Subject: [Roll] News about draft-ietf-roll-of0-20.txt

From: "Pascal Thubert (pthubert)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2011 11:26:43 +0200

Dear WG:

The IESG record for OF0 can be accessed at :
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-roll-of0/ballot/

You'll find that OF0-20 now has enough positions to pass and no open
DISCUSS.

Draft -20 is an attempt to resolve Ralph's comment that you'll find in
the link above. I have no feedback yet that this specific goal is
achieved.

Version 15 is the one that went into IESG review. The major changes that
happened since are:

- clarify that only a single OF instance is currently supported in RPL
and that multiple OFs is for further study.
- clarify that an OF is not an algorithm but the specification of an
outcome
- clarify that the validation of a link or a router includes (admin)
policies as well as (measured) quality
- clarify the role of the rank_factor
- clarify that some SHOULDs (e.g. use dodag config option) can be
superseded by further guidance.

The overall diff can be viewed by going to http://tools.ietf.org/rfcdiff
and using file 1 URL of draft-ietf-roll-of0-15.txt and file URL 2 of
draft-ietf-roll-of0-20.txt

Many thanks to all those in the WG who helped on this work, and most
specific kudos for his thorough care to our A-D Adrian.

: )

Pascal

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
[email-masked]
Sent: jeudi 8 septembre 2011 07:51
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: [Roll] I-D Action: draft-ietf-roll-of0-20.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories. This draft is a work item of the Routing Over Low power and
Lossy networks Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : RPL Objective Function Zero
	Author(s)       : Pascal Thubert
	Filename        : draft-ietf-roll-of0-20.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2011-09-07

   The Routing Protocol for Low Power and Lossy Networks (RPL)
   specification defines a generic Distance Vector protocol that is
   adapted to a variety of networks types by the application of specific
   Objective Functions (OFs).  An OF states the outcome of the process
   used by a RPL node to select and optimize routes within a RPL
   Instance based on the information objects available; an OF is not an
   algorithm.

   This document specifies a basic Objective Function that relies only
   on the objects that are defined in RPL and does not use any protocol
   extension

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-roll-of0-20.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-roll-of0-20.txt
_______________________________________________
Roll mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/roll

---

From: JP Vasseur <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2011 14:46:56 -0400

Dear WG,

I think that we had plenty of discussions on the mailing list about this document, with lots
of fruitful comments. Thanks Pascal for summarizing changes when posting new revisions.
For the record, we had a WG Last Call on version -07 and IETF Last call on version -14.
Since we had several revisions to address IESG DISCUSS, I would like to open a 1-week 
window opportunity for comments (on changes between revision -14 and -20), which will 
end on Sept 21th at noon ET.

Thanks.

JP.

Begin forwarded message:

> From: "Pascal Thubert (pthubert)" <[email-masked]>
> Subject: [Roll] News about draft-ietf-roll-of0-20.txt
> Date: September 12, 2011 5:26:43 AM EDT
> To: <[email-masked]>
> 
> Dear WG:
>