Subject: [Roll] ACM SenSys 2012: Call for Workshop Proposals

From: "SenSys'12 Publicity" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2012 20:10:12 -0500

[Apologies if you got multiple copies of this email.]
======================================================================
Call for Workshop Proposals

ACM SenSys 2012

Toronto, Canada

November 6-9, 2012

http://sensys.acm.org/2012/

The 10th ACM Conference on Embedded Networked Sensor Systems (SenSys
2012) is a highly selective, single-track forum for the presentation
of research results on systems issues in the area of embedded,
networked sensors. Distributed systems based on networked sensors and
actuators with embedded computation capabilities allow for an
instrumentation of the physical world at an unprecedented scale and
density, thus enabling a new generation of monitoring and control
applications. SenSys provides a cross-disciplinary venue for
researchers addressing the rich space of networked sensor system
design issues to interact, present and exchange research results, and
demonstrate their work in a hands-on research exhibition.

Workshops will be a full day event on the first day of the conference.
The ideal workshop proposal should focus on a specific area, be of
current interest, and be able to attract a number of high-quality
submissions. The proposal should be no longer than three pages and
should clearly identify the name of the workshop, theme of the
workshop, topic areas of interest to define the scope, names and
affiliation of main organizers/program chairs and potential program
committee members, the name of the organizing committee member who
will be the main point of contact,  a tentative call for papers with
workshop deadlines and expected number of submissions and
participants. The proposal should also specify if this will be a
full-day or half-day  workshop, and any logistical needs
(demos/audio/video projection etc).  If this workshop has been held
before, also include its history (number of submissions, number of
accepted papers, and number of attendees).

Please send proposals in PDF format by March 23rd, 2012, 12:00
midnight EST, to the workshop chair, Bodhi Priyantha at
[email-masked]

IMPORTANT DATES:
March 23rd, 2012:  Proposal submission deadline
April 13th, 2012:  Notification of acceptance
November 6, 2012:  SenSys'12 Workshops
November 7-9, 2012:  SenSys'12 Technical Sessions

We look forward to your submissions,

Workshop Chair
Bodhi Priyantha, Microsoft Research

General Chair
Rasit Eskicioglu, University of Manitoba