Subject: Re: [quicwg/base-drafts] Pulling of 2^60 out of a hat (#4279)

From: StewartBryant <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 02 Nov 2020 03:28:08 -0800

Please remember that you are addressing the comment from the perspective of an expert that wrote it, but the spec will be read by many people that need to understand it from scratch. 

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/4279#issuecomment-720414265

---

From: Lars Eggert <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Nov 2020 06:28:16 -0800

The full sentence referred to is
> If a max_streams transport parameter or a MAX_STREAMS frame is
   received with a value greater than 2^60, this would allow a maximum
   stream ID that cannot be expressed as a variable-length integer; see
   Section 16. 

The second part of that sentence is already explaining the limit. I think we can close this with no action.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/4279#issuecomment-724047343

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Nov 2020 17:58:20 -0800

Good point. In context, this seems adequate.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/4279#issuecomment-724399433