Subject: Re: [Roll] [roll] #98: Who decides what metrics go in the metric container inside the Measurement Request?

From: "roll issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 04 Jun 2012 15:08:12 -0000

#98: Who decides what metrics go in the metric container inside the Measurement
Request?

Changes (by jpv@…):

 * status:  new => closed
 * resolution:   => fixed

Comment:

 From: "Philip Levis" <[email-masked]>
 To: "Mukul Goyal" <[email-masked]>
 Cc: "roll" <[email-masked]>
 Sent: Wednesday, May 9, 2012 7:31:39 PM
 Subject: Re: [Roll] I-D Action: draft-ietf-roll-p2p-measurement-05.txt

 The new draft addresses all of my comments. The overview section is much
 clearer and unambiguous.

 Phil

 On May 9, 2012, at 4:27 PM, Mukul Goyal wrote:

 This version takes care of ticket #98 (created in response to LC comment
 by Phil Levis) and has the following changes:

 1) Updated the overview section. This section now has better explanation
 of the mechanism and explicitly clarifies the following:
 1.1) The route being measured is from the origin to the target.
 1.2) The origin decides what metrics are measured.

 2) Section 4 (Originating a Measurement Request) now clearly says:

 "The Origin MUST also include the routing metric objects of
  interest inside one or more Metric Container options inside the MO.
 "

 3) Section 5 (Processing a Measurement Request at an Intermediate Router)
 now clearly says:

 "An Intermediate Router can
  only update the existing metric objects and MUST NOT add any new
  routing metric object to the Metric Container.  An Intermediate
  Router MUST drop the MO if it cannot update a routing metric object
  specified inside the Metric Container."

 4) Updated the IANA section to include the correct language as per
 RFC5226.

 These modifications should remove the perceived ambiguity (regarding who
 decides which metrics would be measured) reported in Ticket #98.

 Thanks
 Mukul

-- 
-----------------------------------+----------------------
 Reporter:  jpv@…                  |       Owner:  mukul@…
     Type:  defect                 |      Status:  closed
 Priority:  major                  |   Milestone:
Component:  p2p-rpl                |     Version:
 Severity:  Submitted WG Document  |  Resolution:  fixed
 Keywords:                         |
-----------------------------------+----------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/roll/trac/ticket/98#comment:2>
roll <http://tools.ietf.org/wg/roll/>