Subject: LPDP<->PEP

From: Kaustubh Phanse <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2001 16:59:20 -0500 (EST)

Hi! all,

	Has any standard been proposed or suggested for the interface or
communication between a Local Policy Decision Point (LPDP) and a Policy
Enforcement Point (PEP)? Any pointers in this matter are greatly
appreciated.

Thank you
sincerely,
Kaustubh

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Kaustubh S. Phanse
 Graduate Research Assistant
 Alexandria Research Institute
 Bradley Department of ECpE		                 __    _________
 Virginia Polytechnic Institute & State University       \ \  / ___  __/
 Alexandria,VA 22314                                      \ \/ /  / /
                                                           \  /  / /
 Email:[email-masked]                                    \/  /_/ 
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
 \o/     \o             __|      \ /     |__          o _
  |      /\      __\o     \o      |     o/    o/__    /\
_/_\____|_\_____/)_|______(_\____/o\___/_)____|__(\__/_|

---

From: "sunjian" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2001 10:50:10 +0800

I think one way to realize the LPDP is to make a PIB which is a subset copy of
the PDP's PIB, the Policy in this subset PIB is that the PEP request from the
PDP.

Then the device policy request procedure is always standard, just send the
request to the Cops Client module and let the Cops Client decide which one(LPDP
or PDP) to ask!

Is my propose adoptable? Any pointers in this matter are greatly appreciated.^-^

Thanks
Sunjian