Subject: [Roll] New Version Notification fordraft-phinney-roll-rpl-industrial-applicability-00.txt

From: "Pascal Thubert (pthubert)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 1 Oct 2011 20:28:54 +0200

A new version of I-D, draft-phinney-roll-rpl-industrial-applicability-00.txt has been successfully submitted by Pascal Thubert and posted to the IETF repository.

Filename:	 draft-phinney-roll-rpl-industrial-applicability
Revision:	 00
Title:		 RPL applicability in industrial networks
Creation date:	 2011-10-01
WG ID:		 Individual Submission
Number of pages: 31

Abstract:
   The wide deployment of wireless devices, with their low installed
   cost (compared to wired devices), will significantly improve the
   productivity and safety of industrial plants, while simultaneously
   increasing the efficiency and safety of the plant&#39;s workers, by
   extending and making more timely the information set available about
   plant operations.  The new Routing Protocol for Low Power and Lossy
   Networks (RPL) defines a Distance Vector protocol that is designed
   for such networks.  The aim of this document is to analyze the
   applicability of that routing protocol in industrial LLNs of field
   devices.

The IETF Secretariat