Subject: [Roll] Moving forward with the protocol work

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 2009 00:06:41 +0200

I think everyone acknowledges that there are areas (P2P, security) to 
resolve.  But if adopting RPL as the WG document means that the WG as a 
whole can work together to design the best solution, I think that is the 
best course of action.  I'm admittedly new to the IETF process but that's 
my understanding of what the goal of adopting RPL is - to provide a basis 
to work from as a working group and RPL version X may be very different 
than RPL version 1.

Matt Anderson

---

From: JP Vasseur <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 2009 18:13:06 +0200

On Jul 31, 2009, at 12:06 AM, [email-masked] wrote:

> I think everyone acknowledges that there are areas (P2P, security)  
> to resolve.  But if adopting RPL as the WG document means that the  
> WG as a whole can work together to design the best solution, I think  
> that is the best course of action.  I'm admittedly new to the IETF  
> process but that's my understanding of what the goal of adopting RPL  
> is - to provide a basis to work from as a working group and RPL  
> version X may be very different than RPL version 1.

Clarifications are needed considering the number of people new to IETF  
process. Adopting a document as WG document is again not an end, thus  
my question on whether you all think that RPL provides a good  
foundation. Of course, this also means that people agrees with the  
main foundations, which so far seems to be the case. So there is no  
RPL version 1 or 2, but an RPL that needs to be improved in several  
areas of course and I do see many people willing to help there, which  
is great.

Thanks.

JP.

>
> Matt Anderson
> _______________________________________________
> Roll mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/roll