Subject: [Rfcplusplus] Rfcplusplus BOF next steps?

From: "John G. Scudder" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2018 09:01:57 -0400

At the very end of the meeting I heard Gonzalo say “we have next steps” or similar. I was waiting for him to say what those next steps are, in specific, but instead he closed the meeting. 

Whether I missed it, or whether they actually weren’t listed, Gonzalo, would you mind repeating what those next steps are?

Thanks.

—John

---

From: Gonzalo Camarillo <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2018 15:43:38 -0400

Hi John,

during the BoF (and before the BoF on this list), we got good feedback
and input from the community on a set of topics related to the RFC
series. All that information will be useful for the RFC Editor, the
RSOC, and the IAB to identify, if needed, more-concrete improvement
areas in their respective areas of responsibility and potentially come
up with action plans, which may involve further conversations with the
community around certain issues.

So, from our point of view as BoF chairs, the next step is for them to
analyze the input from this BoF and take it from there. Defining
more-concrete next steps is up to the RFC Editor, RSOC, and the IAB (as
opposed to us BoF chairs).

Cheers,

Gonzalo

---

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2018 08:49:59 +1200

Gonzalo,

I don't suppose the minutes are available yet, but my (and others')
understanding was the baton was passed first to the RSE to analyse
the issues raised; after all, the normal process is for her to
propose any changes to the series, first for discussion in the RSOC
and then for any proposed general policy changes to be sent to the IAB
per https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc2850#page-3 .

It would be extremely chaotic for the RFC Editor, the RSOC, and
the IAB to work on this in parallel. Your reply could be understood
that way, but I suppose that isn't what you meant.

Regards
   Brian

On 18/07/2018 07:43, Gonzalo Camarillo wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> Rfcplusplus mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rfcplusplus
>

---

From: Bob Hinden <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2018 16:53:45 -0400

Gonzalo,

> On Jul 17, 2018, at 3:43 PM, Gonzalo Camarillo <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> Hi John,
> 

I think it would be useful if the chairs would summarize the discussion and the sense of the room.

Thanks,
Bob