Subject: [Rfced-future] Corrected. CONSENSUS CHECK on Issue 93

From: Eliot Lear <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 4 Dec 2021 09:51:30 +0100

The following is new text about RSAB appeals:

    Decisions of the RSAB can be appealed on grounds of failure to follow
    the correct process.  Where the RSAB makes a decision in order to
    resolve a disagreement between authors and the RPC (as described
    under Section 4.4), appeals can be filed on the basis that the RSAB
    misinterpreted an approved policy.  In other cases, disagreements
    about the conduct of the RSAB are not subject to appeal.

This text was incorporated in the draft, but we need to check consensus 
on it.  Please comment by the 18th of  December.

Eliot

---

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 5 Dec 2021 08:57:57 +1300

> on it.  Please comment by the 18th of  December.

I'm not sure I understand the last sentence. It isn't completely obvious
what "In other cases" is referring to. If the intention is to say
"There are no other grounds for appeal against decisions of the RSAB."
then could we say that?

Also, what redress exists against an RSAB that takes decisions outside
its competence? Would that be "failure to follow the correct process"?

    Brian C