Subject: [Roll] Quick Update on the protocol survey

From: JP Vasseur <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2009 13:49:56 +0100

Dear WG,

We owe you an update after so much discussion on the protocol survey  
document.

We are progressing really well. It took quite a bit of energy  
(although we are working in a constrained environment ;-)) but we  
received many good comments leading to a consensus.

Thomas sent several excellent comments that will help clarify the  
scope of this document and brings clarifications on several aspects  
(thanks!).
Phil, Arsalan and Steve, could you please post a new revision taking  
into account these comments ? Then we'll wait for Thomas ACK on this.

We tried to address most of Ian's concerns. Ian, based on our recent  
discussion, could you send them to this list for the record.

Overall, we do have a very good consensus that should help us to move  
with the publication request once the new revision will have been  
posted.

The next step is rechartering and we will send a proposal on this list  
very shortly.

Thanks.

JP and David.