Subject: [Roll] I-D Action:draft-ietf-roll-urban-routing-reqs-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2009 15:15:01 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Routing Over Low power and Lossy networks Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Urban WSNs Routing Requirements in Low Power and Lossy Networks
	Author(s)       : M. Dohler, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-roll-urban-routing-reqs-03.txt
	Pages           : 21
	Date            : 2009-01-08

The application-specific routing requirements for Urban Low Power and
Lossy Networks (U-LLNs) are presented in this document.  In the near
future, sensing and actuating nodes will be placed outdoors in urban
environments so as to improve the people's living conditions as well
as to monitor compliance with increasingly strict environmental laws.
These field nodes are expected to measure and report a wide gamut of
data, such as required in smart metering, waste disposal,
meteorological, pollution and allergy reporting applications.  The
majority of these nodes is expected to communicate wirelessly which -
given the limited radio range and the large number of nodes -
requires the use of suitable routing protocols.  The design of such
protocols will be mainly impacted by the limited resources of the
nodes (memory, processing power, battery, etc.) and the
particularities of the outdoor urban application scenarios.  As such,
for a wireless Routing Over Low power and Lossy networks (ROLL)
solution to be useful, the protocol(s) ought to be energy-efficient,
scalable, and autonomous.  This documents aims to specify a set of
requirements reflecting these and further U-LLNs tailored
characteristics.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-roll-urban-routing-reqs-03.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
Roll mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/roll

---

From: Tim Winter <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2009 12:27:02 -0500

WG,

We have posted a new version of the urban requirements draft,
draft-ietf-roll-urban-routing-reqs-03.

The revisions made from -02 were in response to comments from the
General Area Review Team (Gen-ART) and the Security Directorate review
(secdir) in support of the IESG evaluation.

In particular,
    - Section 6.2 was updated so as not to suggest that we are
encouraging layer violation in cases where routing may be performed in
part based on the nature of the traffic, e.g. in order to support data
aggregation.
    - Minor edits were applied to Section 6.5 in order to discuss
groupcast more clearly.
    - We removed some text from the Security Considerations section that
was related to data/forwarding security.  We added a consideration of
denial of service attacks that may be launched by taking advantage of
the routing protocol.
    - Updated IETF boilerplate and references.

Please have a look at the updated draft and address any feedback to the
list.

Thanks,

-Tim

[email-masked] wrote:
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>