Subject: [quicwg/base-drafts] Tradeoffs in the persistent congestion threshold (#4215)

From: Jana Iyengar <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2020 16:59:33 -0700

Closes #4195.
You can view, comment on, or merge this pull request online at:

  https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4215

-- Commit Summary --

  * Tradeoffs of persistent congestion threshold

-- File Changes --

    M draft-ietf-quic-recovery.md (11)

-- Patch Links --

https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4215.patch
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4215.diff

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4215

---

From: ianswett <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2020 17:23:18 -0700

@ianswett approved this pull request.

A suggestion

> +As the value kPersistentCongestionThreshold gets larger, the sender becomes
+increasingly unresponsive to persistent congestion in the network, which can
+result in aggressive sending into a congested network. Too small a value can
+result in a sender declaring persistent congestion unnecessarily, resulting in
+reduced throughput for the sender.

```suggestion
Larger values of kPersistentCongestionThreshold cause the sender to
become less responsive to persistent congestion in the network, which can
result in aggressive sending into a congested network. Too small a value can
result in a sender declaring persistent congestion unnecessarily, resulting in
reduced throughput for the sender.
```

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4215#pullrequestreview-508857137

---

From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2020 05:33:43 -0700

@gloinul commented on this pull request.

Thinks this resolve my issue, but would prefer Ian's proposal. 

Like @ianswett proposal better. 

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4215#pullrequestreview-509326869

---

From: Jana Iyengar <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2020 12:57:42 -0700

@janaiyengar pushed 1 commit.

6c64baa2d755549a5828d44d4d2cfb361abf8971  Update draft-ietf-quic-recovery.md

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
View it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4215/files/fd1456a907725096b1960a8e4ab9666271740ef8..6c64baa2d755549a5828d44d4d2cfb361abf8971

---

From: Jana Iyengar <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2020 12:58:50 -0700

e6c489be4924786ebeea247a0b6a6d195f299ea1  format

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
View it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4215/files/6c64baa2d755549a5828d44d4d2cfb361abf8971..e6c489be4924786ebeea247a0b6a6d195f299ea1

---

From: ianswett <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2020 12:59:41 -0700

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4215#pullrequestreview-509736775

---

From: Jana Iyengar <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2020 13:04:49 -0700

Merged #4215 into master.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4215#event-3883360816