Subject: [Roll] I-D Action: draft-ietf-roll-p2p-rpl-13.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 04 Jun 2012 05:59:20 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories. This draft is a work item of the Routing Over Low power and Lossy networks Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Reactive Discovery of Point-to-Point Routes in Low Power and Lossy Networks
	Author(s)       : Mukul Goyal
                          Emmanuel Baccelli
                          Matthias Philipp
                          Anders Brandt
                          Jerald Martocci
	Filename        : draft-ietf-roll-p2p-rpl-13.txt
	Pages           : 35
	Date            : 2012-06-04

   This document specifies a point-to-point route discovery mechanism,
   complementary to the RPL core functionality.  This mechanism allows
   an IPv6 router to discover "on demand" routes to one or more IPv6
   routers in the LLN such that the discovered routes meet specified
   metrics constraints.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-roll-p2p-rpl-13.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-roll-p2p-rpl-13.txt

The IETF datatracker page for this Internet-Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-roll-p2p-rpl/

---

From: Mukul Goyal <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2012 09:01:20 -0500 (CDT)

Hi all

This version takes are of the comments I received during the last call. The changes over the previous version are as follows:

1) Removed sequence number from Data Option. Also, the origin is prohibited from changing the Data Option during a route discovery. Same goes for target (for the Data Option inside the DRO). The main text carrying this change (Section 7.2) is:

"If the Origin chooses to include a Data Option inside its DIO, it
   MUST include the same Data Option in all its future DIO transmissions
   for this temporary DAG.  An Intermediate Router MUST NOT modify the
   Data Option received inside a parent's DIO and MUST include this Data
   Option in all its future DIO transmissions for this temporary DAG.
   The same is true for a Target that needs to propagate the DIOs
   further (required when the route discovery involves multiple
   Targets).  If a Target chooses to include a Data Option inside a DRO,
   it MUST include the same Data Option in all retransmissions of this
   DRO message and MUST NOT include a different Data Option in any other
   DRO messages it generates for this route discovery.  Also, an
   Intermediate Router, which needs to forward a received DRO message
   further, MUST include in the forwarded message a verbatim copy of the
   Data Option found inside the received message.
"

2) Clarified the usage and rules concerning RIO/PIO in P2P mode DIOs (Section 6.1). The relevant new text is:

P2P mode DIO:
"MAY carry one or more Route Information Options [RFC6550].  In the
      context of P2P-RPL, a Route Information Option advertizes to the
      Target(s) the Origin's connectivity to the prefix specified in the
      option.

   o  MAY carry one or more Prefix Information Options subject to the
      usage and rules specified in Section 6.7.10 in [RFC6550].
"

Thanks
Mukul
----- Original Message -----
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Sent: Monday, June 4, 2012 7:59:20 AM
Subject: [Roll] I-D Action: draft-ietf-roll-p2p-rpl-13.txt

_______________________________________________
Roll mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/roll