Subject: Re: [Roll] I-D Action:draft-ietf-roll-of0-04.txt

From: Omprakash Gnawali <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2011 15:13:34 -0800

On Wed, Dec 22, 2010 at 4:39 AM, Pascal Thubert (pthubert)
<[email-masked]> wrote:
....
> [Pascal]
> OF 0 is not the default OF (there none). But is it the last resort, when
> nothing else is either available or needed.
> The 0 indicates the absolute minimalistic aspect of that OF. Like a 0 in
> a soda name as opposed to  a default.
> I'll glad to add words from this discussion and be very specific about
> this.
>
> Now, people have been used to that name and changing might increase the
> confusion, wouldn't you think?
> Let's see what other people say. If we decide to change, I tend to favor
> LROF (Last Resort OF).

Last resort describes a policy rather than a property. What one
network decides to do as a last resort might not be what a different
network might do as a last resort. I suggest No/null metric OF.

- om_p