Subject: [Roll] Last Call: <draft-ietf-roll-minrank-hysteresis-of-07.txt> (The Minimum Rank with Hysteresis Objective Function) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2012 09:46:20 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Routing Over Low power and Lossy
networks WG (roll) to consider the following document:
- 'The Minimum Rank with Hysteresis Objective Function'
  <draft-ietf-roll-minrank-hysteresis-of-07.txt> as a Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2012-04-06 (date set to longer than 2 weeks 
to allow for IETF meeting). Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   The Routing Protocol for Low Power and Lossy Networks (RPL) uses
   objective functions to construct routes that optimize or constrain
   the routes it selects and uses.  This specification describes the
   Minimum Rank Objective Function with Hysteresis (MRHOF), an objective
   function that selects routes that minimize a metric, while using
   hysteresis to reduce churn in response to small metric changes.
   MRHOF works with metrics that are additive along a route, and the
   metric it uses is determined by the metrics RPL Destination
   Information Object (DIO) messages advertise.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-roll-minrank-hysteresis-of/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-roll-minrank-hysteresis-of/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.