Subject: [quicwg/base-drafts] Clarify labels example in -tls Appendix A.1. (#4403)

From: Paul Mabileau <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2020 09:32:01 -0800

Hello again!

We are currently in an effort of implementing QUIC in the [Scapy](https://github.com/secdev/scapy) packet manipulation library. While doing so, we&#39;ve had a few moments of doubts as to what was the intention or simply the true meaning behind various parts of the specification. One of them was the first sentence of the appendix A.1. of the QUIC-TLS draft: it lead us to think that the results listed below were the output of the `HKDF-Expand-label` function instead of the labels built during its execution and then given to `HKDF-Expand` to obtain the final result.

This PR thus proposes a small change in order to remove any possible ambiguity from that first sentence. If you have any remark or suggestion regarding typos, grammar, wording or additional clarifications required, please let us know.

Hope it helps.
Cheers,
Paul.
You can view, comment on, or merge this pull request online at:

  https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4403

-- Commit Summary --

  * Clarify labels example in Appendix A.1.

-- File Changes --

    M draft-ietf-quic-tls.md (3)

-- Patch Links --

https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4403.patch
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4403.diff

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4403

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2020 14:25:12 -0800

@martinthomson approved this pull request.

Thanks Paul. I am not  able to fix the build error here, because I only have a phone right now, but this text is good.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4403#pullrequestreview-535817234

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2020 14:31:03 -0800

Ok, that is another tools.ietf.org failure. 

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4403#issuecomment-731440617

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2020 14:31:11 -0800

Merged #4403 into master.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4403#event-4023004340