Subject: Re: [Roll] [roll] #14: Local Repair Mechanism for RPL

From: "roll issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 06 Dec 2009 18:56:24 -0000

#14: Local Repair Mechanism for RPL
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  jpv@…               |        Owner:  wintert@…      
     Type:  defect              |       Status:  closed         
 Priority:  major               |    Milestone:                 
Component:  rpl                 |      Version:                 
 Severity:  Active WG Document  |   Resolution:  fixed          
 Keywords:  Local Repair        |  
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
Changes (by jpv@…):

  * status:  new => closed
  * resolution:  => fixed

Comment:

 RPL -05 includes proposed mechanisms for local repair.  These mechanisms,
 which may
 be configured according to policy and applied in a complementary manner,
 include:

         * Allowing a node to
                 - Poison its sub-DAG by advertising an effective rank of
 INFINITY
                 OR
                 - detach and `float' its sub-DAG by starting a floating
 DODAG with a
                   new DAGID while preserving inner-connectivity

         * Allowing a node, possibly after waiting for an appropriate
 poisoning
                 interval, to move down the DODAG iteration within a
 bounded distance.
                 The distance (a limited rank increase) is configured from
 the root,
                 and serves to avoid counting all of the way to infinity
 while
                 allowing the node to attempt restoration of connectivity
 to the
                 DODAG iteration without waiting for a new
 DAGSequenceNumber.

 The authors await WG feedback but this closes the ticket.

-- 
Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/roll/trac/ticket/14#comment:1>
roll <http://tools.ietf.org/wg/roll/>