Subject: [Roll] Smart Grid Bar Bof at IETF 76

From: Adrian Farrel <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2009 11:34:15 +0100

Hi,

Please see the attached from Security AD (and NIST employee) Tim Polk. If 
this is something that would be of direct interest to you, please consider 
completing the Doodle poll.

Thanks,
Adrian
----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Polk, William T." <[email-masked]>
To: "Fred Baker" <[email-masked]>; "David R Oran" <[email-masked]>; "Richard 
Shockey" <[email-masked]>; "Russ Housley" <[email-masked]>; 
"Leslie Daigle" <[email-masked]>; "Sean Turner" <[email-masked]>; "Paul 
Hoffman" <[email-masked]>; "Henning Schulzrinne" 
<[email-masked]>; "Phil Roberts" <[email-masked]>; 
<[email-masked]>; <[email-masked]>; "Hiroshi Esaki" 
<[email-masked]>; "Michael Dillon" <[email-masked]>; "Brian E 
Carpenter" <[email-masked]>; "Ralph Droms" <[email-masked]>; 
"Michael Dillon" <[email-masked]>; "IESG IESG" <[email-masked]>; 
"IAB IAB" <[email-masked]>; <[email-masked]>; "Peny Yang" 
<[email-masked]>
Cc: "St. Pierre, James A." <[email-masked]>; "Dodson, Donna F." 
<[email-masked]>; "Su, David H." <[email-masked]>; "Golmie, Nada 
T." <[email-masked]>
Sent: Tuesday, October 13, 2009 2:45 AM
Subject: Doodle poll: Smart Grid Bar Bof at IETF 76

Folks,

I would like to organize a BAR BOF at IETF 76 in Hiroshima to discuss the US 
Smart Grid effort.  IETF protocols will be an important component of a 
successful and evolutionary Smart Grid, and NIST is looking to the IETF for 
leadership. To enable participation by NIST/ITL Management, I would like to 
hold the BAR BOF either Wednesday or Thursday night.

NIST attendees will provide some background/history of the Smart Grid 
efforts but the primary goal of this session is to determine whether there 
is sufficient interest in the community to take on work in this area. If 
there is interest, scoping of appropriate IETF contributions, and strategies 
for organizing the response would also be fruitful topic areas.

I am sending this email directly to any IETFers that have (to my knowledge) 
previously indicated interest in Smart Grid.  I am also sending this message 
to the IESG, IAB, [email-masked], and [email-masked] email lists. 
Please feel free to forward this email to anyone else that you think I may 
have missed.

If you are interested in attending the BOF, please indicate your preference 
using the following doodle poll:

      http://www.doodle.com/q5nusbhpqfnf75yh

Thanks,

Tim Polk