Subject: 2 Internet-drafts submitted to the RAP WG

From: "Louis-Nicolas Hamer" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2001 18:09:07 -0500

All,

I would like to request your attention to 2 internet-drafts we have just
submitted to the
RAP WG.

The first one is a framework draft on session setup with media
authorization.
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hamer-rap-session-auth-00.txt
This first draft describes the different models where our new policy element
(described in our second draft)
may be used. Establishing multimedia streams must take into account
requirements 
for end-to-end QoS, authorization of network resource usage and 
accurate accounting for resources used. During session set up, 
policies may be enforced to ensure that the media streams being 
requested lie within the bounds of the service profile established 
for the requesting host. Similarly, when a host requests resources 
to provide a certain QoS for a packet flow, policies may be enforced 
to ensure that the required resources lie within the bounds of the 
resource profile established for the requesting host.

Our second draft describes a new policy element called AUTH_SESSION. 
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hkg-rap-rsvp-authsession-00.txt
This document describes the representation of session authorization
information in the POLICY_DATA object for supporting
policy-based per-session authorization and admission control in
RSVP.

Please review both drafts and provide comments to the authors. Any comments
will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks and cheers,
Louis-Nicolas Hamer