Subject: [quicwg/base-drafts] Clarify frames and packets in Section 1 (#4266)

From: Lars Eggert <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2020 06:48:37 -0700

Section 1 is the first place that you introduce the term "Frame". I got very
confused about frames and packets, and I thing the taxonomy needs to be clearly
explained. You have UDP/IP packets that carry one or more QUIC PDUs, but the
frame/packet notation made it unclear what was being discussed and whether the
terms were being used consistently. Some clarification would be useful, or if
it is in the text then making it more obvious would help.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/4266

---

From: Mike Bishop <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2020 07:52:45 -0700

Perhaps "Frame" should be added as a defined term in Section 1.2.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/4266#issuecomment-717986769