Subject: [Roll] Need clarification ?

From: JP Vasseur <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2009 13:59:13 +0100

Dear all,

As Tim pointed out, RPL Rev-04 did simplify the protocol quite  
significantly, which was our WG's main objective.
There are still areas where the text may not be sufficiently detailed  
(I did receive questions from several implementers showing a lack of  
clarity).

Could you please review and let us know where the text is not  
sufficiently detailed or ambiguous ?

This way we could address any potential lack of clarity in rev-05 +  
add the FSM as promised.

I'll start opening tickets, now is probably a good time.

Thanks.

JP.

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2009 15:21:58 -0500

JP,

For us IETF rookies - Is there a document that describes the use of the 
Issue Tracker?  Do we send them to the Chair to be entered?  Do we enter 
them ourselves?  How do we query the tracker?  What states might an issue 
take on?

Please advise.

Jerry

JP Vasseur <[email-masked]> 
Sent by: [email-masked]
10/28/2009 07:58 AM

To
roll ROLL <[email-masked]>
cc

Subject
[Roll] Need clarification ?

Dear all,

Thanks.

JP.
_______________________________________________
Roll mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/roll

---

From: Michael Richardson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2009 20:10:43 -0400

{please fix your mailer to not reply to the SMTP envelope from, which is
[email-masked]. I won't be surprised if sending emails to that
address causes you to be removed from the list.
You'll need to talk to your IT types about getting your mail system
compliant with the 20-year old RFC1123}

>>>>> "Jerald" == Jerald P Martocci <[email-masked]> writes:
    Jerald> For us IETF rookies - Is there a document that describes the
    Jerald> use of the Issue Tracker?  Do we send them to the Chair to
    Jerald> be entered?  Do we enter them ourselves?  How do we query
    Jerald> the tracker?  What states might an issue take on?

Issue trackers are relatively new to the IETF (less than 2 years), so
the process is mostly up to our chairs, and even IETF frequent flyers
may not know more than you :-)

You need a datatracker.ietf.org account, that I know.
Getting one is not hard, but I'm not sure what the criteria is.
Usually, it has been restricted to the WG chairs, and a few other helpers.

-- 
]       He who is tired of Weird Al is tired of life!           |  firewalls  [
]   Michael Richardson, Sandelman Software Works, Ottawa, ON    |net architect[
] [email-masked] http://www.sandelman.ottawa.on.ca/ |device driver[
   Kyoto Plus: watch the video <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzx1ycLXQSE>
	               then sign the petition.

---

From: JP Vasseur <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2009 09:28:30 +0100

Hi Jerry,

On Oct 28, 2009, at 9:21 PM, [email-masked] wrote:

>
> JP,
>
> For us IETF rookies - Is there a document that describes the use of  
> the Issue Tracker?

Not sure what you mean by issue tracker ? You mean the tickets ? If  
so, yes they are managed by the chairs.

Thanks

JP.

> Do we send them to the Chair to be entered?  Do we enter them  
> ourselves?  How do we query the tracker?  What states might an issue  
> take on?
>
> Please advise.
>
> Jerry
>
>
>