Subject: [quicwg/base-drafts] 7817c6: The AEAD also prevents modification

From: Jana Iyengar <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 06 Nov 2020 16:40:31 -0800

Branch: refs/heads/master
  Home:   https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts
  Commit: 7817c629814aa3e582a531bd3e122a6aaaa67458
      https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/commit/7817c629814aa3e582a531bd3e122a6aaaa67458
  Author: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
  Date:   2020-11-02 (Mon, 02 Nov 2020)

  Changed paths:
    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md

  Log Message:
  -----------
  The AEAD also prevents modification

The description neglected to mention this.  Obviously, the
confidentiality protection (specifically, the lack thereof) is the part
that needs to be highlighted, but we shouldn't neglect the other purpose
of using an AEAD here.

  Commit: 62fc27de75760dfa55002791d734bf0265c8e466
      https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/commit/62fc27de75760dfa55002791d734bf0265c8e466
  Author: Jana Iyengar <[email-masked]>
  Date:   2020-11-06 (Fri, 06 Nov 2020)

  Changed paths:
    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md

  Log Message:
  -----------
  Merge pull request #4338 from quicwg/initial-accidental-modification

The AEAD also prevents modification

Compare: https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/compare/a39455aa02e6...62fc27de7576