Subject: [Roll] OCP0 text

From: "Julien Abeille (jabeille)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2009 14:46:42 +0100

Hi all,
 
I think the ocp0 text could be made clearer. appart from the
administrative (interface allowed or not...) considerations, the
variables that come into play are:
1 grounded better than not grounded
2 highest preference better
3 lowest rank better
4 DAG with alternate parents available better
5 parent with link determined to be stable better than no info on link
stability
6 freshest DIO better
7 current DAG better
8 current parent better
 
when there is a tie on one test, we go to the next.
The question is about the order of the tests. Does the one above (1 to
8) seem reasonable? 
 
Best,
Julien

---

From: "Pascal Thubert (pthubert)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2009 19:14:32 +0100

Hi Julien:

That's close enough...

 The freshness in time is a dangerous beast though. I assume we'll use
the sequence for that.

When a node sees a new sequence, there must be a probation time of one
or more trickle timers and then a router with the new sequence has more
appeal than one with an older sequence.

 Also, the preference is used only in the absence of grounded.
Otherwise, you might select a root far, far away if such a root had a
better preference.

Finally, the stability test might be placed differently for the
preferred and for the back up. The preferred needs to be preevaluated if
possible whereas the backup can be under evaluation, so your placement
would apply to the back up.

I'll post the of0 draft soon and then we can discuss the wording....

Pascal

From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
Julien Abeille (jabeille)
Sent: lundi 30 novembre 2009 14:47
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Roll] OCP0 text

Hi all,

3 lowest rank better

6 freshest DIO better

7 current DAG better

8 current parent better

Best,

Julien