Subject: [quicwg/base-drafts] IANA review of -qpack (#4370)

From: Lars Eggert <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2020 21:48:52 -0800

IANA wrote:
> The IANA Functions Operator understands that, upon approval of this document, there are three actions which we must complete.
>
> First, in the HTTP/3 Settings registry created upon approval of draft-iana-quic-http two new values are to be registered as follows:
>
```
+==========================+======+=============================+=========+
| Setting Name | Code | Specification | Default |
+==========================+======+=============================+=========+
| QPACK_MAX_TABLE_CAPACITY | 0x1 | [ RFC-to-be Section 5 ] | 0 |
+--------------------------+------+-----------------------------+---------+
| QPACK_BLOCKED_STREAMS | 0x7 | [ RFC-to-be Section 5 ] | 0 |
+--------------------------+------+-----------------------------+---------+
```
>Second, in the HTTP/3 Stream Type registry created upon approval of draft-iana-quic-http two new values are to be registered as follows:
```
+======================+======+============================+========+
| Stream Type | Code | Specification | Sender |
+======================+======+============================+========+
| QPACK Encoder Stream | 0x02 | [ RFC-to-be Section 4.2 ] | Both |
+----------------------+------+----------------------------+--------+
| QPACK Decoder Stream | 0x03 | [ RFC-to-be ]Section 4.2 ] | Both |
+----------------------+------+----------------------------+--------+
```
>Third, in the HTTP/3 Error Codes registry created upon approval of draft-iana-quic-http three new values are to be registered as follows:
```
+============================+=======+=============+============================+
| Name | Code | Description | Specification |
+============================+=======+=============+============================+
| QPACK_DECOMPRESSION_FAILED | 0x200 | Decoding of | [ RFC-to-be Section 6 ] |
| | | a field | |
| | | section | |
| | | failed | |
+----------------------------+-------+-------------+----------------------------+
| QPACK_ENCODER_STREAM_ERROR | 0x201 | Error on | [ RFC-to-be Section 6 ] |
| | | the encoder | |
| | | stream | |
+----------------------------+-------+-------------+----------------------------+
| QPACK_DECODER_STREAM_ERROR | 0x202 | Error on | [ RFC-to-be Section 6 ] |
| | | the decoder | |
| | | stream | |
+----------------------------+-------+-------------+----------------------------+
```
>The IANA Functions Operator understands that these are the only actions required to be completed upon approval of this document.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/4370

---

From: Lars Eggert <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2020 21:49:21 -0800

Editors, please review if the actions IANA has identified above are accurate?

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/4370#issuecomment-728701840

---

From: Mike Bishop <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2020 01:45:48 -0800

I believe this is accurate.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/4370#issuecomment-728813027