Subject: [Roll] I-D Action:draft-ietf-roll-building-routing-reqs-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2009 13:45:01 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Routing Over Low power and Lossy networks Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Building Automation Routing Requirements in Low Power and Lossy Networks
	Author(s)       : J. Martocci, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-roll-building-routing-reqs-03.txt
	Pages           : 29
	Date            : 2009-02-02

The Routing Over Low power and Lossy network (ROLL) Working Group has 
been chartered to work on routing solutions for Low Power and Lossy 
networks (LLN) in various markets: Industrial, Commercial (Building), 
Home and Urban. Pursuant to this effort, this document defines the 
routing requirements for building automation. 

Requirements Language 

The key words "MUST", "MUST NOT", "REQUIRED", "SHALL", "SHALL NOT", 
"SHOULD", "SHOULD NOT", "RECOMMENDED", "MAY", and "OPTIONAL" in this 
document are to be interpreted as described in RFC-2119.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-roll-building-routing-reqs-03.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
Roll mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/roll

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2009 16:15:54 -0600

All,

As noted below, I have posted the -03 version of the 
"draft-ietf-roll-building-routing-reqs" to the repository.  This version 
incorporates all known comments to date.  The main commenters from the 
previous version were JP Vassuer, David Culler and Nicolas Riou. 

The following is the summary of changes in this version of the document:

David and JP did a deep-dive on the overall content of the document 
pointing out textual and grammatical errors; nomenclature issues and 
requirement rewording to clarify and highlight the requirements. 

Nicolas helped resolve the issue of the 'bidirectionality' requirement and 
the use of low-power (or zero power) sensors.

Some items that had been documented as routing requirements were removed 
and put into Appendix A.  Appendix A incorporates building requirements 
that are out of scope for routing and hence ROLL, but may be of interest 
to other WGs. 

The 'Use Case' section was moved from the document body to Appendix B

The Security requirements were refined and added to the Security 
Considerations (Chapter 7). 

Regards,

Jerry Martocci

[email-masked] 
Sent by: [email-masked]
02/02/2009 03:45 PM

To
[email-masked]
cc
[email-masked]
Subject
[Roll] I-D Action:draft-ietf-roll-building-routing-reqs-03.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Routing Over Low power and Lossy networks 
Working Group of the IETF.

                 Title           : Building Automation Routing 
Requirements in Low Power and Lossy Networks
                 Author(s)       : J. Martocci, et al.
                 Filename        : 
draft-ietf-roll-building-routing-reqs-03.txt
                 Pages           : 29
                 Date            : 2009-02-02

Requirements Language 

ftp://[email-masked]/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-roll-building-routing-reqs-03.txt