Subject: [Roll] I-D Action:draft-ietf-roll-routing-metrics-15.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2011 22:30:01 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Routing Over Low power and Lossy networks Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Routing Metrics used for Path Calculation in Low Power and Lossy Networks
	Author(s)       : J. Vasseur, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-roll-routing-metrics-15.txt
	Pages           : 30
	Date            : 2011-01-13

Low power and Lossy Networks (LLNs) have unique characteristics
compared with traditional wired and ad-hoc networks that require the
specification of new routing metrics and constraints.  By contrast
with typical Interior Gateway Protocol (IGP) routing metrics using
hop counts or link metrics, this document specifies a set of link and
node routing metrics and constraints suitable to LLNs to be used by
the Routing for Low Power and lossy networks (RPL) routing protocol.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-roll-routing-metrics-15.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

---

From: JP Vasseur <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2011 07:36:58 +0100

All,

This revision incorporated the comments from Gen-art review and security directorate.

Thanks !

JP.

Begin forwarded message:

> From: [email-masked]
> Date: January 14, 2011 7:30:01 AM GMT+01:00
> To: [email-masked]
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-roll-routing-metrics-15.txt
> Reply-To: [email-masked]
> 
> _______________________________________________
> I-D-Announce mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
> Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
> or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

---

From: Yoav Ben-Yehezkel <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2011 10:18:06 +0200

Hi ROLL-ers,

A few comments/questions to this version of the draft:

1.       Flags field - in figure 2 for example, “Flags” field in the figure
looks like it’s 6 bits followed by A and O flag fields. In the text below is
defined as Flags (8 bits). Propose to add a clarification that the A and O
flags are part of the Flags field. The same repeats in other figures as well
(for example Figure 1 and Figure 4).

2.       Is the “Prec” field really a flag?

3.       Although he probably deserves it, but was it the intent of the
authors to acknowledge Mukul Goyal twice? J

4.       There seems to be two copies of the draft (2nd one starting at page
30)

Also, I propose to run a spell/grammar checker throughout the document. A
few catches:

1.       found one more instance of “objet” instead of “object” in section
3.

2.       in section 1: e.g = e.g. , characterisics = characteristics,
unneccessary = unnecessary

3.       in section 2.1: signalled = signaled

4.       in section 4.3.2: cummulative = cumulative

5.       in section 4.4.1:   “There MUST be a at least one LC sub-object per
LC object.” – remove “a” after “be”

6.       in section 7: intermitment = intermittent

7.       In section 8: thourough = thorough

8.       in section 4.3.1, the text “(e.g. something like "select the path
with most links reporting a LQL value of 3 or less"” – propose to remove
“something like” – e.g. already means that it’s something like.

Best regards,

Yoav

*From:* [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] *On Behalf Of *JP
Vasseur
*Sent:* Friday, January 14, 2011 8:37 AM
*To:* ROLL WG
*Subject:* [Roll] Fwd: I-D Action:draft-ietf-roll-routing-metrics-15.txt

All,

This revision incorporated the comments from Gen-art review and security
directorate.

Thanks !

JP.

Begin forwarded message:

 *From: [email-masked]

*Date: *January 14, 2011 7:30:01 AM GMT+01:00

*To: [email-masked]

*Cc: [email-masked]

*Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-roll-routing-metrics-15.txt*

*Reply-To: [email-masked]

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Routing Over Low power and Lossy networks
Working Group of the IETF.

            Title           : Routing Metrics used for Path Calculation in
Low Power and Lossy Networks
            Author(s)       : J. Vasseur, et al.
            Filename        : draft-ietf-roll-routing-metrics-15.txt
            Pages           : 30
            Date            : 2011-01-13