Subject: [Roll] I-D Action:draft-ietf-roll-rpl-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 5 Oct 2009 17:45:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Routing Over Low power and Lossy networks Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : RPL: Routing Protocol for Low Power and Lossy Networks
	Author(s)       : T. Winter, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-roll-rpl-03.txt
	Pages           : 93
	Date            : 2009-10-05

Low Power and Lossy Networks (LLNs) are made largely of constrained
nodes (with limited processing power, memory, and sometimes energy
when they are battery operated).  These routers are interconnected by
lossy links, most of the time supporting only low data rates, that
are usually fairly unstable with relatively low packet delivery
rates.  Another characteristic of such networks is that the traffic
patterns are not simply unicast, but in many cases point-to-
multipoint or multipoint-to-point.  Furthermore such networks may
potentially comprise a large number of nodes, up to several dozens or
hundreds or more nodes in the network.  These characteristics offer
unique challenges to a routing solution: the IETF ROLL Working Group
has defined application-specific routing requirements for a Low Power
and Lossy Network (LLN) routing protocol.  This document specifies
the Routing Protocol for Low Power and Lossy Networks (RPL).

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-roll-rpl-03.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

---

From: JP Vasseur <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 Oct 2009 06:56:17 +0200

Dear all,

As planned this version is purely editorial (thanks Tim !).

Stay tuned, several questions will be sent out to the list shortly to  
tackle a series of important design decisions for revision 04.

Thanks.

JP.

Begin forwarded message:

> From: [email-masked]
> Date: October 6, 2009 2:45:01 AM CEDT
> To: [email-masked]
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-roll-rpl-03.txt
> Reply-To: [email-masked]
>
> _______________________________________________
> I-D-Announce mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
> Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
> or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt