Subject: Re: [Roll] "Link quality" as a metric for MRHIF

From: Omprakash Gnawali <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 2 Jun 2012 03:51:47 -0500

On Fri, Jun 1, 2012 at 3:14 PM, Ralph Droms <[email-masked]> wrote:
> How is the "link quality" metric used as a selected metric in MRHOF?  As I read RFC 6551, the link quality container carries a list of individual link qualities.  To use the link quality metric in MRHOF, does the computing node add up all the link qualities from the container option to compute the parent path cost?  What about link quality sub-objects with link quality value "0"?

Yes, adding up all the link quality level to compute the path cost.
Adding up all the link quality level, including a 0, will result in
some value which is converted to rank but it is not clear if MRHOF
would be the best objective function to use if you want to use link
quality level metric.

- om_p

---

From: Ralph Droms <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 3 Jun 2012 07:59:28 -0400

> would be the best objective function to use if you want to use link

Ok, then the MRHOF spec should be revised to drop link quality level as one of the candidate selected metrics or to specify in detail how to use link quality level as the selected metric.

- Ralph

> 
> - om_p
> _______________________________________________
> Roll mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/roll

---

From: Omprakash Gnawali <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2012 19:24:36 -0500

> Ok, then the MRHOF spec should be revised to drop link quality level as one of the candidate selected metrics or to specify in detail how to use link quality level as the selected metric.

Good suggestion. We will drop link quality level metrics as one of the
metrics that can be used with MRHOF.

- om_p