Subject: [Roll] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-ietf-roll-minrank-hysteresis-of-01

From: Omprakash Gnawali <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2011 16:41:35 -0800

Updates based on the comments from the last couple weeks. Here are
some main changes:

- Mention that MRHOF *only* applies to additive metrics
- Mention when parent selection should be done
- Mention that the reason ETX-specific parameters are given is because
we have the experience to suggest some parameters for that metric.
Input from WG members who have suggestion for the parameter values for
other metrics welcome.
- Parent set - only the preferred parent in the parent set. From the
perspective of this OF, the nodes do not narrow down the list of
candidates to a smaller set and pick a node from that smaller set. I
am open to suggestion on a different way to explain and think about
the parent set.

- om_p

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: IETF I-D Submission Tool <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, Feb 28, 2011 at 4:33 PM
Subject: New Version Notification for
draft-ietf-roll-minrank-hysteresis-of-01
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]

A new version of I-D, draft-ietf-roll-minrank-hysteresis-of-01.txt has
been successfully submitted by Omprakash Gnawali and posted to the
IETF repository.

Filename:        draft-ietf-roll-minrank-hysteresis-of
Revision:        01
Title:           The Minimum Rank Objective Function with Hysteresis
Creation_date:   2011-02-28
WG ID:           roll
Number_of_pages: 9

Abstract:
Hysteresis delays the effect of changes in link metric on parent
selection.  Such delay makes the topology stable despite jitters in
link metrics.  The Routing Protocol for Low Power and Lossy Networks
(RPL) allows the use of objective functions to construct routes that
optimize or constrain a routing metric on the paths.  This
specification describes the Minimum Rank Objective Function with
Hysteresis (MRHOF), an objective function that minimizes the node
rank in terms of a given metric, while using hysteresis to prevent
excessive rank churn.  The use of MRHOF with RPL results in nodes
selecting stable paths that minimize the given routing metric to the
roots of a Directed Acyclic Graph (DAG).

The IETF Secretariat.