Subject: [Roll] [roll] #17: Path Digest

From: "roll issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2009 10:09:44 -0000

#17: Path Digest
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  jpv@…               |       Owner:  pthubert@…        
     Type:  enhancement         |      Status:  new               
 Priority:  major               |   Milestone:                    
Component:  rpl                 |     Version:                    
 Severity:  Active WG Document  |    Keywords:                    
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
 RPL allows source routing down the DAG.
 Typically, the source will be the root, and the destination a node
 somewhere down.
 The source route path might be strict or loose, depending on whether
 intermediate nodes can actually store states.
 a)      We can choose between 2 models:  keep intermediate SRP in the
 nodes down the DAG or only do LSRR from the root
 b)      A source route path must be recomputed from the destination up
 when the  path between the source and the destination changes. But there
 is no way for the destination to know that. That is what the digest was
 for

-- 
Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/roll/trac/ticket/17>
roll <http://tools.ietf.org/wg/roll/>