Subject: [Roll] [roll] #3: Need Clarification on Candidate Neighbor

From: "roll issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2009 14:51:28 -0000

#3: Need Clarification on Candidate Neighbor
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  jpv@…               |       Owner:  wintert@…      
     Type:  defect              |      Status:  new            
 Priority:  major               |   Milestone:                 
Component:  rpl                 |     Version:                 
 Severity:  Active WG Document  |    Keywords:                 
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
 Question from Mathilde Durvy:

 Hi All,

 I'm trying to understand better the need for 'candidate neighbors'.
 My current understanding is that 'candidate parents' (RPL) are a subset of
 'candidate neighbors' (RPL) which are themselves a subset of 'neighbors'
 (ND).
 My question is, do we really need to maintain 'candidate neighbors' in
 addition to 'neighbors' and 'candidate parents'?
 If yes what should be the data structure and corresponding fields for
 'candidate neighbors'? Section 5.2.1 gives very little details...
 I have a feeling that 'candidate neighbors' could simply be the set of
 REACHABLE 'neighbors' and be associated with a DAG once they become
 candidate parents.

-- 
Ticket URL: <https://svn.tools.ietf.org/wg/roll/trac/ticket/3>
roll <http://tools.ietf.org/wg/roll/>