Subject: [quicwg/base-drafts] Re-writing for clarity (#4273)

From: Lars Eggert <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2020 06:55:54 -0700

>  UDP datagrams MUST NOT be fragmented at the IP layer.  In IPv4
  ([IPv4]), the DF bit MUST be set if possible, to prevent
  fragmentation on the path.
>
>  Datagrams are required to be of a minimum size under some conditions.
  However, the size of the datagram is not authenticated.  Therefore,
  an endpoint MUST NOT close a connection when it receives a datagram
  that does not meet size constraints, though the endpoint MAY discard
  such datagrams.

I really think this section needs re-writing for clarity.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/4273

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2020 18:32:07 -0700

I find this text perfectly clear, so I will need help in identifying in what ways the text lacks clarity.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/4273#issuecomment-718302668