Subject: [Roll] New ROLL WG document: draft-ietf-roll-rpl-00.txt

From: JP Vasseur <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 Aug 2009 09:23:07 +0200

Dear All,

Many thanks for so much feed-back and fruitful discussions.

We had a very good consensus during the WG meeting (very quickly)  
confirmed on the mailing list for adopting draft-dt-roll-rpl as a WG  
document.

Authors, please resubmit draft-dt-roll-rpl-01.txt as draft-ietf-roll- 
rpl-00.txt with no other changes other than date and title.

As expressed by several of you and acknowledged by the DT, there are  
still several open issues and items to discuss. As reminded on the  
mailing list and during the meeting, adopting an I-D as a WG document  
is by all means not an end (!!) and we still have substantial work  
ahead of us, but at least we have an excellent foundation and  
principles for which we have a very good consensus.

In the list of items (with no particular order of importance):
	* Point to point routing,
	* Binding to ND,
	* Loss of RA-DIO,
	* Loop detection (to also be discussed in light of the solution  
proposed by DADR),
	* Source routing,
	* Address compression/label switching,
	* Security (let's just wait until we move on (soon) with the security  
framework document),
	* ...

Very pleased to see that the WG is moving forward fast with excellent  
consensus and contributions.

Stay tuned, I will propose a plan in term of next steps.

Thanks.

JP.