Subject: [Roll] I-D Action:draft-ietf-roll-routing-metrics-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 3 Dec 2009 04:30:05 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Routing Over Low power and Lossy networks Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Routing Metrics used for Path Calculation in Low Power and Lossy Networks
	Author(s)       : J. Vasseur, D. Networks
	Filename        : draft-ietf-roll-routing-metrics-04.txt
	Pages           : 29
	Date            : 2009-12-03

Low power and Lossy Networks (LLNs) have unique characteristics
compared with traditional wired and ad-hoc networks that require the
specification of new routing metrics and constraints.  By contrast
with typical Interior Gateway Protocol (IGP) routing metrics using
hop counts or link metrics, this document specifies a set of link and
node routing metrics and constraints suitable to LLNs.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-roll-routing-metrics-04.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

---

From: JP Vasseur <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 3 Dec 2009 16:40:11 +0100

The OCP Object defined in this ID has been modified in revision 04 to  
be carried as a suboption of the DIO Base option, with makes more  
sense than in the DAG Metric Container and a new suboption type has  
been assigned TBC by IANA.

Thanks.

JP, Mijeom and Kris.

Begin forwarded message:

> From: [email-masked]
> Date: December 3, 2009 1:30:05 PM CEST
> To: [email-masked]
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-roll-routing-metrics-04.txt
> Reply-To: [email-masked]
>
> _______________________________________________
> I-D-Announce mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
> Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
> or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

---

From: Alexandru Petrescu <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 03 Dec 2009 17:36:51 +0100

> 	Author(s)       : J. Vasseur, D. Networks

ROLLers,

I believe we should do something about this.

It's now the 5th revision of this draft that I see authored by a 
mysterious D. Networks :-)

Alex

> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>

---

From: JP Vasseur <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 3 Dec 2009 17:39:13 +0100

> mysterious D. Networks :-)

;-) Automatically generated by the uploader ... that may trigger  
curiosity and interest of people to read the document, good thing ;-)

> Roll mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/roll

---

From: Adrian Farrel <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 03 Dec 2009 18:42:38 +0000

I'm guessing this would be fixed if you used full names in the Authors' 
Addresses section.

BTW, running idnits before submitting a draft is a nice idea (and fixing the 
nits :-)

Cheers,
Adrian

---

From: JP Vasseur <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 3 Dec 2009 21:28:20 +0100

On Dec 3, 2009, at 7:42 PM, Adrian Farrel wrote:

> I'm guessing this would be fixed if you used full names in the  
> Authors' Addresses section.
>
> BTW, running idnits before submitting a draft is a nice idea (and  
> fixing the nits :-)
>

Not a catastrophic error ;-)
  ** There are 3 instances of too long lines in the document, the  
longest one
      being 2 characters in excess of 72.

> Cheers,
> Adrian
> ----- Original Message ----- From: "JP Vasseur" <[email-masked]>