refer to the One-bit Field in {{fig-ex-format}}.

```suggestion
When a single-bit field is referenced in prose, the position of that field can
be clarified by using the value of the byte that carries the field with the
field's value set. For example, the value 0x80 could be used to refer to the
single-bit field in the most significant bit of the carrying byte, such as
One-bit Field in {{fig-ex-format}}.
```

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4306#pullrequestreview-520150020

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2020 17:01:53 -0700

@martinthomson pushed 1 commit.

adbf9a65424c2946fd6fcd845e7563b4703bafb3  Moer txt

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
View it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4306/files/d4ea499f0202be3971fc1267c9657fdd5f0689e1..adbf9a65424c2946fd6fcd845e7563b4703bafb3

---

From: Jana Iyengar <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2020 18:04:11 -0700

Merged #4306 into master.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4306#event-3939035275