Subject: [quicwg/base-drafts] First, CANCEL_PUSH; then RESET_STREAM if appropriate (#4234)

From: Mike Bishop <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2020 12:13:20 -0700

Fixes #4227.
You can view, comment on, or merge this pull request online at:

  https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4234

-- Commit Summary --

  * First, CANCEL_PUSH; then RESET_STREAM if appropriate

-- File Changes --

    M draft-ietf-quic-http.md (11)

-- Patch Links --

https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4234.patch
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4234.diff

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4234

---

From: Lucas Pardue <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2020 13:09:34 -0700

@LPardue approved this pull request.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4234#pullrequestreview-510768477

---

From: ianswett <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2020 13:32:26 -0700

@ianswett approved this pull request.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4234#pullrequestreview-510780886

---

From: Kazuho Oku <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2020 14:50:01 -0700

@kazuho approved this pull request.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4234#pullrequestreview-510817032

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 18 Oct 2020 17:16:21 -0700

@martinthomson approved this pull request.

This seems like the right framing.  But everything seems to correspond.

> @@ -1314,10 +1314,13 @@ one.  If the push stream is open, the server SHOULD abruptly terminate that
 stream.  If the push stream has already ended, the server MAY still abruptly
 terminate the stream or MAY take no action.
 
-When a server sends CANCEL_PUSH, it is indicating that it will not be fulfilling
-a promise.  The client cannot expect the corresponding promise to be fulfilled,
-unless it has already received and processed the promised response. A server
-SHOULD send a CANCEL_PUSH frame even if it has opened the corresponding stream.
+A server sends CANCEL_PUSH to indicate that it will not be fulfilling a promise
+which was previously sent.  The client cannot expect the corresponding promise
+to be fulfilled, unless it has already received and processed the promised
+response. Regardless of whether a corresponding stream has been opened, a server
+SHOULD send a CANCEL_PUSH frame when it determines that promise will not be
+fulfilled.  If a corresponding stream has already been opened, the server can

```suggestion
fulfilled.  If a stream has already been opened, the server can
```

corresponding is a little redundant the third time around.

> @@ -1314,10 +1314,13 @@ one.  If the push stream is open, the server SHOULD abruptly terminate that
 stream.  If the push stream has already ended, the server MAY still abruptly
 terminate the stream or MAY take no action.
 
-When a server sends CANCEL_PUSH, it is indicating that it will not be fulfilling
-a promise.  The client cannot expect the corresponding promise to be fulfilled,
-unless it has already received and processed the promised response. A server
-SHOULD send a CANCEL_PUSH frame even if it has opened the corresponding stream.
+A server sends CANCEL_PUSH to indicate that it will not be fulfilling a promise
+which was previously sent.  The client cannot expect the corresponding promise
+to be fulfilled, unless it has already received and processed the promised
+response. Regardless of whether a corresponding stream has been opened, a server

```suggestion
response. Regardless of whether a push stream has been opened, a server
```

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4234#pullrequestreview-511334788

---

From: Mike Bishop <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 18 Oct 2020 19:43:31 -0700

@MikeBishop pushed 1 commit.

ff94a18e4d2c0c41f2882ebdd5deb23ed34b8ada  Correspondence is unappreciated

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
View it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4234/files/2bbb5b68890aa382711f6f66c4f4ecee859ee6a1..ff94a18e4d2c0c41f2882ebdd5deb23ed34b8ada

---

From: Mike Bishop <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 18 Oct 2020 19:44:53 -0700

Merged #4234 into master.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4234#event-3891064024