Subject: [Roll] FW: New Version Notification for draft-kelsey-roll-lip-00

From: Richard Kelsey <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2009 15:41:52 -0400

ROLLers,

I have submitted an Internet Draft describing some
extensions to MPLS for use in ROLL-style networks, including
RIP-like commands for creating and maintaining tree labels.
My hope is that this may be of use to the design team or
anyone else working on a routing proposal.  It is not a
complete routing solution.

Please send comments to me or to the list.

                                   -Richard Kelsey

------- Start of forwarded message -------
From: IETF I-D Submission Tool <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-kelsey-roll-lip-00 
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2009 12:00:51 -0700 (PDT)

A new version of I-D, draft-kelsey-roll-lip-00.txt has been successfuly submitted by Richard Kelsey and posted to the IETF repository.

Filename:	 draft-kelsey-roll-lip
Revision:	 00
Title:		 LIP: Label Information Protocol
Creation_date:	 2009-04-23
WG ID:		 Independent Submission
Number_of_pages: 13

Abstract:
LIP is an extension of MPLS for use in Lossy and Low power Networks
(LLN).  Use of MPLS allows rapid response to local topology changes
within an LLN, while still using full IP routing both within the LLN
and for packets that cross into other domains.  LIP has optional RIP
commands for discovering and maintaining label switched tree routes.
To support local route repair, labeled packets include a path metric
used to detect loops in label-switched paths.  Labeled messages may
optionally include a source route or route record at the label level
in order to allow their use without losing the advantages of label
switching.

The IETF Secretariat.
------- End of forwarded message -------

---

From: JP Vasseur <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2009 06:58:26 +0200

Thanks Richard, the DT will of course look at it. For information, the  
use of labels instead of addresses to save
header size in particular has already been discussed (e.g. use of the  
Flow Label) and is on the discussion
list by the DT. This can also help with regard to TE but requires  
states maintenance, label assignment/
distribution, ... We'll come bak to you soon. Haven't read your ID yet.

WG, for information the DT had two times 2h of discussions + emails  
exchanges and is progressing well. The
hope is to start writing within 2-3 weeks and go back to the list.

Thanks.

JP.

On Apr 23, 2009, at 9:41 PM, Richard Kelsey wrote:

> A new version of I-D, draft-kelsey-roll-lip-00.txt has been  
> successfuly submitted by Richard Kelsey and posted to the IETF  
> repository.
>
> _______________________________________________
> Roll mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/roll