Subject: [Roll] RPL clarification needed: moving down the DAG

From: "Julien Abeille (jabeille)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Nov 2009 17:08:39 +0100

Hi all,
 
when does a node move down a DAG? 5.4.1.4 says a node must not, but if
it does it must poison down. so when does it move down?
example 1; if node A has two parents, B and C, rank 1 and 2. A rank is 5
(let's say OCP 0 is used) for some reason B is not available anymore, A
new rank if it goes with C would be 6. Is A allowed to move to C?
 
Julien

---

From: "Pascal Thubert (pthubert)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Nov 2009 17:34:01 +0100

Hi Julien:

The response used to be in early versions, start a small timer that's an
order of magnitude longer than RA propagation, and when it elapses,
loose memory and do what you like. 

The Dag Hop Timer being gone down the simplifier sink, we are in a sad
situation where the node cannot move down anymore. It has to wait for a
new sequence.

Maybe this timer was removed a bit too enthusiastically?

Pascal

From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
Julien Abeille (jabeille)
Sent: mardi 3 novembre 2009 17:09
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Roll] RPL clarification needed: moving down the DAG

Hi all,

Julien