Subject: [Roll] RFC 6552 on Objective Function Zero for the Routing Protocol for Low-Power and Lossy Networks (RPL)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2012 04:37:45 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6552

        Title:      Objective Function Zero for the 
                    Routing Protocol for Low-Power and Lossy 
                    Networks (RPL) 
        Author:     P. Thubert, Ed.
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       March 2012
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      14
        Characters: 30419
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-roll-of0-20.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6552.txt

The Routing Protocol for Low-Power and Lossy Networks (RPL)
specification defines a generic Distance Vector protocol that is
adapted to a variety of network types by the application of specific
Objective Functions (OFs).  An OF states the outcome of the process
used by a RPL node to select and optimize routes within a RPL
Instance based on the Information Objects available; an OF is not an
algorithm.

This document specifies a basic Objective Function that relies only
on the objects that are defined in the RPL and does not use any
protocol extensions.  [STANDARDS-TRACK]

This document is a product of the Routing Over Low power and Lossy networks Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC