Subject: [Roll] I-D Action:draft-ietf-roll-minrank-hysteresis-of-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2011 16:45:01 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Routing Over Low power and Lossy networks Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : The Minimum Rank Objective Function with Hysteresis
	Author(s)       : O. Gnawali, P. Levis
	Filename        : draft-ietf-roll-minrank-hysteresis-of-01.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2011-02-28

Hysteresis delays the effect of changes in link metric on parent
selection.  Such delay makes the topology stable despite jitters in
link metrics.  The Routing Protocol for Low Power and Lossy Networks
(RPL) allows the use of objective functions to construct routes that
optimize or constrain a routing metric on the paths.  This
specification describes the Minimum Rank Objective Function with
Hysteresis (MRHOF), an objective function that minimizes the node
rank in terms of a given metric, while using hysteresis to prevent
excessive rank churn.  The use of MRHOF with RPL results in nodes
selecting stable paths that minimize the given routing metric to the
roots of a Directed Acyclic Graph (DAG).

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-roll-minrank-hysteresis-of-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.