Subject: [quicwg/base-drafts] c904da: Pad when validating addresses

From: Jana Iyengar <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2020 13:13:32 -0700

Branch: refs/heads/master
  Home:   https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts
  Commit: c904daf2c14d46638e1ea0669fbb821cedac0132
      https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/commit/c904daf2c14d46638e1ea0669fbb821cedac0132
  Author: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
  Date:   2020-10-16 (Fri, 16 Oct 2020)

  Changed paths:
    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md

  Log Message:
  -----------
  Pad when validating addresses

This isn't obvious, but if you are validating an address, you are also
validating the path to that address.  If you don't pad these packets,
then you don't know that the path supports a reasonable PMTU.

Require padding of datagrams that carry packets that carry
PATH_CHALLENGE.  This neatly solves the problem.

Closes #4216.

  Commit: d21c32b5c77bf303553a0c2aa6c55ae56b8bb6d0
      https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/commit/d21c32b5c77bf303553a0c2aa6c55ae56b8bb6d0
  Author: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
  Date:   2020-10-16 (Fri, 16 Oct 2020)

  Changed paths:
    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md

  Log Message:
  -----------
  A big caveat

  Commit: 2686b0aeb0cf854f7f3664c0cf5940bc5e5a47b2
      https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/commit/2686b0aeb0cf854f7f3664c0cf5940bc5e5a47b2
  Author: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
  Date:   2020-10-16 (Fri, 16 Oct 2020)

  Changed paths:
    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md

  Log Message:
  -----------
  Datagrams, not packets

Co-authored-by: Jana Iyengar <[email-masked]>

  Commit: b9bfce85e043a3ca7de712433415acb8eaf71d9f
      https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/commit/b9bfce85e043a3ca7de712433415acb8eaf71d9f
  Author: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
  Date:   2020-10-16 (Fri, 16 Oct 2020)

  Changed paths:
    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md

  Log Message:
  -----------
  Revert automated formatting of tables, wrap

Visual Studio code might need to be fired, though it's possible that
this change is a good one.

  Commit: b3ce9e647ba7e0344f852662c200c161a5030537
      https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/commit/b3ce9e647ba7e0344f852662c200c161a5030537
  Author: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
  Date:   2020-10-19 (Mon, 19 Oct 2020)

  Changed paths:
    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md

  Log Message:
  -----------
  Pad PATH_RESPONSE too

  Commit: 663465c6c3679870ac476964ce79adbdd7a73d08
      https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/commit/663465c6c3679870ac476964ce79adbdd7a73d08
  Author: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
  Date:   2020-10-19 (Mon, 19 Oct 2020)

  Changed paths:
    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md

  Log Message:
  -----------
  Tweaks

Co-authored-by: ianswett <[email-masked]>

  Commit: 80cbb76dcb5f1873a00047ed147282682ab53df3
      https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/commit/80cbb76dcb5f1873a00047ed147282682ab53df3
  Author: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
  Date:   2020-10-19 (Mon, 19 Oct 2020)

  Changed paths:
    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md

  Log Message:
  -----------
  Wrap; make the other a SHOULD too

  Commit: abde090670ad22def944702d63ecde09600bd88b
      https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/commit/abde090670ad22def944702d63ecde09600bd88b
  Author: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
  Date:   2020-10-20 (Tue, 20 Oct 2020)

  Changed paths:
    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md

  Log Message:
  -----------
  Peer path validation...

  Commit: 1e95cb2f928835f5f932ea3ebdce2784a9b1fd0c
      https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/commit/1e95cb2f928835f5f932ea3ebdce2784a9b1fd0c
  Author: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
  Date:   2020-10-20 (Tue, 20 Oct 2020)

  Changed paths:
    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md

  Log Message:
  -----------
  MUST

Co-authored-by: Jana Iyengar <[email-masked]>

  Commit: 739a6cc60f2dda200181be8383691f21f0e9868e
      https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/commit/739a6cc60f2dda200181be8383691f21f0e9868e
  Author: Jana Iyengar <[email-masked]>
  Date:   2020-10-20 (Tue, 20 Oct 2020)

  Changed paths:
    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md

  Log Message:
  -----------
  Merge pull request #4241 from quicwg/pad-path-validation

Pad path validation in both directions

Compare: https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/compare/8a665eb37d89...739a6cc60f2d