Subject: [quicwg/base-drafts] Martin Duke Transport Comment 11 (#4460)

From: Lucas Pardue <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 2020 10:07:43 -0800

@martinduke said:

> 17.2.5.3 "A client MUST use the same cryptographic handshake message it
> included in this packet. A server MAY treat a packet that contains a different
> cryptographic handshake message as a connection error or discard it." If the
> client hello is large, the Retry Token itself might affect what part of it fits
> in the packet. The language here doesn't contradict that, but a naive server
> implementation of the server check might not catch that corner case (e.g.
> including a hash of the CHLO in the Retry token)
> 
> [BTW the very next paragraph redundantly repeats part of this requirement].
> 

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/4460

---

From: Jana Iyengar <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 2020 22:37:16 +0000 (UTC)

Closed #4460 via #4449.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/4460#event-4141997746