Subject: [Rfced-future] Issue #138: Requests of the IETF Trust

From: Peter Saint-Andre <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 5 Dec 2021 13:52:17 -0700

Sandy Ginoza mentioned to me offlist that this document should request 
assistance from the IETF Trust in meeting its goals and procedures, very 
similar to what was requested in Section 5 and Section 6 of RFC 5744. 
I've created an issue for this:

https://github.com/intarchboard/program-rfced-future/issues/138

Peter

---

From: "Joel M. Halpern" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 5 Dec 2021 18:48:21 -0500

Why would this document need to do anything to the procedures in 5744? 
Or, for that matter 5378.  Both would still apply. Also no reason to 
mess with 8179. They have nothing to do with the RFC Editor or the RPC.
If there is a reason to mess with those, we will need to proceed very 
carefully.

Yours,
Joel

---

From: Peter Saint-Andre <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 5 Dec 2021 17:27:52 -0700

> If there is a reason to mess with those, we will need to proceed very 

Because the existing non-IETF streams have text requesting assistance 
from the IETF Trust, we should do so for the Editorial Stream, too:

IRTF: https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5743.html#section-3.1
IAB: https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5745.html#section-5
ISE: https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5744.html#section-5

Peter

---

From: "Joel M. Halpern" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 5 Dec 2021 19:31:24 -0500

Thanks.  I misunderstood what you were suggesting adding.
That makes sense.
Happy to see the text added, and work with my fellow trustees to make 
sure we confirm at the relevant point in the process.

Yours,
Joel

---

From: Peter Saint-Andre <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 5 Dec 2021 17:47:07 -0700

Thanks, Joel. I didn't explain it very well.

On 12/5/21 5:31 PM, Joel M. Halpern wrote:
>>> Why would this document need to do anything to the procedures in 
>>> 5744? Or, for that matter 5378.  Both would still apply. Also no 
>>> reason to mess with 8179. They have nothing to do with the RFC Editor 
>>> or the RPC.

---

From: Peter Saint-Andre <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2021 16:47:47 -0700

I've submitted a pull request for this issue:

https://github.com/intarchboard/program-rfced-future/pull/142

On 12/5/21 5:47 PM, Peter Saint-Andre wrote:
>>>> reason to mess with 8179. They have nothing to do with the RFC 
>>>> Editor or the RPC.
>>>> If there is a reason to mess with those, we will need to proceed 
>>>> very carefully.
>>>