Subject: [quicwg/base-drafts] 2719b2: Stop using initial timeout

From: Jana Iyengar <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 03 Nov 2020 15:11:12 -0800

Branch: refs/heads/master
  Home:   https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts
  Commit: 2719b297f7f12368ec12c8fdbf70aba6a2c2eb93
      https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/commit/2719b297f7f12368ec12c8fdbf70aba6a2c2eb93
  Author: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
  Date:   2020-10-28 (Wed, 28 Oct 2020)

  Changed paths:
    M draft-ietf-quic-recovery.md
    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md

  Log Message:
  -----------
  Stop using initial timeout

Address validation can use 3*PTO, just taking the maximum of the old and
new path PTO.  The idea of initial timeout is easily replaced in
recovery by instead describing the effect on the PTO.  The net effect is
the same, except that new paths often have to include the maximum ACK
delay, which this doesn't incorporate.

Closes #4261.
Closes #4262.

  Commit: ec9355809d26c1a62fcf6c6b565c0e477d69a49d
      https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/commit/ec9355809d26c1a62fcf6c6b565c0e477d69a49d
  Author: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
  Date:   2020-10-28 (Wed, 28 Oct 2020)

  Changed paths:
    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md

  Log Message:
  -----------
  Remove formula with confusing variables

  Commit: a9d9aeb75f339408c1481c0bb5e1e048f16957f6
      https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/commit/a9d9aeb75f339408c1481c0bb5e1e048f16957f6
  Author: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
  Date:   2020-10-30 (Fri, 30 Oct 2020)

  Changed paths:
    M draft-ietf-quic-recovery.md

  Log Message:
  -----------
  initial RTO comparison

Co-authored-by: Jana Iyengar <[email-masked]>

  Commit: 5a506a5202a6b403c78a11b4ddb97fed8aac6b1c
      https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/commit/5a506a5202a6b403c78a11b4ddb97fed8aac6b1c
  Author: Jana Iyengar <[email-masked]>
  Date:   2020-11-03 (Tue, 03 Nov 2020)

  Changed paths:
    M draft-ietf-quic-recovery.md
    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md

  Log Message:
  -----------
  Merge pull request #4263 from quicwg/initial-timeout-begone

Stop using initial timeout

Compare: https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/compare/ee73d33cd683...5a506a5202a6