Subject: [Roll] I-D Action: draft-ietf-roll-p2p-rpl-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 13 May 2011 06:11:41 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories. This draft is a work item of the Routing Over Low power and Lossy networks Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Reactive Discovery of Point-to-Point Routes in Low Power and Lossy Networks
	Author(s)       : Mukul Goyal
                          Emmanuel Baccelli
                          Anders Brandt
                          Robert Cragie
                          Jerald Martocci
	Filename        : draft-ietf-roll-p2p-rpl-03.txt
	Pages           : 22
	Date            : 2011-05-13

   Point to point (P2P) communication between arbitrary IPv6 routers and
   hosts in a Low power and Lossy Network (LLN) is a key requirement for
   many applications.  RPL, the IPv6 Routing Protocol for LLNs,
   constrains the LLN topology to a Directed Acyclic Graph (DAG) and
   requires the P2P routing to take place along the DAG links.  Such P2P
   routes may be suboptimal and may lead to traffic congestion near the
   DAG root.  This document specifies a P2P route discovery mechanism,
   complementary to the RPL base functionality.  This mechanism allows
   an IPv6 router or host to discover and establish, on demand, one or
   more routes to another IPv6 router or host in the LLN such that the
   discovered routes meet specified constraints.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-roll-p2p-rpl-03.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-roll-p2p-rpl-03.txt