Subject: [Roll] DAO Inconsistency Detection and Recovery section in RPL Draft 19

From: "Rajesh Marchappanavar (rmarchap)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 May 2011 20:38:18 -0700

Hi,

In section "11.2.2.3.  DAO Inconsistency Detection and Recovery" the
following paragraph is

very ambiguous. I can't figure out, who is neighbor, node, router. Looks
like terms have

been used interchangeably. Could this be rewritten please.

   Upon receiving a packet with a Forwarding-Error bit set, the node

   MUST remove the routing states that caused forwarding to that

   neighbor, clear the Forwarding-Error bit and attempt to send the

   packet again.  The packet may be sent to an alternate neighbor, after

   the expiration of a user-configurable implementation specific timer.

   If that alternate neighbor still has an inconsistent DAO state via

   this node, the process will recurse, this node will set the

   Forwarding-Error 'F' bit and the routing state in the alternate

   neighbor will be cleaned up as well.

Cheers,

Rajesh