Subject: Re: [quicwg/base-drafts] Add Versions registry (#4345)

From: Jana Iyengar <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 08 Dec 2020 16:05:50 -0800

@janaiyengar approved this pull request.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4345#pullrequestreview-547735543

---

From: Jana Iyengar <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 08 Dec 2020 16:07:31 -0800

@janaiyengar commented on this pull request.

> +
+IANA \[SHALL add/has added] a registry for "QUIC Versions" under a "QUIC"
+heading.
+
+The "QUIC Versions" registry governs a 32-bit space; see {{versions}}. This
+registry follows the registration policy from {{iana-policy}}. Permanent
+registrations in this registry are assigned using the Specification Required
+policy ({{!RFC8126}}).
+
+The codepoint of 0x00000001 to the protocol is assigned with permanent status
+to the protocol defined in this document. The codepoint of 0x00000000 is
+permanently reserved; the note for this codepoint \[shall] indicate\[s] that
+this version is reserved for Version Negotiation.
+
+All codepoints that follow the pattern 0x?a?a?a?a are reserved and MUST NOT be
+assigned by IANA.

```suggestion
assigned by IANA and MUST NOT appear in the listing of assigned values.
```

Making text consistent with #4428.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4345#pullrequestreview-547736262

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 08 Dec 2020 16:09:55 -0800

@martinthomson pushed 1 commit.

51cb83d1593a8dc5b788e3fc30654e79de28fa7c  don't list grease

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
View it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4345/files/1f4fc9c2f3eef3edc4807c58a372baa80045d175..51cb83d1593a8dc5b788e3fc30654e79de28fa7c

---

From: Jana Iyengar <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 09 Dec 2020 20:28:31 -0800

Merged #4345 into master.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4345#event-4093116010