Subject: [Roll] Potential RPL Enhancements

From: JP Vasseur <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 2009 15:20:26 +0100

Dear all,

As a follow up to my previous email with regards to the version 05 of  
RPL, I wanted to elaborate a little bit on the process that we will be  
following with regards to further RPL enhancements.

We reached a point where the protocol is getting stable with all must- 
have features (except security, our next top priority item). It is now  
time to get feed-back from implementers.

There will of course be proposals to enhance and improve the protocol  
and here is the proposed way to proceed:

1) If there is a request to modify RPL because an issue has been  
found, a ticket will be opened and the issue will be solved.
2) If there is "nice to have" enhancements, we'll open a ticket  
flagged as "enhancement", to be addressed at some point (e.g. DIS  
enhancement)
3) New features will be addressed in separate documents.

Plan for rev-06 and -07:
1) clarification and potential enhancements to DAO processing
2) potentially DAO packing if it is shown that such mechanism is needed
3) Security

Thanks.

JP.

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 2009 12:25:35 -0600

JP,

Can you please clearly explain your position on P2P messaging.   In 
September, you stated that P2P messaging would be added to a future RPL 
version.  It now seems to have slipped off your 'to do' list.  I'd like a 
clear understanding when there will be a robust method for passing packets 
between two LLN nodes efficiently.

Thanks,

Jerry

JP Vasseur <[email-masked]> 
Sent by: [email-masked]
12/11/2009 08:20 AM

To
ROLL WG <[email-masked]>
cc

Subject
[Roll] Potential RPL Enhancements

Dear all,

Plan for rev-06 and -07:

Thanks.

JP.
_______________________________________________
Roll mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/roll