Subject: Accounting RPT

From: "xubo" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2001 17:32:51 +0800

1、As the function of Accounting RPT is to notify the PDP of changes in the
PEP(Per PEP supports many Client-types,and there are many sessions),Why
there is Client Handle Object in the RPT message？
2、When the PEP can send the Accounting RPT? After it had received a CAT
（client-type != 0）message? or After it had sent first solicited RPT?
Thanks for you help!

---

From: "Iliff, Tina" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2001 14:05:40 +0000

The timer for the Accounting Report Type is given in the CAT message
(optionally).  Therefore, the PEP may send these reports during the
specified time intervals.  The information provided is related to policy
usage.  I hope this helps.

Tina Iliff

---

From: "Rawlins, Diana" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2001 16:17:12 +0000

Please see comments below. 

-Diana

-----Original Message-----
From: xubo [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Thursday, February 15, 2001 3:33 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Accounting RPT

>>> djr The client-SI objects in the Accounting RPT are specific to a Client
Type - just like the client-SI objects differ in the REQ and DEC, RPT for
the outsourcing and provisioning client types.

>> djr For COPS-PR accounting type report, the request state which is
identified by the Handle must be established to send the RPT. This would
have involved a solicited RPT message being sent by the PEP to the PDP. 

PEP       PDP
---REQ----->
<--DEC----
---RPT OK--> solicited
.
.
--RPT Acct--> 

Thanks for you help!

---

From: "Iliff, Tina" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2001 17:05:06 +0000

Sorry, I did not answer both of your questions completely.  The RPT of type
Accounting is sent per Client Handle within the time interval specified by
the optional ACCT Timer object in the CAT.  Also, the RPT Accounting may
only be sent after a Solicited RPT Success has been sent by the PEP (if you
recall in my previous message I had stated that the RPT Accounting carries
information regarding usage of installed policy).

Tina Iliff

-----Original Message-----
From: Iliff, Tina 
Sent: Thursday, February 15, 2001 8:06 AM
To: 'xubo'; [email-masked]
Subject: RE: Accounting RPT

Tina Iliff