Subject: [quicwg/base-drafts] Ask IANA to run an algorithm (#4276)

From: Lars Eggert <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2020 06:58:31 -0700

>  Additionally, each value of the format "31 * N + 27" for integer
  values of N (that is, 27, 58, 89, ...) are reserved and MUST NOT be
  assigned by IANA.

We do not normally ask IANA to run an algorithm to check a value. Are we
sure that this will work?

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/4276

---

From: Mike Bishop <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2020 08:09:53 -0700

I'm sure we'll find out in the IANA review.  Is the suggestion here that we should request a pre-review by IANA?

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/4276#issuecomment-717998418

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2020 23:09:32 -0700

I don't think that this issue is actionable.  As Mike says, we'll find out.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/4276#issuecomment-718382880