Subject: [Roll] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-roll-protocols-survey-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2009 14:30:01 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Routing Over Low power and Lossy networks Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Overview of Existing Routing Protocols for Low Power and Lossy Networks
	Author(s)	: A. Tavakoli, S. Dawson-Haggerty, P. Levis
	Filename	: draft-ietf-roll-protocols-survey-06.txt
	Pages		: 26
	Date		: 2009-2-17
	
Low-power wireless devices, such as sensors, actuators and smart
   objects, present difficult constraints: very limited memory, little
   processing power, and long sleep periods.  As most of these devices
   are battery-powered, energy efficiency is critically important.
   Wireless link qualities can vary significantly over time, requiring
   protocols to make agile decisions yet minimize topology change energy
   costs.  Routing over such low power and lossy networks introduces
   requirements that existing routing protocols may not fully address.
   Using existing application requirements documents, this document
   derives a minimal and not exhaustive set of criteria for routing in
   low-power and lossy networks.  It provides a brief survey of the
   strengths and weaknesses of existing protocols with respect to these
   criteria.  From this survey it examines whether existing and mature
   IETF protocols can be used without modification in these networks, or
   whether further work is necessary.  It concludes that no existing
   IETF protocol meets the requirements of this domain.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-roll-protocols-survey-06.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.