Subject: [Roll] RFC 6551 on Routing Metrics Used for Path Calculation in Low-Power and Lossy Networks

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2012 04:37:33 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6551

        Title:      Routing Metrics Used for Path 
                    Calculation in Low-Power and Lossy Networks 
        Author:     JP. Vasseur, Ed.,
                    M. Kim, Ed.,
                    K. Pister, N. Dejean,
                    D. Barthel
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       March 2012
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],  [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      30
        Characters: 67707
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-roll-routing-metrics-18.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6551.txt

Low-Power and Lossy Networks (LLNs) have unique characteristics
compared with traditional wired and ad hoc networks that require the
specification of new routing metrics and constraints.  By contrast,
with typical Interior Gateway Protocol (IGP) routing metrics using
hop counts or link metrics, this document specifies a set of link and
node routing metrics and constraints suitable to LLNs to be used by
the Routing Protocol for Low-Power and Lossy Networks (RPL).  
[STANDARDS-TRACK]

This document is a product of the Routing Over Low power and Lossy networks Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC