Subject: [Roll] Clarification about IPR and ROLL

From: Alexandru Petrescu <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 01 Apr 2009 10:51:19 +0200

Dear ROLLers,

Have the Chairs received any IPR notification about any ROLL I-D
currently posted? (draft-ietf-roll-*)

Has there been any IPR disclosure made in the IETF IPR disclosure page
with respect to ROLL documents?
https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/about/

It is good to have this settled from the start, avoid later
misunderstandings.

There are specific ways in which IPR is treated in IETF in general and I
haven't seen any public discussion about it in ROLL, although silence
doesn't necessarily mean absence of IPR in this space.

Moreover, having a DT set out to do work now may need to thave the IPR 
aspects settled, and publicly is better.

Alex

---

From: JP Vasseur <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 Apr 2009 18:08:09 +0200

> currently posted? (draft-ietf-roll-*)

No.

> Moreover, having a DT set out to do work now may need to thave the  
> IPR aspects settled, and publicly is better.
>

Do not worry, we are not ignoring any of this.

JP.

> Alex
>
> _______________________________________________
> Roll mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/roll