Subject: [Roll] I-D Action:draft-ietf-roll-p2p-rpl-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 07 Feb 2011 05:30:01 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Routing Over Low power and Lossy networks Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Reactive Discovery of Point-to-Point Routes in Low Power and Lossy Networks
	Author(s)       : M. Goyal, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-roll-p2p-rpl-02.txt
	Pages           : 23
	Date            : 2011-02-07

Point to point (P2P) communication between arbitrary IPv6 routers and
hosts in a Low power and Lossy Network (LLN) is a key requirement for
many applications.  RPL, the IPv6 Routing Protocol for LLNs,
constrains the LLN topology to a Directed Acyclic Graph (DAG) and
requires the P2P routing to take place along the DAG links.  Such P2P
routes may be suboptimal and may lead to traffic congestion near the
DAG root.  This document specifies a P2P route discovery mechanism,
complementary to the RPL base functionality.  This mechanism allows
an RPL-aware IPv6 router or host to discover and establish, on
demand, one or more routes to another RPL-aware IPv6 router or host
in the LLN such that the discovered routes meet a specified cost
criteria.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-roll-p2p-rpl-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.