Subject: [quicwg/base-drafts] 2719b2: Stop using initial timeout

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2020 16:30:36 -0700

Branch: refs/heads/initial-timeout-begone
  Home:   https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts
  Commit: 2719b297f7f12368ec12c8fdbf70aba6a2c2eb93
      https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/commit/2719b297f7f12368ec12c8fdbf70aba6a2c2eb93
  Author: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
  Date:   2020-10-28 (Wed, 28 Oct 2020)

  Changed paths:
    M draft-ietf-quic-recovery.md
    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md

  Log Message:
  -----------
  Stop using initial timeout

Address validation can use 3*PTO, just taking the maximum of the old and
new path PTO.  The idea of initial timeout is easily replaced in
recovery by instead describing the effect on the PTO.  The net effect is
the same, except that new paths often have to include the maximum ACK
delay, which this doesn't incorporate.

Closes #4261.
Closes #4262.