Subject: [quicwg/base-drafts] Initial PTO is 3*kInitialRtt, not 2*kInitialRtt (#4262)

From: ianswett <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2020 06:24:16 -0700

Fixes #4261
You can view, comment on, or merge this pull request online at:

  https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4262

-- Commit Summary --

  * Initial PTO is 3*kInitialRtt, not 2*kInitialRtt

-- File Changes --

    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md (4)

-- Patch Links --

https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4262.patch
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4262.diff

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4262

---

From: Kazuho Oku <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2020 06:45:09 -0700

@kazuho approved this pull request.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4262#pullrequestreview-517718038

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2020 15:35:42 -0700

@martinthomson requested changes on this pull request.

I think that the concept of initial timeout isn't valid and would prefer this uses the PTO on the newly initialized path instead. Otherwise, we don't factor in the maximum ack delay.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4262#pullrequestreview-518201785

---

From: ianswett <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2020 16:16:06 -0700

I believe this PR is consistent with the recovery doc, but I'd be open to other suggestions.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4262#issuecomment-717596145

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2020 16:31:18 -0700

Check out #4263.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4262#issuecomment-717601199