Subject: [Roll] need clarification: 5.4.1.6.1

From: "Julien Abeille (jabeille)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2009 14:34:05 +0100

Hi all,
 
not sure I understand point 5.4.1.6.1: if a node has no more parents,
how does it poison routes up the tree. I thought this would be by
sending a DAO, but if the node has no more parents, how does it perform
this? Should it read outwards?
 
Thank you,
Julien

---

From: Richard Kelsey <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2009 13:19:54 -0400

Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2009 14:34:05 +0100
   From: "Julien Abeille (jabeille)" <[email-masked]>

   Hi all,

Julien,

I think that the text is correct, if a bit confusing.  The
routes being poisoned are upward routes through the node.
This is done by poison flowing downwards in DIOs as
described in 5.4.1.6.2.  The poisoning informs nodes lower
in the DAG that they can no longer route upwards through the
source of the poison.
                               -Richard Kelsey