Subject: RE: (radius) draft-chiba-radius-dynamic-disconnect-00.txt

From: "Mark Jones" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2002 09:35:01 -0500

Depending on the vendor, the customer documentation on this functionality
can be pretty sparse so I do appreciate the efforts of the authors in
documenting the current practices in an informational draft.

I do have some comments on the draft:

---

In the Introduction section (1.1) you state:

   The disconnect messages cause a user session to be terminated
   immediately, whereas change of filter messages modify the applicable
   packet filters for the user session and is the subject of this draft.

which implies change of filter messages are the subject of the draft but the
next section (1.2 Current Practices) contradicts this:

   This draft outlines the details for Disconnect Requests only and
   will not attempt to detail Change of Filters which is considered
   as beyond the scope of this draft.

---

I seem to remember a Session-Key AVP figuring in at least two
implementations of the Disconnect-Request. Wouldn't this also deserve a
mention in a Current Practices document?

---

In section 1.2.1, "the request message contains either, or all" should read
"the request message contains one or more".

---

I believe it is also common practice to send the following attributes in the
Accounting-Stop packet for a successfully terminated session:

	Ascend-Disconnect-Cause = 150
				(Disconnect-Requested-By-Radius-Client)
	Acct-Terminate-Cause    = 7
				(Admin-Reset)
---

I would also welcome the addition of the change of filters messages to this
or some another informational draft.

Regards,
       Mark

-
To unsubscribe, email [email-masked]' with
'unsubscribe ietf-radius' in the body of the message.

---

From: Ignacio Goyret <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 01 Feb 2002 09:56:42 -0800

A few more comments on the draft:

Section 1.2.1 Disconnect-Request (DR)
   .... Current practices use the UPD port 1700 for sending requests...
                                  ^^^

s/UPD/UDP/

BTW, an acknowledgement to the originator of the idea would be a nice
touch, even if that vendor doesn't exist by that name anymore, since
AFAIK, none of the authors came up with this idea.

>I do have some comments on the draft:
...
-