Subject: [Roll] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-goyal-roll-dv-00

From: Mukul Goyal <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2009 16:04:44 -0500 (CDT)

Hi all,

Here is a simple distance vector protocol for ROLL. I would be happy to receive your comments. I know the DT draft would soon be out and would take most attention. I still hope that this draft would attract some attention and generate some discussion. The draft would soon be accessible at:

http://www.cs.uwm.edu/~mukul/draft-goyal-roll-dv-00.txt

in case it is not immediately available at IETF servers.

Thanks
Mukul

----- Forwarded Message -----
From: "IETF I-D Submission Tool" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Sent: Friday, June 26, 2009 3:55:10 PM GMT -06:00 US/Canada Central
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-goyal-roll-dv-00 

A new version of I-D, draft-goyal-roll-dv-00.txt has been successfuly submitted by Mukul Goyal and posted to the IETF repository.

Filename:	 draft-goyal-roll-dv
Revision:	 00
Title:		 A Distance Vector Protocol for Routing Over Low Power and Lossy Networks
Creation_date:	 2009-06-26
WG ID:		 Independent Submission
Number_of_pages: 9

Abstract:
This draft describes a distance vector protocol for routing over low
power and lossy networks.  In this protocol, each node periodically
advertises its minimum hop distance and "current" end-to-end
reliability of reaching a destination in the network via local
broadcast of Hello messages.  One Hello message may contain several
such advertisements.  The inter-Hello time period is determined using
an adaptive scheme designed to speed up routing convergence to both
good and bad news while avoiding unnecessary transmissions.  A node
maintains hop distance and end-to-end reliability information for a
subset of its neighbors and for a subset of destinations in the
network.  For each such destination, the node also maintains the set
of neighbors that it would use to forward packets going to that
destination.  These neighbors are selected such that they are closest
to the destination in terms of hops among neighbors that satisfy a
certain minimum reliability criterion.

The IETF Secretariat.