Subject: [quicwg/base-drafts] Stop using "may" (#4360)

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2020 14:50:29 -0800

In most cases, this turned out to be the wrong word anyway.

There is &quot;can&quot;, which is a simple statement of fact.  There is &quot;could&quot;,
for stating that something is possible.  There is &quot;MAY&quot;, once, which
might be wrong.  There is also cases where the word wasn&#39;t needed at
all.

I know that &quot;may&quot; is used in all of these cases in the strictly
colloquial sense, with no normative intent, but it is a tiny bit
distracting.
You can view, comment on, or merge this pull request online at:

  https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4360

-- Commit Summary --

  * Stop using &quot;may&quot;

-- File Changes --

    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md (57)

-- Patch Links --

https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4360.patch
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4360.diff

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4360

---

From: ianswett <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2020 15:13:07 -0800

@ianswett approved this pull request.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4360#pullrequestreview-531896725

---

From: Jana Iyengar <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2020 23:06:46 -0800

@janaiyengar approved this pull request.

one nit, but LGTM. Thanks for doing this!

> @@ -1555,11 +1555,12 @@ the first packet is of type Initial, with packet number 0, and contains a CRYPTO
 frame carrying the ClientHello.
 
 Multiple QUIC packets -- even of different packet types -- can be coalesced into
-a single UDP datagram; see {{packet-coalesce}}. As a result, this handshake may
-consist of as few as 4 UDP datagrams, or any number more (subject to limits
-inherent to the protocol, such as congestion control or anti-amplification).
-For instance, the server's first flight contains Initial packets, Handshake
-packets, and "0.5-RTT data" in 1-RTT packets with a short header.
+a single UDP datagram; see {{packet-coalesce}}. As a result, this handshake
+could consist of as few as 4 UDP datagrams, or any number more (subject to
+limits inherent to the protocol, such as congestion control or

```suggestion
limits inherent to the protocol, such as congestion control and
```

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4360#pullrequestreview-532057458

---

From: Mike Bishop <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2020 06:24:45 -0800

@MikeBishop approved this pull request.

Yes, all of these look fine.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4360#pullrequestreview-532412615

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2020 15:47:01 -0800

@martinthomson pushed 1 commit.

2213d644449d14a287c796911d9ac672291aac21  and/or/or/or/and

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
View it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4360/files/88850b60669e02bda4ce0502680518ba50efa5c2..2213d644449d14a287c796911d9ac672291aac21

---

From: Jana Iyengar <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2020 18:25:19 -0800

Merged #4360 into master.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4360#event-4013656649