Subject: Re: [Roll] Security extensions to RPL

From: "amit dvir" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2011 11:31:53 +0100

Hi Yoav and WG,

Thanks for your comments.

We will consider your suggestion.

Moreover, we will be happy to know the opinion of WG.

Regards,

Dr. Amit Dvir

Post Doc

Laboratory of Cryptography and System Security (CrySyS) 

Budapest University of Technology and Economics (BME)

URL:  <http://www.hit.bme.hu/~buttyan/> http://www.amitdvir.com

From: Yoav Ben-Yehezkel [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Monday, January 24, 2011 9:36 PM
To: amit dvir; [email-masked]
Subject: RE: [Roll] Security extensions to RPL

Hi Amit and WG,

Thanks for the work you've put into this ID and for sharing this draft with
the group.
 
I would like to probe the WG opinion on splitting this draft into two
separate IDs, one about DIO Message Authentication and the other about Local
Key Agreement. 

As it stands, a draft called "security extensions to RPL" seems too general
to understand what this draft is trying to accomplish (as there can be many
more security extensions to RPL than the ones mentioned in this draft).
Also, I have a feeling that the two extensions that are detailed in the
draft are not so related, which one might expect from a single document
describing two (out of N possible) extensions.

Any thoughts from other members?

Best regards,

Yoav

From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of amit
dvir
Sent: Monday, January 17, 2011 3:02 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Roll] Security extensions to RPL

Hello,

Let me kindly inform you that in an EU funded research project on dependable
sensor networks (www.wsan4cip.eu), we adopted RPL as the routing protocol in
our protocol stack for demonstrators, and we designed some security
extensions to RPL (not yet covered by the current RPL security features). 

Our intention is to submit these extensions as an Internet Draft to the ROLL
Working Group. The New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line
Internet-Drafts directories:

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-dvir-roll-security-extensions/

We would be happy to receive comments related to this work.

We also would like to mention that we are developing an implementation of
RPL both in a TinyOS and in a Linux environment. We plan to make our
implementation including the security extensions we specified in the New
Internet-Draft available to the community later this year.

Best regards,

Dr. Amit Dvir

Crypto and System Security Lab (CrySyS) 

Budapest University of Technology

www.crysys.hu