Subject: [Roll] DAO No-Path in a storing mode

From: Mathieu Pouillot <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2011 09:09:17 +0100

Hello ,

In the specification, for storing mode, it is specified that a device 
should send a DAO no-path to a node which is removed from the DAO parent 
set (9.8.4). For me a node is removed from the DAO parent set if it is 
unreachable on link-local and so I can't send a DAO no-path to this 
node. A solution to inform the old DAO parent should be to send the 
No-path on the global address but it is not allowed by the 
specification  (9.1.4-in storing mode DAO message MUST be link-local-). 
So only the lifetime will remove the route from the old DAO parent, that 
can take few minutes depends of the DAO lifetime setting.
What do you think about that?

best regards,

Mathieu

-- 

*Mathieu POUILLOT *
R&D Engineer

[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>

*Direct line* : +33(0)4 98 01 60 05

*Tel* : +33(0)4 98 01 60 05
*Fax* : +33(0)4 94 14 10 80

1766 Chemin de la Planquette
83130 LA GARDE -- France
www.watteco.com <http://www.watteco.com>

/Before printing think about*environment *and *costs*/

This Message may contain confidential information intended only for the 
use of the addressee named above. If you are not the intended recipient 
of this message you are hereby notified that any use, dissemination, 
distribution or reproduction of this message is prohibited. If you 
received this message by mistake, please notify the sender by reply 
email immediately. Please conduct your own virus checks before opening 
any attachment as Watteco does not guarantee the integrity of this email 
or attached files has been maintained nor this communication is free of 
viruses, interceptions or interference. Any views expressed in this 
message are those of the individual sender and may not necessarily 
reflect the views of Watteco. Watteco shall not be responsible nor 
liable for the improper and incomplete transmission of the information 
contained in this communication nor for any delay in its receipt or 
damage to your system.