Subject: [quicwg/base-drafts] 88850b: Stop using "may"

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2020 14:50:16 -0800

Branch: refs/heads/may-day
  Home:   https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts
  Commit: 88850b60669e02bda4ce0502680518ba50efa5c2
      https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/commit/88850b60669e02bda4ce0502680518ba50efa5c2
  Author: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
  Date:   2020-11-17 (Tue, 17 Nov 2020)

  Changed paths:
    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md

  Log Message:
  -----------
  Stop using "may"

In most cases, this turned out to be the wrong word anyway.

There is "can", which is a simple statement of fact.  There is "could",
for stating that something is possible.  There is "MAY", once, which
might be wrong.  There is also cases where the word wasn't needed at
all.

I know that "may" is used in all of these cases in the strictly
colloquial sense, with no normative intent, but it is a tiny bit
distracting.