Subject: [quicwg/base-drafts] Text around table 1 confusing (#4270)

From: Lars Eggert <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2020 06:53:12 -0700

When I read the text around table 1, I found this to be confusing and was
not clear whether the object is a 64 bit object with a 62 bit instance ID or a
62 bit object with a 60 bit instance ID. If the former I am not sure what the
name of the whole is vs the name of the 62 bit instance ID is. This could
usefully be clarified.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/4270

---

From: Mike Bishop <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2020 08:03:11 -0700

This appears to be a duplicate of #4268.  The whole is a 62-bit ID, and there is not a defined term for the 60-bit portion.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/4270#issuecomment-717993893

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2020 22:40:15 -0700

Mike is right.  Closing this in favour of #4268.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/4270#issuecomment-718372515

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2020 22:40:16 -0700

Closed #4270.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/4270#event-3934538408