Subject: Re: [Roll] [roll] #3: Need Clarification on Candidate Neighbor

From: "roll issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 06 Dec 2009 18:56:53 -0000

#3: Need Clarification on Candidate Neighbor
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  jpv@…               |        Owner:  wintert@…      
     Type:  defect              |       Status:  closed         
 Priority:  major               |    Milestone:                 
Component:  rpl                 |      Version:                 
 Severity:  Active WG Document  |   Resolution:  fixed          
 Keywords:                      |  
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
Changes (by jpv@…):

  * status:  new => closed
  * resolution:  => fixed

Comment:

 The text in RPL -05 is relaxed to not specify how an implementation should
 keep
 candidate neighbors.  An implementor is free to choose whatever data
 structures are
 best suited to the task, for example candidate neighbors may be maintained
 as a
 discrete set or may be maintained as a property/flag in a neighbor set,
 etc.

         Implementation guidelines / suggestions for the selection and
 maintenance of
 candidate neighbors may be provided in a future appendix or companion
 document, but
 are considered to be outside of scope for the core RPL specification.

-- 
Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/roll/trac/ticket/3#comment:1>
roll <http://tools.ietf.org/wg/roll/>