Subject: [quicwg/base-drafts] Minor editorial: Not necessarily ack-eliciting (#4420)

From: Jana Iyengar <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 02 Dec 2020 20:36:38 -0800

#4414 tried to fix this descriptive text, but I think it missed the nuance in the mechanism below, which looks at loss of _all_ packets between two ack-eliciting packets.

This PR tries to fix the text to be correct without precisely describing the mechanism.
You can view, comment on, or merge this pull request online at:

  https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4420

-- Commit Summary --

  * Not necessarily ack-eliciting

-- File Changes --

    M draft-ietf-quic-recovery.md (5)

-- Patch Links --

https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4420.patch
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4420.diff

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4420

---

From: msvoelker <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 02 Dec 2020 23:32:26 -0800

Great! That is what I meant in #4413.

I tried to make comments on lines in the persistent congestion section that you did not touch and realized that this is not possible in github. So I created an own pull request #4421. Hope you don't mind.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4420#issuecomment-737722022

---

From: mirjak <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 03 Dec 2020 02:35:18 -0800

Thanks! This is good now!

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4420#issuecomment-737855793

---

From: Jana Iyengar <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 03 Dec 2020 10:52:32 -0800

I'm happy to take #4421 instead of this.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4420#issuecomment-738216524

---

From: Jana Iyengar <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 Dec 2020 20:39:18 -0800

Closed #4420 via #4421.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4420#event-4082823756